• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Bell Philes: A Podcast about Art Bell

Started by jazmunda, November 25, 2015, 06:22:43 PM

Great opening night, mudking and jaz--congratulations!  mudking's contemplative deadpan is nicely complimented by jaz's enthusiasm and almost encyclopedic recall of AB minutia.  Your voices both sound good on the ear.

I like the show's template:
Part 1: opening greetings, a taking of the general gestalt, and some calls;
Part 2:  "A moment in Art History", with classic clip and discussion;
Part 3:  5 minute recaps of each of the prior week's MITD shows.

Oh, by the way, the fourth "special topic" on Friday's Open Lines was "Strange Addictions", and garnered the most calls (which was both entertaining and a little frightening!)

Keep up the great work.  I forsee "thebellphiles on Sunday evening" becoming appointment listening.

EarthAlien007

Really good show. Looking forward to next week.

SciFiAuthor

I enjoyed the show guys, looking forward to listening next time.

jazmunda

Thank you so much. I'm sure as time goes on we will nail down the format. I really like the direction that we are going.

You also have to take into account that themudking and I have never done a podcast with just the two of us before. In time we will learn cues from each other. In addition I have never done a podcast with just 2 people before. I'm used to doing shows with at least 3 other people and I can take a break for periods. With just two people you've always got to be on and it takes some getting used to.

Thank you for all the feedback.

GravitySucks

Quote from: jazmunda on November 29, 2015, 11:44:21 PM
Thank you so much. I'm sure as time goes on we will nail down the format. I really like the direction that we are going.

You also have to take into account that themudking and I have never done a podcast with just the two of us before. In time we will learn cues from each other. In addition I have never done a podcast with just 2 people before. I'm used to doing shows with at least 3 other people and I can take a break for periods. With just two people you've always got to be on and it takes some getting used to.

Thank you for all the feedback.

And I am glad you took my advice and did not mention poop

bateman

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 29, 2015, 11:48:31 PM
And I am glad you took my advice and did not mention poop

I'm listening to it now, and trying to get used to the lack of bathroom talk, but I guess that's what Podcast Not Included is for.  ???

bateman

Nevermind, jaz talks about "doing your business in the front garden".

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on November 29, 2015, 11:53:10 PM
Nevermind, jaz talks about "doing your business in the front garden".

That was a number 1 sir. Number 2 is reserved for Podcast Not Included (which airs on Mondays 8pm EST/5pm PST http://deeptalkradio.com).

bateman

Quote from: jazmunda on November 29, 2015, 11:56:08 PM
That was a number 1 sir. Number 2 is reserved for Podcast Not Included (which airs on Mondays 8pm EST/5pm PST http://deeptalkradio.com).

PrairieGhost

Thanks for coming to the site and listening! You can stop throwing stones. I have fixed the wrong show information problem.  ;D

I'm working on getting the firefox issues fixed. Crossing fingers!

ponyboysunset

Great job guys. And yes PNI is where you can find all of your "other" needs.  ::)

wr250

im surprised falkie hasnt come after me for banning him ...

ponyboysunset

Quote from: wr250 on November 30, 2015, 07:44:12 AM
That was terrible what he said. We all joke and talk in chat. Whipping out the 'c' word because you can't take a joke is pathetic. Also not being able to work your device is equally sad. And then to try and come back in using the 'c' word in a name, wow, just wow. The guy has a serious problem with women.

wr250

Quote from: ponyboysunset on November 30, 2015, 08:21:14 AM
That was terrible what he said. We all joke and talk in chat. Whipping out the 'c' word because you can't take a joke is pathetic. Also not being able to work your device is equally sad. And then to try and come back in using the 'c' word in a name, wow, just wow. The guy has a serious problem with women.

he will probably rip me a new one on his youtube podcast. i have nothing against him, really and havent gone after him like some. the hosts simply asked for a clean show (and i assume chat). i can enable other measures if they want.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: wr250 on November 30, 2015, 08:24:01 AM
he will probably rip me a new one on his youtube podcast. i have nothing against him, really and havent gone after him like some. the hosts simply asked for a clean show (and i assume chat). i can enable other measures if they want.
No you are Switzerland. Most of us resolve our differences without the help of a moderator. I am guilty of taking things wrong then I apologize if I do. I certainly don't whip out swear words at people.

Ms. C

Quote from: wr250 on November 30, 2015, 07:44:12 AM

Are we sure that was the real flakie ... sorry, falkie.  When that person was posting and also with a new name ... it was like too perfect falkie ... usually, he doesn't come out with those swear words right off the bat but usually after being provoked 100% more than he was last night ... I got a bit of a gut feeling that it was an impostor (but a darn good one) trying to troll us and the falk ... just something about it ... seemed not authentic ... just a Conspiracy theory -- but then again, there are no  coincidences ... bahahahhahaha

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Ms. C on November 30, 2015, 08:38:25 AM
Are we sure that was the real flakie ... sorry, falkie.  When that person was posting and also with a new name ... it was like too perfect falkie ... usually, he doesn't come out with those swear words right off the bat but usually after being provoked 100% more than he was last night ... I got a bit of a gut feeling that it was an impostor (but a darn good one) trying to troll us and the falk ... just something about it ... seemed not authentic ... just a Conspiracy theory -- but then again, there are no  coincidences ... bahahahhahaha
No he did this with redacted too. Immediately going to the 'c' word. It was him. I could tell by the way he was responding and trying to make the new show about him and what he is doing.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: rekcuf on November 30, 2015, 08:43:27 AM
Does redacted still post?
Every once in awhile. We are facebook buddies. She is awesome!

Quote from: ponyboysunset on November 30, 2015, 08:49:05 AM

I agree. Thanks for the update.

wr250

Quote from: ponyboysunset on November 30, 2015, 08:49:05 AM
we need to consult with Aldous on how to get  her a big fat dubious and/or party with willie nelson

Ms. C

Quote from: wr250 on November 30, 2015, 08:53:27 AM
we need to consult with Aldous on how to get  her a big fat dubious and/or party with willie nelson
+1   8)

aldousburbank

Quote from: wr250 on November 30, 2015, 08:53:27 AM
Done and done.

aldousburbank

Quote from: wr250 on November 30, 2015, 10:12:04 AM
can you get willie on MITD ?
I believe Heather has already been granted that ability. My focus is still on the 14th Dali Lama.