• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Lunger on February 02, 2018, 09:05:56 AM
What do you get when you couple a low-level file clerk and failure at life with RCH?

A Bulova Accutron salesman.

expat

JPL has just released a marvellous panorama of Mars, stitched from 16 high-res images from Curiosity. So much for Hoagland's idea that Sharp Mountain is the artificial construct of a dead civilization.

Morgus

Quote from: expat on February 02, 2018, 01:14:06 PM
JPL has just released a marvellous panorama of Mars, stitched from 16 high-res images from Curiosity. So much for Hoagland's idea that Sharp Mountain is the artificial construct of a dead civilization.
Wow - how wide in miles is that view?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Morgus on February 02, 2018, 03:19:08 PM
Wow - how wide in miles is that view?

What is the conversion rate between Mars miles and earth miles?

Theadora

Quote from: expat on February 02, 2018, 01:14:06 PM

Oh, then you've seen what's inside that gimongous pyramid?

Complex engineering and metal-work discovered beneath ancient Greek 'pyramid'
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/18/complex-engineering-and-metal-work-discovered-beneath-ancient-greek-pyramid

GravitySucks

Quote from: Theadora on February 02, 2018, 08:09:26 PM
Oh, then you've seen what's inside that gimongous pyramid?

Complex engineering and metal-work discovered beneath ancient Greek 'pyramid'
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/18/complex-engineering-and-metal-work-discovered-beneath-ancient-greek-pyramid

“Naturally pyramid-shaped promontory...”

Theadora

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 02, 2018, 08:18:44 PM
“Naturally pyramid-shaped promontory...”

Prove it.

Maya 'megalopolis' featuring thousands of ancient pyramids, palaces and causeways is found hidden under thick jungle foliage in Guatemala
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5343567/Thousands-Mayan-pyramids-palaces-Guatemala.html

GravitySucks

Quote from: Theadora on February 02, 2018, 08:36:04 PM
Prove it.

Maya 'megalopolis' featuring thousands of ancient pyramids, palaces and causeways is found hidden under thick jungle foliage in Guatemala

I didn’t have to prove anything. I quoted from the same article that you did.

Lunger

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 02, 2018, 03:21:28 PM

One Mars mile is equal to 5280 feet on Earth

albrecht

For those who care, somebody, not me (I wouldn't risk a 19.5 and Miami Circle curse,) has posted  OSOM on the torrents.

astroguy

Quote from: Morgus on February 02, 2018, 08:36:00 PM
Hoagie has a 2parter this weekend:

Looks like this post of mine should be a pre-requisite for this weekend's cluster.

Quote from: astroguy on February 03, 2018, 11:35:32 AM
Looks like this post of mine should be a pre-requisite for this weekend's cluster.

Was rather surprised that an Astronaut was going to be on Richard's show.   Did an all to quick search and this gentleman
popped up:

Well color me impressed!   

Of course a closer look showed it was a Johnson vs Johnston mistake on my part.  Of course   ::)

crankshaft

QuoteQuote from: GravitySucks on Yesterday at 03:21:28 PM

Quote from: Lunger on February 02, 2018, 11:13:16 PM
One Mars mile is equal to 5280 feet on Earth

Yeah, but how many feet is that equal to on Mars?

Someone needs to ask RCH this question on air.

Theadora

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 02, 2018, 08:36:57 PM
I didn’t have to prove anything. I quoted from the same article that you did.

Of course, you can't prove it any more than the article can.   It's sloppy journalism.  Mayans have know about those cities all along.  There was an excellent program on Coast hosted by Art Bell, where the guest (maybe Graham Hancock) said that there's a shitload of gold in those jungles, and the impoverished contemporary Mayans, believe that one day their people will return, and so they don't take that gold, and will kill anyone who tries.

The Greek pyramid might be artificially constructed, considering the artifacts inside, or the structure on Mars, might be natural, but with artificial artifacts, enclosed.  What's the harm in wondering about such questions?  Should we go to Mars, or not?  If we go to Mars, ought we not visit, Cydonia and Mount Sharp?

Those images from NASA are admittedly, Photoshopped, anyway.  Whether we go to Mars or not, we've got all sorts of hyperbolic, ideas seeded into or consciousness.  That might be the only intended ends of NASA and the ESA, and our Draconian, overlords.

To make a wild assertion that the Greek pyramid is natural, might be a deliberately, provocative statement, which you intend to make sure, effectively trolls the reader.  Otherwise, why categorize it at all?  To label it natural or artificial, is to raise the question of whether it is artificial or not.  Why raise that question?  Why rush to judgement?

crankshaft

As always, the question is, "will RCH manage to claw his way onto the air tonight?"

Let's face it, the long odds are against him: He's managed to pull off a string of shows in a row with nary a braap. Tonight, I'm putting my money on massive fail. But in my heart of hearts, I'm pulling for RCH. To wit:

Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo Nam myohogland renge kyo, etc.

Braaps.

Fresh meat - check it out.   Less than 200 views.  Hoagland will be all over this.
The long suspected Mars, Wedge Antilles connection is confirmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuCxuWsOwTQ

ItsOver

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 03, 2018, 05:01:49 PM
Fresh meat - check it out.   Less than 200 views.  Hoagland will be all over this.

Yep.  An X-wing fighter.  Made out of rocks.

ItsOver

Quote from: crankshaft on February 03, 2018, 03:19:47 PM

Yeah, but how many feet is that equal to on Mars?

Someone needs to ask RCH this question on air.
And what would it be in Central time?

crankshaft

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 03, 2018, 05:01:49 PM

It's a construction crane, plain as day.

Next...

crankshaft

Quote from: ItsOver on February 03, 2018, 06:05:37 PM
Oh, and it's piloted by Tommee.

Has he lost that much weight?

Might be his younger brother....

QuoteYep.  An X-wing fighter.

Hoagland is vindicated once again...