• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

dsz

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 30, 2018, 03:23:15 AM
True that.  I wonder what type of programing Keith will come up with in the weeks to come?

Who cares at this point... I just know one thing it better be >

dsz

If it ain't live he'll lose Get the Tea and CCrane. That's instant bankruptcy shit right there. Kiss of death.

AZZERAE

Its a beautiful day outside ... Why waste it on BellGab?

Hells Mole

Quote from: dsz on April 30, 2018, 03:07:21 AM
Now we have Keith's epitaph.

Now we know who designed Ramona's tombstone.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 29, 2018, 06:18:14 PM
Yeah, penises aren't knives, you know? ::)

If they were, yours would be a pen knife.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PaulAtreides on April 30, 2018, 03:49:29 AM
If they were, yours would be a pen knife.

Yours would be a toothpick. That is all.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 30, 2018, 03:53:49 AM
Yours would be a toothpick. That is all.

You stupid window licking pencil dick.  A toothpick is not a knife.  Now put your helmet on - the short bus is on the way. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PaulAtreides on April 30, 2018, 03:59:36 AM
You stupid window licking pencil dick.  A toothpick is not a knife.  Now put your helmet on - the short bus is on the way.

Exactly! Being a man loving soyboy you don't have a knife. You have a toothpick. They say it's what you do with it though. ;D

ponyboysunset

Quote from: popple on April 29, 2018, 07:08:27 PM
Heather's whole adventure from regular old BellGabber to Art Bell protege (and headstone designer) would be an intense and buh-zarre experience for most anyone. Can one even return to normal life after that? Makes sense when she says she can't move forward. I do hope she gets professional counseling to help sort things out.
I hope she gets help too. But odds are she won't given her posting history. Someone offered some tough love too and she snapped at them as well.
In regards to having a normal life again, did she really have one before? I guess for some people working in the adult industry is a "normal" life. It wouldn't be for me but then again I am a 9 to 5 steady job person. I think most of the people here don't want to see her harmed.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 30, 2018, 05:48:08 AM
I hope she gets help too. But odds are she won't given her posting history. Someone offered some tough love too and she snapped at them as well.
In regards to having a normal life again, did she really have one before? I guess for some people working in the adult industry is a "normal" life. It wouldn't be for me but then again I am a 9 to 5 steady job person. I think most of the people here don't want to see her harmed.

With the exception of slapping the stupid out of her.

Welp! I think it is over folks. No new show tonight.

However, Keith is airing the audiobook of the Art of talk.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 30, 2018, 06:21:38 AM

How long will Keith give her to remove all of the MITD stuff from her social media accounts?

:P

ponyboysunset

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 30, 2018, 06:28:18 AM
How long will Keith give her to remove all of the MITD stuff from her social media accounts?

:P
My prediction Keith will continue to bend to whatever wishes she issues. I mean really, who's going to waste their time stepping in for six months so Heather can grieve? It's beyond ridiculous at this point.
#Everyoneinvolvedisanidiot
#MITDsinkingship
#abandonallhopeyewhoenter

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 30, 2018, 06:43:18 AM
My prediction Keith will continue to bend to whatever wishes she issues. I mean really, who's going to waste their time stepping in for six months so Heather can grieve? It's beyond ridiculous at this point.
#MITDsinkingship

I doubt this. Keith has alreayd said he isn't going to take to much longer. I think today was the deadline for her to show back up. It is also worth noting Heather has not removed her FB being critical of Keith. Seems as if they still have yet to patch things up. How much longer will Keith wait is the real question and can he find someone else to either "fill in" or replace Heather. Also Bob Bain is not a ligament option for either of those.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 30, 2018, 06:46:20 AM
I doubt this. Keith has alreayd said he isn't going to take to much longer. I think today was the deadline for her to show back up. It is also worth noting Heather has not removed her FB being critical of Keith. Seems as if they still have yet to patch things up. How much longer will Keith wait is the real question and can he find someone else to either "fill in" or replace Heather. Also Bob Bain is not a ligament option for either of those.
I will default to her twitter handle as well as links to her social media is still on his site. We'll see though. As someone with a firm anti-Heather stance I hope you're right.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 30, 2018, 06:47:29 AM
I will default to her twitter handle as well as links to her social media is still on his site. We'll see though. As someone with a firm anti-Heather stance I hope you're right.

He said he’d give her six months, but not necessarily as host of MITD, or even in that time slot. Pretty generous, if you ask me. Nor is it a completely dick move. She can’t really argue with that, though she probably will.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 30, 2018, 06:49:54 AM
He said he’d give her six months, but not necessarily as host of MITD, or even in that time slot. Pretty generous, if you ask me. Nor is it a completely dick move. She can’t really argue with that, though she probably will.
I think he needs to grow a set and fire her. But that's just my opinion and like I said I don't think he will. Honestly I pay very little money to anyone for content as I can get most things I listen to for free, so if I am paying someone it's because I really believe in what they are doing. So really I don't care other than to speculate. LOL.
#reallyneedagf
#stillsickwhichmeansIamonbellgabmore
#whatwillbellgabdoafterthisdumpsterfireisover
#trumpgabagain?
#falkiegab?

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 30, 2018, 06:53:59 AM
I think he needs to grow a set and fire her. But that's just my opinion and like I said I don't think he will. Honestly I pay very little money to anyone for content as I can get most things I listen to for free, so if I am paying someone it's because I really believe in what they are doing. So really I don't care other than to speculate. LOL.
#reallyneedagf
#stillsickwhichmeansIamonbellgabmore
#whatwillbellgabdoafterthisdumpsterfireisover
#trumpgabagain?
#falkiegab?

He’s probably got Art’s ghost breathing down his neck.   ;D

#godnotothelasttwohashtags

wr250

Quote from: popple on April 29, 2018, 07:08:27 PM
Heather's whole adventure from regular old BellGabber to Art Bell protege (and headstone designer) would be an intense and buh-zarre experience for most anyone. Can one even return to normal life after that? Makes sense when she says she can't move forward. I do hope she gets professional counseling to help sort things out.

to quote someone else:
a good hit of acid will fix that .
aldous can you help with that?

HumanBeing

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 30, 2018, 06:43:18 AM
#MITDsinkingship

The state of things with MITD is so pathetic. Heather is destroying what little interest was left.

Not to sound insensitive or morbid but considering all the people finding out about Art's death, and looking for information and a place to share memories of Art, with like minded people, maybe she could have gotten a few dozen new subscribers if she had returned a couple days later. Return that following Monday the 16th of April and do a show and then take the next day off or the entire week and then return again on the 23rd.

I doubt Art would have cared that she'd be taking advantage of his death to try and boost the show's profile. There were folks that perhaps never even knew MITD existed and Art was involved behind the scenes that would have checked the show out. She appeared to get so upset that NYE Country Sheriff's office scooped her with the news of Art's death yet she still failed to 'capitalize' at all due to her long absence off the air.

What radio station is ever going to consider carrying MITD when the host can take off as much time as she wants and acts irrational and impulsive on social media thus leaving the show and the network in peril? No guest hosts allowed either ::) Just air reruns that's what listeners love. Especially the subscribers who already have access to the archive haha

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 30, 2018, 06:21:38 AM

season 3 is off to a good start.

Juan

If I were Keith, I would replace MITD with another show - maybe two shows. Maybe have them on at a different time. Have somewhat different subject matter. If she decides to come back in a few months, evaluate her ratings with whatever the new shows are doing.
He would need to post new subscription terms on his website and email the terms to all subscribers.
There's work to do, but frankly, broadcast television stations go through this primadonna stuff all the time. I've been involved in rescuing several shows after the alleged talent threw a hissy fit. You make changes and move on.

Quote from: HumanBeing on April 30, 2018, 07:29:08 AM
The state of things with MITD is so pathetic. Heather is destroying what little interest was left.

Not to sound insensitive or morbid but considering all the people finding out about Art's death, and looking for information and a place to share memories of Art, with like minded people, maybe she could have gotten a few dozen new subscribers if she had returned a couple days later. Return that following Monday the 16th of April and do a show and then take the next day off or the entire week and then return again on the 23rd.

I doubt Art would have cared that she'd be taking advantage of his death to try and boost the show's profile. There were folks that perhaps never even knew MITD existed and Art was involved behind the scenes that would have checked the show out. She appeared to get so upset that NYE Country Sheriff's office scooped her with the news of Art's death yet she still failed to 'capitalize' at all due to her long absence off the air.

What radio station is ever going to consider carrying MITD when the host can take off as much time as she wants and acts irrational and impulsive on social media thus leaving the show and the network in peril? No guest hosts allowed either ::) Just air reruns that's what listeners love. Especially the subscribers who already have access to the archive haha

i believe her behavior after Art's passing is directly linked to the realization that radio career is over.

ponyboysunset

Ok so two people I work with lost spouses in the last couple of years. One was a shop guy who was back to work two days later. The other is a friend and co-worker of mine who was back the next day (he died on a weekend) because she said if she didn't get back to her normal routine it was just going to be harder as time went on. She also attends a group for widows on a regular basis. These are real people with real jobs. What's Heather's excuse?  Yeah sorry I'm judging. Get your ass back to work. Whether they were friends/lovers/related it doesn't matter. It's been at least two weeks at this point. I know the two cases I sited might be quick but even had they both taken the week (actually I think it's something weird like 3 days) my job allows there is no way in hell someone would still have their job after two weeks. They just wouldn't.
Edit: By the way the no guest host thing is absurd. So not only are you causing a direct loss of subscribers with your antics you are also trying to take Keith down with you. Seriously if you are reading this Keith, stop feeling sorry for her. She is using you and the network.
#ditchthewitch
#thankstigerlily

HumanBeing

Quote from: Richard Groyper on April 30, 2018, 07:32:48 AM
i believe her behavior after Art's passing is directly linked to the realization that radio career is over.

Spot on.
Most people have insecurities but she seems ruled by them. Her security blanket is now 6 ft under. Art had her back and bore the brunt of inner conflicts with Keith.
She has to fend for herself now.

She's been silent on social media all week but I have little doubt she spent many hours scouring over her facebook page and bellgab comments.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: HumanBeing on April 30, 2018, 07:51:33 AM
Spot on.
Most people have insecurities but she seems ruled by them. Her security blanket is now 6 ft under. Art had her back and bore the brunt of inner conflicts with Keith.
She has to fend for herself now.

She's been silent on social media all week but I have little doubt she spent many hours scouring over her facebook page and bellgab comments.
All the people I have talked to privately about her or who came to me and talked about her said this is absolutely true. She lurks here daily. Which again if you can lurk on sites for hours you can do your fucking job. Or let Keith do his. This isn't fucking rocket science. (Yes I know GS we had a talk about throwing that around. LOL)
I often wonder if she could hold down a real job. You know one that holds you accountable for any crazy behavior you exhibit?

HumanBeing

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 30, 2018, 07:49:07 AM
Ok so two people I work with lost spouses in the last couple of years. One was a shop guy who was back to work two days later. The other is a friend and co-worker of mine who was back the next day (he died on a weekend) because she said if she didn't get back to her normal routine it was just going to be harder as time went on. She also attends a group for widows on a regular basis. These are real people with real jobs. What's Heather's excuse?  Yeah sorry I'm judging. Get your ass back to work. Whether they were friends/lovers/related it doesn't matter. It's been at least two weeks at this point. I know the two cases I sited might be quit but even had they both taken the week (actually I think it's something weird like 3 days) my job allows there is no way in hell someone would still have their job after two weeks. They just wouldn't.
Edit: By the way the no guest thing is absurd. So not only are you causing a direct loss of subscribers with your antics you are also trying to take Keith down with you. Seriously if you are reading this Keith, stop feeling sorry for her. She is using you and the network.
#ditchthewitch
#thankstigerlily

Yeah I'm sick of potentially sounding insensitive to her grief at this point. Unless there are things we do not know, she should be back by now. It is ludicrous and selfish.
We all just have to put one foot in front of the other and continue on. People say time heals all wounds, but I'm more of a believer that time just makes things easier to deal with.

She has to be using this moment to deal with other underlying issues she had buried and not dealt with.