• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 18, 2018, 10:48:12 PM
Oddly enough, it can be started now with existing technologies. All you need to move asteroids around are hydrogen bombs and chemical rockets. We have those.

Cheaper with tethers.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Mr Apnea on May 18, 2018, 10:49:15 PM
Oh my that was bad TV.  A TV show before they used science consultants.

Yeah where was RCH hiding?

Dave's like muthafucka we live in Clown World, how all this shit supposed to happen.

Jojo

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 17, 2018, 11:14:16 PM
Was it huge? Any sound?
I didn't hear any noises from him.  I wouldn't have been able to hear that.

He was shorter than the eave of a house, but taller than most doorways.  It was dark and he was fur-covered, but he looked pretty strong.  Didn't seem to have much of a neck.  His face had fur but not so much as to cover his expressions.  I'll never forget how offended he seemed to have stumbled upon my trajectory.  He truly seemed aghast at first, totally shocked, then furious.  The slope in the road must have concealed my headlights from him.  It was, like, personal because an animal would not have moved through fear to anger like that.  He was still well within the grass and painted margin, in no danger as I drove slowly.  But he acted like I was ruined his day, as he turned on his heel took a deep ditch in just one or two strides, and disappeared into the shrubs and trees.  An animal would have just retreated and then crossed, without such indignant anger.

It was so sudden, so brief.  Hypnotic.  But as I got closer to home a few miles away, I was shook up and afraid to be outside.  The next day I thought a lot about it.

I think satellites see him.  I'm sure of it.  I think we should make land reserves and peace with them.  I suspect they bury their dead.  They'd have to live underground, really, no other choice.  Women and children must be somewhere.  Maybe they know when they are ailing, and go with the women and children to die, for the most part.  I'd imagine their caves or underground areas are quite circuitous to navigate, possible with decoy routes, fake endings...  We should respect them.  Especially since at least out here, they don't pillage.

Later that highway was widened.  He had been crossing it near a creek.  I hope he still has enough area, and a creek.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 18, 2018, 10:47:41 PM

Seems like an expanding sun would put out a stronger solar wind because of reduced gravity. The reduced gravitational pull and increased solar wind would shift the orbit of all planets outward.

It will, the equilibrium will change. They're just not sure how, if certain things happen then Mercury will get ejected entirely, if the Jupiter/Saturn  resonance gets screwy then it gets unpredictable.

chefist

Quote from: malachi.martini on May 18, 2018, 10:47:54 PM
Level 4: Dump button common place.

If those 3 don't work...yup.

El Chorro

Dave is getting close to "What's going ON out there???"

#NooryLove

Mr Apnea

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 18, 2018, 10:47:41 PM

Seems like an expanding sun would put out a stronger solar wind because of reduced gravity. The reduced gravitational pull and increased solar wind would shift the orbit of all planets outward.

Earth will drift to Mar's obit.  10% brighter per billion years and shrinking mass.   If he is really worried about this, why isn't he worried about andromenda - her she comes, good luck trying to figure out where our sun and earth wind up after that!

Bellgabbers are nothing but weeds, society is full of them... choking the life out of all the pretty flowers..

Dyna-X

Quote from: malachi.martini on May 18, 2018, 10:50:26 PM
Dave's like muthafucka we live in Clown World, how all this shit supposed to happen.
I wouldn't want to see what a Common Core space program creates.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 18, 2018, 10:49:29 PM
Cheaper with tethers.

I really like the idea of vaporizing the surface of an asteroid with a hydrogen bomb though. I do have my evil super villain side.

El Chorro

Quote from: AlternativeSide on May 18, 2018, 10:53:25 PM
Bellgabbers are nothing but weeds, society is full of them... choking the life out of all the pretty flowers..

Sorry there's no show to listen to again tonight, dear.

SciFiAuthor

We're more like fruits, nuts and vegetables to be honest.

Oh thank goodness, there is another guest.

Catsmile

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 18, 2018, 07:23:37 PM
Even Falkie does better

# Sad
# Really.
# When Falkie does something better than you...
# Hang it up, turn out the lights, the party is over.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 18, 2018, 10:55:22 PM
Oh thank goodness, there is another guest.

Yeah, that one was a bit rough.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 18, 2018, 10:51:20 PM
It will, the equilibrium will change. They're just not sure how, if certain things happen then Mercury will get ejected entirely, if the Jupiter/Saturn  resonance gets screwy then it gets unpredictable.

Amazing we got to the moon with sliderules and women computers. 65ish years after the Wright Brothers. 50 years later and we are discussing going to the stars and harboring the energy of suns. 

PrairieGhost

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 18, 2018, 10:16:59 PM
Not to be mean to Illinois, but coming from Missouri, crossing the bridge it immediately feels like you've entered the land of oppression and sadness.

You aren't wrong.

Mr Apnea

I thought Weed was a pretty flower.

El Chorro

I once made some goat soap milk. Yecch

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 18, 2018, 10:53:47 PM
I really like the idea of vaporizing the surface of an asteroid with a hydrogen bomb though. I do have my evil super villain side.

Any role for fish with lasers on their heads?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 18, 2018, 10:56:22 PM
Amazing we got to the moon with sliderules and women computers. 65ish years after the Wright Brothers. 50 years later and we are discussing going to the stars and harboring the energy of suns.

I stand in awe of Apollo for sure. Still though, now we have SpaceX. God knows what BFR will open up for us.

painter17

I’ve heard this next guest before, he has a good personality... if it’s who I’m thinking, Dave interviewed him before for Coast or Darkness radio I think

El Chorro

This sounds like Alex Jones lol

Cowkiller

Maybe Heather needs a bone.  Without  Art, shes all wound up.  No stress relief except cigarettes.  She needs to jump back on a horse, any horse and she'll feel a hell of alot better.