• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: valdez on October 22, 2011, 05:29:55 AM
... Linda Godfrey on crypto-whatever.  Bless her heart, but has anybody found any evidence for any of this stuff?  No.  George is just killing time...

Waaait, I tuned in for a few minutes on the way home and listened to 'Linda' tell a story about some wolf-looking things walking around on their hind legs, when I got home and turned it off they had just started talking about Bigfoot...

I just assumed it was Linda Moulton Howe, sounded enough like her on my radio, she got to talk a long time between interruptions, she answered George with a word or two and continued on...  I actually had to go to the C3C website just now to see that it really was this other Linda.  Did I just imagine she had a bit of a quiver to her voice as well?

One note of interest was when George asked her about the wolves walking around on their back legs it reminded me of the time he said he jumped over something and got HIS hind legs tangled up..

Morgus

Quote from: valdez on October 22, 2011, 05:29:55 AMwhat's with the guy who said he was calling from Heaven?  Was that a skit thrown together by the ingenious c2c staff?  George spent most of the night wondering what Camping and his followers were thinking and feeling.  Eh, what about getting one of those miscreants on the line and finding out?
yeah that was obviously another planted caller. he followed Noory's childish ideas of what heaven should be, like waiting in a line to get wings to turn into an angel exactly.
an obvious fake stupid Noory stunt. he did similar ones a few months back with Camping's first rapture date, so Noory probably had some more leftover from then.

Morgus

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 22, 2011, 01:13:53 PMOne note of interest was when George asked her about the wolves walking around on their back legs it reminded me of the time he said he jumped over something and got HIS hind legs tangled up..
Noory is obviously secretly a werewolf...  8)

Quote from: Morgus on October 22, 2011, 01:54:53 PM
... he followed Noory's childish ideas of what heaven should be, like waiting in a line to get wings to turn into an angel...

Oh please no.  The Amazing Incredible Sucktastic George Noory.

George:  'Wer jus' havin' som fun'

Eddie Coyle

Steven Pinker on Tuesday...maybe Noory will have a nice rapport with a fellow author. They're of similar intellect ;) ...

Fractal

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on October 22, 2011, 01:13:17 AM
“As you might expect from his biospiritual orientation, Dr. Horowitz is a Levitical priest by virtue of his bloodline, spiritual direction, and ecclesiastical commitments. He is the body corporate and Overseer of The Royal Bloodline of David, an omni-denominational healing ministry.”

He also “oversees The Kingdom of Heaven, a private spa and retreat center on the Big Island of Hawaii, where one of the world’s most powerful natural healing resourcesâ€"volcanically-heated steamâ€"is being used to help explain and demonstrate Divinity to humanity.”

Thanks for that information, DangerousBlossom.

What the hell does all that psychotic babble mean?  Honestly, does it have any meaning at all??  "Omni-denominational healing ministry"?? 

As for the "volcanically-heated steam", that's a VERY old trick, similar to the one used by the Oracle at Delphi:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2001/08/0814_delphioracle.html

It's called "hallucinogenic gases."  More:

QuoteDe Boer conducted an analysis of these hydrocarbon gases in spring water near the site of the Delphi temple. He found that one is ethylene, which has a sweet smell and produces a narcotic effect described as a floating or disembodied euphoria.

"Ethylene inhalation is a serious contender for explaining the trance and behavior of the Pythia," said Diane Harris-Cline, a classics professor at The George Washington University in Washington, D.C.

I think Horowitz has permanent brain damage from breathing his own ethylene in Hawaii.

Thanks for your information, too, FabuCat.  I found some additional information from the Canadian Quakery Watch:  http://healthwatcher.net/quackerywatch/horowitz/index.html

You'll have to scroll down a little to find what they have to say about Horowitz.  And there's more here:  http://americanloons.blogspot.com/2011/03/179-leonard-len-horowitz.html

Morgus

that phony caller from heaven last night also told of having only basic cable TV in heaven, none of the dirty R-rated shows like on HBO he said.
again that all sounds like Noory's idea of heaven, all G-rated with people getting wings to become angels...  :o

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Morgus on October 22, 2011, 02:46:11 PM
that phony caller from heaven last night also told of having only basic cable TV in heaven, none of the dirty R-rated shows like on HBO he said.
again that all sounds like Noory's idea of heaven, all G-rated with people getting wings to become angels...  :o
I am in heaven, I was raptured on October 21, 2011.    I can attest that if you are superbly good, St. Pete will grant you the Disney Channel and ABC Family.  I have both. 

George, if you want deluxe channels in heaven, you better work on it.  You cannot take DISH with you.

fabucat

Quote from: Morgus on October 22, 2011, 02:46:11 PM

I was really hoping that they actually took a mendacious crank caller, but, alas, it sounds like one of George's tame lame friends.  I'd LOVE a real crank caller from heaven who would say: "Reagan, Ford & Hoover are here with me in heaven.  All the Democrat Presidents: Truman, FDR, LBJ, JFK etc. are in HELL.  Nixon's in hell with 'em because he was too darned liberal!" 

And most of Coast's audience would believe it:)

fabucat

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 22, 2011, 02:13:48 PM

Steven Pinker on Tuesday...maybe Noory will have a nice rapport with a fellow author. They're of similar intellect ;) ...

Pinker's going to shoot himself for agreeing to a stupid interview at such an ungodly hour.  Unless he's in the UK or a similar time zone.  He's usually in Canada, lol. 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: fabucat on October 22, 2011, 08:24:41 PM
Pinker's going to shoot himself for agreeing to a stupid interview at such an ungodly hour.  Unless he's in the UK or a similar time zone.  He's usually in Canada, lol.
If he's in Quebec...by 2:11 am he'll be looking for a bottle of quick-acting hemlock.

Hi all, I'm new to the site, been listening to C2C for a few years. I didn't think there were many people who felt the same way I do about Noory, so this is a pleasant surprise. From the way he talks about himself on the show, you'd think that he's everyone's best friend...

Anyhow, I wanted to share something George said that really bothered me. During his recent interview with the physicist Dr. Leonard Mlodinow, just before they brought on Deepak Chopra, they were talking about physics, or science in general or something at the time, it was about a week ago and I listen to C2C as I'm going to sleep so I don't remember exactly.  I think George said something to the effect of how interesting and beautiful nature is, and how he and other people appreciate it, and how EVEN A SCIENTIST could appreciate it, HA HA! (in his awful and smug way of laughing)

He made it sound like scientists aren't people who are motivated by the awe and wonder of the universe, like they would be the LAST people to appreciate it, and that it would be really funny if they actually did. Which obviously is completely backwards and ridiculous, and Dr. Mlodinow quickly corrected him, thankfully. The number one motivation of the scientist is to explore nature and get to know it better...I mean does George have physicists confused with accountants, or something? Does he think scientists are people who grudgingly sit around and just memorize facts and figures, because someone or something has to keep track of it all, those dull nerds?

He is so unqualified to moderate a discussion like that...It was bizarre and uncomfortable, I had to turn it off pretty quickly. If anyone has the text of the part of the interview I'm talking about, I'd appreciate if you could post it.

Quote from: thefamilyghost on October 23, 2011, 01:31:39 AM
...I mean does George have physicists confused with accountants, or something?...

George isn't really interested in anything other than George Noory.  He really isn't - notice his complete lack of show prep, the uninspired retread questions, him not seeming to be listening to the guests or asking follow up questions related to something a guest has just said.  An interested person would operate much differently. 

George thinks everyone else is that way too and is surprised from time to time to find out other people like animals, kids, nature.  That pople are interested in all sorts of topics.  As part of his nice guy persona, he pretends to be interested in these things too.  For awhile.  But he can't hide the real George 100% of the time.  His lack of care, interest, understanding, shines right through. 

And discussion and documentation of his suckiness continue on all around the internet..

stevesh

If anyone has the text of the part of the interview I'm talking about, I'd appreciate if you could post it.

Welcome. You'll find a lot of like-minded people here. You've described the problem with having a 'debate' between science and spirituality at all, much less moderated by a dolt like Noory. You can't refute the irrational with rationality, or vice-versa.

Noory: "You know, I do believe that this very mysterious universe that we live in is absolutely marvelous. I mean, uh, everything we see, things that science begins to discover, just amazing things that are out there, even as a scientist you've got to be impressed with it, you know it ?"

Mlodinow: "Dont say 'even' ! You should say 'especially' as a scientist. I make that point in the book; the scientists are the ones who, more than anyone else, appreciate these things and are driven to awe and wonder by them because we deal with them, we think about them every day. And even more than that, scientists are people who were driven to their fields by just that feeling."

Well met, sir. Noory's response - hearty (fake) laughter.

stevesh

And the saintly Dr Chopra revealed himself as something of a dick in the last hour by repeatedly interrupting Dr. Mlodinow.

Quote from: stevesh on October 23, 2011, 07:04:15 AM
Noory: "You know, I do believe that this very mysterious universe that we live in is absolutely marvelous. I mean, uh, everything we see, things that science begins to discover, just amazing things that are out there, even as a scientist you've got to be impressed with it, you know it ?"

Mlodinow: "Dont say 'even' ! You should say 'especially' as a scientist. I make that point in the book; the scientists are the ones who, more than anyone else, appreciate these things and are driven to awe and wonder by them because we deal with them, we think about them every day. And even more than that, scientists are people who were driven to their fields by just that feeling."

Well met, sir. Noory's response - hearty (fake) laughter.

YES, that's it exactly, thank you. In a country where the scientist is misunderstood enough already, we don't need George Noory spreading more disinformation...It's like all he is actually concerned about is whether he can get the scientists to convert to christianity through a few dumb questions like "There's just gotta be something else out there, don't you think?". I don't think he has any idea that his guest could run circles around him, intellectually, on probably any topic...He always has to be right, too. There is no just letting the guest say what he or she wants to say without him having to agree with it, to let everyone know he thinks it's valid, as if that matters. It's not the George Noory Show for cryin' out loud.

Quote from: thefamilyghost on October 23, 2011, 12:33:00 PM
It's not the George Noory Show for cryin' out loud.

Unfortunately, that's exactly what it has become.  :(  And, Welcome!   :)

fysisist

Hi all, I'm new to the site, been listening to C2C for a few years. I didn't think there were many people who felt the same way I do about Noory, so this is a pleasant surprise. From the way he talks about himself on the show, you'd think that he's everyone's best friend...

Anyhow, I wanted to share something George said that really bothered me. During his recent interview with the physicist Dr. Leonard Mlodinow, just before they brought on Deepak Chopra, they were talking about physics, or science in general or something at the time, it was about a week ago and I listen to C2C as I'm going to sleep so I don't remember exactly.  I think George said something to the effect of how interesting and beautiful nature is, and how he and other people appreciate it, and how EVEN A SCIENTIST could appreciate it, HA HA! (in his awful and smug way of laughing)

He made it sound like scientists aren't people who are motivated by the awe and wonder of the universe, like they would be the LAST people to appreciate it, and that it would be really funny if they actually did. Which obviously is completely backwards and ridiculous, and Dr. Mlodinow quickly corrected him, thankfully. The number one motivation of the scientist is to explore nature and get to know it better...I mean does George have physicists confused with accountants, or something? Does he think scientists are people who grudgingly sit around and just memorize facts and figures, because someone or something has to keep track of it all, those dull nerds?

He is so unqualified to moderate a discussion like that...It was bizarre and uncomfortable, I had to turn it off pretty quickly. If anyone has the text of the part of the interview I'm talking about, I'd appreciate if you could post it.

The problem is that Noory has no concept of what actual science is.  He thinks that wild speculation and unsubstantiated claims are the stuff of science.  Hence the C2C "science advisor", Richard Hoagland, who is 10 times more clever than Noory, but still a shameless self-promoter and charlatan.  I'm pretty sure that Noory's concept of a scientist is a guy who sits around looking at and writing indecipherable equations and staring at a computer all day.  I've said it on the forum before, and I'll say it again - Noory says he loves science, but he wouldn't know actual science if it booted him straight in his hairy ass and then did a dance in front of him.  So it's just more of the same with Noory, all fluff, no actual substance.  A show geared for uncritical thinkers and woo-woo new agers. 

fysisist

Just for the hell of it, I'm thinking or responding to posts as I think Georjee would.  So whenever I read a post, I'm gonna' put on my best Snooron hat and do as the master would. 

11angeleyes11

Quote from: fysisist on October 24, 2011, 01:38:50 PM
Just for the hell of it, I'm thinking or responding to posts as I think Georjee would.  So whenever I read a post, I'm gonna' put on my best Snooron hat and do as the master would.

There are many new management changes ongoing at Clear Channel.  Maybe if you promote yourself and become indispensable, you can become the Coast to Coast Forum Advisor. 

Quote from: fysisist on October 24, 2011, 01:19:56 PM
The problem is that Noory has no concept of what actual science is.  He thinks that wild speculation and unsubstantiated claims are the stuff of science.  Hence the C2C "science advisor", Richard Hoagland, who is 10 times more clever than Noory, but still a shameless self-promoter and charlatan.  I'm pretty sure that Noory's concept of a scientist is a guy who sits around looking at and writing indecipherable equations and staring at a computer all day...

Yeah, he also thinks of a scientist as someone blocking 'thuh trooth' from the masses

... Noory says he loves science, but he wouldn't know actual science if it booted him straight in his hairy ass and then did a dance in front of him.  So it's just more of the same with Noory, all fluff, no actual substance.  A show geared for uncritical thinkers and woo-woo new agers.

He has precisely the amount of interest in science as he has in the paranormal.  Zero.

JustOneFix

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on October 24, 2011, 01:43:29 PM
There are many new management changes ongoing at Clear Channel.  Maybe if you promote yourself and become indispensable, you can become the Coast to Coast Forum Advisor.

Too bad there's not any "night shift host" changes. Noory fucking sucks!

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: fysisist on October 24, 2011, 01:38:50 PM
You've eliminated yourself from accurately imitating Noory... because you're thinking.

He'd never do a thing like that.

The problem is that Noory has no concept of what actual science is.  He thinks that wild speculation and unsubstantiated claims are the stuff of science.  Hence the C2C "science advisor", Richard Hoagland, who is 10 times more clever than Noory, but still a shameless self-promoter and charlatan.  I'm pretty sure that Noory's concept of a scientist is a guy who sits around looking at and writing indecipherable equations and staring at a computer all day.  I've said it on the forum before, and I'll say it again - Noory says he loves science, but he wouldn't know actual science if it booted him straight in his hairy ass and then did a dance in front of him.  So it's just more of the same with Noory, all fluff, no actual substance.  A show geared for uncritical thinkers and woo-woo new agers.

Great point. I'll add that it seems like most of the science we hear on C2C about is 'quantum consciousness', or quantum this, or quantum that. Pretty fringe stuff most of the time that doesn't seem to have a whole lot of substance, or at least doesn't get explained in depth and usually gets tied into talking about God. Moreover, most of the time it seems like the guests who throw out those phrases aren't even scientists themselves, and they just tag 'quantum' on to make their views sound legitimate. And then of course Noory has to pose his favorite questions, like 'do you think we can travel through time?' and 'what about the God particle?' No wonder people in general have such strange opinions about physics...of course the history channel and discovery channel documentaries don't help much either, they are pretty sensationalist themselves.

Morgus

Noory has started already tonight offering free copies of his new book as a bonus prize for those who buy one of his sponser's products like the CC Radio.
That must mean so few are buying the new book he has lots of extra copies lying around?  8)

Quote from: Morgus on October 24, 2011, 11:19:22 PM
Noory has started already tonight offering free copies of his new book as a bonus prize for those who buy one of his sponser's products like the CC Radio.
That must mean so few are buying the new book he has lots of extra copies lying around?  8)

What about the people who pay for that bullshit streamlink membership for a year. It still would not have made things right, but at least a person would have something to show for their money.

Morgus

Noory just labeled tonight's c2c show a 'classic' before it even started.
Isn't that a bit presumptious even for him?  :P

morphiaflow

I don't dip my toe into this thread much, btw, because as much as I don't like George, it's more that I'm pro-Art/Knapp, and I like to keep it positive. But here's a small contribution from me.

He's done that for several years to describe a "classic" Coast topic--UFOs, supernatural, etc, as opposed to the political/social/religious rhetoric that now dominates the show. It's sad that the "classic" topics are the exception now rather than the rule. It's also sad, of course, how poorly he handles those topics. But oh well.

So there you go.

Scully

I enjoyed Bill Birnes' and Joel Martin's detailed story about how creepy New Orleans is and how many tragedies have happened there ever since Marie Laveau, the Voodoo Priestess, years ago put a curse on the whole city because she was a person of mixed race who felt she had been treated badly by the residents there.

All through their Hallowe'en-appropriate story George threw in his usual comments of "absolutely" and "sure." Just as Birnes finally paused to catch his breath, though, George said (with feigned  great interest), "And didn't somebody put a curse on that city?"

You can't make this stuff up.  ::)

b_dubb

Quote from: Morgus on October 25, 2011, 12:09:25 AM
Noory just labeled tonight's c2c show a 'classic' before it even started.
Isn't that a bit presumptious even for him?  :P
i'm sure what he meant was 'classic noory fuck up'