• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Guests That Made Art Lose His Temper On Air

Started by AZZERAE, June 27, 2015, 07:29:59 AM

AZZERAE

Does anybody recall specific shows in which Art's battery was pissed on enough that he either threw the guest off air or went to open lines?

wr250

Quote from: Azzerae on June 27, 2015, 07:29:59 AM
Does anybody recall specific shows in which Art's battery was pissed on enough that he either threw the guest off air or went to open lines?

that guy who said he could make ufo's appear at will.

PathoJen

I don't remember him being pissed at a guest. I remember him cutting the Timothy Good interview short because he was pretty awful., that was during Dark Matter. And last night on U7 I heard him FURIOUS at a caller. I don't recall details, but Art had two guys on arguing, or as he called it debating., and after it was over a guy called in and had an issue with Art allowing the men to call each other names. Art was so annoyed, he said he was glad the show was over. Lol.
BTW, I'm glad Art never had people debating on his show again after that. That was awful. I hate listening to people argue.

albrecht

I recall some caller made Art mad when he criticized Art's handling of a debate over militias and also possible gave the name or location of one of the debaters. Art went into a nice rant about it being his show, don't presume to tell me what I believe, etc.

The Kreskin thing seemed to piss Art off. That was one of hell of a show too if I remember correctly because Art had people calling in from all over Nevada about it, followed by exposing him as a fraud followed by a ruckus Bob Lazar interview. Awesome.

Art also got pretty upset with that Jose guy, the guy who claimed he was catching alien "rods" on camera. Apparently Jose's rods were publicily debunked. Art asked Jose to come on the show and respond. Jose told Art one thing off the air before the interview. Then came on the air and completely changed his story.

There was also the George Green interview where George Green was saying Ted Kennedy was trying to have sex with his fifteen year old daughter and Art terminated the interview.

Art seemed to handle these incidents and his guests pretty smoothly though.

I remember Art getting much more upset with callers though.

Three instances off the top of my head.

One caller called in claiming he had secret knowledge he had to share about Art's safety, started naming places in Pahrump and it got kind of creepy. Art got so annoyed with this he decided to open a "Paranoid Persons" line and spent the rest of the night fucking with paranoid people because of this caller.

Another time the caller was saying something about one of Art's advertisers or radio stations (can't remember) to which Art thought the caller had called them "faggots" or something like that which sent Art into an intense rage. However a lot of callers called in later saying Art had misheard the caller and he said something else completely innocuous. I didn't think the caller said it either but that was probably the angriest I've heard Art.

There were a couple of callers back in the day who seemed to call in just to try to make Art angry. Thats why in some old episodes you'll heart Art pick up a line, a caller will start talking and then Art will instantly hang up on them moving on to the next call. One of them was a guy who'd say racist stuff and then call Art rude. The other one would make references to Art's wife Ramona.

...Why do I know all this?

tos11201

I remember the militia thingy. Not one of Art's finest moments. At least those were in short supply during his tenure.

I also remember the Kreskin thingy. That. Was. Golden.

AZZERAE

Quote from: PathoJen on June 27, 2015, 09:00:46 AM
I don't remember him being pissed at a guest. I remember him cutting the Timothy Good interview short because he was pretty awful., that was during Dark Matter. And last night on U7 I heard him FURIOUS at a caller. I don't recall details, but Art had two guys on arguing, or as he called it debating., and after it was over a guy called in and had an issue with Art allowing the men to call each other names. Art was so annoyed, he said he was glad the show was over. Lol.
BTW, I'm glad Art never had people debating on his show again after that. That was awful. I hate listening to people argue.

I remember the Timothy Good show too. I think I remember that debate you were listening to: Doc Democrat and Charlie The Liberal? I've never heard Art say he's glad a show is over... So they must've really pissed him off. Art does hate politics though! Thanks for sharing this, PathoJen. Appreciated.

Quote from: wr250 on June 27, 2015, 12:59:27 PM
kreskin

Oh yes. Kreskin-- Did "The Amazing Randi" ever come on the show at all? I loved hearing Art and guests (i.e. Neal Slade) crack corn about Randi. Art referred to him as "The Less Than Amazing Randi" at one point. Thank yew for sharing, wr250!

Quote from: albrecht on June 27, 2015, 01:26:07 PM
I recall some caller made Art mad when he criticized Art's handling of a debate over militias and also possible gave the name or location of one of the debaters. Art went into a nice rant about it being his show, don't presume to tell me what I believe, etc.

Wow, never heard that rant! Interesting... I appreciate you sharing this albrecht. So thanks. :-)

Quote from: VoteQuimby on June 28, 2015, 06:53:58 PM
The Kreskin thing seemed to piss Art off. That was one of hell of a show too if I remember correctly because Art had people calling in from all over Nevada about it, followed by exposing him as a fraud followed by a ruckus Bob Lazar interview. Awesome.

Art also got pretty upset with that Jose guy, the guy who claimed he was catching alien "rods" on camera. Apparently Jose's rods were publicily debunked. Art asked Jose to come on the show and respond. Jose told Art one thing off the air before the interview. Then came on the air and completely changed his story.

There was also the George Green interview where George Green was saying Ted Kennedy was trying to have sex with his fifteen year old daughter and Art terminated the interview.

One caller called in claiming he had secret knowledge he had to share about Art's safety, started naming places in Pahrump and it got kind of creepy. Art got so annoyed with this he decided to open a "Paranoid Persons" line and spent the rest of the night fucking with paranoid people because of this caller.

Another time the caller was saying something about one of Art's advertisers or radio stations (can't remember) to which Art thought the caller had called them "faggots" or something like that which sent Art into an intense rage. However a lot of callers called in later saying Art had misheard the caller and he said something else completely innocuous. I didn't think the caller said it either but that was probably the angriest I've heard Art.

There were a couple of callers back in the day who seemed to call in just to try to make Art angry. Thats why in some old episodes you'll heart Art pick up a line, a caller will start talking and then Art will instantly hang up on them moving on to the next call. One of them was a guy who'd say racist stuff and then call Art rude. The other one would make references to Art's wife Ramona.

You know all of this because you are a dedicated Art Bell fan, and for it, you are appreciated by folk like me! Golly... I did not know about Art losing his cool with Jose... Although, Escamilla did have a "That's my story and I'm sticking to it" approach on the 2 occasions I recall him being on, which was annoying. Always breezing over the questions of proof... getting frustrated. I also remember how that racist dude. What an asshole he was. Thanks for your lengthy recollection. Much appreciated, VoteQuimby.

Quote from: tos11201 on June 29, 2015, 04:05:43 PM
I remember the militia thingy. Not one of Art's finest moments. At least those were in short supply during his tenure.

I also remember the Kreskin thingy. That. Was. Golden.

Art had few bad moments, but yes agreed, tos11201! In short supply they were. Thanks for sharing!

henge0stone

Do you have a date for this? I reallllyyy want to hear it. :)

albrecht

the funny thing is George Green's claim of Kennedy making comments, or going after, Green's daughter was about the only believable thing in his story! Considering the history and other claims of sexual incidents in that family (babysitters, Compound antics, waitresses, aides, movie stars, etc etc etc)

Quote from: albrecht on July 12, 2015, 08:53:02 AM
the funny thing is George Green's claim of Kennedy making comments, or going after, Green's daughter was about the only believable thing in his story! Considering the history and other claims of sexual incidents in that family (babysitters, Compound antics, waitresses, aides, movie stars, etc etc etc)

I always thought it odd on which subject's/people Art chose to side with... *cough* *cough* Hoagland...

Jackstar

Quote from: rekcuf on July 12, 2015, 09:27:24 AM
I always thought it odd on which subject's/people Art chose to side with... *cough* *cough* Hoagland...

I'm mystified as to what could be odd about it. Please supply your answer in reverse.