• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Most controversial guest

Started by henge0stone, June 23, 2015, 05:31:14 PM

henge0stone

I can't remember his name but the most controversial I think was the gay guy who had AIDs and his dead partner spoke to him from the other side. In the 90s that was really a progressive interview since gay men weren't super popular like they are today. People were emailing him saying 'get the f** off the air  :o Really shocking stuff. The callers were all pretty nice though.

albrecht

Quote from: henge0stone on June 23, 2015, 05:31:14 PM
I can't remember his name but the most controversial I think was the gay guy who had AIDs and his dead partner spoke to him from the other side. In the 90s that was really a progressive interview since gay men weren't super popular like they are today. People were emailing him saying 'get the f** off the air  :o Really shocking stuff. The callers were all pretty nice though.
Maybe. Dr. William Pierce comes to my mind, which as I recall was cut short. In terms of politics, at least, that was most controversial. And Art was aggressive towards many callers, which was nice radio! Especially as this was during the time of various militias, OKC bombing, etc. In terms of potential "harm done" I would say the various cancer "cure" guests in which Art was a little too accepting, I think. Although I'm all for, real, testing of whatever cures we can come up with for cancer if done in a scientific manner and with patient's knowledge of feasibility, consent, etc.

AZZERAE

Quote from: henge0stone on June 23, 2015, 05:31:14 PM

Does anyone remember the name of this guest, or the date of this show?