• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hillary Clinton

Started by albrecht, June 21, 2014, 10:05:45 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 07, 2016, 06:29:52 PM
State Department tell court it will take 75 years to comply with FOIA request for release of Hillary Clinton's aides' emails.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/07/state-dept-says-its-75-year-estimation-to-provide-hillary-aides-records-is-not-outlandish-video/

Seems pretty outlandish to me...bordering on conspiratorial.  ::) :D

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 07, 2016, 07:45:26 PM
Seems pretty outlandish to me...bordering on conspiratorial.  ::) :D

I loved Hillary's speech tonight. Very inspiring and very Presidential

Quote from: TigerLily on June 07, 2016, 08:54:27 PM

Looked like 1984 and a wave of doey-eyed, pant suit wearing women who didn't get invited to prom are out for revenge on men and society.

aldousburbank

Quote from: The King of Kings on June 07, 2016, 09:12:17 PM
Looked like 1984 and a wave of doey-eyed, pant suit wearing women who didn't get invited to prom are out for revenge on men and society.

I hate it when we agree.

Quote from: TigerLily on June 07, 2016, 08:54:27 PM

Didn't hear it but interesting.  Didn't think she had it in her.  Normally a Carp has
more personality and charisma then she does. She didn't go with the fake accent then
I take it?

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 08, 2016, 04:55:07 AM
https://twitter.com/nicolejeanltl/status/740481083897184258

Et tu, Gravity?  :'(  Hate her all you want but not because she has a vagina.  Ew. I just grossed myself out

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on June 08, 2016, 07:28:46 AM
Et tu, Gravity?  :'(  Hate her all you want but not because she has a vagina.  Ew. I just grossed myself out

My apologies if that offended you. My feelings for Hillary have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that she is a woman. I posted that tweet because it was a tweet from a Bernie supporter.

I do not trust HRC, and it has everything to do with her ethics and nothing to do with her gender.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 08, 2016, 07:35:52 AM
My apologies if that offended you. My feelings for Hillary have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that she is a woman. I posted that tweet because it was a tweet from a Bernie supporter.

I do not trust HRC, and it has everything to do with her ethics and nothing to do with her gender.

Knew you were classy  :)

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on June 08, 2016, 07:49:39 AM
Knew you were classy  :)

I guess I wasn't that classy last night. You can spank me now.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 08, 2016, 07:53:27 AM
I guess I wasn't that classy last night. You can spank me now.

You have to be naughtier than that

ACE of CLUBS

Hillary is a man .....
Bill is gay.

TigerLily

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on June 08, 2016, 08:26:45 AM
Hillary is a man .....
Bill is gay.

I think Monica and Gennifer and Paula would disagree. He brought new meaning to the President of the U.S. being known as the Most Powerful Man in the World. 

chefist

Quote from: chefist on June 08, 2016, 12:42:56 PM
CNN edits Clinton to look like a Golden God...good old Clinton News Network...

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/cnn-depicts-history-making-hillary-clinton-glowing-golden-god

wow.

This is North Korea level propaganda.

Our nation is doomed.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: The King of Kings on June 08, 2016, 01:01:17 PM
wow.

This is North Korea level propaganda.

Our nation is doomed.

Your man Trump is admire by Kim Jong Un, so don't panic.

Lunger

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 08, 2016, 01:03:09 PM
Your man Trump is admire by Kim Jong Un, so don't panic.

Hitler admired FDR.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Lunger on June 08, 2016, 01:30:52 PM
Hitler admired FDR.

He he; lovely how a bombing negative can be made a positive. Bravo!

aldousburbank

Gawd Hillary is such a pud knuckler. I have come to the conclusion that Clinton fans must be the type of people who would also enjoy a dog shit smoothie, as long as someone charged them for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uXJ1mgkyF0

Listen to Hillary Clinton say pretty much everything Trump has been saying about illegal immigration from Mexico, including the need to erect "physical barriers".

mikuthing01

Quote from: The King of Kings on June 08, 2016, 07:59:52 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uXJ1mgkyF0

Listen to Hillary Clinton say pretty much everything Trump has been saying about illegal immigration from Mexico, including the need to erect "physical barriers".

oh fug,

Make America Great Again! Hillary Clinton 2016! BUILD WALL!!!

Juan

According to Inside Higher Education, Laureate Education paid Bill Clinton $16.5 million to serve as its Honorary Chancellor.  Laureate Education, mainly its Walden University Online division has been accused of the same things as Trump University - high pressure sales tactics and poor quality instruction. 

The big difference, though, is that Laureate Education received $55-million from the State Department while Hillary was Secretary of State. Get that? The taxpayers paid $55-million and the Clintons got a kickback of $16.5-million.

136 or 142

Additionally, Bill Clinton’s time as honorary chancellor of Laureate overlapped the final two years of Hillary Clinton’s tenure as Secretary of State. In 2012, her final year at State, a non-profit foundation run by Laureate’s founder saw its grants from the federal government, including State, increase by nearly $11 million. This creates the impression, though not the proof, of a quid pro quo arrangement.

Also, Hillary Clinton has been a vocal supporter of the Obama administration’s crackdown on for-profit educational institutions in the U.S., many of which have shockingly low graduation rates and often leave students deeply in debt and without a degree. That creates some awkwardness around the $16.5 million her husband took from what Bloomberg describes as the world’s largest for-profit education company.

It should be noted, however, that Laureate is not generally seen as one of the bad actors in the for-profit education space. The company has definitely been accused of putting profits ahead of students in some cases. But it can also boast that some of its schools are among the most highly-ranked by independent government analysts in their home countries.

As Laureate looks to be dragged into the conversation about Trump University, it’s important to point out that there are some notable differences between the two operations. Most notable is that Laureate operates accredited, degree-granting institutions.  A bachelor’s or master’s degree from one of Laureate’s schools is a legitimate academic credential, albeit one whose practical value is tied to the reputation of the particular school granting it. (But this is not unique -- graduates of Princeton and the local state college down the road might both have bachelor’s degrees in economics, but employers and other academic programs will weight them differently.)

The same cannot be said for Trump University, which was not in any real sense an institution of higher learning, and certainly didn’t confer its graduates with an actual degree.

Trump is facing multiple lawsuits from former students of Trump University, which in reality was a business launched a decade ago to sell classes and seminars on real estate investing and financial management, all heavily branded with the Trump name and logo. Documents released last week detail the high-pressure sales tactics the company applied to sometimes vulnerable consumers. Using promises of financial independence and wealth, salespeople were taught to persuade buyers to exhaust their savings and go into debt in order to pay for ever-more-expensive classes.

Trump has obviously been stung by attacks on the business, which cut to the heart of his public image as a smart and successful businessman. Democrats, as well as the attorneys representing the plaintiffs, have used the documents from the trial to paint an alternate picture of him as a greedy fraud, willing to exploit the vulnerable for a profit.

In launching his attack on the Clintons, Trump can be expected to push the idea that Hillary and her supporters are all hypocrites for attacking him while supporting her, simultaneously damaging Clinton and deflecting criticism from himself.

For political rhetoric geeks, the roll-out of Trump’s newest attack on Clinton will be a real-time example of a politician deploying what logicians call the “tu quoque” fallacy -- a rhetorical gambit in which the speaker tries to discredit an attack on himself not by refuting it on the merits, but by implying that the attacker is a hypocrite.

Whether or not Trump will accomplish his aim of creating some sort of equivalence between Laureate International Universities and Trump University remains to be seen. What’s certain, though, is that attempting to tar the Clintons as participants in a shady for-profit educational company won’t do anything to dispel the mounting evidence that Trump University was a giant scam. It will also help drag the 2016 presidential race even deeper into the mud.

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2016/06/08/Trump-s-Next-Obsession-Bill-Clinton-and-Laureate-Universities

Juan

This, youngsters, is what is called a Clinton Rapid Response.  An hour an a half.  It's the 90s again.
I expect to see Lanny Davis all over the tube tonight.

136 or 142

Quote from: Juan on June 09, 2016, 08:57:14 AM
This, youngsters, is what is called a Clinton Rapid Response.  An hour an a half.  It's the 90s again.
I expect to see Lanny Davis all over the tube tonight.

I just don't like scumbag dishonest hyper partisans like you.  I'm not part of anybody's team.

Also, you totally lied about the inability of the Supreme Court to re-try a case it had heard previously, just as I have no doubt that you also lied about presenting briefs to the Supreme Court  (or writing briefs that were presented, or whatever it was that you lied.)  I highly doubt you're even a lawyer, though I've seen some pretty stupid lawyers in my time, so it is possible you could be one.

analog kid

Quote from: 136 or 142 on June 09, 2016, 07:37:50 AM
It will also help drag the 2016 presidential race even deeper into the mud.

There are plenty who want it as far down in the mud as it can go, of course. Negativity discourages voters and reduces turnout. There are cottage industries based on that. Lower voter turnout has always favored the Republican party.

Juan

Quote from: 136 or 142 on June 09, 2016, 08:58:59 AM
I just don't like scumbag dishonest hyper partisans like you.  I'm not part of anybody's team.

Also, you totally lied about the inability of the Supreme Court to re-try a case it had heard previously, just as I have no doubt that you also lied about presenting briefs to the Supreme Court  (or writing briefs that were presented, or whatever it was that you lied.)  I highly doubt you're even a lawyer, though I've seen some pretty stupid lawyers in my time, so it is possible you could be one.
I have no candidate, I just don't like politicians making prey of the citizens.

If you don't know the difference between trying a case, which is done in a trial court, and hearing an appeal, which is what appellate courts such as the Supreme Court do, you are a supremely ignorant person.

Which is what makes me highly suspicious of your ability to make an argument such as you made above.  I highly doubt that you composed it.  It has all the hallmarks of a Clinton Rapid Response - gloss over the real problem, then turn around and try to blame the opponent.  The responses come so quickly that they give the appearance of being prepared beforehand.  Throughout the 90s, there would be some new Clinton scandal, and within a few minutes or at most a few hours, Lanny Davis or Ann Lewis (Barney Frank's sister) would be on all the political shows with a response structured exactly like the one you made above.

If you're not being paid by Hillary, you should be.

136 or 142

Quote from: Juan on June 09, 2016, 09:15:43 AM
I have no candidate, I just don't like politicians making prey of the citizens.

If you don't know the difference between trying a case, which is done in a trial court, and hearing an appeal, which is what appellate courts such as the Supreme Court do, you are a supremely ignorant person.

Which is what makes me highly suspicious of your ability to make an argument such as you made above.  I highly doubt that you composed it.  It has all the hallmarks of a Clinton Rapid Response - gloss over the real problem, then turn around and try to blame the opponent.  The responses come so quickly that they give the appearance of being prepared beforehand.  Throughout the 90s, there would be some new Clinton scandal, and within a few minutes or at most a few hours, Lanny Davis or Ann Lewis (Barney Frank's sister) would be on all the political shows with a response structured exactly like the one you made above.

If you're not being paid by Hillary, you should be.
1.Bullshit.  Most of your posts seem to be defending Rapist Trump, who is the ultimate scam artist.

2.Trying a case vs. hearing an appeal: pedantic nonsense.  If you think that my careless use of legal terminology (if I even was careless ) suggests I don't understand how the process works, you are a supreme dick.

3.I not only never claimed to write that, I even posted the article's link.   Can't you read?

136 or 142

Quote from: analog kid on June 09, 2016, 09:07:42 AM
There are plenty who want it as far down in the mud as it can go, of course. Negativity discourages voters and reduces turnout. There are cottage industries based on that. Lower voter turnout has always favored the Republican party.

Actually, as far as I can tell, the evidence in the United States seems to be the more negative a campaign, the higher the turnout.  The United States appears to be alone among major western democracies in this.