• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Great show guys!
I'm going to hop over to Coast for their second guest.
Cryptozoology.

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 18, 2018, 12:58:11 AM
I guess the reason I liked Enterprise was because they overused the holodeck and the alternate universe too much when they got lazy in the other series.

This is true... and most likely would have happened to Enterprise eventually too as they had the same show runners/writers... I liked it also because it had a cohesive story arc from series 2 onwards .. rather than random episodic fare with the occasional link to add to cannon.

Doomed

Nice job Dave. Been awhile since Ive heard a good show about Yeti.
8) 8) 8)

DynamoHum

FFS guys I am 100 pages behind. Take a moment to go wash, take a crap, whatever but slow down please!

TigerLily

I guess the reason I liked Enterprise was because they overused the holodeck and the alternate universe too much when they got lazy in the other series.

zeebo

Quote from: Flying Killer Robot on May 18, 2018, 12:54:52 AM
I think Enterprise had the potential to be the best Trek series had it been allowed to continue ... Seasons 2-3 (part of 4) were some of the best Trek out there .. My favorite overall series is DS9, though.

I feel like I should do a full DS9 run since I've heard the story arc gets pretty epic. 

chefist

Quote from: zeebo on May 18, 2018, 01:11:05 AM
I feel like I should do a full DS9 run since I've heard the story arc gets pretty epic.

Did you ever follow Babelon 5? I've heard it's pretty good.

dsz

Quote from: DynamoHum on May 18, 2018, 01:06:12 AM
FFS guys I am 100 pages behind. Take a moment to go wash, take a crap, whatever but slow down please!

I know. I actually had to work and when I saw no show posted to Heather's site I was afraid I was actually missing something  ;) ;D
If she goes live tomorrow night this damn thing will be 4,000 by Monday. It's like the friggin' National Debt Clock.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: chefist on May 18, 2018, 01:12:14 AM

Meh. The kind of people who thought DS9 was good would probably like it. ;)

It does - and you should .. the series should have ended with a theatrical film.. the last season gets a little patchy .. a lot of filler episodes.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 18, 2018, 01:14:48 AM

I didn't particularly.

teknoslag

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is one of the greatest sci-fi films ever made.

sydtron

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 18, 2018, 01:01:13 AM
KNYE goes right into Pink Floyd after MitD-OS...

G'Night Miss and Mr. Winnie.

FUCKIN A!!

The CG is dated AF, but Babylon 5 is amazing.

Yeah it does.

dsz

Quote from: spookcat on May 18, 2018, 01:04:20 AM

I'd ask what the Backstreet Boys cats say, but I'd much rather know what the 2 Live Crew cats say.

GravitySucks

I thought it was pretty good. I liked the story arc. I ended up skipping the alternate universe episodes though. The Ferengi are hilarious.

zeebo

The premise of it sounded pretty cool but for some reason I never watched it.  Same with Farscape although I did finally binge that one off Netflix and overall I loved it.  It's sort of the crazy opposite of Trek lol.

chefist

Quote from: malachi.martini on May 18, 2018, 01:16:23 AM
The CG is dated AF, but Babylon 5 is amazing.

Yeah it does.

Cool

Quote from: dsz on May 18, 2018, 01:14:33 AM
I know. I actually had to work and when I saw no show posted to Heather's site I was afraid I was actually missing something  ;) ;D
If she goes live tomorrow night this damn thing will be 4,000 by Monday. It's like the friggin' National Debt Clock.

lol, i don't know how anyone keeps up.

Quote from: teknoslag on May 18, 2018, 01:15:56 AM

No - you're right .. it is.. especially the director's cut. It's a legitimate hard sci-fi story...  the human adventure is just beginning! 

Love Star Trek: TOS but the first movie was very slow. It had a great director at the helm so I'm not sure who was to blame.

chefist

Quote from: zeebo on May 18, 2018, 01:17:18 AM
The premise of it sounded pretty cool but for some reason I never watched it.  Same with Farscape although I did finally binge that one off Netflix and overall I loved it.  It's sort of the crazy opposite of Trek lol.

Ah,. I'll check it out. Binged Battlestar Galactica a couple of years ago...pretty good.

Quote from: zeebo on May 18, 2018, 01:17:18 AM

Farscape IS pretty great...

Dr. MD MD

I think it's underrated, for sure. It's slower paced, more contemplative nature cursed it with bad reviews. I even though 5 was kind of interesting too...and that's probably the most hated TOS movie.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 18, 2018, 01:18:12 AM
Love Star Trek: TOS but the first movie was very slow. It had a great director at the helm so I'm not sure who was to blame.

If you haven't - check out the director's cut (there were SEVERAL cuts of this film - many added some of those slow moving sequences in) .. the director's cut is paced better.

sydtron

The Motion picture was good. I wish they had done the sequel to  TOS in the 70s like they had planned. The Motion Picture was sort of based on that style wise.  I do like the story arc of WOK, SFS AND VOYAGE HOME.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 18, 2018, 01:14:48 AM

You should check out the science fiction author Chuck Tingle on amazon. He's right up your alley.