• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

favorite Hoagland appearance?

Started by henge0stone, January 03, 2015, 10:12:05 AM

henge0stone

Let's face it he's been on like 500,000 times. Which was his best. Glass structures on the moon? Cydonia?
My personal favorite was a show where he was just talking about space and physics in general. I think it was 98 or something, but I was actually surprised that he could have such an intelligent conversation without even mentioning glass structures!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: henge0stone on January 03, 2015, 10:12:05 AM
Let's face it he's been on like 500,000 times. Which was his best. Glass structures on the moon? Cydonia?
My personal favorite was a show where he was just talking about space and physics in general. I think it was 98 or something, but I was actually surprised that he could have such an intelligent conversation without even mentioning glass structures!

I think you'll find some opposition when putting Hoagland, intelligent and favourite in the same sentence.

Morgus

How about the show when Art Bell dismissed Hoagland's latest Mars anomaly photo as "a bunch of rocks" ?

Zetaspeak

Hoagland was always a bit of a guilty pleasure for me  :-[

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Zetaspeak on January 03, 2015, 02:48:53 PM
Hoagland was always a bit of a guilty pleasure for me  :-[

Change it to white chocolate (like me) and you'll be fine. Trust me.

Wait... White chocolate?  For reals? 

I don't even know you....

dan7800

When RCH came on DM and said how George was texting him.

Hoagland is like nails on a chalk board to me.

However I enjoy the appearances where he looks stupid or his early appearances where Art was completely exasperated with him. I've never heard the episode where they got a fake Walter Cronkite to come on and claim he had no idea who Hoaxland was but it's got to be hilarious.

Hoagland is definitely the most con-manish of the regular C2C guests.

ksm32

All none of them.  But I do listen to them...

Diabhal

Dicky jumping ship from Noory to Art only for Bell to quit the next day. I'd love to know if he's been back on C2C but I'm not arsed to check.

Heather Wade

When he was on Dark Matter and called the Nooron a "limp noodle".   ;D   

wr250

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 21, 2015, 06:16:23 PM
When he was on Dark Matter and called the Nooron a "limp noodle".   ;D

well he is right on that.

zeebo

The one with the glass moon-dome and related secret math messages between NASA and China.

dan7800

There are only a few guests I cannot listen to, RCH is one of them.

He gives the numbers lady a run for her money.

El Kragen

RCH was one of my favorite guests but after a while he got tiresome.

It's not my favorite appearance but the most memorable one was when NASA finally took some decent pictures of the face on Mars and it didn't look like anything but a mound of sand. Hoagland came on with Art and was frantically pleading his case that he was in fact right and the reverse double pixelated negative* of the photo looked like a half a lion which he claimed many years ago. Art wasn't having any of it: "Sorry Richard" You could hear the sadness and despiration in Richard's voice as he lost his last supporter.

*I made that up but RCH always does weird technical things to photos.

El Kragen

Quote from: Diabhal on January 21, 2015, 05:48:29 PM
Dicky jumping ship from Noory to Art only for Bell to quit the next day. I'd love to know if he's been back on C2C but I'm not arsed to check.

Funny enough, I checked this out the other day. He has been on very infrequently as the main guest since the end of Dark Matter. Noory has always held a certain amount of distain for RCH and this gave him the perfect opportunity to put it to him.

albrecht

I sort of liked when Hoaxland and Art were going on about some mysterious disease (or possible nuclear accident- possibly via the nuclear tunneling device) at the Antarctic Raytheon base and Lake Vostok circa 2001. One show, which is in the great torrent archive,  was 2001-04-24 (fairly short appearance via frequent updates.) But mainly because his appearances weren't about space but the Antarctic and because he keep referring to "his agents" or "operatives" he has down in New Zealand etc reporting on the situation. And LMH forced to play a tape in which a "witness" to a downed UFO recants and says he made it all up!(But Art theorizes that he might have "made it up" to discredit an actual incident and so will be "keeping an eye on that area of Germany." Hoaxland confirms it might be "mis-information" and a "mockingbird behavior.")

Quote from: zeebo on January 21, 2015, 09:06:41 PM
The one with the glass moon-dome and related secret math messages between NASA and China.

The one where he said that when Obama gave Michelle's carrot seeds to the pope, it was a signal to China that Obama knew the Chinese Rabbit lander was still working because "What do Rabbits eat, George?"  ? 

Of course, George couldn't come up with the answer, but other than that the case was airtight.

That was a good one, but I thought the Borgus one where he proved Santa lived on Mars was better.

http://borgus.com/mp3/artbell - santa on mars.mp3

I'm not sure if that link is working properly -- my tablet is having problems.

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 22, 2015, 04:40:16 PM
The one where he said that when Obama gave Michelle's carrot seeds to the pope, it was a signal to China that Obama knew the Chinese Rabbit lander was still working because "What do Rabbits eat, George?"  ? 

Of course, George couldn't come up with the answer, but other than that the case was airtight.

That was a good one, but I thought the Borgus one where he proved Santa lived on Mars was better.

http://borgus.com/mp3/artbell - santa on mars.mp3

I'm not sure if that link is working properly -- my tablet is having problems.
Yes! The "secret message" via carrot seeds to the pope was an all time classic. Hendrie did some funny Art Bells also....but the show's guests and callers are far, far more funny than any comedian's attempt.

henge0stone

New favorite is the 10 25 96 when they were talking about Cydonia and Egypt connections and Apollo and all sorts of things. NASA being part of some ancient Egyptian order was pretty cool. Also connecting Atlantis to Cydonia was pure Hoagland fantasy goodness.