• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Sy-Klone

Noory has no business hosting Ghost to Ghost AM.

I don't hate Noory (I don't listen to him, but I don't hate him). But Ghost to Ghost AM needs someone capable of bringing their A-game. I've never seen Noory's A-game. Or any other kind of game, for that matter. Tiddlywinks, maybe.

They have to mark Halloween given the subject area that Coast plays around in. But get Knapp to do it. Or get Punnett to do it. Or, hell, get that Wells guy to do it. Get someone who can be a little edgy.

Noory isn't edgy. Noory is Mustache Grandpa. Good for a Werther's original and an incoherent mumbling remark every now and again, but not exactly one to inspire fear or horror on Halloween.

George's new book has 5 reviews on Amazon, all 5 Star.   That probably explains the jump into the top 10,000 best sellers - currently it's #9,766. 

Pretty good for the popular host of the #2 radio program in America.

Scully

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 30, 2011, 10:47:11 PM
George's new book has 5 reviews on Amazon, all 5 Star.   That probably explains the jump into the top 10,000 best sellers - currently it's #9,766. 

I'm not surprised if it's a good read.  I've always found Rosemary Ellen Guiley entertaining.  8)

b_dubb

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 30, 2011, 10:47:11 PM

people who read books see georgie boy for what he is: a shill who would lend his name to just about anything if he thought he could make a buck at it.  his claims of 'co-authoring' a book probably distill down to 'i sat in a couple of meetings once'. 

jconrad

I think that George may be a nice person but, OMG,  I found this site by looking up the fact that CTCA has become an infomercial program.  Buy my candles and you can blah blah blah.  Sangre de Christo!!  I have been waiting for Georgie boy to actually hit someone with a devil's advocate regimen but he doesn't.  The man is so gullible he makes my sister look like a skeptic.  Wow, I just wish they could get Tommy Mischke to do the show.  Funny thing, he used to be on before CTCAM.  Anyway, glad to see that I am not alone and wonder why he hasn't been replaced.  Rambling, sorry.

Quote from: Sy-Klone on October 29, 2011, 07:47:11 PMI've never seen Noory's A-game. Or any other kind of game, for that matter. Tiddlywinks, maybe.

He plays ass-tag with Tommy D between show breaks...Noory's A-game

M Knight

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on October 31, 2011, 03:16:48 AM

Thank God it is not ass-pool.

kf5iwe

NOORY YOU SUCK!!! IT'S HALLOWEEN YOU FUCK!!! WE WANT OUR UNSCREENED CALLS!!! NOT PRESELECTED CALLERS!$%@#$@ I'D RATHER LISTEN TO 4 HOURS OF STATIC THAN THIS SHIT. Where is my icepick??? Both eardrums right now

Thank God I have enough downloaded old Art shows to last me through the night and a stream to boot.  I'm absolutely terrified of a Noory-hosted Ghost-to-Ghost show.  So terrified I won't even try to tune in.  And if it turns out Art's back and it's a surprise, oh well, I'll download it the next day.  With Snoory's suckage and the train wreck that would ensue, it's a risk worth taking.

punkinpie

Quote from: NefariousBanana on October 31, 2011, 06:55:16 PM
Thank God I have enough downloaded old Art shows to last me through the night and a stream to boot.  I'm absolutely terrified of a Noory-hosted Ghost-to-Ghost show.  So terrified I won't even try to tune in.  And if it turns out Art's back and it's a surprise, oh well, I'll download it the next day.  With Snoory's suckage and the train wreck that would ensue, it's a risk worth taking.

A few weeks ago I heard George soliciting stories for the Ghost-to-Ghost show.  It will be forced, over-produced and under-hosted.

And George still finds time to jam one of his buddies on the first hour from "Hollywood Ghost Hunters". What an asskiss.

analog kid

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on October 31, 2011, 03:16:48 AM

His sport is a drinking game, where every time one of his guests mention the year 2012, he drinks a water glass of scotch.

One year Noory said for Halloween he wanted to dress in costume and show up at one of his regular joints, but not tell anyone it was him.

Wonder how that went.  I'm picturing George, sitting by himself in the Greek restaurant, wearing a cheap Hello Kitty mask, the staff pretending not to know him...

coaster

so i hate on george a lot, but i hope he does well tonight. its ghost to ghost. this will be the only time ive ever rooted for him. hate me if you want, but i hope he does well. not for george, but for halloween..

astroguy

So, n00b question from a guy who only started listening to C2C to keep his critical thinking skills honed because of the guests' craziness:  What exactly is G2G?  As in, how did Art run it that was so good?  I've hear George's solicitations for people to send in stories for G2G for at least this year and last, and while I admire Art doing unscreened calls, can someone explain to me why it's especially important for G2G?

KMKMKM

not even a full 4 hours of G2G open lines?  Maybe instead of dedicating half of a show to Internet Regulation on Halloween week he could've had these guys on earlier.

Morgus

Quote from: astroguy on October 31, 2011, 11:15:55 PM
So, n00b question from a guy who only started listening to C2C to keep his critical thinking skills honed because of the guests' craziness:  What exactly is G2G?  As in, how did Art run it that was so good?  I've hear George's solicitations for people to send in stories for G2G for at least this year and last, and while I admire Art doing unscreened calls, can someone explain to me why it's especially important for G2G?

in the classic days, Art would have five hours of unscreened ghost-to-ghost callers plus excellent background sound effects and music.
only unscreened lines allowed for the real good stories, that get cut out by screeners.

noory in contrast can't even do a full show of open lines like the old days. he has to mess up the grand tradition and has guests on in the first hour, Art never did that - it was all callers only on Halloween...  :P

coaster

Quote from: astroguy on October 31, 2011, 11:15:55 PM
ghost to ghost is/was a open line show where people could call in and tell their ghost stories on Halloween. even if the stories were dull, art made the shows great somehow. but to be honest, Art could read names from a phone book and make it entertaining. tonight will be the equivalent of a case of beer and a hand full of ambien. to me anyway. im half way there. Tonight will be a lesson in patience and annoyance. And maybe a good ghost story scattered here and there.
happy halloween coastgab. cheers.

edit-read Morgus' post.

astroguy

Quote from: Morgus on October 31, 2011, 11:25:34 PM
in the classic days, Art would have five hours of unscreened ghost-to-ghost callers plus excellent background sound effects and music.
only unscreened lines allowed for the real good stories, that get cut out by screeners.

noory in contrast can't even do a full show of open lines like the old days. he has to mess up the grand tradition and has guests on in the first hour, Art never did that - it was all callers only on Halloween...  :P

So it was basically ghost stories open lines, but creepier than usual and with good music and commentary by Art, as opposed to scripted pre-screened calls for 3 hrs with stupid George commentary?

Quote from: astroguy on October 31, 2011, 11:33:18 PM
So it was basically ghost stories open lines, but creepier than usual and with good music and commentary by Art, as opposed to scripted pre-screened calls for 3 hrs with stupid George commentary?

Art Bell's voice made G2G a special feature with Art playing the central role. Anyone else doing the G2G show is like replacing the great movie voice of Boris Karloff with that of Yeardley Smith.  8)

zeph

I know...Seems Snoory can't go one show without bringing up or bringing on any of 'Hollywood connections' that no one cares about. He's seriously ruining the show.

And his "...meet those creatures at night" or whatever comment he made after coming back from break around 1:35 (eastern standard). Yeah, because crickets and bullfrogs are so scary!  ;D

astroguy

Hmm.  I never listened to them before.  I have G2G dating back about a decade or so (I have like 150 GB of C2C on my computer ...).  Was there a particularly good year that Art did it that you'd recommend?  I'd like to listen to that and then I'll listen to, say, this year's as a comparison.

Morgus

Quote from: astroguy on October 31, 2011, 11:55:31 PM
Was there a particularly good year that Art did it that you'd recommend?  I'd like to listen to that and then I'll listen to, say, this year's as a comparison.
any of the classic years, early to mid 1990s.

astroguy

Looks like I have 1993, 1994, 1996, 1998, 2001, 2003+.

George never gets beyond the level of urban legends. Art could level commentary along with whatever 'ghost' story was being related.  8)

SnapT

This is a travesty.  Noory must think he's hosting GUFFAW TO GUFFAW, considering how much he's doing that fake laugh of his during these ghost stories.

zeph

As usual we're also going to hear more commercials and promotions than actual show. He doesn't even try to act like he has any interest in peoples' stories at all. No wonder the callers he's getting are mostly boring so far.

Morgus

More travesty - Noory is now including pre-recorded bits from various guests as well tonight.
He has to reduce the amount of caller time again, probably under 2 hours total for caller stories with this extra junk and the first hour with guests.
He has ruined the tradition of what ghost-to-ghost-am was for.
He should have changed the name if he wants to do something different, like Noory's Haunted Halloween Show.  :P

Now Noory is talking baseball with some caller.
The old rules were nothing but ghost stories with callers - not open lines...

Quote from: punkinpie on October 31, 2011, 07:27:49 PM
A few weeks ago I heard George soliciting stories for the Ghost-to-Ghost show.  It will be forced, over-produced and under-hosted.

This is how we know that George knows he sucks.  He tries to set things up to hide what he considers his weak points.  He calls this his 'system'.

In this case, it's open lines.  With open lines - screened or especially unscreened - he knows a weak point is fielding calls from people that will likely bring up words and concepts he just isn't familiar with.  He realizes he is slow and can't think on his feet.  He can't just read the next cue card.  He's uncomfortable sitting there for 4 hours not knowing what's next.  So lets get them set up ahead of time, probably prerecorded.

Laziness and ego prevent him from working on getting better.