• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Explain the Bellgab universe...

Started by The General, June 24, 2015, 05:13:00 PM

Heather Wade

Quote from: MV on June 24, 2015, 06:57:48 PM
Well fuck. I would have felt better for you had you told me the test results were positive.

That was a confession, note the lack of smiley.

Lilith

Quote from: The General on June 24, 2015, 05:13:00 PM
How would you explain the Bellgab universe to the uninitiated?

"It's an internet forum where people who probably believe in aliens gang up on a guy from Pittsburgh. There's also a supplemental podcast."
I would have to add that it's the best medicine there is.  It's an old cliché I know, but I think its true that laughter is the best medicine.

ksm32

I have always thought of Coastgab/Bellgab like a high school.

-You have your five or so cool kids that can make or break your reputation. (They may or may not host a podcast)
-You have about 8-10 cool stoner kids that everybody likes..
-Everybody else comes and goes as mixed nuts and nerds.

OH! b_dubb is the hall monitor who not only reports you for being bad, but when nobody's looking he beats the shit out of you, steals your lunch money, and stuffs you in a locker. "This didn't happen got it? Cuz if it did, get really used to it".

..and Eddie Coyle has a real cool groovy car.. He drinks booze in it at lunch time.

WOTR

Quote from: ksm32 on June 24, 2015, 07:39:03 PM
It's strange that you and I have a polar opposite take on the place.  I am wondering whose reputation has been "made" or "broken" by these cool kids?  Maybe I am missing something (or maybe I am one of them) ;)

Or, it could be that I really have never "fit in" with any group, so this feels natural to me?

Either way, why would you ever want to explain Bellgab to anybody???

Quote from: wotr1 on June 24, 2015, 07:57:19 PM

cuz it's the fight or flight moment that's the real rush.

ksm32

It's strange that you and I have a polar opposite take on the place.  I am wondering whose reputation has been "made" or "broken" by these cool kids?  Maybe I am missing something (or maybe I am one of them) ;)

Or, it could be that I really have never "fit in" with any group, so this feels natural to me?

Oh for fuck sakes. It was a joke, being silly. Nobody's reputation.. just fun and jokes. BG is one of the only places I can be a silly ass. I would never want to hurt anybody's feelings.

OH!!! ..and if you are a "cooooool kid"?? I'll find out ;)  Nice letterman BTW ;)

Roswells, Art

I kind of like how MV was always anti clique but i guess its natural when you hang out with the same people, i appreciate the attempt

Quote from: Roswells, Art on June 24, 2015, 08:35:41 PM
that video is so unbelievable, there are no software techs in Spokane they are all in Redmond.

i know! i know! think anyone else on this forum would have taken such notice? i think not! let's start our own clique  ;D

WOTR

Quote from: ksm32 on June 24, 2015, 08:11:19 PM
Oh for fuck sakes. It was a joke, being silly.
See?  there is a reason that I do not fit in... I probably needed to be on the inside to get the joke. ;)

zeebo

It's a meeting place where ideas and opinions are exchanged about various interesting topics and also a bunch of other random stuff happens.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on June 24, 2015, 08:42:19 PM
i know! i know! think anyone else on this forum would have taken such notice? i think not! let's start our own clique  ;D

yeah, I'm down. Is it ok I don't live in Washington anymore? I grew up there though.

Eddie Coyle

..and Eddie Coyle has a real cool groovy car.. He drinks booze in it at lunch time.

And the type of driver that leads to a Monday morning where grief counselors are called in.

chefist

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 24, 2015, 09:14:28 PM
   And the type of driver that leads to a Monday morning where grief counselors are called in.

he he...and perhaps social workers too?

Jackstar

"It's Art Bell's forum."

Anyone who doesn't immediately grasp the significance of this simple description is not likely to be someone I am going to converse with for long.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: chefist on June 24, 2015, 09:15:39 PM
he he...and perhaps social workers too?

Redundant if it's a public school in urbania. They've driven the actual teachers out.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 24, 2015, 09:19:41 PM

Redundant if it's a public school in urbania. They've driven the actual teachers out.
I've only had a few good teachers, are you one of them Coyle?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Roswells, Art on June 24, 2015, 09:26:39 PM
I've only had a few good teachers, are you one of them Coyle?

No. Picture Walter White at the assembly after the plane crash. That's how I felt more often than not.

Quote from: Roswells, Art on June 24, 2015, 08:49:44 PM
yeah, I'm down. Is it ok I don't live in Washington anymore? I grew up there though.

no problem. i passed some time there looking for mammoth teeth along the northwestern shores. i don't live there anymore either.  ;D

bateman

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 24, 2015, 09:30:44 PM
    No. Picture Walter White at the assembly after the plane crash. That's how I felt more often than not.

Hardest laugh I've had today. A++

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: bateman on June 24, 2015, 09:36:16 PM
Hardest laugh I've had today. A++

Gotta admit, I tickled myself with that one, too. That scene, when I first saw it, was one of those "holy fuck, I can relate to that" moments.

ItsOver

-You have your five or so cool kids that can make or break your reputation. (They may or may not host a podcast)
-You have about 8-10 cool stoner kids that everybody likes..
-Everybody else comes and goes as mixed nuts and nerds.

OH! b_dubb is the hall monitor who not only reports you for being bad, but when nobody's looking he beats the shit out of you, steals your lunch money, and stuffs you in a locker. "This didn't happen got it? Cuz if it did, get really used to it".

With Sardondi as the smartest kid in school.  The damn dude studies so much he rarely hangs out with the gang anymore. Trying for the Ivy League, I suppose.

Bateman's sharp as a tack, too, but the class clown.

jazmunda

Does that make me the sexy foreign exchange student?

ItsOver

Quote from: jazmunda on June 24, 2015, 10:01:32 PM
Curse that damn Aussie accent.  Of course all the girls eat it up.

chefist

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 24, 2015, 09:19:41 PM

yup...my girlfriend is a hard ass sped teacher...the social workers despise her...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: jazmunda on June 24, 2015, 10:01:32 PM

What's happenin' hot stuff?