• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Leo Ashcraft - Dark Matter News - A Long Side Knight

Started by Waco Kid, August 22, 2015, 10:17:25 AM

Dateline

Ah, so the name is Leo ASScraft.  Explains everything.

LadyFish

Quote from: b_dubb on October 03, 2015, 11:35:50 AM
(redacted) would need someone to help collate weird news. But I agree she'd be great at this.

I just went over & checked out Leo's website for the first time. It basically is a compilation of odd news, very similar to what is already on artbell.com - which helps me to understand Keith's point of view that it is " competition".   

Perhaps it would be a win- win situation for Art, if who ever is the new newsreader,  (redacted) would be excellent, collaborated with Keith to utilize the  artbell.com website news stories, rather than a separate site. Maybe instead of dark matter news, rebrand as midnight news or something catchy that relates back to art bell & midnight in the desert.

aldousburbank

Now that I think of it, I don't know why Ashcraft was on MITD. I mean, dude's not even a BellGabber. WTF?

EarthAlien007

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 03, 2015, 12:18:52 PM
Now that I think of it, I don't know why Ashcraft was on MITD. I mean, dude's not even a BellGabber. WTF?

Someone invite him here.
This could be fun.

AppealPlay

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on October 03, 2015, 12:23:25 PM
Someone invite him here.
This could be fun.

Seriously.  I want to hear about these magical FCC violations that came out of nowhere. ::)

popple

He just turned out to be another chump trying to use Art as a springboard. Is he going to keep the Dark Matter News name for his upcoming 3 hour show? ::)

norland2424

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 03, 2015, 12:24:40 PM
Seriously.  I want to hear about these magical FCC violations that came out of nowhere. ::)

Are we sure leo isn't that poster that started talking shit to MV ?

Kolchak

What I find puzzling are all the people just blindly showering him with support on his page. Where did this allegiance come from? We obviously don't have the full story.

Also, he's calling one of the people who wrote news copy for him (without pay) a "rat." I wonder who that is.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Kolchak on October 03, 2015, 12:27:56 PM
What I find puzzling are all the people just blindly showering him with support on his page. Where did this allegiance come from? We obviously don't have the full story.

Also, he's calling one of the people who wrote news copy for him (without pay) a "rat." I wonder who that is.

SOCK PUPPETS

Waco Kid

Quote from: markpaterson on October 03, 2015, 08:57:14 AMSo in addition to green which mean time and carbon dee oxide, there was also…

Tuten-Coo-Men for Tutankhamun.

And most shockingly of all, Rooters for Reuters.

Seriously, he calls himself a news reader and investigative journalist and he can't pronounce one of the worlds biggest news agencies? Ridiculous. Hard to believe he wasn't just trolling hard.

And last but not least, there was this gem the other night…

"Will it ever be possible to transmit data without a cable?"

Let me know if this is ever possible, Leo. Then we can all finally stop driving around with 30 miles of spooled Cat-5 attached to our cellphones. ;D

;D Too funny.

Yeah, I was hoping this thread would be a good repository for Ash-crashes, but, personally, it was so hard not to fast-forward through DMN, I became a lousy compiler.  :-[

Leo is willing to do the gabcast. I straight up asked him on facebook. After I asked him, he then went into much detail. He said 1000s are by his side. If that is true, I wonder why he dedicated so much time to answering my two questions.  When I told him my stance on "him or me" situations, he understood but said it's not the truth.

Anyways, I'm not associated with bellgab other than being a poster, so it was not my place to invite him to the gabcast, so if there's an audience for it (I'm sure it would do well) the opportunity is out there.

If no takers, hell I'll interview him. I like Art, but not part of his cult. Art chose to air his grievances on live radio, it's only fair Leo gets the same.

ZomZom

Does anyone have a pic of what Leo looks like?  I'm having a hard time connecting the voice to these actions and a face might help. Or not.

BobGrau

Just a guess, but it sounds like somebody's three-month trial period was up and they tried to hold out for more cash.

nbirnes

Quote from: Waco Kid on October 03, 2015, 12:51:05 PM
;D Too funny.

Yeah, I was hoping this thread would be a good repository for Ash-crashes, but, personally, it was so hard not to fast-forward through DMN, I became a lousy compiler.  :-[

My favorite was the mangling of Elton John's album title. Leo called it "Don't Shoot Me, I'm the Only Piano Player." Minor, but oh so sloppy.

Rocky4228

This reminds my of what happened in January on the Adam Carolla show with his news girl Alison Rosen.  I don't think I'll be boycotting the show over this incident, however.

I dont have time to read this. Can someone explain this in a nutshell.? One paragraph. I heard the show last night.Just a nutshell of the whole event and the outcome.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: onan on October 03, 2015, 08:05:31 AM
If one person says Keith is a dick, most likely there is just a personality conflict. If two people tell you Keith is a dick, Keith might be having a bad day. If several people tell you Keith is a dick, Keith is a dick.

Late to the party.. But that's a bit harsh. So what if Keith is a bit unsufferable. Got'a consider all the good he has done, when judging him. And Art got'a run with what works for him and he is comfortable with.

Kolchak

Quote from: Bobbysaltereg0 on October 03, 2015, 01:47:24 PM
I dont have time to read this. Can someone explain this in a nutshell.? One paragraph. I heard the show last night.Just a nutshell of the whole event and the outcome.

Leo Ashcraft is leaving MITD citing differences with Keith Rowland and bringing Dark Matter News to his own "network." After this announcement he melted down on Facebook, claiming to have worked 20 hours a day on DMN without compensation, calling Art and Kieth thieves and claiming Art violated FCC regulations. At the time of this report, the outcome remains in flux. I'm Kolchak, and this has been Bellgab News.

Quote from: Kolchak on October 03, 2015, 02:02:05 PM
Leo Ashcraft is leaving MITD citing differences with Keith Rowland and bringing Dark Matter News to his own "network." After this announcement he melted down on Facebook, claiming to have worked 20 hours a day on DMN without compensation, calling Art and Kieth thieves and claiming Art violated FCC regulations. At the time of this report, the outcome remains in flux. I'm Kolchak, and this has been Bellgab News.

Well what about Art saying he was offered more from Coast and Leo saying he wasnt?

anunnaki

Quote from: ASC on October 03, 2015, 12:51:52 PM
Leo is willing to do the gabcast. I straight up asked him on facebook. After I asked him, he then went into much detail. He said 1000s are by his side. If that is true, I wonder why he dedicated so much time to answering my two questions.  When I told him my stance on "him or me" situations, he understood but said it's not the truth.

Anyways, I'm not associated with bellgab other than being a poster, so it was not my place to invite him to the gabcast, so if there's an audience for it (I'm sure it would do well) the opportunity is out there.

If no takers, hell I'll interview him. I like Art, but not part of his cult. Art chose to air his grievances on live radio, it's only fair Leo gets the same.

You've got this bass ackwards. It was Leo who FIRST went Public on Facebook with his "Girly-man"Rants, Art merely responded AFTER THAT FACT !

popple

Quote from: Kolchak on October 03, 2015, 12:27:56 PM

These are the same people who say they enjoy listening to both Art & George and can't even tell what shit George is in comparison. "There is room for both"

I am hoping they are sock puppets though.

Honestly, it just sounded like Art was explaining the situation... he wasn't trashing. If he was trashing anyone it was pointing out Coast was trying to poach from the network again  ::)

lamr

I wonder when people will get a clue about flouncing on the internet? It is neither big, nor clever and it reflects badly when you do it in a professional capacity. (Beloved host of MITD has not done this it appears, thankfully)

/2¢

Get John B wells to do the dark matter news. He has a better voice anyway...