• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Flaxen Hegemony on October 11, 2011, 06:10:02 PM
They're com...pen...sat...ing... the whole lot of them, including Noory.

Nah, FH.  There's a difference between the REAL men Frys Girl references and the Noory types. 

I'd like to see how much compensating you think is going on out here in the heartland when one of your dogs cuts a 300 pound bear sow off from her cubs and she's not real happy with you because of it.  A real man (or woman) doesn't necessarily shoot a gun in a situation like that.  But if quick thinking and other strategies fail, I'd rather have a gun than a politically correct position on gun ownership to get me safely out of the situation.  Just my opinion. 

Frys Girl

Quote from: Lovely Bones on October 12, 2011, 11:25:10 AM
Nah, FH.  There's a difference between the REAL men Frys Girl references and the Noory types. 

I'd like to see how much compensating you think is going on out here in the heartland when one of your dogs cuts a 300 pound bear sow off from her cubs and she's not real happy with you because of it.  A real man (or woman) doesn't necessarily shoot a gun in a situation like that.  But if quick thinking and other strategies fail, I'd rather have a gun than a politically correct position on gun ownership to get me safely out of the situation.  Just my opinion.
Thank you. There's nothing weak about being prepared or knowledgeable about guns. I don't know much, but one day I'd like to be a gun owner and learn how to shoot. I think guns get a bad reputation because of criminals and the dumb democrats who go after gun owners/limit gun ownership rights in order to fight crime. Morons. "let's get tough on law abiding citizens. Brazen criminals, don't fret!"

b_dubb

Quote from: Frys Girl on October 12, 2011, 04:36:48 PM
Thank you. There's nothing weak about being prepared or knowledgeable about guns. I don't know much, but one day I'd like to be a gun owner and learn how to shoot. I think guns get a bad reputation because of criminals and the dumb democrats who go after gun owners/limit gun ownership rights in order to fight crime. Morons. "let's get tough on law abiding citizens. Brazen criminals, don't fret!"
yeah too bad democrats had all that gun control in Arizona. maybe if everyone in AZ had a fully loaded machine pistol in their pocket maybe only two or three people would've been shot.  yeah gun control sucks

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on October 12, 2011, 04:46:45 PM
yeah too bad democrats had all that gun control in Arizona. maybe if everyone in AZ had a fully loaded machine pistol in their pocket maybe only two or three people would've been shot.  yeah gun control sucks
prohibitive gun laws wouldn't stop lunatics from behaving like lunatics.  ::)  It is too bad that someone wasn't armed and ready to stop Jared Loughner. It was a liberal gathering....... But that's not to say that something devastating like that wouldn't happen at a conservative event.

rangers1919

Quote from: b_dubb on October 12, 2011, 04:46:45 PM

There was a person who was interviewed that was armed at the Gifford's shooting. He said he came out of the store and everybody was running away so he got out his gun and was about to shoot somebody, but was stopped. It turned out it was the wrong person that he was a second away from shooting, and was accidentally stopped from killing. This person was fairly highly trained. If more people had guns they would not be trained, many of them would come out and just start shooting making it far worse.

Frys Girl

Quote from: rangers1919 on October 12, 2011, 05:37:28 PM
There was a person who was interviewed that was armed at the Gifford's shooting. He said he came out of the store and everybody was running away so he got out his gun and was about to shoot somebody, but was stopped. It turned out it was the wrong person that he was a second away from shooting, and was accidentally stopped from killing. This person was fairly highly trained. If more people had guns they would not be trained, many of them would come out and just start shooting making it far worse.
That's pure speculation on your part. Your entitled to your opinion about guns, so do your part and don't get one. However, don't tell me that I should be limited in my rights because of weak speculations and fear.

I wish people were this afraid of criminals as they were of trained owners. I have watched gun classes on youtube and the teachers are fantastic and responsible. I can't wait to get my permit and it disgusts me that people are so afraid of something they know so little about. Gun crimes do not equal or relate to gun rights.

It reminds me of people who telling women not to wear a skirts because they'll be raped. You can't limit your rights because of the actions of criminals. You have to be prepared and smart in case they do act. 

kf5iwe

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 12, 2011, 02:24:01 AM

I couldn't help but tune into thuh show for a few minutes.  So this is what the 'Zebra Talk' stuff is about.  Somehow I'd managed to not have heard her before. 

Here all this time I thought Whitley was the most deluded and irritating of all the potential guests out there.  Ok, he still is, but at least there is another contender (Majorette Dames doesn't count, he's too offensive to be any fun at all).

End of Zebra Talk.
Dont you realize if it wasn't for Major Ed, Santa Claus would have taken over years ago? We all owe a debt of gratitude to the selfless efforts of Major Ed, David Morehouse and many many other shithouse rats!!

Raven53

Man I thought all that zeta talk was going to make my head explode.......I could not have interviewed her and kept a straight face .....man I hope they dont have her back for a while.

b_dubb

Quote from: Frys Girl on October 12, 2011, 05:40:56 PM
That's pure speculation on your part

nah.  that's a fact.  but it's not like that's important or anything

Quote from: rangers1919 on October 12, 2011, 05:37:28 PM

One take away from this is It Didn't Happen.  He didn't shoot that wrong person.  Pretty interesting in a scary confused situation.

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on October 12, 2011, 07:24:47 PM
nah.  that's a fact.  but it's not like that's important or anything
Now you just sound like a George Noory pet guest. So if more people arm themselves, it is a given that they would not be trained? How's that? Oh you just said it's a fact. Puh. Ok. That's a liberal fantasy conjured up to limit gun rights.

b_dubb

Quote from: Frys Girl on October 12, 2011, 07:34:00 PM
Now you just sound like a George Noory pet guest. So if more people arm themselves, it is a given that they would not be trained? How's that? Oh you just said it's a fact. Puh. Ok. That's a liberal fantasy conjured up to limit gun rights.
that's right. i'm out to get your guns.  i'm the gun monster.  arrrrrghhhh.  booooo

the gun monster.  just in time for halloween

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on October 12, 2011, 07:38:21 PM
that's right. i'm out to get your guns.  i'm the gun monster.  arrrrrghhhh.  booooo

the gun monster.  just in time for halloween
Speaking of dumbasses, George Noory sucks.

As I did with his last book release, I'll check this coming piece of crap out from the library. However, HAL may offer us a copy or two ;) I'll try to do another quote thread.

Quote from: Frys Girl on October 12, 2011, 07:46:57 PM
Speaking of dumbasses, George Noory sucks.

As I did with his last book release, I'll check this coming piece of crap out from the library. However, HAL may offer us a copy or two ;) I'll try to do another quote thread.
No wonder cities are broke having to buy that asswart's book.

Frys Girl

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on October 12, 2011, 09:15:35 PM
No wonder cities are broke having to buy that asswart's book.
LOL. Actually this is a good point. I just heard that the city of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania just filed chapter 9. Also, Illinois raised taxes so high on citizens and businesses that both are leaving the state en masse. Both of those areas are going to have to miss out on checking out George Noory's books for a while. They probably can't even staff their libraries.

onan

Quote from: Frys Girl on October 12, 2011, 07:34:00 PM

If anyone thinks a two week gun safety course is adequate for conceal/carry or just plain carry for the purpose of supposed intervention in a situation where another is spraying bullets they need to be locked away. Cops have to qualify much more often than the public and they make mistakes.

The stupidity and arrogance of those that actually think they would be effective in that kind of crisis is what makes me think more gun control is necessary.

I almost wish the ilk that thinks they would know what to do in a shooting situation had the opportunity. So when they came back and reported all they did was shit themselves the rest of us could have a laugh... oh wait this isn't funny at all.

Rico999

Let me ask you folks a question:  Doesn't George often lead with a gruesome story?  It seems to me he does this all the time.  Well, today as you're probably aware, some idiot murdered at least 8 people in a beauty shop in Seal Beach, CA, just south of LA. 

And not a word in the "news" segment tonight.  The show IS live is it not?  Hell, I live in LA and this story was all over KFI,  whose studios Ralph broadcasts from when he's in SoCal. 

Do ya think that it's just a "coincidence" that he didn't lead with it or even mention it?   Maybe he wasn't aware of this event that everyone else seems to know about?  Damn, if so, I wonder why?  Seriously, Ralph, what's up with that??  It's way out of character for him not to even mention something like this...

Or is he as fucked up as I think he might be?

Do ya think it might have something to do with him having on that GOA dude the other night and jabbering about his concealed-carry permit, etc.?  Hell, I don't know.  What do you think?

Scully

Quote from: Rico999 on October 12, 2011, 11:39:33 PM
Let me ask you folks a question:  Doesn't George often lead with a gruesome story?  It seems to me he does this all the time.  Well, today as you're probably aware, some idiot murdered at least 8 people in a beauty shop in Seal Beach, CA, just south of LA. 

And not a word in the "news" segment tonight.  The show IS live is it not?  Hell, I live in LA and this story was all over KFI,  whose studios Ralph broadcasts from when he's in SoCal. 

Do ya think that it's just a "coincidence" that he didn't lead with it or even mention it?   Maybe he wasn't aware of this event that everyone else seems to know about?  Damn, if so, I wonder why?  Seriously, Ralph, what's up with that??  It's way out of character for him not to even mention something like this...

Or is he as fucked up as I think he might be?

Do ya think it might have something to do with him having on that GOA dude the other night and jabbering about his concealed-carry permit, etc.?  Hell, I don't know.  What do you think?

Just reading all this chatter about gun control and also thinking about the beauty salon incident yesterday.  Hmmmmm ...

Good point about how George tailors his "news" to fit his political views.  I've noticed that a lot.  Just one more thing that makes me want to retch when he talks about how politically neutral he is.

I'm a lefty who owns a gun and knows how to use it for self-protection ... in my bedroom ... at night ... should some fool be stupid enough to rattle me in my own cage.  I don't strap it to my leg, though, and wear it to a political rally as some have in recent times.  ???

Scully

Out of curiosity re George and Rosemary Ellen Guiley's new book, I attended the Streamlink chat to see what they would say about George's part in writing it. (Evil grin) There were a number of George Fans there who asked topical questions, and he was on a roll. My question: "Did you two split the stories for the book down the middle?"

Guiley:  "A collaboration is an easy give and take."

Noory:  "Actually Rosemary did the lion's share of the work.  I did the outline and the concept, but she's the star."

Translation from NoorySpeak:  "She wrote it. I doodled."

Asked if he has plans for more books in the future, George said he's sure he'll do another book with Guiley soon.  Right now he's working on three of them with Bill Birnes: one called "Talktown USA" (which is about how talk shows have kept the pressure cooker of life from boiling over), one called "Nero Blaze, Time Traveler," and a cookbook to be called "Afterdark Snacks."

You heard it here first, Folks.  ::)

(One final tidbit: George: "I've been getting very, very strange dreams of late.  I think THEY are trying to tell me something."  If you only knew, Jorch, if you only knew.)  8)   

Quote from: Scully on October 13, 2011, 12:43:58 AM
and a cookbook to be called "Afterdark Snacks."

Are you serious???  This is what the orchid growing club or whatever does as a fund raiser as it is so easy.  I guess in George's case it has to be all healthy food tho.  Maybe that makes it harder.  Is he gluten-free too?  I know he has said several times he will not eat pasta.

redgiant

This thread reminds me of what hell would be like...Does it ever end?

George should pose for PlayGirl since he's been toning his physique up with that stuff in the black jug that you eat.
Imagine the fun we could have with that!
Personally, I think it's heroin he's shooting up or snorting that's doing that to him and he's not working out, but that remains to be seen.

Quote from: redgiant on October 13, 2011, 02:03:18 AM
Hell No
p.s. Noory blows goats

valdez

George continues his war on fluoride with Dr. Bill Osmunson.  Then it's Jim Rawles on the complete breakdown of civilization and how to survive the mad max no electricity future.  George wondered, "how will old people on medication get to the pharmacies?"  Huh?  George, there will be no pharmacies.  What's wrong with you, man?  Don't you listen to your own show?

Frys Girl

Quote from: onan on October 12, 2011, 11:19:21 PM
If anyone thinks a two week gun safety course is adequate for conceal/carry or just plain carry for the purpose of supposed intervention in a situation where another is spraying bullets they need to be locked away. Cops have to qualify much more often than the public and they make mistakes.

The stupidity and arrogance of those that actually think they would be effective in that kind of crisis is what makes me think more gun control is necessary.

I almost wish the ilk that thinks they would know what to do in a shooting situation had the opportunity. So when they came back and reported all they did was shit themselves the rest of us could have a laugh... oh wait this isn't funny at all.
Don't like guns? Don't bother getting one. Afraid of guns? Don't get one. Your fear and weakness doesn't translate to a need for limiting my rights.

This is America, and one of the great laws that sets us apart from other countries is our right to bear arms. My grandfather sold guns in Iran and he was and still is one of the most responsible people I know. Gun owners are usually more aware of their surroundings and unlike the character you have in your head of them, they are not trigger happy cartoon characters.

stevesh

Quote from: onan on October 12, 2011, 11:19:21 PM

In Michigan, the course necessary for application for a Concealed Pistol License is 8 hours (I teach it). No one is under the impression that the course teaches applicants everything (or even much about what) they need to know about handling a possible shooting situation, but that's not the point. No one, including trained police officers, can anticipate what being shot at is like or how they will react.

The point behind the Shall Issue concealed carry laws effective now in all but two states is that law-abiding citizens should be able to do pretty much what they want to do unless they harm another person, especially when the desired activity is expressly provided for in the Bill of Rights. The prior restraint idea that you should be able to restrict my behavior based on what you think I might do in a particular situation is control-freak stuff and un-American.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Frys Girl on October 13, 2011, 06:37:26 AM
Don't like guns? Don't bother getting one. Afraid of guns? Don't get one. Your fear and weakness doesn't translate to a need for limiting my rights.

This is America, and one of the great laws that sets us apart from other countries is our right to bear arms. My grandfather sold guns in Iran and he was and still is one of the most responsible people I know. Gun owners are usually more aware of their surroundings and unlike the character you have in your head of them, they are not trigger happy cartoon characters.

Agreed, FG.  Seems as if the gun control advocates on this thread are confusing law abiding gun owners with the Gerald Loughners of the world.  And seems as though they believe gun control laws will keep guns out of the hands of the Gerald Loughners of the world.  I believe they are wrong on both counts. 

M Knight

Quote from: redgiant on October 13, 2011, 02:03:18 AM

No.  The Suckage is Eternal.

fysisist

Quote from: Scully on October 13, 2011, 12:43:58 AM
Out of curiosity re George and Rosemary Ellen Guiley's new book, I attended the Streamlink chat to see what they would say about George's part in writing it. (Evil grin) There were a number of George Fans there who asked topical questions, and he was on a roll. My question: "Did you two split the stories for the book down the middle?"

Guiley:  "A collaboration is an easy give and take."

Noory:  "Actually Rosemary did the lion's share of the work.  I did the outline and the concept, but she's the star."

Translation from NoorySpeak:  "She wrote it. I doodled."

Asked if he has plans for more books in the future, George said he's sure he'll do another book with Guiley soon.  Right now he's working on three of them with Bill Birnes: one called "Talktown USA" (which is about how talk shows have kept the pressure cooker of life from boiling over), one called "Nero Blaze, Time Traveler," and a cookbook to be called "Afterdark Snacks."

You heard it here first, Folks.  ::)

(One final tidbit: George: "I've been getting very, very strange dreams of late.  I think THEY are trying to tell me something."  If you only knew, Jorch, if you only knew.)  8)

For sure, Georgie is gonna' bank as much cash as he can with his 15 min of fame.  Georgie has the publicity machine in C2C so shouldn't be hard for him to find a collaborator to do the writing while he provides the hype.  I will never be able to figure out why anyone would want to actually read anything with his name on it.  But then again, I can't understand why anybody actually wants to listen to his show unless it is to gather material for rants on CoastGab, such as is the case with me.  15 min of Noory gives me ammunition for the whole week.  "Sucks" is too polite of a description of what Georgie does on a nightly basis.