• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

GravitySucks

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 09, 2018, 06:13:55 PM
Some of these murders seem plausible, but no way did he do all of them.

Maybe he had help. Art Bell seemed to move around alot. Quitting suddenly and relocating. Hmmmm

bellNwhistle

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 09, 2018, 06:16:19 PM
Maybe he had help. Art Bell seemed to move around alot. Quitting suddenly and relocating. Hmmmm

He does look like someone who could be a Satanist.
What was he wearing around his neck in all of those old professional photos? A pentagram?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 09, 2018, 04:35:35 PM
Many liberals believe in God, and some conservatives do not. Of course I don’t need to tell you this..
Honestly, this is why some people dislike labels. Because you can be boxed into something by others that doesn’t even necessarily fit who you are. It’s easy to make assumptions. But you don’t know unless you ask, if you care enough to ask.

Even after I described his parents as the sweetest people you'd ever meet you still had to see them that way. It's not hyperbole on my part. It used to embarrass my friend when I told him that but, damn it, it was true! I ain't lyin. They were nice, gentle people who always seemed to have a smile on their faces and truly seemed to want the best for people. When they wished you well it wasn't just a rote nicety, you really believed them. Anyway, shame on you! I expect you to indulge in white liberal guilt as your penance.  ;)

PrairieGhost

I wasn't talking about Art Bell lol

WOTR

Quote from: brig on May 09, 2018, 08:56:00 AM
I like MD.  He helped me troll the ONE for days and nights, all over the forum.

I'm sorry to inform you Brig.  You are too sweet to be a troll... :)

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 09, 2018, 11:15:42 AM
(Brackets) is a bad habit I have  :P If I ever had to use an anonymous alt. account it would be a dead giveaway ;D
This post was a complete clusterfuk, I'm sorry (I'm also Canadian so we tend to say that a lot)  ;)

I had not noticed the brackets (perhaps it is because most of my posts contain them as well?)

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 09, 2018, 03:16:38 PM
So, let me ask my liberal friends just why it is they feel the need to reduce a Born Again Christian to a member of the Westboro Baptists? Why not just be honest and say you hate Christians? ::)

Thing is, MD... I still consider myself a Christian (albeit, probably not a very good one.)  It was not equating all Christians as Westboro Baptists- it was a well known example of the kind of people that I might troll.  If I chose some other less known sect, people would not understand what I was saying.

I don't even fault them- I don't dislike them.  Their interpretation of scripture and mine certainly do not "mesh", but it is good to have people in this age standing up for what they believe.  They don't physically harm others- and I consider it healthy to have them challenge others in their beliefs and what they accept.  (Yes, even on the street, even at a funeral.)  That said, I feel like I should be allowed to challenge and engage.

Kind of like some of our posters who appear to dislike (((them))).  I disagree, and some of my posts may make that very clear.  But it is still healthy to be able to engage and for people to be allowed to blame (((them))) for everything from global warming to the common cold.

WOTR

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 09, 2018, 05:11:01 AM
I have a teenage son with Autism. He's great with computers (as it seems so many of them are), and although my husband is in IT, and can block a lot of shit, my kid still finds ways to get around stuff.  I won't get into all of the stuff he's done, but he finds trolls absolutely hilarious. Not only does he enjoy them (unless they're trolling him- in which case, watch the fuck out), he has had no problem trolling back. We have tried to make it a point to block forums as soon as we see he's been to one (or I just check his posts, watch the sites he's actually on, because he wouldn't have a reason to troll some of them)
Put him on this forum.  Turn him lose in the politics thread.  ;)  (I'm only half joking...)  He sounds as though he might fit in here.  I can tell you that there are at least three of us with Aspergers (no, I won't "out" the others- I can't recall if they have posted anything about it on the open forum.) 

But if I know I couldn't step foot into a pro Westboro Church forum w/out telling all of them to fuck off, and I don't feel like having all of them tell me to fuck off in return, why waste my time with any of it? I know there are topics people can't agree on, but why not at least try to have rational, intelligent conversations about it? IF choosing to have one at all?   That said, I have gone to FB pages of candidates I hate with a burning passion, to laugh at some of the most idiotic shit their followers come up with. I don't bother with comments- usually. But I will "laugh" at them.  Does it really make me feel better?  ;D

There are 100 different reasons for "trolling".  I'm sure that I have read a few studies on them...  Some of it is malicious, some to feel superior, some people only troll the trolls... The list really goes on and on.  I would actually suggest that you look it up.  I'm guessing you know your son as well as anyone.  Even if he can't put it in words, I'm sure that you might recognize some of the motives in his behaviour.

I'm not going into it too much here.  But MD has accused me of "gaslighting" on more than one occasion.  You might be able to ascertain that I enjoy challenging the beliefs that people have and the positions they have taken (and I enjoy having mine challenged at the same time.)  Oh, there are other things that I do and other reasons I might enjoy it... But that probably provides more insight that I really care to give...  (I don't consider the term "gaslighting" to be derogatory when referring to somebody on the net.  In your real life- maybe...)

But I liked your post, WOTR.

Thanks.  Set up an account for your son.  :)

***Well, I have now filled up and entire page of text.  You are all welcome.

I need La$ha's address. I plan on opening a Krispy Kreme near her so she can make me a fortune. Hopefully, it can still ovulate. The more fat little mouths to feed, the more dough I will make (and the less time she spends gibbering her inane bs).

Metron2267

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on May 08, 2018, 04:16:04 PM
Dave Schrader ..... don't know him, have never listened to him, but hate him nonetheless.

Is there a way to club you like a harp seal?

Metron2267

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on May 08, 2018, 04:53:08 PM
Life is good, especially for other folks here.  8)

Must be why you're such a "happy" hoser.

bellNwhistle

Hey Dave.

You must not suck that bad. Most of this thread isn’t even about you. LOL  8)

Dyna-X

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 18, 2018, 03:31:26 PM
Hey Dave.

You must not suck that bad. Most of this thread isn’t even about you. LOL  8)
I think he has to dig in the Ian Punnet "that guy from Minnesota" or the Richard Syrett threads LMAO

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 18, 2018, 04:03:06 PM
I think he has to dig in the Ian Punnet "that guy from Minnesota" or the Richard Syrett threads LMAO

😂

Corona Kitty

Angie, I think referring to Dave as ART's legacy might be a little strong.  And I won't speak for Dave, but I think he might concur.  I believe that Dave would want to do a show that ART would point to and say, "That Dave.  He gets it.  That's why I listen to him."

I could be wrong.

- paladin1991

Lolz sure thing pal, art is tossing in his grave right now.

AZZERAE

Lilith

Hey Dave,

I really did enjoy the DB Cooper Revealed / Dr. Nick Begich  segment.

TidePods Dave!  :)

VC

Quote from: brig on February 01, 2019, 12:19:55 PM
I think Daves broadcasting style SUCKS, and listening to him make excuses about why he doesn't want to take calls, is just nauseating, but my main gripes with him are his weatherman cadence when he speaks, and his dual guest format.

Hate DS's show format of two guests at 2hrs+1hr. DS did 3 guests at one hour each too. Totally Sucks! Here was my reply to DS about his show format:

QuoteQuote from: DaveSchrader on October 17, 2018, 11:45:36 PM

Fun show tonight, fast moving, I liked it, I hope you did too.

No! Can't stand 3 One Hour Commercials that are scripted for book sales and provide ZERO depth of deeper understanding to be passed on to listeners! Easy peasy slop... PERFECT for the gullible and those with no attention span, but worthless for those of us that have listened to Art Bell for years or even Nory's C2C in its earlier years.

This forum is perfect for people that can only post in one or two sentence frameworks. It has a texting 30 second attention span that has just been repackaged into a live stream podcast with 3 one hour starving hacks.

This place is haunted like the walking dead and you don't even know it if you think listening to one hour shows is Art's Legacy or "going deep" to find answers. This is Beavis and Butt-head and Dumb and Dumber.

It's sad that forum's now attract people that can only post in one or two sentences. IF that's all you do here, then FU. You contribute NOTHING of substance, text freaks, though Bluejay is a step-up w/pics.

I'm done with this shit hole with one hour no-brainer book sale BJ's.

This entire forum is hacked and hijacked for commercialization for "the money changers" MITD/DS and in-house business associates, and there is NO LEGACY of Art Bell remaining here.

Bellgab.com was/is independent from the very deceptive trickery that happened when this forum was created under false pretenses. This is an MITD/DS sponsored forum that fracked Art Bell's show format.

I'm not calling-in to farcical one/two hour DS BJ's. Bye bye.

Lilith

Quote from: VC on February 01, 2019, 12:34:26 PM
but worthless for those of us that have listened to Art Bell for years or even Nory's C2C in its earlier years.

I agree that Snoory wasn't bad as a fill in host before Art quit.  I just think it didn't take long for him to get tired of the subject matter once he became full time host, and started just doing the show in his sleep.

VC

Quote from: brig on February 01, 2019, 12:19:55 PM
I think Daves broadcasting style SUCKS, and listening to him make excuses about why he doesn't want to take calls, is just nauseating, [...]

I exposed DS for the liar and/or deceptive fool he is about taking calls or doing Open Lines, etc.

Researching how this "show format" disaster happened starts here: [webpage changed -hmmm ;)]

Dave did say he would do Open Lines within a few weeks in his introduction. Yeah, that's right. I've got "the audio" in his own words... Dave says: "I'M PROMISING"... Posted May 9th... http://midnightinthedesert.com/dave-schrader/

DS said back in May "I'm promising" within a couple of weeks he will do Open Lines:

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1hQNSYWSvDN

So much for promises!

Hijacked!

Lilith

Quote from: VC on February 01, 2019, 01:21:49 PM
I exposed DS for the liar and/or deceptive fool he is about taking calls or doing Open Lines, etc.

Researching how this "show format" disaster happened starts here:

http://midnightinthedesert.com/page/29/

Dave did say he would do Open Lines within a few weeks in his introduction. Yeah, that's right. I've got "the audio" in his own words... Dave says: "I'M PROMISING"... Posted May 9th... http://midnightinthedesert.com/dave-schrader/

DS said back in May "I'm promising" within a couple of weeks he will do Open Lines:

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1hQNSYWSvDN

So much for promises!

Hijacked!

I think Dave should take my advice and become a weatherman.  He wouldn't have to worry about callers.

TidePods Dave!   :)

VC

This was "matter of fact" advice I didn't want to accept but have to move-on with:

Re: Midnight In The Desert with Dave Schrader
« Reply #14821 on: October 18, 2018, 12:14:40 PM »
QuoteQuote from: VC on October 18, 2018, 03:22:40 AM
  Art Bell was a rebel. He shot the finger at "the money changers", and he got the audience that loved his show format too. All ages participated. He shaped his audience by what he provided, and DS is shaping his audience by what he provides.

DS is no Art Bell, obviously, since he thinks doing 3 one hour shows is the bee's knees.

Two hours with a guest is barely enough time for any in-depth substance. But two hours is not a good fit for Voice Call-ins either. Three hours is the minimum for that format, otherwise it's just too rushed and superficial.

Aquarius replied:

Art Bell told Heather to make the show her own, do it her way. He did not say do it exactly his way.

Dave has never said he is representing Art's legacy, he is doing his own thing, and well. There was never any pretense that Art's exact format would not be updated for the needs of a newer, younger audience or to suit the new host, Dave.

If you want a show that exactly replicated Art's show (not possible since he is, sadly, dead), do it yourself, nobody else is, most especially not C2C.

The Tonight Show changed and evolved with every subsequent host, each leaving their own mark on the show. Same here with MITD, imho.

Just sayin...

Was this person here at BG too?

Aquarius

Ellevated
    Why? Why not?

Lilith

Quote from: VC on February 01, 2019, 01:54:49 PM

Was this person here at BG too?

Aquarius

Ellevated
    Why? Why not?

Aquarius?  Yes, Aquarius used to post here at BellGab.

http://bellgab.com/index.php?action=profile;u=7758

Dave has the same amount of listeners as Heather had. Taking calls from such a limited pool would result in the same 2 or 3 people calling in every night. It would be Kolby in WI/PaulElla/Smog/Bear all over again

The split format is very host-friendly because only the most obvious questions are asked at which point it's already time for the next guest. Minimal show-prep is needed leaving time for more important things like planning your next wrestling cruise or shouting-at-ghosts tv show pitch

Lilith

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on February 01, 2019, 02:03:46 PM
Dave has the same amount of listeners as Heather had. Taking calls from such a limited pool would result in the same 2 or 3 people calling in every night. It would be Kolby in WI/PaulElla/Smog/Bear all over again

The split format is very host-friendly because only the most obvious questions are asked at which point it's already time for the next guest. Minimal show-prep is needed leaving time for more important things like planning your next wrestling cruise or shouting-at-ghosts tv show pitch

I had no idea.
How embarassing.   

VC

The split format is very host-friendly because only the most obvious questions are asked at which point it's already time for the next guest. Minimal show-prep is needed leaving time for more important things like planning your next wrestling cruise or shouting-at-ghosts tv show pitch.

It's geared to complete newbies and SM/FB lookers, surface skimming the superficial, but that was NEVER AB's audience or style of show.

It's no wonder DS does a such a shitty and pathetic show for those of us that loved AB's show and long-form format. DS is Twitter incarnated for ghosting SM/FB airheads.

You bullseye'd DS in the balls when you wrote: "Minimal show-prep is needed leaving time for more important things like planning your next wrestling cruise or shouting-at-ghosts tv show pitch."

Corona Kitty

Ironically enough, it's the same exact people who listen to both shows.

Dave is a fag and I hope he chokes on a dick and a little bit of nutsack.

Epaphroditus

Quote from: brig on February 01, 2019, 02:06:54 PM
I had no idea.
How embarassing.

Only embarrassing if you believe those who claimed Heather had no audience yet in the Talk Stream Live rankings only  Noory , Lewis , and Church had bigger numbers in paranormal talk  .