• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

I guess what is interesting to me is that there is a kernel of truth in everything.  Where did centaurs and satyrs come from?  Where did these stories originate and from what?

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 18, 2018, 12:50:55 AM
Hey. I’m the space nerd that had never seen ST:TNG, DS9, Enterprise or even the X-files until last spring. I am still not done with season 2 of the X-files. And I think Enterprise was the best ST series.

I think Enterprise had the potential to be the best Trek series had it been allowed to continue ... Seasons 2-3 (part of 4) were some of the best Trek out there .. My favorite overall series is DS9, though.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 18, 2018, 12:43:53 AM
Right.
I think we should leave the politics to the other section.
We all have our own experiences in life that shape us.
Let's respect the differences.

Ideological possession via mass media is a real corollary to the mythological precedent. I've seen those dead eyes and the fish mouth up close, not much different than Father Martins experiential framing of the perfectly possessed. Not as exciting of course.

zeebo

Quote from: spookcat on May 18, 2018, 12:51:07 AM
I had a crow friend get my attention by imitating a goose today. Could that have been an imp?

Definitely an imp..ersonation.

Zenman

Quote from: TigerLily on May 18, 2018, 12:45:50 AM
That's the problem. Kind of a jarring segue

To give him a bit of a break, Bob's a hard act to follow.

Catsmile

Quote from: WOTR on May 17, 2018, 11:33:15 PM
From here?  Nope.  She got her start on a little internet show.  ;)

There is a VERY long history.  There were a ton of us who said we would support her and continue to subscribe (and a lot did for quite some time.)  In the end it was not us who disowned her, but her who disowned us.  To this day she cannot say she got her start on the gabcast.  I assume she still will not respond to the name redacted and will not say anything good about Bellgab or the support she started off with here.

A few were sour she got the job.  Most took a "wait and see approach."  Most still do not wish her ill (a few do.)  There is a very long history and backstory.

That said, if you are going to behave in this manner, I am going to laugh my ass off and enjoy the show. *

*To be clear, I am not referring to the radio show, nor the podcast that I would have to pay for.  ;)

# If any of us were with her now holding her hand, and begging her to stop behaving the way she is... she wouldn't change her behavior. So... Fuck it, laugh or cry. Pick one. I'm going with laughter mostly. It keeps my eyes from swelling. 

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 18, 2018, 12:47:49 AM
;D ;D ;D

You people should try and be more like Bob and less like this other guy. And perhaps I'd stop writing letters to N Korea asking them to nuke you all.

North Korea wouldn't pay attention. You're British.

Sean92008

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 18, 2018, 12:45:49 AM
Yeah, all the ideas and suggestions can't make up for the fact she simply doesn't have the aptitude for it.  Which is ok, few do.  Art did her a terrible disservice.

If she conducted herself differently, she'd at least deserve sympathy.
Her foibles are so fucking common in music...  All these poor as shit channelers of John Fucking Lennon go on about how I suck but I'm the guy who bought a house from royalties.  I've run into a few of these losers and I remind them that they shouldn't be working a minimum wage job doing oil changes when their songs were as good as John Lennon's...

Trolling - in person  ;D

Lilith

G'Nite Dave and Gabbers  :-*

chefist

Another good and fast show, Dave!

I like "anomalous" radio...nice...

Goodnight folks

doctor weird

love Daves sign off, "honey im comin' home".

very King of Queens.

dsz

Quote from: Cowkiller on May 18, 2018, 12:53:26 AM
Wait a sec, theres a conspiracy to get heather?  Whew, i feel alot better now.  I thought they were out to get me.

As long as Heather's stalker that was Art's stalker that was really Heather's stalker isn't out to get you then you're safe and immune from all danger. Oh, and the phone lines. So if you're not Heather Wade or a phone line, you're a-o-kay.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Flying Killer Robot on May 18, 2018, 12:54:52 AM
I think Enterprise had the potential to be the best Trek series had it been allowed to continue ... Seasons 2-3 (part of 4) were some of the best Trek out there .. My favorite overall series is DS9, though.

I guess the reason I liked Enterprise was because they overused the holodeck and the alternate universe too much when they got lazy in the other series. 

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 18, 2018, 12:50:55 AM
Hey. I’m the space nerd that had never seen ST:TNG, DS9, Enterprise or even the X-files until last spring. I am still not done with season 2 of the X-files. And I think Enterprise was the best ST series.

I just started running through season one of TOS, after not having seen it since childhood. Holy fuck, it's great.

PrairieGhost

Another good show Dave. It goes by too fast!

Faustina

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 17, 2018, 10:38:13 PM
Read it CAREFULLY. “They are messing with more equipment”.

Don’t assume the second “They” is the same “They” that took the phone lines.

i.e. She unplugged cables to install the new dump button and couldn’t figure out how to get it working.

Keith:  1
Heather:  0

Zenman

GravitySucks

Quote from: malachi.martini on May 18, 2018, 12:58:42 AM
I just started running through season one of the TOS, after not having seen it since childhood. Holy fuck, it's great.

That one stands alone. The fight scenes are corny as fuque but other than that it is great.

WinWinS

Quote from: WinWinS on May 17, 2018, 11:21:46 AM
Well worth it!

And here's a little treat for you all...if you love TRUE CRIME, check out this mind blowing twisted true crime story of serial killer Edward Wayne Edwards for FREE! Like what you hear then just subscribe and get all the past plus all new episodes every Tuesday!
Link- https://www.patreon.com/posts/18279293

I shared this little gem earlier today but since we all chatted about True Crime last night.....I figured you all would enjoy this one! If you want more...all you gotta do is subscribe

That was great, thanks Dave and Wins.

WinWinS

Quote from: malachi.martini on May 18, 2018, 12:55:45 AM
Ideological possession via mass media is a real corollary to the mythological precedent. I've seen those dead eyes and the fish mouth up close, not much different than Father Martins experiential framing of the perfectly possessed. Not as exciting of course.

I have the same sensibility as you but there are good people out there who disagree.
We can argue about those beliefs in that other section.

TigerLily

Great show. Loved Mr. Gimlin

Night all

Sean92008

KNYE goes right into Pink Floyd after MitD-OS...

G'Night Miss and Mr. Winnie.

GravitySucks

Praise Liberace Page 3400!