• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Σ ∞ = God is non-linear in Time

Started by Stellar, August 05, 2014, 04:09:24 AM

zeebo

Quote from: Avi on August 07, 2014, 09:56:53 PM
Oy! I was just trying to master the Devil's objectives - and now this! Can you handle the infinity?

Speaking of infinity ... did you know that mathematicians consider some infinities bigger than others?

And I suppose Stellar's infinity that equals God would be even bigger than those.

Tarbaby

Yesterday I was imagining this immense universe with its hundreds of billions of galaxies each with its hundreds of billions of suns (hell, the M 87 galaxy has over three.5 trillion sons itself). And that's just our own space time continuum. Evidently there are infinite space time continuums. And then, as part of this thought experiment, I imagine that mankind did not exist. I immediately realized it isn't all about us. Because we are just one speck of a planet on a minor backwater arm of one galaxy. Frankly, I'd be stunned either way, whether there was a God or there wasn't. Moreover, why is there something instead of nothing?

zeebo

Quote from: Tarbaby on August 09, 2014, 02:41:28 PM
Yesterday I was imagining this immense universe with its hundreds of billions of galaxies each with its hundreds of billions of suns (hell, the M 87 galaxy has over three.5 trillion sons itself). And that's just our own space time continuum. Evidently there are infinite space time continuums. And then, as part of this thought experiment, I imagine that mankind did not exist. ....
There's a part in the Hitchhiker's Guide where it's determined that the population of the universe is actually zero because any number divided by infinity is basically zero.

Quote from: Tarbaby on August 09, 2014, 02:41:28 PM
... Moreover, why is there something instead of nothing?
I just read this article yesterday.  I guess there "are no coinshidenshes".  Anyway you might find it interesting, I did.

http://nautil.us/issue/16/nothingness/the-bridge-from-nowhere

Tarbaby

Quote from: zeebo on August 09, 2014, 04:30:48 PM
There's a part in the Hitchhiker's Guide where it's determined that the population of the universe is actually zero because any number divided by infinity is basically zero.
I just read this article yesterday.  I guess there "are no coinshidenshes".  Anyway you might find it interesting, I did.
Q
http://nautil.us/issue/16/nothingness/the-bridge-from-nowhere
thanks. Sadly, my iPad crashes when trying to go to that link. Is it something you could paraphrase?

By the way, lots of thought-provoking posts in this thread. Starting with Robert above where he tries to engage stellar on a pragmatic level. I tried that once in a similar thread and had the same disappointing results. But I admire Robert for trying. I've come to realize that stellar is probably coming from the perspective of what is called a "mystic," so centered and wrapped in his/her own worldview that s/he can't communicate pragmatically. (Outside of that paradigm) so I should be more understanding. I'm sorry to have lashed out a few times in the past. It's just that I get so frustrated when talking to religious people because they won't meet me halfway and think honestly about my questions and issues. For example, a bottle stellar mostly regurgitates indoctrinated material. It's like trying to talk to somebody who's been thoroughly hypnotized.

zeebo

Quote from: Tarbaby on August 09, 2014, 08:01:25 PM
thanks. Sadly, my iPad crashes when trying to go to that link. Is it something you could paraphrase? ...

Oh dear, no, trust me sorry can't paraphrase that one.  You'll see what I mean if you can access it from another device sometime.