• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Militias?

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, July 27, 2015, 06:48:22 PM

I've gotten hooked on old Bill Cooper broadcasts. His ranting about the militia and constant paranoia of the guberment is interesting and rather unhinged. But it makes me wonder about militias today? I don't think I've heard anything about militias since the end of the Clinton Administration. Militias were Art's bread and butter back in the day as he constantly talked about them and brought on militia guests. You'd think Obama would cause hordes of chubby gun nuts into playing weekend warrior. So what happened to militias and what is their state today?

albrecht

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 27, 2015, 06:48:22 PM
I've gotten hooked on old Bill Cooper broadcasts. His ranting about the militia and constant paranoia of the guberment is interesting and rather unhinged. But it makes me wonder about militias today? I don't think I've heard anything about militias since the end of the Clinton Administration. Militias were Art's bread and butter back in the day as he constantly talked about them and brought on militia guests. You'd think Obama would cause hordes of chubby gun nuts into playing weekend warrior. So what happened to militias and what is their state today?
According to the money-making operation SPLC and the current government militias are growing and such groups are on par with returning veterans above Islamic terrorism as a threat. I would take that with a grain of salt though. There was the Bundy situation and every-so often you see some group try to defend the open-border but, so far, I haven't heard of much activity militia-wise. There is something called "Oath Keepers" but they don't really train or assemble from what I can tell. I'm sure there are still some local ones out there but certainly not like it was in the good old days of Art Bell debates and callers under Clinton. I think also it could be that simply owning guns, especially "assault rifles" and pistols, has become much more common now. It is not just fringe, or vets, country-folks, or nutsos buying them but "normal" people, suburban moms etc. And, so far, Obama's desire for gun bans hasn't happened, yet. But Obama is the best guns and ammo salesman ever. He really does deserve an award from the industry and shareholders. About the only stimulus that worked.

paladin1991

Jackstar

As soon as there is a "We Know Who Killed JFK" militia, I'm joining.

Don't expect this any time soon. It's been plus fifty years, obviously critical thinking has been bred out of the race.

DanTSX

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 28, 2015, 02:45:02 AM
You are the militia.

This.

The 90's "militia" organized movement is thankfully...........left in the 90's.

Claudius

Long time lurker here, while most of the militia movement is long dead and gone (which is for the best) some of the militias like the Michigan militia are still active. These groups though for the most part consist of overweight middle aged white dudes with gray beards who like to say the word "patriot" a lot.

paladin1991

Quote from: Claudius on July 28, 2015, 09:37:47 AM
Long time lurker here, while most of the militia movement is long dead and gone (which is for the best) some of the militias like the Michigan militia are still active. These groups though for the most part consist of overweight middle aged white dudes with gray beards who like to say the word "patriot" a lot.

Thanks for your input.