• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Noory improving?

Started by Robert, April 03, 2016, 10:18:14 PM

Robert

I've had occasion a few times lately to listen to C2C while he was emceeing.  I didn't notice any Nooryisms or obvious gaffes, although I did catch one of his phony exclamations -- although Ms. Wade seems to have developed a stock one too.  He seemed genuinely interested in the content.

I think he's actually improving.  I attribute this to motiv'n under the threat of competition from MITD.  This confirms my previous surmise that he wasn't intrinsically bad, just a lazy SOB who was making minimal effort.

Does anyone here have evidence to contradict my observ'n of improvement on Noory's part?

If the trend I'm perceiving continues, then Ms. Wade had better step up her game, which will be harder because she has less experience and I think is already trying as hard as she can.  Either that or Mr. Bell needs to come back.  However, I don't think Mr. Bell was motivated by competitiveness at all, but rather by disgust, and that if he too perceives Noory to have improved, Mr. Bell will have achieved his aim.

Robert

But why am I tuning in to Noory at all?  It's because the advertised topics look more interesting than MITD's have lately.  I'm interested in fringe topics, but fringe doesn't have to mean paranormal.  Fringe just means topics other programs consider too, I don't know, outre, I guess.

Take tonight.  I'm not too sleepy yet, because I was sick & slept during the day.  I listened to the 1st hour of MITD, because the topic was of some interest to me, but after an hour of it, it's like, so what's new?  So I checked out C2C & see 2 topics that are not paranormal but fringe & interesting: the prison-industrial complex (& associated war on drugs), and a naval figure who some theorist believes to have been responsible for the Arthur legend.

I haven't heard Noory wreck a show lately, though I can remember lots of times he used to.  I'll see how he does tonight.

ziznak

waves

No it's just as bad, it's just that he's actually a relief compared to Heather. Who knew? The amateur Heatherisms plus voice affectations got much older much quicker.

Juan

I don't know if sNoory improved or if I've listened to too many bad DMRN shows over the past two years, but one Sunday night I listened by accident and thought Crown Boy was at least mediocre.

Robert

Quote from: ziznak on April 05, 2016, 04:56:39 AMso how bad did he suck?
Wasn't bad on either segment.  Didn't derail the show.  Seemed genuinely interested & engaged.

Robert

Quote from: waves on April 05, 2016, 10:00:05 AMNo it's just as bad, it's just that he's actually a relief compared to Heather. Who knew? The amateur Heatherisms plus voice affectations got much older much quicker.
I know what you mean, although I still find her voice mostly seductive.  It's a bit of disillusionment.  I had higher hopes for her show.  She's not bad, though.  Certainly better than I'd do.  I'd do different things wrong, though not fewer.  But I do have more of a sense of keeping score with her now that I think it's a real contest vs. Noory rather than a pushover in her favor.

I'm also a little bit afraid Ms. Wade is overcoached.  I might be completely wrong.  However, if Mr. Bell really is going over her content with her, I'm afraid he may be too much of a perfectionist and so causing her to "press".

However, lately it's more the subject matter that's causing me to turn to C2C over MITD.  I probably won't turn her off for the gold bug who's billed on C2C's 1st segment tonight, though.

karameh1

I dunno about all that, his "stock" idiosyncrasies still bug me, if not drive me outa my mind -- rudely or at least thoughtlessly stepping on the guests'/callers' words and responses, as if deliberately competing with them for vocal airtime; speaking of vocalizations, his putrid "yucchhh!"'s and "oooww!"s and other barfing noises he feels obliged to insert, as though radioland anxiously awaits his judgment on everything, or instructions on how we are supposed to feel; and of course his broken record faithful reports on the latest atrocities committed by ISIS et al.  Hell, Mexican drug cartel grunts categorically cut off more heads than militant Muslims and have been for years now, whereas the Middle Eastern phenomenon is relatively new (if one doesn't count Saudi state executions). ::)

Well Robert I'm sure you're a very nice guy but no George Noory is not improving. I'm continually amazed that someone who started out so bad can now be so much worse. And in exchange for being the worst on-air personality on radio he makes a half million a year not counting supplemental income from Carnivora and all the other idiot products he hawks. But of course I mean all that in the nicest possible way.

Plus, sometimes he's so mean to Tommy

pate

I get it, for igNooron to have a producer this early in his illustrious carreer, careen, that language sutff. 

Not Sure wot this hole thang is 'bout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08e9k-c91E8

dang-o half 'musing. 

Better than that fango-dango, every day!

Robert

I know how it is: Hear his voice & you can't un-hear his derailment of discussions, his feigning of interest as he forgot what was said (even by himself) 20 min. earlier, his ridiculous mispronunciations.  So if the suck ever stops -- if it has already stopped -- it's going to be hard to get used to it.

pate

Even Simple Jorch hasn't visited the "Island" yet?

Sack-er-liege>?

Erma!

Robert

I just hadn't gotten enough of a recent sample.  No, from listening more, I can tell Noory's not improved or even improving.  Last night, for instance, although the guest wasn't scintillating, at least the discussion was meaningful until near the end of the 1st hour.  From that point and into the next hour, it seemed Noory was totally set on derailing that train & never letting it get back on any track.  The guest took it in stride, but those strides were never again to follow a path.  Fortunately I fell asleep.