• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Video Gaming

Started by trostol, December 20, 2015, 02:08:47 AM

trostol

Quote from: Coffeeman on December 20, 2015, 03:57:01 AM
I've sunk more hours than I care to admit into NV. I really liked Obsidian for awhile. They made another one called Alpha Protocol that wasn't to everyone's liking, but it was pretty dynamic game anyway.

loved Alpha Protocol...wasnt overly pretty...but it was a great different setting for an action RPG

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 20, 2015, 03:51:33 AM
Yeah, it's silly because there were woman on the ground floor of the video game industry and they made some of the bigger hits like River Raid and Centipede and some of the first adventure games too. Perhaps, there's still a parity issue in terms of employment in the industry. I don't know, but people should be able to freely create whatever content they want. I think it would truly be a breakthrough in feminism for a woman to create a video game that other women found sexist.  ;)

"Everything is s sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic" -Anita Sarkeesian

norland2424

Quote from: rekcuf on December 20, 2015, 03:59:01 AM

trigger tags please, she triggers my internet ptsd  :'(

trostol

in which she doesnt even play most of the games she bitches about

zeebo

Quote from: norland2424 on December 20, 2015, 03:54:40 AM
how is your new vegas run going anyway?

I was getting stuck a bit, since I didn't want to miss anything.  Then I said wtf, this is an rpg, I'm gonna play it as such and I'm having so much more fun (esp. since I know I'll do another play-thru later).  So when the roman legion guys pissed me off - I declared a personal war upon them and after a massive battle I'm vilified by them, haha.  Still it's just a game I'm kind of savoring, doing random side-quests, wandering around alot, etc.  No hurry to finish.  8)

Dr. MD MD

Welcome to the Orwellian world! Ms. Sarkeesian is your minister of re-education and she'll let you know what's alright to think and when you should think it. It's all worked out for you. No fuss, no muss!  ;)

Quote from: trostol on December 20, 2015, 04:00:46 AM
in which she doesnt even play most of the games she bitches about

Nope, she steals 'let's play' videos and doesn't credit the creators. She was running a good scam for awhile. Folks finally getting wise...

trostol

also recently finished Assassins Creed Syndicate..very very good game..got back to the roots in a way..way better then Unity

norland2424

Quote from: zeebo on December 20, 2015, 04:02:30 AM
I was getting stuck a bit, since I didn't want to miss anything.  Then I said wtf, this is an rpg, I'm gonna play it as such and I'm having so much more fun (esp. since I know I'll do another play-thru later).  So when the roman legion guys pissed me off - I declared a personal war upon them and after a massive battle I'm vilified by them, haha.  Still it's just a game I'm kind of savoring, doing random side-quests, wandering around alot, etc.  No hurry to finish.  8)

this is always the first legion bastard that i kill  8)

Quote from: trostol on December 20, 2015, 03:51:47 AM
lol i have been stuck using Piper but i do have a nice new iron man collection ..

Noooice! I put Piper in Atom Cats armor and sent her to the Castle, she's now completely MIA, nowhere to be found. Her sister wife, Cait, doesn't seem too concerned, it's a little unsettling.

Quote from: norland2424 on December 20, 2015, 03:53:22 AM
for me its this bastard  Mcready, hes cool when i just murder people...

lol I might try and get the Mcready perk next.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 20, 2015, 04:03:22 AM
Welcome to the Orwellian world! Ms. Sarkeesian is your minister of re-education and she'll let you know what's alright to think and when you should think it. It's all worked out for you. No fuss, no muss!  ;)

Uh huh. Toxic masculinity and such. *yawn* A privileged upper middle class white woman shilling for shekels. And it works. *sigh*

trostol

Quote from: malachi.martini on December 20, 2015, 04:07:57 AM
Noooice! I put Piper in Atom Cats armor and sent her to the Castle, she's now completely MIA, nowhere to be found. Her sister wife, Cait, doesn't seem too concerned, it's a little unsettling.

lol I might try and get the Mcready perk next.

yeah i just picked up an 8th and 9th suit...never use the things lol

Quote from: norland2424 on December 20, 2015, 04:00:35 AM
trigger tags please, she triggers my internet ptsd  :'(

She's a triggered girl living in her triggered world.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: rekcuf on December 20, 2015, 04:09:26 AM
Uh huh. Toxic masculinity and such. *yawn* A privileged upper middle class white woman shilling for shekels. And it works. *sigh*

Yeah, I'd say it did have a bit of a chilling or at least cooling down effect in the industry.This could be an intentionally directed thing though as video games have even surpassed movies in terms of media revenue recently. Perhaps it's some attempt by corporations at leveling the media playing field again in someway? If it is I can't see it being that effective for too long.

zeebo

Quote from: norland2424 on December 20, 2015, 04:06:39 AM

haha i understand

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on December 20, 2015, 04:06:39 AM

oh yeah that guy gets it every time lol

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 20, 2015, 04:16:40 AM
Yeah, I'd say it did have a bit of a chilling or at least cooling down effect in the industry.This could be an intentionally directed thing though as video games have even surpassed movies in terms of media revenue recently. Perhaps it's some attempt by corporations at leveling the media playing field again in someway? If it is I can't see it being that effective for too long.

A billion dollar industry. More than movies and music. I see these "advocates" moving into industries where the big money is. IMO, they're attempting to carve out an unearned chunk just for themselves. Adding nothing, producing nothing. Claiming that widespread problems exist in gaming (insert any industry) for women. Using the platform of 'feminism' to line their pockets. Pure greed. Are there problems? Sure. It's hard to empathize though when everything is "problematic" for women.

Coffeeman

Quote from: zeebo on December 20, 2015, 04:02:30 AM

Man, I envy you playing the first time. Are you playing the vanilla version or the release with all the DLC? Some of them like Dead Man's Hand were really really good.

cweb

Playing a lot of Fallout 4. I never took the time to try the series until now... wow. I have wasted so much fucking time on the crafting. But combat is fun. Will definitely do several playthroughs.

Hoping Skyrim gets ported. I think if Bethesda spent a lot of time and/or was really impressed by the port, it will be a paid port instead of "free." I think Oblivion still has a lot of charm to it as well. I love the Skyrim region, but there's a certain charm to stomping through Cyrodiil. Plus Oblivion gates were a different kind of dungeon crawl.

Prior to Fallout 4, I was going through Borderlands 2 for the millionth time. It's amazing how many gameplay elements they "borrowed" from other games.

I've also recently enjoyed GTA V, Diablo III, and the occasional Madden.

As for more retro stuff, I'm trying to get my copy of Timesplitters 2 back from my brother so I can fire it up on the Gamecube. Best successor to Goldeneye, IMO.

onan

Quote from: cweb on December 20, 2015, 11:25:17 AM
Playing a lot of Fallout 4. I never took the time to try the series until now... wow. I have wasted so much fucking time on the crafting. But combat is fun. Will definitely do several playthroughs.

Hoping Skyrim gets ported. I think if Bethesda spent a lot of time and/or was really impressed by the port, it will be a paid port instead of "free." I think Oblivion still has a lot of charm to it as well. I love the Skyrim region, but there's a certain charm to stomping through Cyrodiil. Plus Oblivion gates were a different kind of dungeon crawl.

Prior to Fallout 4, I was going through Borderlands 2 for the millionth time. It's amazing how many gameplay elements they "borrowed" from other games.

As for more retro stuff, I'm trying to get my copy of Timesplitters 2 back from my brother so I can fire it up on the Gamecube. Best successor to Goldeneye, IMO.

I am on my third play through with FA4. It is losing its luster. I still enjoy FA3, never really like NV. I played DiabloIII but it is the same thing over and over.

trostol

Quote from: onan on December 20, 2015, 11:34:47 AM
I am on my third play through with FA4. It is losing its luster. I still enjoy FA3, never really like NV. I played DiabloIII but it is the same thing over and over.

i can see it losing its luster after a third play through in a month lol

trostol

Quote from: cweb on December 20, 2015, 11:25:17 AM

from what i read, the port is supposed to look amazing

onan

Quote from: trostol on December 20, 2015, 01:30:42 PM
i can see it losing its luster after a third play through in a month lol

I didn't get that with 3. I still play it, especially Operation Alaska, and The Pitt.

norland2424

Quote from: onan on December 20, 2015, 01:49:46 PM
I didn't get that with 3. I still play it, especially Operation Alaska, and The Pitt.

Well to ne fair those are dlc's which we still don't have any for fo4.

onan

Quote from: norland2424 on December 20, 2015, 01:51:59 PM
Well to ne fair those are dlc's which we still don't have any for fo4.

true, but I have had them since first available. I think for me FO3 might just be where I first got hooked.

trostol

planning on doing a from scratch run through DA:I when i finish with FO4

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on December 20, 2015, 04:33:46 PM
planning on doing a from scratch run through DA:I when i finish with FO4

Get the hell out of my head...i got it for my bday last month but was planning to play it after i get tired of fallout :o.

3OctaveFart

Virtual reality headsets are going to be the gaming toy to buy (or not) in 2016.

Product testers for Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and PlayStation VR have said the technology is phenomenal.

I asked my wife last night if she would consider allowing it, buttering her up with praise and a few drinks beforehand, and got shot down before I even finished speaking.

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on December 20, 2015, 04:39:00 PM
Get the hell out of my head...i got it for my bday last month but was planning to play it after i get tired of fallout :o.

dude..that is freaky

Quote from: Meatie Pie on December 20, 2015, 04:46:44 PM
Virtual reality headsets are going to be the gaming toy to buy (or not) in 2016.

Product testers for Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and PlayStation VR have said the technology is phenomenal.

I asked my wife last night if she would consider allowing it, buttering her up with praise and a few drinks beforehand, and got shot down before I even finished speaking.

not sold on VR yet...could it be great? yeah..but it feels..impersonal for some reason