• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The definitive art bell collection

Started by williedee, July 09, 2013, 12:19:53 PM

Tinfoil Hat

Quote from: basswood on July 26, 2013, 10:44:28 PM
Driton and Williedee:
I can upload things to Youtube and I know a bit of html for blogging but I'm incurably lame on understanding all these file types and streams, however, while fairly quickly looking through your list of shows, you seem to be missing the Malachi Martin interviews. I do have all seven of his appearances in mp3 format and the dates seem to be fairly close to what is titled "Exorcism" in your lists. Though I don't have the discs in front of me, the dates don't seem to quite fit with what I have. Maybe off the top of your heads, you'll know if you have all the Martin interviews, and if not I would be glad to pass them on to you (although I can't imagine they all aren't on Youtube somewhere). But if you're interested, there you go!  :)

There were seven shows with Father Martin? I think I've only got two of them, 4/4/97 and 5/4/98. The combination of Art and Father Martin made for incredibly radio. Is there any way I can find the five I'm missing or does anyone know dates for them?

jan78

Hi all,

shows with Father Malachi Martin:

10/18/96   Exorcisms (first appearance) (replayed 11/1/96,  4/21/01, 12/17/02)
11/15/96   Exorcism and Remote Viewing (w/ Ed Dames in h2) (replayed 1/9/97, 3/26/00, 6/27/01)
4/04/97   Exorcisms and Possessions (replayed 5/13/97, 10/28/99)
7/11/97   Interview w/ Fr. Martin (replayed 10/1/97)
12/03/97   Interview w/ Fr. Martin
5/04/98   The Vatican Murders (replayed 6/25/98)
7/13/98   Conflicts in the Vatican and the Roman Catholic Church (replayed 10/5/98)

kingotnw

I would like to get in on some of this if possible... I have a large amount of shows, but many of them are incomplete.  :(

linden2k

I used to run some stupid Art Bell stream and have a pretty nice little collection I'll be releasing into the wild hopefully in the next week or so.

williedee

Quote from: linden2k on July 30, 2013, 03:44:52 PM
I used to run some stupid Art Bell stream and have a pretty nice little collection I'll be releasing into the wild hopefully in the next week or so.

oh yeah i think i've heard of that one  ;)

that'd be great, i'd definately seed :)

jan78

Quote from: Tinfoil Hat on July 28, 2013, 01:23:30 PM
Many thanks, jan!

You are welcome, Tinfoil.

Hi linden2k: yeah that rings a bell :),  would be great. 

Luxlogs

Quote from: jan78 on July 31, 2013, 12:29:58 AM
You are welcome, Tinfoil.

Hi linden2k: yeah that rings a bell :),  would be great.

Sure Does, Belated Thanks

Is Belated a word?

morphiaflow

Hi Willie! I know I must sound like an impatient cat [or brat], but any word on the next version? :)

Spinner

I'm listening to Somewhere in Time. It's a "Truth or Trash" show from July 4, 1996. I hadn't heard a "Truth or Trash" show in years, and it's so much fun to listen.

I hope someone is recording this show so that we can all enjoy it again.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Spinner on August 10, 2013, 08:11:52 PM
I'm listening to Somewhere in Time. It's a "Truth or Trash" show from July 4, 1996. I hadn't heard a "Truth or Trash" show in years, and it's so much fun to listen.

I hope someone is recording this show so that we can all enjoy it again.

can anyone shoot me a copy of this?   always loved truth or trash.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on August 10, 2013, 08:22:24 PM
can anyone shoot me a copy of this?   always loved truth or trash.

Once I acquire it I will send you a copy. I have a shared Dropbox folder that I have shared with you in the past.

lonevoice

Gandalf50 has the July 4th, 1996 Truth or Trash show in his cloud.   I'm listening to it again now, after just listening to it on C2C yesterday.  It's that good.   The Fast Blast segment after the Truth or Trash segment is nearly a superhuman demonstration of Art Bell's broadcasting skills.  It's like speed dating, as he goes from call to call to call, about a call every 15 seconds, and has a pithy response for each of the callers.  He just goes on and on, grabbing a new line each time, welcoming the caller by geographical location, brain engaged and sharp-witted at lightning speed.  There's not another broadcaster, living, dead, or retired, who could have equalled this feat.

And now he's back.

coaster

Is there a way to listen to the truth or trash show without having to mess with torrents?

gandalf50

Quote from: coaster on August 11, 2013, 03:25:02 PM
Is there a way to listen to the truth or trash show without having to mess with torrents?
I have it on my copy share but for those who are not members I posted it to youtube as well. All snoory streamlink promos removed. Even added some free advertising for Art's New show.
Art Bell Somewhere in Time - Replay from July 4th 1996 - Open Lines - Truth or Trash

coaster

Quote from: gandalf50 on August 11, 2013, 06:30:32 PM
I have it on my copy share but for those who are not members I posted it to youtube as well. All snoory streamlink promos removed. Even added some free advertising for Art's New show.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

jazmunda

Quote from: gandalf50 on August 11, 2013, 06:30:32 PM
All snoory streamlink promos removed.

There must be some freaky masochist out there who might request a copy of all those Snoory promos that end up on the cutting room floor.

Spinner

Quote from: lonevoice on August 11, 2013, 01:07:10 PM
The Fast Blast segment after the Truth or Trash segment is nearly a superhuman demonstration of Art Bell's broadcasting skills.  It's like speed dating, as he goes from call to call to call, about a call every 15 seconds, and has a pithy response for each of the callers.  He just goes on and on, grabbing a new line each time, welcoming the caller by geographical location, brain engaged and sharp-witted at lightning speed. 

Wasn't that amazing?!
Art Bell truly is a master.

lonevoice

Quote from: Spinner on August 14, 2013, 02:01:05 AM
Wasn't that amazing?!
Art Bell truly is a master.
It was the first time I'd heard that episode, and I was gobsmacked. 

morphiaflow

OK--I'm cross posting this in both of the "Art torrent" threads, forgive me MV. (maybe you can merge them?)

I have Driton's and Willie's torrents. Both are fantastic. Those guys did amazing work. Between them, there are well over 700 properly tagged, sorted, single-show-files of classic Art Bell goodness, including, I gather, everything that Frankomundo, FunkyBaldy and (presumably) the old Anomolies archive. I'm floored by how well done and thorough it is.

The following is NOT my idea. it came up in my private chats with Driton and Willie. But I'm throwing it out there to anyone who can help.

Putting together a TRULY "Ultimate Art Bell" torrent that has all possible/available shows from 92-2010, and lots of bells (haha!) and whistles like the Hendrie parodies, the After Dark PDFs, the audiobooks for Art of Talk and Coming Global Superstorm, and other odds and ends.

I'm very happy to be a central contact point, though I'm not much good with tech stuff, but I can help weed through redundancies, compare files, etc, etc.

Linden2K, Gandalf and Kingotnow, it'd be great to see what you guys might have that those guys don't. I also think contacting Malacoid would be a good idea.

Willie and Driton, are you up to work together, and is anyone else willing to help?

Falkie2013

Quote from: MV on July 09, 2013, 02:41:45 PM

and it would be easy to scrape the audio from those youtube videos using this:
http://www.listentoyoutube.com/

For those of you who have a Mac, I use this program which has gotten me music I couldn't find anywhere else off of You Tube. It removes all the video content ( including the annoying ads ) and leaves the audio as an MP3 file which you then place into your Itunes files and can listen to on either your Mac, Iphone or Ipad.

All you do is download the program to your Mac, go to Itunes and place the You Tube url in the box.

Then you click on it, it loads and then when you click on it a 2nd time, it sends it to your Mac.

Now if someone would just post " Alone Too Long " by the Modernaires, the vocal theme song to the old show The Mod Squad ...

I collect soundtracks and sheet music and wish I knew someone who could teach me some of the things I see done here.

As an aside, USA Today has an article on podcasting where they say that Iheart Radio was forced to put podcasts on its site because they are affecting listenership to radio content.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/columnist/talkingtech/2013/08/15/podcast-explosion/2647963/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/popcandy/2012/11/14/8-great-music-podcasts/1705229/

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/tech/webguide/2007-03-15-podcast-directory_n.htm

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/tech/news/2005-02-09-podcasting-usat-money-cover_x.htm

It may happen that one day commercial radio, except for sports and news may all go to podcast and not broadcast except that I've heard some absolutely terrible podcasters in the poker and Star Trek fields.

They go off topic too much and in the case of the poker site, too much profanity, sexist jokes and very bad humor.

http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

I'll be working on my own podcasts by the end of the year as well as videocasts. I just have to get a Blue Mic and learn how. It's nice that the local Mac group moved to near my house so I can get help and tips at the monthly meetings.