• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hillary Clinton

Started by albrecht, June 21, 2014, 10:05:45 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 08, 2018, 08:47:37 PM

Just another reason the secret service hates her. She forced them to build that nursery. ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 08, 2018, 08:51:29 PM
Just another reason the secret service hates her. She forced them to build that nursery. ;)

Obviously a fake.

I did find a young Hil yukking it up at a dinner party though.

Lunger

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 08, 2018, 08:47:37 PM

LOL!

Implying that Hillary has a nurturing bone in her body.  What will they come up with next?

All of these are good points.

I'm not sure how many people are aware of when and where this form of linguistic and cultural degeneration started. For people who haven't read philosophy, since the time of Plato, philosophy and humanities subjects in general have been played out. From Aristotle to the present, philosophers  and, now, University Humanities Professors had only one option - to elaborate on Plato or to make up a bunch of crap. Nothing new or innovative has been done in those fields since 300 BCE. (I'm not saying philosophy is not important. Philosophy teaches how to ask good questions. It's just that it has been a mature field for 2000 years.)

Idle hands are the Devil's playthings.

So, to create jobs for themselves, to give themselves a sense of purpose, and to convince the public that they had an important mission, Humanities Professors beginning especially in the 1950s created a movement called Postmodernism. if you don't know what it is, it's just a bunch nonsense decorated with hand waving and big impressive words engineered to confuse the reader.

In France, academic frauds like Jacques Derrida and Michel Foucault (died of AIDS and made a career of condemning the very scientific institutions that could have saved his life) are some of worst perpetrators. They came up with "cultural relativism," moral relativism, and from that, "political correctness." American Humanities Professors, who traditionally find inspiration among European philosophers, welcomed their ideas, latched onto them, and built upon them, (even though they give no indication of fully understanding them or their implications.) They told us Western language, culture, and science is hateful and oppressive. They went on to redefine words and to tell us we were bigots who deserved to be treated like Nazis for saying certain words and thinking certain thoughts. 50 l

Being the followers they are, the Democratic Party hopped onto that bandwagon, institutionalized those ideas, and wove them into the Identity Politics the Clintons use today .
Quote from: Gd51ink=topic=6211.msg1153723#msg 1153723 date=1517850518
It’s been going on for decades with so-called “offensive” terms. What’s acceptable today will be “offensive” tomorrow. Not because it’s offensive, but because of the left’s constant need to claim to be victims. It’s a way for them to try to empower themselves by trying to control the weak minded who are constantly on the defense, backtracking, begging for forgiveness, because someone was “offended”. It’s all part of political correctness. It’s easy to counter, you ignore their fake offense taken and mock them.

Just a few examples:
Oriental, Asian.
Colored, Afro-American, African american, Black.
Red man, Indians, native Americans, indigenous peoples.
Ghetto, inner cities.
Thug.

The left also does it with identity other terms, constantly watering down the language, changing definitions, creating new words, all to keep people on the defensive, backtracking.

Fireman, mailman, male, female, gender neutral. It.
KKK, white supremacist, Nazi, neo-Nazi, white nationalist.
Right, right wing, ultra right wing, neo-con, alt-right.
Liberal, progressive.
Stewardess, flight attendant.
Secretary, executive assistant, Vice President of blah blah.

Currently the left is trying to redefine libertarian. It’s hilarious to watch ignorant big government liberals claim to be libertarian. We can watch the evolution of the term everyday on Bill Maher.

Fascism is another term the left is in the process of manipulating. Take the leftwing militant fascist group, Antifa(anti-fascist).

Another term the left is in the process of redefining is science. “Consensus” is now endlessly used to defend the left’s version of science. Consensus has no place in science. The 2 words have completely opposite meanings. In time leftwing academia will force science to evolve to include consensus. All for the “greater good”. You know, global cooling, warming, climate change, climate disruption.

The right aren’t the ones constantly coming up with new definitions. The right doesn’t control media or education where these new terms and definitions magically appear everyday. What will we be offended by tomorrow? We certainly know who will take offense from shining light on the existence of this redefinition of words. Who are the ones who are always offended?

Gd5150

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on February 09, 2018, 08:08:43 AM
All of these are good points.

I'm not sure how many people are aware of when and where this form of linguistic and cultural degeneration started. For people who haven't read philosophy, since the time of Plato, philosophy and humanities subjects in general have been played out. From Aristotle to the present, philosophers  and, now, University Humanities Professors had only one option - to elaborate on Plato or to make up a bunch of crap. Nothing new or innovative has been done in those fields since 300 BCE. (I'm not saying philosophy is not important. Philosophy teaches how to ask good questions. It's just that it has been a mature field for 2000 years.)

Idle hands are the Devil's playthings.

So, to create jobs for themselves, to give themselves a sense of purpose, and to convince the public that they had an important mission, Humanities Professors beginning especially in the 1950s created a movement called Postmodernism. if you don't know what it is, it's just a bunch nonsense decorated with hand waving and big impressive words engineered to confuse the reader.

In France, academic frauds like Jacques Derrida and Michel Foucault (died of AIDS and made a career of condemning the very scientific institutions that could have saved his life) are some of worst perpetrators. They came up with "cultural relativism," moral relativism, and from that, "political correctness." American Humanities Professors, who traditionally find inspiration among European philosophers, welcomed their ideas, latched onto them, and built upon them, (even though they give no indication of fully understanding them or their implications.) They told us Western language, culture, and science is hateful and oppressive. They went on to redefine words and to tell us we were bigots who deserved to be treated like Nazis for saying certain words and thinking certain thoughts. 50 l

Being the followers they are, the Democratic Party hopped onto that bandwagon, institutionalized those ideas, and wove them into the Identity Politics the Clintons use today .

Very Interesting indeed. The problem is in the Univeristy system itself. In order for professors and academia to “make a name” for themselves, and acquire big grants, they are forced to do something new. Rather than improve on what’s been built before them and add to it, they choose the easier road of tearing it down and making up a new version.

You see this heavily in the revisionist history of the the last 70 years. You see it in the way theyre politicizing and destroying “science”. Now they’re even attacking math claiming it’s racist and sexiest. The people running the higher education system aren’t smart enough to improve on what we already know, so they choose to tear it down instead. It’s lazy and predictable and it’s the heart of progressive liberalism. This isn’t an accident. It all started in the 1950s when education and media were infiltrated by communists and communism.

You see this same laziness in the leftwing tech business world. Rather than improve the computer interface of Microsoft Windows, they regress and destroy its functionality, and instead spend their time innovating new ways to force people to buy it. How is having to move my arm 24” to access a touch screen more efficient than moving my hand an inch via a mouse? It’s not. See this all the time in Apple’s forced OS upgrades that move everything around, but add nothing.

It’s not just leftwing tech either, Wells Fargo can’t come up with an innovative product so instead they force their sales force via the threat of termination to lie and cheat in order to reach their sales goals. Upper management gets their 7-8 figure bonus, and by the time the shit hits the fan, they’ve retired with their nice balloon retirement packages. That crap happens in 90% of sales jobs, not just Wells Fargo.

Most likely it’s just human nature, but in recent times it seems much of it can be traced back to the 50s when the institutions that control perception (media and education) were infiltrated and corrupted.

""That's a good summary of it. Many of those influential humanities and philosophy professors of the 1950s, especially postmodernists like Sartre, openly admired Stalin and Mao and borrowed their ideas. This was one way some of the ideas of totalitarian-style communism (Mao and Stalin's brand of Communism) spread to the West, by postmodernism. And the Western media  and marketing figured out how to make money. For example, in the 1950s, Sartre was kind of a celebrity. And American women were all wearing black turtlenecks, Sartre's favorite outfit, and doubtless, makers of black turtlenecks made money off that fashion.... however, I doubt they (the women who copied Sartre's black turtleneck) understood his philosophy.

I agree that it is not just the left. It's human nature. Both major American political parties are broken, each in their own way. One thing that the failure of communism shows is that you can't legislate human nature. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on February 09, 2018, 08:08:43 AM
Nothing new or innovative has been done in those fields since 300 BCE.

It's here where I became aware that you're full of shit and I didn't need to read anymore. If you actually knew what you were talking about you'd know that science, in it's early days, was just what was called natural philosophy. Hence, no Western philosophy, no science. You dig? ::)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 09, 2018, 01:02:23 PM
It's here where I became aware that you're full of shit and I didn't need to read anymore. If you actually knew what you were talking about you'd know that science, in it's early days, was just what was called natural philosophy. Hence, no Western philosophy, no science. You dig? ::)
You might want to review your history. Natural philosophy is just an archaic term. The ancient Greeks invented empiricism and the prototype of the modern scientific method. Aristotle is credited with developing it, but he was only explaining and improving upon the ideas of earlier philosophers. Everything since then has been refinements.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on February 09, 2018, 04:49:09 PM
You might want to review your history. Natural philosophy is just an archaic term. The ancient Greeks invented empiricism and the prototype of the modern scientific method. Everything since then has been refinements.

Yes, and then it was all lost by the dark ages. Christian monks developed the logic that became the basis of scientific investigation. Anyway, no use arguing with someone who thinks they know it all but has neglected to read half of history.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 09, 2018, 05:01:17 PM
...Christian monks developed the logic that became the basis of scientific investigation.
Where do you think the Christian monks got the information? 
QuoteAnyway, no use arguing with someone who thinks they know it all but has neglected to read half of history.
Indeed. Bye.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on February 09, 2018, 05:05:12 PM
Where do you think the Christian monks got the information?  Indeed. Bye.

Not the Greeks! If you weren't an ignoramus you'd know that. Read up, son! Read up!  ;D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Ages_(historiography)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 09, 2018, 05:07:15 PM
Not the Greeks! If you weren't an ignoramus you'd know that. Read up, son! Read up!  ;D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Ages_(historiography)
Do you have a medical degree? Have you even been to college? I'm not going to argue with an MD-wannabe.

I don't appreciate your little insults. If you want to argue with me, present some facts. Do a real debate, not this childish name calling.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on February 09, 2018, 05:14:41 PM
Do you have a medical degree? Have you even been to college?

I don't appreciate your little insults. If you want to argue with me, present some facts. Do a real debate, not this childish name calling.

But I didn't call you a name or insult you. I presented you with facts that contradict what you're saying. That's what offends you, snowflake. ;D

This is what I was ineloquently trying to say:

Greek philosophy re-entered the West through translations from Arabic to Latin. The re-introduction of these philosophies, accompanied by the new Arabic commentaries, had a great influence on Medieval philosophers such as Thomas Aquinas. Although we are fortunate to have some figures who preserved these valuable texts, the general trend in Islam was to dispose of books that conflicted with the teachings of Mohammad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Greek_philosophy#Transmission_of_Greek_philosophy_under_Islam

So, early Christian philosophy really wasn't influenced by Greek philosophy, as great as it was. It was only after it's circuitous journey through Islam that it returned to the West and then of course they were able to say,  Hey, these guys worked a lot of this out already thousands of years ago! ;)

Juan

I think Hegel was a hell of a “refinement.” Surely there’s a stronger word.

GravitySucks

Speaking of alien babies...

One of these pictures is Chelsea Clinton. The other is Rebecca Hubbell. Either Webster Hubbell diddled Hillary or Bubba diddled Susy Hubbell.

Rebecca doesn't look much like her sisters and not wanting to picture in my mind's eye what it would be like to diddle Hillary, I am starting to think it is the latter.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan on February 09, 2018, 07:15:00 PM

He was only thinking purely conceptually, not politically. And, of course, he was correct about that in terms of an analysis of the progression of thought. It was other, more machiavellian types that took it that way. I kind of feel bad for Hegel in this day an age. ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 09, 2018, 07:20:23 PM

One of these pictures is Chelsea Clinton. The other is Rebecca Hubbell. Either Webster Hubbell diddled Hillary or Bubba diddled Susy Hubbell.

Rebecca doesn't look much like her sisters and not wanting to picture in my mind's eye what it would be like to diddle Hillary, I am starting to think it is the latter.

The later seems more likely given what we already know. ;)

Lunger

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 09, 2018, 07:20:23 PM

Wow!  I didn't know Webb had another daughter.  I actually thought that both pictures were of Chelsea.

Fugly!

Gd5150

Yep. Web and Hilary when they worked together at Rose Lawfirm. No resemblance at all. There’s about as much resemblance between Chelsea and Bubba as there is evidence of Trump/Russian collusion.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan on February 09, 2018, 07:15:00 PM

I read Hegel's Phenomenology of Spirit and a few other snippets and essays when I was in college. While he influenced philosophy in general I never looked into any of the schools of thought that develped directly out of it. So I looked on the Wikipedia page about him and it turns out that a right and left school of Hegelian philosophy developed after his death. Can you guess which one embraced logic and which one embraced Marxism? :D

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 09, 2018, 05:17:17 PM
But I didn't call you a name or insult you. I presented you with facts that contradict what you're saying. That's what offends you, snowflake. ;D
You are a rude person, and you presented no facts. Only insults, name calling, and nonsense. And you flat-out lie. I appreciate an intelligent and respectful debate, but from what I've read of your posts, I don't expect that from you. This is a problem with social media in general. Nasty, loud-mouths throw around childish insults any time somebody says something that goes against their little internet echo chamber. I'm done with you. I will not be responding to or even acknowledging any of your future comments.

What's with the screen name "Doctor MD MD?" You must think that makes yourself sound smart and authoritative ... Don't bother responding. I won't read it.

Gd5150

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 07, 2018, 01:30:34 AM
Remarkably bad luck it is.  Remember when Clinton's bagman Ron Brown was no longer useful and his plane ''crashed''?

Regardless of how he died, or who was responsible if anyone was, here's Bill Clinton at the funeral:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf8TOGrq8Bo   

Oh wait, it's Rush narrating.  So it didn't really happen

Lmfao!!! Clinton was the best. Such huge ass phony used car salesmen and the left ate it up calling him the smartest most charismatic man ever. What a joke. “Bubba”, was there ever a more fitting nickname, no.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on February 10, 2018, 10:53:34 AM
You are a rude person, and you presented no facts. Only insults, name calling, and nonsense. And you flat-out lie. I appreciate an intelligent and respectful debate, but from what I've read of your posts, I don't expect that from you. This is a problem with social media in general. Nasty, loud-mouths throw around childish insults any time somebody says something that goes against their little internet echo chamber. I'm done with you. I will not be responding to or even acknowledging any of your future comments.

What's with the screen name "Doctor MD MD?" You must think that makes yourself sound smart and authoritative ... Don't bother responding. I won't read it.

OK, I guess your right. Rather than risk offending you I'm going to try to have history changed so that the Greeks did it all. It may take me awhile though, OK? :D

starrmtn001

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 07, 2018, 01:30:34 AM
Remarkably bad luck it is.  Remember when Clinton's bagman Ron Brown was no longer useful and his plane ''crashed''?

Regardless of how he died, or who was responsible if anyone was, here's Bill Clinton at the funeral:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf8TOGrq8Bo   

Oh wait, it's Rush narrating.  So it didn't really happen

https://youtu.be/I144CFnWkAg

GravitySucks

Rumors are the plane that crashed in Russia today had a passenger that was the CFO for a certain Russian uranium that may or may not be involved in ongoing investigations into the Clinton Foundation.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 11, 2018, 01:25:30 PM
Rumors are the plane that crashed in Russia today had a passenger that was the CFO for a certain Russian uranium that may or may not be involved in ongoing investigations into the Clinton Foundation.

Arkancide! I bet the beacon was moved.  ;)