• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PaulAtreides on February 07, 2018, 04:55:30 PM
Well, some people collect stamps; you collect urinal cakes.  Bwahahahahah.

Only for use in your tacos, single client lawyer. ;)

expat

Saturday night should be interesting. Hoagland totally disagrees with Jay Weidner about Apollo.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: expat on February 07, 2018, 05:38:24 PM
Saturday night should be interesting. Hoagland totally disagrees with Jay Weidner about Apollo.

Yeah, barring technical difficulty this should be a good one. Lots of wait, wait, wait! and but, but, but! ;D

crankshaft

I eagerly await braaps. And the 'technical difficulties' and the smacking of lips and the somehow wrong telephone numbers and the 'glitches' on the innernets and the pulling of plugs and the random twisting of dials and punching of buttons and issues with the obscure and mysterious USB stuff and it will be GLORIOUSLY FUBAR and I will be laughing and crying at the same time, and I will have tears running down my cheeks, etc.

*Note to self: Must get extra bottle or two of single malt*

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 07, 2018, 05:42:00 PM
Yeah, barring technical difficulty this should be a good one. Lots of wait, wait, wait! and but, but, but! ;D

And ... hang on, hang on - let me stop you right there!

crankshaft

Quote from: zeebo on February 07, 2018, 08:58:42 PM
And ... hang on, hang on - let me stop you right there!

Not to mention the ubiquitous, no no no no no's.

Lunger

Quote from: Theadora on February 07, 2018, 02:55:14 PM
Too bad you weren't able to make those corrections, in the time it took you to write the critique.

One too many commas in this attempt.

Saturday's show will have at least a couple, three braaps.

crankshaft

Quote from: TigerLily on February 08, 2018, 12:22:50 AM
We should start a pool

I'd be up for multiple RCH pools. As long as they don't involve much heavy heavy drinking. That old RCH bingo drinking game took a heavy toll on my liver. The only thing that saved me from rehab intervention is the fact that RCH failed to appear for so many of his shows that I was able to sober up enough to come back to my senses. Now that RCH has cut back to officially only two shows per week, plus the fact that RCH still has a very high failure-to-appear rate, the danger is much less; however, the danger is still there. I have to be careful.

I suggest that one pool be the "Braaps Pool".
And another pool be the "Dead Air Pool".

Anyone here have expertise in setting up pools?

astroguy

Quote from: crankshaft on February 08, 2018, 12:49:58 PM

I'd be up for multiple RCH pools. As long as they don't involve much heavy heavy drinking. That old RCH bingo drinking game took a heavy toll on my liver. The only thing that saved me from rehab intervention is the fact that RCH failed to appear for so many of his shows that I was able to sober up enough to come back to my senses. Now that RCH has cut back to officially only two shows per week, plus the fact that RCH still has a very high failure-to-appear rate, the danger is much less; however, the danger is still there. I have to be careful.

I suggest that one pool be the "Braaps Pool".
And another pool be the "Dead Air Pool".

Anyone here have expertise in setting up pools?
I cleaned pools.

astroguy

The thing is, part of me suspects Hoagie would love to be an Apollo Hoaxer.  Problem is, he absolutely canNOT be: His entire mythology relies on and REQUIRES that the Apollo missions really did go to the moon and that the landings were real.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: astroguy on February 10, 2018, 04:14:49 PM
The thing is, part of me suspects Hoagie would love to be an Apollo Hoaxer.  Problem is, he absolutely canNOT be: His entire mythology relies on and REQUIRES that the Apollo missions really did go to the moon and that the landings were real.

Unless he claims he was duped by NASA. Unlikely, I know but he did admit to being wrong about some of photos a couple shows ago so who knows?

crankshaft

RCH is between a rock and a hard place.
I imagine he's stressing hair folicles trying to figure out how to cash in on all the lost revenue the alienated moon hoaxers represent. I bet he has lurid, garishly colored visions of major $$ slipping through his fingers as long as he takes a stand against the hoaxers. He might go for it, though, considering how much of his 'fan' base he has alienated recently.

albrecht

I suspect "technical problems" due to "them" not wanting his import show to go on. Or, somehow parsing..."no, no, no...Jay," and some kind of conspiracy that switches back to NASA, and secret space program, going there but covering up the glass domes and arcologies by using Kubrick and the "never went" conspiracists as a disinformation campaign. Or something.

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 10, 2018, 04:28:43 PM
... he did admit to being wrong about some of photos a couple shows ago so who knows?

What did he get wrong, did he underestimate the size of the glass dome?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on February 10, 2018, 04:50:36 PM
What did he get wrong, did he underestimate the size of the glass dome?

He admitted that on one of the photos the blue fuzz was just the result of an electrostatic charge release.

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 10, 2018, 04:55:32 PM
He admitted that on one of the photos the blue fuzz was just the result of an electrostatic charge release.

Ok good news, the model is still solid.

crankshaft

Quote from: albrecht on February 10, 2018, 04:46:33 PM
I suspect "technical problems" due to "them" not wanting his import show to go on. Or, somehow parsing..."no, no, no...Jay," and some kind of conspiracy that switches back to NASA, and secret space program, going there but covering up the glass domes and arcologies by using Kubrick and the "never went" conspiracists as a disinformation campaign. Or something.

What if RCH's spiel became so totally FUBARed that even he could no longer deny it?

Think he just might admit to being 'duped' and throw his lot in with the hoaxers and claim nobody went to the moon?

It probably depends on where he perceives the most loot to lie. He wouldn't be above stringing each side along for as long as possible in order to milk profit, but I doubt that he has enough brain cells to carry that off.

astroguy

Quote from: zeebo on February 10, 2018, 04:58:53 PM
Ok good news, the model is still solid.
No, he did not admit that for the photos he showed.  He said it was the case with some, but that was early in the program.  Later, he went on to show the blue fuzz images and claimed it was all real glass domes.

expat

Quote from: crankshaft on February 10, 2018, 05:15:04 PM
What if RCH's spiel became so totally FUBARed that even he could no longer deny it?

We know the answer to that. He'd point-blank refuse to discuss it. from Howard Hughes' radio show, 2nd June 2015 (when Hughes said he'd had e-mail claiming that RCH was wrong about Explorer 1):

«  I'm not going to waste time answering stupid ridiculous accusations from known trolls. ... I will not answer any of these stupid accusations. None, zero. »

albrecht

Quote from: expat on February 10, 2018, 05:41:14 PM
We know the answer to that. He'd point-blank refuse to discuss it. from Howard Hughes' radio show, 2nd June 2015 (when Hughes said he'd had e-mail claiming that RCH was wrong about Explorer 1):

«  I'm not going to waste time answering stupid ridiculous accusations from known trolls. ... I will not answer any of these stupid accusations. None, zero. »
Ha. Yeah, that HH interview was a very cantankerous one. And wasn't, from my perspective, from any attitude or questions from HH. RCH started off with a chip on his shoulder and was a weird, angry interview. Something else happened to make RCH ornery, methinks. A creditor just called? He got writer's block working on his upcoming opus (where is that, by the way?) Another "horrendous move" situation? Who knows?

GravitySucks

Quote from: astroguy on February 10, 2018, 05:25:28 PM
No, he did not admit that for the photos he showed.  He said it was the case with some, but that was early in the program.  Later, he went on to show the blue fuzz images and claimed it was all real glass domes.

I thought this is what he was talking about when he said esd. But who knows. I didn’t go back and listen for it.

crankshaft

Quote from: expat on February 10, 2018, 05:41:14 PM

I heard the seemingly righteous indignation expressed by RCH on that show. At that point, which was nearly three years ago, RCH was able to retreat, mainly because he had someplace left to retreat to.

Here it is, now, 2018: RCH has consistently burned bridges, pissed off staff (rumored? failure to pay) and fans (failure to deliver), pissed off folks who gave him a hand up (snoory/art), burned through opportunities with real radio stations and actual networks, and has finally backed himself into a tight corner. If he had any consistent sense of where he was pointed in life, he would probably jump ship/turn coat/defect to the hoaxers' side. This is my humble opinion, of course.

WhiteCrow

Last night or the night before on Midnight in the Desert with Heather Wade, Heather made a comment,  that Hoagie was talking/considering coming back to the Dark Matters Network.

Imagine ...the synergy ...
If Heather and Hoagie co-hosted a late night show!

H 2 Oh no

crankshaft

Chanting helps:

Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo, etc.

For those of another persuasion:

OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland OHM mani padme hoagland, etc.

Queenie

Quote from: WhiteCrow on February 10, 2018, 07:16:51 PM
Last night or the night before on Midnight in the Desert with Heather Wade, Heather made a comment,  that Hoagie was talking/considering coming back to the Dark Matters Network.

Imagine ...the synergy ...
If Heather and Hoagie co-hosted a late night show!

H 2 Oh no

What a great idea.  Heather and Hoagie duo.  It would work if Hoagie would allow Heather to speak.