• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 27, 2018, 07:17:56 PM
Now all the cool doctors vape.

Honestly, I have a vape unit but I still prefer smoking weed. Sigh...just don't start kids. Don't be like me. ;D

DanTSX

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 27, 2018, 06:32:36 PM
Art went through her ethnicity. I don’t remember all the components but I vaguely remember Hawaiian, Jamaican, Filipina and some anglo component like Irish.

What a mutt

Le 56% face

DanTSX

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 27, 2018, 07:19:38 PM
Honestly, I have a vape unit but I still prefer smoking weed. Sigh...just don't start kids. Don't be like me. ;D

Edibles > smoking

Theadora

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 27, 2018, 07:19:38 PM

Weed is non toxic, and the resins don't cause the problems that tobacco tar does, but nicotine is poison, tar or no tar.  Kids ought to be allowed to smoke all the dope they can handle, and still maintain well enough to meet at school, to skip out and go party, like we always used to do.

DanTSX

Quote from: Catsmile on April 27, 2018, 06:09:57 PM
I think thats why Ramonas voice disappeared on KNYE long ago
Except it was Arts cage who's was rattled

Smokers have nice voices oftentimes.

That’s why Bowie never quit and why his voice evolved over the decades

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DanTSX on April 27, 2018, 07:28:18 PM
Edibles > smoking

I like doing those once in awhile too but it's a much heavier hit, as I'm sure you know. So, I don't always have the time to get that messed up. Funny, I just made some butter last night though. ;) ;D

DanTSX

Quote from: Richard Groyper on April 27, 2018, 06:11:49 PM
he had tits so he was half way there--oh transhumanism. oops.

You didn’t take the college path huh?

DanTSX

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 27, 2018, 07:30:02 PM
I like doing those once in awhile too but it's a much heavier hit, as I'm sure you know. So, I don't always have the time to get that messed up. Funny, I just made some butter last night though. ;) ;D

When you can buy it retail, and know it’s the content, it’s much easier to control the dose.

I used to abhor edibles because they would KO me.  Now that I can buy retail, they are my bestie

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DanTSX on April 27, 2018, 07:31:59 PM
When you can buy it retail, and know it’s the content, it’s much easier to control the dose.

I used to abhor edibles because they would KO me.  Now that I can buy retail, they are my bestie

Yeah, maybe next time I'm at the dispensary I'll give something like that a shot too.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Theadora on April 27, 2018, 07:29:13 PM
Weed is non toxic, and the resins don't cause the problems that tobacco tar does, but nicotine is poison, tar or no tar.  Kids ought to be allowed to smoke all the dope they can handle, and still maintain well enough to meet at school, to skip out and go party.

Cannabis burns hotter than tobacco. Causing the lungs to deal with it. And taken regularly before the age of about 23-24 can cause the frontal cortex to not fuse. This means that the brain doesn't develop correctly preventing it from reasoning the way adults do.. It's why we look back and wonder how the hell we thought it was a good idea climbing a 100 foot tree when we were kids, as adults it looks stupid. That isn't just fear or lack of ability, it's our reasoning.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 27, 2018, 07:34:31 PM
Cannabis burns hotter than tobacco. Causing the lungs to deal with it. And taken regularly before the age of about 23-24 can cause the frontal cortex to not fuse. This means that the brain doesn't develop correctly preventing it from reasoning the way adults do.. It's why we look back and wonder how the hell we thought it was a good idea climbing a 100 foot tree when we were kids, as adults it looks stupid. That isn't just fear or lack of ability, it's our reasoning.

Show your work.

popple

Quote from: zeebo on April 27, 2018, 06:56:32 PM
And airplanes had those little ashtrays in the armrests.

I flew Philippine Airlines in the last few years and the plane I took still had ashtrays in the armrests.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 27, 2018, 07:37:26 PM
Show your work.

Hey, I don't give a shit what you think. If you're interested you can look it up yourself. But I'll be generous.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1878929315000699

Participants included 33 cannabis users and 35 controls (ages 18â€"25). Exclusions included co-morbid psychiatric/neurologic disorders and heavy other drug use. Multiple regressions and Pearson r correlations examined the effects of cannabis use on gyrification, SA and cognition.

Results
Cannabis use was associated with decreased gyrification in: ventral-medial PFC (RH: [FDR corrected p = .02], LH: [FDR corrected p = .02]); medial PFC (RH: [FDR corrected p = .02], LH: [FDR corrected p = .02]); and frontal poles (RH: [FDR corrected p = .02], LH: [FDR corrected p = .02]). No differences were observed in bilateral hemispheres, PFC, dorsolateral, ventrolateral, or inferior parietal ROIs. Cannabis use was associated with marginally decreased SA in left: medial PFC [FDR corrected p = .09], and ventral lateral PFC: [FDR corrected p = .09]. In cannabis users, increased gyrification was associated with improved working-memory performance in right medial (p = .003), ventral-medial (p = .03), and frontal pole ROIs (p = .007).

Conclusions
Cannabis use was associated with reduced gyrification in PFC regions implicated in self-referential thought and social cognition. Results suggest that these gyrification characteristics may have cognitive implications.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11711246

This study examined the neurophysiological effects of cannabis. Cerebral blood flow (CBF) was measured in 12 long-term cannabis users shortly after cessation of cannabis use (mean 1.6 days). The findings showed significantly lower mean hemispheric blood flow values and significantly lower frontal values in the cannabis subjects compared to normal controls. The results suggest that the functional level of the frontal lobes is affected by long-term cannabis use.

Faustina

Quote from: Rockaria on April 27, 2018, 06:48:36 PM
Art's chain smoking probably killed Ramona, to be honest. You can't smoke around an asthma sufferer.

Ramona herself was a chain-smoker.  Hoagie mentioned this on his Art Bell Tribute show. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 27, 2018, 07:40:17 PM
Hey, I don't give a shit what you think. If you're interested you can look it up yourself. But I'll be generous.

Participants included 33 cannabis users and 35 controls (ages 18â€"25). Exclusions included co-morbid psychiatric/neurologic disorders and heavy other drug use. Multiple regressions and Pearson r correlations examined the effects of cannabis use on gyrification, SA and cognition.

Results
Cannabis use was associated with decreased gyrification in: ventral-medial PFC (RH: [FDR corrected p = .02], LH: [FDR corrected p = .02]); medial PFC (RH: [FDR corrected p = .02], LH: [FDR corrected p = .02]); and frontal poles (RH: [FDR corrected p = .02], LH: [FDR corrected p = .02]). No differences were observed in bilateral hemispheres, PFC, dorsolateral, ventrolateral, or inferior parietal ROIs. Cannabis use was associated with marginally decreased SA in left: medial PFC [FDR corrected p = .09], and ventral lateral PFC: [FDR corrected p = .09]. In cannabis users, increased gyrification was associated with improved working-memory performance in right medial (p = .003), ventral-medial (p = .03), and frontal pole ROIs (p = .007).

Conclusions
Cannabis use was associated with reduced gyrification in PFC regions implicated in self-referential thought and social cognition. Results suggest that these gyrification characteristics may have cognitive implications.

This study examined the neurophysiological effects of cannabis. Cerebral blood flow (CBF) was measured in 12 long-term cannabis users shortly after cessation of cannabis use (mean 1.6 days). The findings showed significantly lower mean hemispheric blood flow values and significantly lower frontal values in the cannabis subjects compared to normal controls. The results suggest that the functional level of the frontal lobes is affected by long-term cannabis use.

Already skeptical because of the incedibly low sample rate but let's find out who's sponsoring this study, shall we? :)

Yeah, NIDA has been at this since they first outlawed weed. :D

Check out Controversial research. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Institute_on_Drug_Abuse

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Faustina on April 27, 2018, 07:40:18 PM
Ramona herself was a chain-smoker.  Hoagie mentioned this on his Art Bell Tribute show.

I bet her dying with an asthma attack was unpleasant.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 27, 2018, 07:41:42 PM
Already skeptical because of the incedibly low sample rate but let's find out who's sponsoring this study, shall we? :)

As I say, I don't give a shit what you think.

Nature Magazine..Sorry it isn't an Alex Jones or the hippy video. And it has big words in it.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-11645-8

Chronic adolescent marijuana use has been linked to the later development of psychiatric diseases such as schizophrenia. GABAergic hypofunction in the prefrontal cortex (PFC) is a cardinal pathological feature of schizophrenia and may be a mechanism by which the PFC loses its ability to regulate sub-cortical dopamine (DA) resulting in schizophrenia-like neuropsychopathology. In the present study, we exposed adolescent rats to Δ-9-tetra-hydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive component in marijuana. At adulthood, we characterized the functionality of PFC GABAergic neurotransmission and its regulation of sub-cortical DA function using molecular, behavioral and in-vivo electrophysiological analyses. Our findings revealed a persistent attenuation of PFC GABAergic function combined with a hyperactive neuronal state in PFC neurons and associated disruptions in cortical gamma oscillatory activity. These PFC abnormalities were accompanied by hyperactive DAergic neuronal activity in the ventral tegmental area (VTA) and behavioral and cognitive abnormalities similar to those observed in psychiatric disorders. Remarkably, these neuronal and behavioral effects were reversed by pharmacological activation of GABAA receptors in the PFC. Together, these results identify a mechanistic link between dysregulated frontal cortical GABAergic inhibition and sub-cortical DAergic dysregulation, characteristic of well-established neuropsychiatric endophenotypes.

Heather Wade is a heavy weed smoker isn't she?

Taco Bell

Bongs with ice water for the win.
Pullin those frosty tubes

SergeantMajor

So, what is the latest with HW and MiTD? Is she quitting for good this time?

Thanks

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 27, 2018, 07:43:01 PM

but I thought you were all scientific like?! :D

aldousburbank

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 27, 2018, 07:40:17 PM

Results

Conclusions

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Quote from: SergeantMajor on April 27, 2018, 07:44:44 PM

Thanks

she gets closer every day.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 27, 2018, 07:43:01 PM

Nature Magazine..Sorry it isn't an Alex Jones or the hippy video. And it has big words in it.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-11645-8

Chronic adolescent marijuana use has been linked to the later development of psychiatric diseases such as schizophrenia. GABAergic hypofunction in the prefrontal cortex (PFC) is a cardinal pathological feature of schizophrenia and may be a mechanism by which the PFC loses its ability to regulate sub-cortical dopamine (DA) resulting in schizophrenia-like neuropsychopathology. In the present study, we exposed adolescent rats to Δ-9-tetra-hydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive component in marijuana. At adulthood, we characterized the functionality of PFC GABAergic neurotransmission and its regulation of sub-cortical DA function using molecular, behavioral and in-vivo electrophysiological analyses. Our findings revealed a persistent attenuation of PFC GABAergic function combined with a hyperactive neuronal state in PFC neurons and associated disruptions in cortical gamma oscillatory activity. These PFC abnormalities were accompanied by hyperactive DAergic neuronal activity in the ventral tegmental area (VTA) and behavioral and cognitive abnormalities similar to those observed in psychiatric disorders. Remarkably, these neuronal and behavioral effects were reversed by pharmacological activation of GABAA receptors in the PFC. Together, these results identify a mechanistic link between dysregulated frontal cortical GABAergic inhibition and sub-cortical DAergic dysregulation, characteristic of well-established neuropsychiatric endophenotypes.

Read the controversial reasearch section. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Institute_on_Drug_Abuse

aldousburbank

Quote from: SergeantMajor on April 27, 2018, 07:44:44 PM

Thanks

Hey don't derail this thread. We're talking about weed and junk right now.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 27, 2018, 07:42:28 PM
I bet her dying with an asthma attack was unpleasant.

It seemed to be for Art.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 27, 2018, 07:49:37 PM
All science is controversial, it doesn't make it wrong..

In this case it does. ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 27, 2018, 07:49:15 PM
Hey don't derail this thread. We're talking about weed and junk right now.
Ha!  Can we get back to the medical assessment of Art's tits?

WhiteCrow

Matches up with my personal observations, decades later of kids that started daily pot usage when 12 to 14 years old. Always noticing that older life long daily pot users are having optic nerve and other eye problems.