• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Topics you wished C2C covered

Started by Juan Cena, December 27, 2014, 03:32:40 PM

Juan Cena

Here are a few topics I wished C2C would do a show on. Not by Snorge, mind you. Preferably by Knapp. Feel free to add the ones you wish C2C would cover.

1) Pirates. As in the pirates of the "golden age" of Piracy: Blackbeard, and Captain Kidd and the like. It's always seemed to me like the era has natural connections to C2C, with legends about haunted ships and pirate ghosts (or maybe that's just all those Scooby-Doo cartoons I grew up watching!  :) ) This would have been a perfect topic for Ian Punnett, who did a lot more real history stuff,

2) Anonymous. The hacker group that always seems to be up to something. It definitely falls into all kinds of conspiratorial spank talk.

3) 3-D printing. It's a cutting-edge technology that seems to be ready to change society. Or not. I called one of the nights Michio Kaku was on, and he seemed to thing there wasn't really going to amount to any thing as paradigm-shifting like personal computers were.

4) Comic books. I'd love to hear C2C book Grant Morrison or Neil Gaiman or Warren Ellis. If only to see how quick Snorge's brain melts when Morrison goes off on tangents combining comics and metaphysics.

5) Rastafarianism. Bob Marley, poet and a prophet. Nuff said.

wr250

Quote from: Daggit on December 27, 2014, 04:06:20 PM
I like weird and wonderful tales:

The Green Children of Woolpit: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_children_of_Woolpit

I don't want to be racist so what about the blue skinned people: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/blue-skinned-people-kentucky-reveal-todays-genetic-lesson/story?id=15759819
the former is like spring-heeled jack and the latter involves real science.

Daggit

Quote from: wr250 on December 27, 2014, 04:16:18 PM
the former is like spring-heeled jack and the latter involves real science.

Why do you hate green people so much?

albrecht

1) Feral people (not abused children raised feral because that is too sad), isolated or "lost" groups of people (those Confederates who moved to Brazil, old German and Dutch colonies in South America and Asia), the blue-people (Fugates) of Applalachia, limited gene-pool societies or societies formed by runaway slaves (Melungeons, Gullahs, etc)

2) people who have "gone native" after either military desertion, crash-landings or ship-wrecks, just wanting to become a "king", etc.

3) Famous Unsolved Mysteries:
Mystery of the Somerton Man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taman_Shud_Case
Lead Masks Case
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_Masks_Case
Natalie Wood case
Jonathan Luna
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Luna

pyewacket

I'd listen to any of these shows! So many good suggestions. They'd have to get a real host before any such shows would be possible. I like debunkers and skeptics. I miss Christopher Hitchens and his debates. I would really like to see someone like Deepak Chopra have to defend his new age teachings against a real physicist.

wr250

Quote from: pyewacket on December 27, 2014, 06:35:05 PM
I'd listen to any of these shows! So many good suggestions. They'd have to get a real host before any such shows would be possible. I like debunkers and skeptics. I miss Christopher Hitchens and his debates. I would really like to see someone like Deepak Chopra have to defend his new age teachings against a real physicist.

well there is  1 (one) real host of c2c. goes by the name of Knapp...

pyewacket

Quote from: wr250 on December 27, 2014, 06:40:36 PM

well there is  1 (one) real host of c2c. goes by the name of Knapp...

I do like Knapp but... does he have signage (sp)? Apparently that's the hold up on the LA studio.

wr250

Quote from: pyewacket on December 27, 2014, 06:45:24 PM
I do like Knapp but... does he have signage (sp)? Apparently that's the hold up on the LA studio.
knapp haz teh signage , in his las vegas studio . however it is overshadowed by his awards .
including :
2 peabody awards
19 emmy awards
5 regional Edward R. Murrow awards and a national Edward R. Murrow award
9 Mark Twain Awards (best news writing)

the man is a rock star

albrecht

Quote from: wr250 on December 27, 2014, 08:02:42 PM
knapp haz teh signage , in his las vegas studio . however it is overshadowed by his awards .
including :
2 peabody awards
19 emmy awards

the man is a rock star
What "signage" is preventing Norry from using the studio? "Sit here", "Push" on the door handle (to avoid frustration of trying to pull for several minutes), ON/OFF buttons next to the "dump guest and speed dial Lionel Fanthrope" button? WTF "signage" is the delay of the precious new studio??

wr250

Quote from: albrecht on December 27, 2014, 08:13:31 PM
What "signage" is preventing Norry from using the studio? "Sit here", "Push" on the door handle (to avoid frustration of trying to pull for several minutes), ON/OFF buttons next to the "dump guest and speed dial Lionel Fanthrope" button? WTF "signage" is the delay of the precious new studio??
the "on air" sign, sign that says "3x5 cards with unasked questions here" and another for "3x5 cards with asked questions"
the pizza roles here sign , turkey sammich sign etc

pyewacket

Quote from: wr250 on December 27, 2014, 08:02:42 PM
including :
2 peabody awards
19 emmy awards

the man is a rock star

You don't have to convince me.  ;) I wonder if GN realizes how far he is eclipsed by GK.

wr250

Quote from: pyewacket on December 27, 2014, 08:29:14 PM
You don't have to convince me.  ;) I wonder if GN realizes how far he is eclipsed by GK.

either he is highly aware, and keeps knapp on only 2 nights a month , or is completely clueless, i dunno which.

Heather Wade

Quote from: wr250 on December 27, 2014, 08:35:35 PM

either he is highly aware, and keeps knapp on only 2 nights a month , or is completely clueless, i dunno which.

I vote for clueless, with a generous garnish of denial.

pyewacket

Quote from: wr250 on December 27, 2014, 08:35:35 PM

It's a shame that Knapp doesn't have more frequent shows on Coast. I wonder how much say GN has in the talent line up. I'm amazed that Coast still has an audience during the week.

albrecht

Quote from: (Redacted) on December 27, 2014, 08:48:35 PM

I vote for clueless, with a generous garnish of denial.
I, personally, am vexed. Is he, somehow, some kind of clueless person but, due to corporate incompetence and circumstance, got into his high-paying position? Or a devious guy who just simply doesn't care about final product but knows what bosses to toady up too? Is he a "Chauncey Gardiner" found at an obscure station in St.Louis and in some comedy of errors promoted nationwide? Or more of a Nicodemus Dyzma, or Machiavellian type, who nefariously took advantage? He doesn't sound smart or clever but, then again, he doesn't sound particularly good- but neither also totally clueless/imbecilic, aside from speech impediments and lack of interest in the show- and he seems to have held down jobs, owned property, etc?

Another topic that a good host should investigate because it is such an odd story (attempted assasination of John Paul II)
updated to the already weirdness and conspiracies:
http://news.yahoo.com/agca-leaves-flowers-john-pauls-tomb-vatican-151130639.html
and whatever happened about that hung Vatican banker or the missing/dead girl and mobster's tomb:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/15/world/europe/italy-mobster-missing-girl/index.html

wr250

Quote from: albrecht on December 27, 2014, 09:00:19 PM
I, personally, am vexed. Is he, somehow, some kind of clueless person but, due to corporate incompetence and circumstance, got into his high-paying position? Or a devious guy who just simply doesn't care about final product but knows what bosses to toady up too? Is he a "Chauncey Gardiner" found at an obscure station in St.Louis and in some comedy of errors promoted nationwide? Or more of a Nicodemus Dyzma, or Machiavellian type, who nefariously took advantage? He doesn't sound smart or clever but, then again, he doesn't sound particularly good- but neither also totally clueless/imbecilic, aside from speech impediments and lack of interest in the show- and he seems to have held down jobs, owned property, etc?

Another topic that a good host should investigate because it is such an odd story (attempted assasination of John Paul II)
updated to the already weirdness and conspiracies:
http://news.yahoo.com/agca-leaves-flowers-john-pauls-tomb-vatican-151130639.html
and whatever happened about that hung Vatican banker or the missing/dead girl and mobster's tomb:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/15/world/europe/italy-mobster-missing-girl/index.html

i dont think george is all that clever, but he is a yes man. he can be very articulate, as heard on the gabcast when he called in. ive heard him speak in other engagements and he has no speech impediment. leads me to think hes hitting the bottle before c2c or putting on an act.

albrecht

Quote from: wr250 on December 27, 2014, 09:08:19 PM

i dont think george is all that clever, but he is a yes man. he can be very articulate, as heard on the gabcast when he called in. ive heard him speak in other engagements and he has no speech impediment. leads me to think hes hitting the bottle before c2c or putting on an act.
I've never heard him on anything but C2C so don't know about his speech on those places but I agree he seems to be a toadying, yes-man type of person (again only from hints and his actions on C2C.) I've thought also he might be drinking BUT if he was hitting the bottle on/during C2C the frequency of which (drinking every day late into the night) would likely "take away" the drunken-sounding aspect (often the full-on alkie, or even just experienced drinker, doesn't slur etc anymore because his body works "better" with some lubrication, might even grow to need it.) As for putting on an act? Could be- but I can't see the upside (losing audience, sounding imbecilic, etc?) Sometimes a listeners does get a hint (usually creepy laughter) that he is putting on some kind of an act but, except for perverse personal pleasure ("I'm really pulling a number on these stupid callers"), I can't see the upside to it.

wr250

Quote from: albrecht on December 27, 2014, 09:17:55 PM
As for putting on an act? Could be- but I can't see the upside (losing audience, sounding imbecilic, etc?) Sometimes a listeners does get a hint (usually creepy laughter) that he is putting on some kind of an act but, except for perverse personal pleasure ("I'm really pulling a number on these stupid callers"), I can't see the upside to it.
keeps him in a paycheck...

cweb

Years ago, when Art was interviewing the submariner "Officer X," the guest had hinted at there being a second Mir space station. I admittedly suck at researching, but in my meager time spent I can't find any mention of it. Which usually means BS.

Anyhoo, a show on alleged "extra" space installations out there would be interesting. So long as it didn't devolve into Hoagie's glass domes. That's RCH's schtick! Could even mention the Black Knight/ SR-72/ X-37B.

Daggit

I mentioned to Bateman that he should do a show on the Nigerian scams particularly a show on the scam baiters. These are the people that scam the scammers.

http://www.419eater.com

I also concur with the poster who mentioned a show on feral humans. I also sent Bateman a link to a book written about feral children. 

littlechris

Quote from: cweb on December 28, 2014, 08:43:45 AM
Years ago, when Art was interviewing the submariner "Officer X," the guest had hinted at there being a second Mir space station. I admittedly suck at researching, but in my meager time spent I can't find any mention of it. Which usually means BS.

Anyhoo, a show on alleged "extra" space installations out there would be interesting. So long as it didn't devolve into Hoagie's glass domes. That's RCH's schtick! Could even mention the Black Knight/ SR-72/ X-37B.

That was a Great show. 10/22/1997. Should be available on Youtube.

Quote from: cweb on December 28, 2014, 08:43:45 AM
you should watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdYKLBQS6m4
Trevor Paglen. interviewed by Knapp a few times

zeebo

I'd like more cool science topics.  Unfortunately Noory is a complete waste with real scientists, but a couple of the guest hosts could handle these:

Weird insects & their behaviors/societies.

Newly discovered deep-sea creatures.

Doomsday scenarios and how we can prepare including evacuating earth, colonizing other planets.

Funky math stuff like infinity, cryptography, unsolved problems, etc.

Deep time, the far future predicted for the cosmos.

Artificial intelligence, virtual reality, nanotech, etc. (Art had some good shows on this kind of thing)

The vision of sci-fi books/movies related to current and near-future technlogogies.

paladin1991

Quote from: Daggit on December 27, 2014, 04:06:20 PM
I like weird and wonderful tales:

The Green Children of Woolpit: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_children_of_Woolpit

I don't want to be racist so what about the blue skinned people: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/blue-skinned-people-kentucky-reveal-todays-genetic-lesson/story?id=15759819
Why does it have to about blue ppl? 

Rascist.

Reported.

Eddie Coyle

Ear Candling, The Nye Committee, Avignon Papacy, That bass player in the latter day Iron Butterly who they found dead, Biafran War, The Sixth Sense annoyingly being placed in syndicated Night Gallery, Jooze controlling world, The Holy Roller play, Jamie Lee Curtis and it's hermaphroditism, Bill Hicks becoming Alex Jones, who spotted Herb, What's Up with Billy Mumy, Asian Pilots being like Asian Drivers?, That lone Seattle Pilots season, Airport 1975, Is 2012 the end?, Blacks with Arabic names who think they have African names, Crank calling Ed Dames, Was George Noory "The Babysitter" serial killer in 1970's Michigan? and Space People.

George Noory's Twilight zone memories, Detroit in the 1950s, Public Intelligence Officers in the US Navy, The adventures of a 12 year old boy who taught his science teacher about the probability of life on extra-solar planets, racehorse farming, Billy Mumy, portals, demons, the wireless internet, and while we're at it more cowbell because there can never be too much of a good thing.