• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Tattoos

Started by ponyboysunset, December 19, 2015, 10:30:40 PM

Hog

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 28, 2017, 09:34:51 AM
No worries Hog, ask away. No fading as I generally avoid the sun being so pale and yes that is me. I posted it so someone from chat last night for the podcast could see it. I heavily sunscreen when I do go out for longer periods of time.
Thanks, I guess time might affect any fading, the one I am referring to that has the fading red has about 23 years on it.

Do you have any art on the inside of your upper arms? I guess I'm meaning on the exact opposite side as your avatar? 

I don't know if I could take getting work done up there.  That or the back of the hands, like Charlie Sheens character in "Cadence" that got eight balls tattooed on the backs of his hands, which was apparently against Army regs.

peace
Hog

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Hog on September 28, 2017, 09:53:02 AM
Thanks, I guess time might affect any fading, the one I am referring to that has the fading red has about 23 years on it.

Do you have any art on the inside of your upper arms? I guess I'm meaning on the exact opposite side as your avatar? 

I don't know if I could take getting work done up there.  That or the back of the hands, like Charlie Sheens character in "Cadence" that got eight balls tattooed on the backs of his hands, which was apparently against Army regs.

peace
Hog
At the beginning of this thread I posted my fennec fox it's my whole upper right arm. I also have a band on that same arm that hurt like a bitch on the inside. Not looking forward to the fill in when the big art is done.

Here is the fox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1njm328vhj3s5dr/70DDB604-7EF8-448F-A891-9953C195B496.JPG?dl=0

Here is my chest piece. It's the name of my heroine from my novels. Joey Roxy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tn9pq9hrs7lmbcg/82369B81-31B4-4351-91F8-7B814DD1B08E.JPG?dl=0

Uncle Duke

Hog-

Yes, I know I asked a very open ended question.  Thanks for the detailed response.  The question was a result of stories told by a family friend who volunteers at a local food bank.  One involves an increasingly heavily tattooed individual who comes to the food bank routinely with his children.  He now apparently has one arm completely sleeved, and is working on the second.  She is forbidden by the food bank from asking how he can afford what appears to be expensive body art, but cannot afford to feed his children.  Guess it's a question of priorities.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 28, 2017, 10:13:10 AM
Hog-

Yes, I know I asked a very open ended question.  Thanks for the detailed response.  The question was a result of stories told by a family friend who volunteers at a local food bank.  One involves an increasingly heavily tattooed individual who comes to the food bank routinely with his children.  He now apparently has one arm completely sleeved, and is working on the second.  She is forbidden by the food bank from asking how he can afford what appears to be expensive body art, but cannot afford to feed his children.  Guess it's a question of priorities.
When I lived in Detroit frequently I would see people using EBT cards or food stamps and they go outside and get in a brand new SUV. I always wondered how the hell they pulled that off. Same goes for the tattoo guy. Not cool.

Hog

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 28, 2017, 09:46:09 AM
Did you have to stay inside the lines?
Hey Gravity, no, this girl let me draw outside the lines, but most of the time I stayed within the lines.

peace
Hog

ItsOver

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 28, 2017, 10:30:49 AM
When I lived in Detroit frequently I would see people using EBT cards or food stamps and they go outside and get in a brand new SUV. I always wondered how the hell they pulled that off. Same goes for the tattoo guy. Not cool.
Yeah, that's not cool at all.  It's like the professional panhandlers who get to their "job" in a pretty nice set of wheels.

Hog

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 28, 2017, 10:13:10 AM
Hog-

Uncle Duke, no problems.   And yes, the priorities you describe aren't in line with my own, and most peoples I;m guessing.

I was surprised at some of the higher prices of this artwork.

I never even thought about the tipping either. Sounds excessive almost, but if you're getting a multi-session job, you certainly want a happy artist vs. an artist who feels cheated from a tip.  They could accidentally develop Tourettes while working on you, or they could suddenly forget how to spell properly.

peace
Hog

GravitySucks

Quote from: Hog on September 28, 2017, 10:36:33 AM
Hey Gravity, no, this girl let me draw outside the lines, but most of the time I stayed within the lines.

peace
Hog

My son has lots of ink. Most of it looks really stupid. He says it is addicting. I don't think it is the ink. I think it is the endorphins released from the needle. Like cutting. I don't have any so I cannot be considered an expert.

My daughter has wanted one for awhile. I told her she can get one as soon as she wants...  me to stop paying for college. That has worked so far.

Swishypants

Start saving for laser removal once your son decides pissing you off isn't that fun anymore. Drawing on your skin is infantile. Only confused kids and SAVAGES that think face paint and bows and arrows are the height of technology do it.

Physical turnoffs:  fat, bad breath, STDs, tattoos

The Alcoholic

"YOU'LL REGRET THEM WHEN YOU GET OLDER!"

I work in the healthcare industry as well as take of my mom who is in bad health.

There are people who can't piss by themselves, can't walk, can't even eat without help so if i'm old and I have enough time to worry about some ink on my body then I'd say I'm doing pretty damn good.

edit: Gravitysucks, I don't know what your son is smoking. I have tattoos and know a lot of people who do (My friend's dad used to be an artist even) and no one has ever said that getting a tattoo was a rush, felt good, or didn't suck. Some just suck less than others depending on the area/artist.

A tattoo is like building your own house or going to college. You hate doing it but the end result is satisfying.