• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What topic got you hooked?

Started by Daggit, December 08, 2014, 02:39:39 AM

Ubik

One of the old shows with Richard C. Hoagland about the moon.

I remember thinking "wow these kinds of radio shows exist? This is FREAKING awesome!"

I was drawn in by all of it - UFOs, conspiracy theories, the paranormal, and strange / unexplainable things.  The dedicated lines ("time traveler line," "anti-christ line," etc.) were highly entertaining as well.  Mostly it was just Art himself though.  I couldn't wait for the show to start to hear Art's take on the news, especially when something big had happened during the day.

Zetaspeak

I have to think back a couple of decades when I first listened to Coast. The first memory I have of C2C had to be a UFO and alien show. I remember flipping through the radio dial and hearing it and thinking "what the heck is this?"

The exact day I'd discovered C2C - 5/31/01 - interview with Morgan Spence on shadow beings.  As a previous post alluded to, the program was so unique compared to everything else on radio, was hooked from that moment on. 

coreywoolsey

Absolutely no joke. I started a night security job and just stumbled on the show, and it was Mel's Hole. Absolutely hooked from that moment on!

Centurion40

Quote from: ksm32 on March 16, 2015, 01:11:36 AM
Anything UFO, because I've seen three, at the same time. Very clear, VERY ominous, and very memorable. My wife (girlfriend at the time) was with me and we were both blown away.   

She won't talk about it anymore..   I? constantly wonder what was inside these things and wish I could talk about it all day every day.    Hate it, really fucking hate it.

Anything UFO.

So what, exactly did you see?  Ships? Lights?

Juan Cena

When I first started listening, it seemed that Art's show was the center of the paranormal universe. Things like Art's Parts, Mel's Hole, John Titor. Hale-Bopp, Rods - they were all memes that either had their genesis or garnered its first major attention because of Art.

Now, under Dave, everything seems like warmed-over, leftover generic brand food.

NXOEED

UFOs, Terrence McKenna, Robert Anton Wilson, DMT, and especially EVP.

My favorite human being on earth, Boyd Rice, appeared on a show once to talk about the Knights Templar. That was a kick. Ian Punnett guest hosted.