• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Gov. Gary Johnson

Started by Walks_At_Night, January 08, 2016, 09:10:31 PM

Also, 21st I didn't mean to imply you were gay.  I was merely replying to Dr. Md's question.  In your case you were drunk and consequently your judgment was impaired, and they peer pressured you, in your drunken state, into that act.  Not that there's anything wrong with being gay. Not that you are. But hypothetically, if you were, there would be nothing wrong with it.  I mean I personally find that lifestyle disgusting and degenerate, but you would have every right to practice it, if you so wanted, which you don't, which I'm okay with either way, what with my libertarian leanings and all.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on July 20, 2016, 01:56:23 AM
Also, 21st I didn't mean to imply you were gay.  I was merely replying to Dr. Md's question.  In your case you were drunk and consequently your judgment was impaired, and they peer pressured you, in your drunken state, into that act.  Not that there's anything wrong with being gay. Not that you are. But hypothetically, if you were, there would be nothing wrong with it.  I mean I personally find that lifestyle disgusting and degenerate, but you would have every right to practice it, if you so wanted, which you don't, which I'm okay with either way, what with my libertarian leanings and all.

Alright, enough of this gay banter! Serious question time: Is Alex jones a friend or foe to libertarianism? Discuss!

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on July 20, 2016, 01:56:23 AM

I know you weren't.  I didn't take it that way.  You're cool with me.  We all do stupid shit when we're young and I got out of that situation quickly so it's ok.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 20, 2016, 02:06:07 AM
Alright, enough of this gay banter! Serious question time: Is Alex jones a friend or foe to libertarianism? Discuss!

A freak?  :P No, I'd say he is somewhat libertarian just as I am.  I don't know how he feels about drugs though.  If that's a qualifier, I would definitely not make the cut.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 20, 2016, 01:45:18 AM
The only difference I have with you is that I think most of the regulations and such should be done on a state level not a federal level but that is just me.  I'm a stickler when it comes to constitutionally delegated powers. I can't argue with these reasonable regulations though.

Any differences we might have about that subject are too trivial to quibble about. Cheers!

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on July 20, 2016, 02:14:57 AM
Any differences we might have about that subject are too trivial to quibble about. Cheers!

Agreed!!! ;D ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 20, 2016, 02:14:30 AM
A freak?  :P No, I'd say he is somewhat libertarian just as I am.  I don't know how he feels about drugs though.  If that's a qualifier, I would definitely not make the cut.

I know for a fact he's libertarian on that one. He sometimes smokes pot with his buddy, Joe Rogan.  ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 20, 2016, 02:06:07 AM

I don't listen every day so I'm not sure what all his views are, but based on his concerns about big government, his past support for Ron Paul, and inviting him on his show several times, I'd say friend.

Also, Lee Ann McAdoo.  If Alex Jones did nothing else, he introduced Lee Ann McAdoo to the wider public.  That alone makes him a friend in my book.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 20, 2016, 02:17:35 AM
I know for a fact he's libertarian on that one. He sometimes smokes pot with his buddy, Joe Rogan.  ;)

Yeah, it looks like he's had quite a few rounds of munchie attacks. :P

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 20, 2016, 01:43:45 AM
I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.  :D

;D

QuoteRand has always bugged me too.  ;)

Especially as a political litmus test...

VtaGeezer

I hear that Cheetos has made a substantial contri to the Doper Libertarian Campaign.

Zetaspeak

If we had ranked ballots this dude would win this year, hands down.

Neither Hillary or Trump will come close to 50%. Gary would be everybody second pick and more people would vote for him first without fear it would help Trump or Hillary,

Seriously if we ever changed the system with ranked ballots it would be such a difference maker on both sides of the aisle.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on July 20, 2016, 02:21:34 AM
Also, Lee Ann McAdoo.  If Alex Jones did nothing else, he introduced Lee Ann McAdoo to the wider public.  That alone makes him a friend in my book.

I want to have her babies.

Thanks henge0stone, saw a bit of it.  I voted Johnson last time because he was better than the alternatives, but I wasn't aware how much he departed from traditional Libertarian stances.  For example the wedding cake thing.  It may be a minor issue, but it gives a glimpse into someone's larger philosophy as to government intrusion when no harm is being done.  He seems to think all bakers should be forced to service any customers no matter what their differences, which is not libertarian at all.  Also his support of abortion & TPP are red flags to me (although I realize abortion is controversial within the LP). 

droog

He really should have run with his original response and not tried to excuse himself.  I have not read his policy statement, but (for me) one of the appeals of the libertarian stance is to get us to stop meddling in conflicts/issues outside of our borders as the founding fathers intended.  Having military bases in so many countries, stirring things up covertly (assassinating democratically elected leaders who probably weren't going to play ball with us, for one) and overtly, has not won us all that much love globally, and has cost us American lives and treasure.  He should have said that the statement indicated his faithfulness to core libertarian ideals.

Gov. Johnson should've said "I don't give two rat tits about Syria. Fuck 'em!"

droog

Quote from: rekcuf on September 08, 2016, 10:38:16 AM
Gov. Johnson should've said "I don't give two rat tits about Syria. Fuck 'em!"

THAT is EXACTLY what I'm talkin' about!

albrecht

The NY Times had to correct their own article on this 'scandal.'  :)
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/09/us/politics/gary-johnson-aleppo.html?_r=0

Correction: September 8, 2016

An earlier version of this article misidentified the de facto capital of the Islamic State. It is Raqqa, in northern Syria, not Aleppo.
Correction: September 8, 2016

An earlier version of the above correction misidentified the Syrian capital as Aleppo. It is Damascus.

I thought Johnson said he was gonna give up dope during the campaign.  Guess he
couldn't hold out.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXhR41lsEJY

pate

Quote from: Zetaspeak on July 20, 2016, 10:06:37 PM
If we had ranked ballots this dude would win this year, hands down.

Neither Hillary or Trump will come close to 50%. Gary would be everybody second pick and more people would vote for him first without fear it would help Trump or Hillary,

Seriously if we ever changed the system with ranked ballots it would be such a difference maker on both sides of the aisle.

I am not using Google-fu to make the following statement:

Under the original Rules of Order (or Constitution, not Articles of Confederation) wasn't the second place whiner placed in the Vice-Presidential spot?  (cue links to www.lmgtfy.com)...

It would be funny to see this man clearly enslaved as a minion of Cthul'u be the next Joe Biden Dan Quayle Al Gore Dick Cheney Elaine VEEP...

I always vote for the old one, btw.  It is good to see he has his Perot Huckleberry in this election too... Ah, 1992 election, probably the last openly fair election not rigged by voter fraud.  If only I'd been old enough to vote maybe Cthulu would'a won that year....

Don't think it will matter, though.  I should save this video for two weeks before the election next month:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v-33jcEDk4

albrecht

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37506311
This time the weed his memory caused him to not be able to mention any foreign leader when asked who he liked and then self-reference it as an "Aleppo Moment." Dude double-downed on his earlier brain-freeze and is trying to create his own saying. Bizarre stuff. He should've just said: "I don't like any of them. USA! USA! USA!" or rambled on about something else. Or attract the younger/older-hippie crowd by blaming weed and then into a monologue how it will save the world and needs to be legal. Instead says "I'm having an Aleppo Moment?"  :o

analog kid

Quote from: albrecht on September 29, 2016, 09:15:15 AM
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37506311
This time the weed his memory caused him to not be able to mention any foreign leader when asked who he liked and then self-reference it as an "Aleppo Moment." Dude double-downed on his earlier brain-freeze and is trying to create his own saying. Bizarre stuff. He should've just said: "I don't like any of them. USA! USA! USA!" or rambled on about something else. Or attract the younger/older-hippie crowd by blaming weed and then into a monologue how it will save the world and needs to be legal. Instead says "I'm having an Aleppo Moment?"  :o

I watched that town hall, and it's a shame, because he started out strong, and his defense of his first "Aleppo Moment" was a good one, I thought. They had some good arguments that made one wish we could have a libertarian in the White House.

Dr. MD MD

Sorry, but I'm with Johnson. Who of today's world leaders can be considered "admirable?" I can't think of anyone who's lighting a spark in me. Hillary said Merkel and that's a joke. She'll probably go down as one of the most unpopular chancellors who sold her country out to the UN and foreign refugees who are now running amok in her country. I'm sure Hillary thought that was the NWO acceptable answer but it's just so weak and spineless of her.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 29, 2016, 05:24:25 PM
Sorry, but I'm with Johnson. Who of today's world leaders can be considered "admirable?" I can't think of anyone who's lighting a spark in me. Hillary said Merkel and that's a joke. She'll probably go down as one of the most unpopular chancellors who sold her country out to the UN and foreign refugees who are now running amok in her country. I'm sure Hillary thought that was the NWO acceptable answer but it's just so weak and spineless of her.

I would go with Patsy Reddy or John Key. But I have ulterior motives. It is hard to get permission to immigrate to New Zealand. I would try to get in their good graces.