• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Kolchak

Quote from: painter17 on May 24, 2018, 12:02:47 AM
Jim Harold's podcast is a good one, I've been listening for a few years now

Jim's voice is fairly folksy and soothing. I prefer to hear him telling stories like this rather than the listeners who call into the campfire podcast.

GravitySucks

I have never looked a gift horse in the mouth when I had to pee.

Sean92008

Quote from: Kolchak on May 23, 2018, 11:52:27 PM
Ever since Pall Mall stopped being able to advertise on radio and television, everyone began mispronouncing their brand uncorrected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr4duBBcCpA

God, I loved smoking, smell of pipes, cigars, vapes...  Fortunately, I was able to start and stop easily... Lovers who smoked were more fun too!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Bluejay on May 23, 2018, 11:47:50 PM

Brought to you by Geritol.

Sonny you killin us..

Let the old fools have some fun..

Bellgab ..A fansite about a radio host that died from old age.

Dr. MD MD

The thread is really slowing down tonight. I don't think people appreciate Dave's establishment stance. I'm thinking it's going to be mostly spooky monsters with this guy and very little truth, unfortunately. :(

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 24, 2018, 12:06:08 AM
The thread is really slowing down tonight. I don't think people appreciate Dave's establishment stance. I'm thinking it's going to be mostly spooky monsters with this guy and very little truth, unfortunately. :(

That's more my bag anyway. ;D

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 24, 2018, 12:05:16 AM
I have never looked a gift horse in the mouth when I had to pee.
Magnolia. Ha. Musta been fun for a yankee? Btw if you have problems, ask Paul or Ella about "peeing" an animal. How are they btw? Been busy and not checking in on BG the past few days...

K_Dubb

Quote from: chefist on May 23, 2018, 11:50:08 PM
Yup...my pop was a pipe smoker too (no dirty jokes)...that's old school...citronella candles and  kerosene lanterns...

Oh yeah those lanterns!  And Dad spending an hour with the little hatchet making perfect kindling so he could make a Log Cabin Fire like he learned.

Kolchak

If you're tuning into paranormal talk shows for truth, you're doing it wrong.

Aquarius

Uh-oh again. This just as I was about to shut my computer down for the night-- speaking of Alex Jones:

http://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/it-sounds-like-robert-mueller-is-investigating-alex-jones-for-his-role-in-the-trump-russia-scandal/10282/

Now this could be interesting! Palmer, who is often attacked by mainstream media for his over-the-top tone and sometimes too-quick conclusions, happens to be accurate in his tracking of events most of the time.

This could be an interesting diversion while we await the next developments with HW, the bad MV, et al. Enjoy and goodnight!

TigerLily

Nice twist to the tale, Dave

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kolchak on May 24, 2018, 12:09:50 AM
If you're tuning into paranormal talk shows for truth, you're doing it wrong.

Well, when someone's presenting it as bullshit it doesn't leave much room for a suspension of disbelief now, does it? And what fun is that?!

Sean92008

Quote from: Bluejay on May 24, 2018, 12:01:45 AM

Possibly the greatest opening sequence on TV?  Great version of the song.  Visually catchy and features an Asian woman dancing... Art would approve!

DANIEL!

#Heather my pearl
#I will do crazy things for you,just name it.
#Give me a sign, any sign my Queen.
#They are empty fools here
#They have no love for you the way I love you.
#I'm burning hot red for you my Heather
#It's Quickening 

The thread is really slowing down tonight.

I didn't believe until they started posting on Bellgab...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m30mG3JKzA8

Kolchak

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 24, 2018, 12:12:21 AM
Well, when someone's presenting it as bullshit it doesn't leave much room for a suspension of disbelief now, does it? And what fun is that?!

I don't think we're listening to the same program. I've never heard Jim Harold present things as bullshit. Not on his show, and not tonight on MITD.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kolchak on May 24, 2018, 12:13:51 AM
I don't think we're listening to the same program. I've never heard Jim Harold present things as bullshit. Not on his show, and not tonight on MITD.

Sounds very cynical to me.

Spookcat

I'm just not as "here" as I usually am. It's got nothing to do with the show tonight.

Quote from: Kolchak on May 24, 2018, 12:09:50 AM
If you're tuning into paranormal talk shows for truth an emotional defense of the presented reality of school shootings, you're doing it wrong.

FTFY

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: spookcat on May 24, 2018, 12:16:21 AM
I'm just not as "here" as I usually am. It's got nothing to do with the show tonight.

Keep telling yourself that. ;)

timebandit

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 23, 2018, 11:56:12 PM
I'm skeptical of most orb pictures too but there have been a few that must muster.  Usually the best ones are the ones captured on videos not still pictures.
I've seen a glowing ball of light..I was at a relative's house and stepped into the backyard for a late smoke.
I saw it hovering about 30 high and 50 feet away.. bigger than a softball, smaller than a soccer ball.
It swooped down under some tree branches towards my head, I flinched my head to one side.
It swerved towards the neighbor's fence, came to a dead stop at the fence, straight up til it was above the fence, dead stop.
Then took off, zigzag through the neighbors trees and was gone. Lasted maybe 4 seconds.
Two of those seconds were when i first spotted it.. I thought it was a helicopter spotlight a mile away.
I was thinking "oh the cops are looking for someone".. then i realized it was a ball of light when it swooped down towards me.

Belles

The black-eyed children thing freaks me out.

QuoteI'm a fan of the show

Who the hell believes that..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wntb_l1qvqM

Doomed

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 23, 2018, 11:40:46 PM
someone's lurking...
No no. Its just me and Thelma Lou over here in the corner, gettin' jiggy wid it.
Sorry. We'll try and hold it down.

Dr. MD MD

I can't get over the fact that Dave wants to go back to gatekeeper style news where they only tell you the official lies.  ::)

Quote from: timebandit on May 24, 2018, 12:17:53 AM
I've seen a glowing ball of light..I was at a relative's house and stepped into the backyard for a late smoke.
I saw it hovering about 30 high and 50 feet away.. bigger than a softball, smaller than a soccer ball.
It swooped down under some tree branches towards my head, I flinched my head to one side.
It swerved towards the neighbor's fence, came to a dead stop at the fence, straight up til it was above the fence, dead stop.
Then took off, zigzag through the neighbors trees and was gone. Lasted maybe 4 seconds.

Obviously the camera you weren't using or an aggressive firefly appearing bigger than usual due to the well documented lensing effects of swamp gas. Do you even Reddit?

Quote from: timebandit on May 24, 2018, 12:17:53 AM

Sounds like a spook light.
I saw one once in Hornet, MO.
It is a famous one and you can look it up.
There's this dirt road and local folks
go out every weekend in their pickups
and hang out on the road waiting to see it.

What I saw was very short-lived but it hanged above the dirt road for 5-10 seconds
before it swerved off into the woods.