• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

crankshaft

I have a feeling that the comma police will be here soon.

And I think they called the semi-colon squad for backup.

I'm getting TF out of here before the em-dash crew shows up.

astroguy

Quote from: crankshaft on February 13, 2018, 04:41:58 PM
I have a feeling that the comma police will be here soon.

And I think they called the semi-colon squad for backup.

I'm getting TF out of here before the em-dash crew shows up.
I had that fight (em-dash) with the copyeditors of the last paper I published.   ::)

GravitySucks

Quote from: Theadora on February 13, 2018, 04:18:35 PM
Stuart Robbins does not validate Stuart Robbins.  I find no legitimate, actual Scientific, peer review of your self proclaimed, so-called, debunking.

I see what you did there.

astroguy

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 13, 2018, 04:53:35 PM
I see what you did there.
Yup, she completely ignored the link and all the references I put in so you DON'T have to just believe me, you can look it up and investigate it yourself.

GravitySucks

Quote from: astroguy on February 13, 2018, 05:00:26 PM
Yup, she completely ignored the link and all the references I put in so you DON'T have to just believe me, you can look it up and investigate it yourself.

I hope you are not implying that anyone that clicks on your link automatically becomes your peer. You will have an entire imaging panel listing you on their CV.

Theadora

Quote from: expat on February 13, 2018, 12:15:00 PM
Another person who's a reliable source on the color of Mars (other than astroguy, I mean) is the artist Don Davis. Don made a special study of the problem of rendering planetary color accurately.

Jim Bell is a third trustworthy expert. In his book Postcards From Mars he tells how the first few images from Viking 1 lander didn't include the color reference strip, so the graders basically just guessed. Once the refstrip came into view they re-graded the original images. Jim is adamant that the daytime sky on Mars is "butterscotch" unless a sandstorm is in progress.

As usual Theadora has the story about the TV monitors wrong. According to Hoagland, it was at JPL and it was in the press room, not "mission control," which indeed would have been off limits to a journo accredited to an airline inflight magazine (as RCH was at the time.) There's no independent RED control on the monitors--if anything, the chrominance would have been increased across the board.

I was there and I don't remember any such event, but then admittedly I was mostly in a moblie control room parked on Sergeant Road, when I wasn't pointing a camera at Carl Sagan.

Oh, so now the Truth comes out.  You're jealous of Richard C Hoagland, because he's younger than you and he became a big TV star like Carl Sagan, and you had to desert your own, home country.

Theadora

Quote from: astroguy on February 13, 2018, 05:00:26 PM

The links you posted?  NASA, doesn't validate NASA, either.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 13, 2018, 05:07:59 PM
I hope you are not implying that anyone that clicks on your link automatically becomes your peer. You will have an entire imaging panel listing you on their CV.

Too late! No take backs.  :P

astroguy

Theadora

Quote from: astroguy on February 13, 2018, 10:07:02 PM
She doesn't pay attention much, either. Typical troll.

I pay little attention to you and NASA.

astroguy

Quote from: Theadora on February 13, 2018, 11:08:54 PM
I pay little attention to you and NASA.
And yet you respond almost exclusively to my and expat's posts here.  Hmmmmm.

Theadora

Quote from: astroguy on February 13, 2018, 11:11:39 PM
And yet you respond almost exclusively to my and expat's posts here.  Hmmmmm.

I suppose that might have a little something to do with about how Patrick censors my remarks at his blog, to frame his agenda.  I'm not the one to start shit.  You guys are no different than Richard C Hoagland, in so far as that he does the same thing.  No wonder it seems that you guys are all on the same team with your good cop - bad cops, dog and pony show.  You contraDickt me offering only circular reasoning in defense of your false assertions.  You insist that Hoagland is wrong because he says that NASA is wrong.  The only evidence you present, is the phony shit put out by NASA, as if that paper bag is supposed to hold hot soup.  Do you really think that nobody here notices your flimsy chicanery?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Theadora on February 14, 2018, 12:16:12 AM
I suppose that might have a little something to do with about how Patrick censors my remarks at his blog, to frame his agenda.  I'm not the one to start shit.  You guys are no different than Richard C Hoagland, in so far as that he does the same thing.  No wonder it seems that you guys are all on the same team with your good cop - bad cops, dog and pony show.  You contraDickt me offering only circular reasoning in defense of your false assertions.  You insist that Hoagland is wrong because he says that NASA is wrong.  The only evidence you present, is the phony shit put out by NASA, as if that paper bag is supposed to hold hot soup.  Do you really think that nobody here notices your flimsy chicanery?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krD4hdGvGHM

expat

Quote from: Theadora on February 13, 2018, 05:27:27 PM
he became a big TV star like Carl Sagan, and ....

Actually NOT. Ever wondered why he's never appeared on that piece of shit called Ancient Aliens? Even when the prime topic is NASA?

Theadora

Quote from: expat on February 14, 2018, 09:04:56 AM
Actually NOT. Ever wondered why he's never appeared on that piece of shit called Ancient Aliens? Even when the prime topic is NASA?

NASA to investigate 10,000-year-old mystery rock that ‘shows paintings of UFOs and aliens’?
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/681762/Alien-news-NASA-ISRO-prehistoric-paintings-UFO-discovered-India-Charama-spaceship-video

Theadora

Quote from: astroguy on February 14, 2018, 01:35:06 PM
Oh, so now you like something NASA's doing?

Didn't you read the article?  The headline is deliberately, misleading.

I've previously illustrated that on the NASA website there is featured an image which they entitled, "The Face," that has cut and paste outlines all over Cydonia.  Even Patrick concurs that NASA is full of shit about the GFAJ-1 strain of bacteria.  Hoagland supports the bogus claims by NASA asserting it as proof of ET.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Theadora on February 14, 2018, 01:31:58 PM
NASA to investigate 10,000-year-old mystery rock that ‘shows paintings of UFOs and aliens’?
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/681762/Alien-news-NASA-ISRO-prehistoric-paintings-UFO-discovered-India-Charama-spaceship-video

You need to be schooled in the subtle lost art of the segue. Report to your designated instructor and make sure you were the right outfit this time.

crankshaft

So. What does RCH have planned for us this weekend?

I'd check his 'website' myself--but unfortunately I don't dare go there due to the massive bandwidth suckage going on there.

I'd like to see a whole lotta braaps along with a tastefull sprinkling of dead air plus the usual 'technical diffiulties.'

Icing on the cake would be another heady dose of consternation, chaos, and behind-the-scenes hot mic SNAFUs. But that's just me.

Whoever the guests are and whatever the topics are, it doesn't seem to make much difference. The guests' contribution to the show's content doesn't matter so much these days what with all the interruptions and backtrackings that RCH imposes on them. The topics are usually irrelevent these days. For one reason or another RCH appears to be compelled to attempt to prove his superior intellect at every possible opportunity.

Does anyone here have any real clue as to what will actually happen* when RCH next attempts to claw his way back up onto the air?

*asking for a friend

GravitySucks

Quote from: crankshaft on February 14, 2018, 05:32:41 PM
So. What does RCH have planned for us this weekend?

I'd check his 'website' myself--but unfortunately I don't dare go there due to the massive bandwidth suckage going on there.

I'd like to see a whole lotta braaps along with a tastefull sprinkling of dead air plus the usual 'technical diffiulties.'

Icing on the cake would be another heady dose of consternation, chaos, and behind-the-scenes hot mic SNAFUs. But that's just me.

Whoever the guests are and whatever the topics are, it doesn't seem to make much difference. The guests' contribution to the show's content doesn't matter so much these days what with all the interruptions and backtrackings that RCH imposes on them. The topics are usually irrelevent these days. For one reason or another RCH appears to be compelled to attempt to prove his superior intellect at every possible opportunity.

Does anyone here have any real clue as to what will actually happen* when RCH next attempts to claw his way back up onto the air?

*asking for a friend

Maybe the redhead naturopath will come on for an hour and explain that if Hoagie would only follow her instructions he wouldn’t miss so many sick days.  Or something. 

crankshaft

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 14, 2018, 05:39:41 PM
Maybe the redhead naturopath will come on for an hour and explain that if Hoagie would only follow her instructions he wouldn’t miss so many sick days.  Or something.

Au contraire: RCH has NEVER missed a sick day in his life. He may miss 40 to 50 percent of his shows, but he never, NEVER misses a sick day.

Or something.

Quote from: expat on February 14, 2018, 09:04:56 AM

My guess is Richard's made himself persona non grata in a milieu that welcomes almost anybody no matter how weird/old/ugly they are with his diva act of intellectual superiority. He's the aristocratic grand dame of kook science and people don't like him. His 'research' is no nuttier than others but his personality is overbearing.

GravitySucks

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on February 15, 2018, 03:08:13 AM
My guess is Richard's made himself persona non grata in a milieu that welcomes almost anybody no matter how weird/old/ugly they are with his diva act of intellectual superiority. He's the aristocratic grand dame of kook science and people don't like him. His 'research' is no nuttier than others but his personality is overbearing.
Jimmy Carter never thanked him for the long distance healing either.

expat

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on February 15, 2018, 03:08:13 AM

He makes himself impossible to work with, yes. Insists on a co-producer credit and, if there's travel involved, first class travel/hotel for himself AND "Doctor" Falkov.

Jackstar

Quote from: expat on February 15, 2018, 08:55:38 AM
if there's travel involved, first class travel/hotel for himself AND "Doctor" Falkov.

ONLY JEWS MAY DO THIS

expat

Mnuchin is from a Jewish family but Louise Linton is an actress from Edinburgh. So I think you must be wrong, whatever your intended point was.

Jackstar

Quote from: expat on February 15, 2018, 11:58:09 AM
So I think you must be wrong, whatever your intended point was.

Irony is supposed to be wrong.

expat

Coming on Saturday night:
"Did President Kennedy's abrupt decision in 1963 -- to end the "Space Race" ... and go to the Moon together with the Russians -- stem directly from the CIA's sudden, top secret, "Project Corona" confirmation, in 1963 ... of ancient ET ruins on the Moon?"

ANSWER: No, because the Corona satellites didn't image the Moon. Duhhhhhhh.