Author Topic: Dave Schrader  (Read 220319 times)

Re: Dave Schrader
« Reply #1980 on: February 12, 2018, 02:40:13 AM »
Just turned it on. Needed something live. Not bad so far. Paranormal foo.

Enjoying it particularly the guest talking about Gettysburg.

« Reply #1981 on: February 12, 2018, 03:38:05 AM »
The story about the generals having the band play music at night to drown out the cries of the wounded soldiers stuck on the battlefield so the healthy could soldiers sleep. Absolutely brutal.

« Reply #1982 on: February 12, 2018, 03:48:48 AM »
The story about the generals having the band play music at night to drown out the cries of the wounded soldiers stuck on the battlefield so the healthy could soldiers sleep. Absolutely brutal.

The Army hospitals had to be a nightmare to the doctors and everyone involved. Sawing off limbs left and right and all the death from gangrene and such must have been a nightmare. I'm very thankful that I live in these relatively peaceful times.

« Reply #1983 on: February 12, 2018, 04:01:17 AM »
Really enjoyed Richard Estep.  He seemed to have the proper respect for all of the fallen in the Civil War.  For good or ill, it is part of the past and it should never be covered up.

« Reply #1984 on: February 12, 2018, 04:08:40 AM »
Geez no trigger warnings in this thread!

« Reply #1985 on: February 12, 2018, 04:39:15 AM »
The Army hospitals had to be a nightmare to the doctors and everyone involved. Sawing off limbs left and right and all the death from gangrene and such must have been a nightmare. I'm very thankful that I live in these relatively peaceful times.

Savages! Barbarians!

« Reply #1986 on: February 12, 2018, 04:44:18 AM »

« Reply #1987 on: February 12, 2018, 05:27:56 AM »
Really enjoyed Richard Estep.  He seemed to have the proper respect for all of the fallen in the Civil War.  For good or ill, it is part of the past and it should never be covered up.

When it came time to sing, the pastor instructed the choir and the congregation to sing a little louder to drown out the wailing prisoners. That scene took place in Nazi Germany in 1943. A train carrying a load of Jewish prisoners to a concentration camp had broken down outside a small Christian church.

I'll feel better when they someday document in detail the suffering and the tragedy of the Trail of Tears, "our" 'Philippines' Death March...

« Reply #1988 on: February 12, 2018, 07:50:10 AM »

Enjoying it particularly the guest talking about Gettysburg.
I wish the that guest had been first.  The first guest just seemed to be shooting the shit with Schrader and they did a great job of putting me to sleep after the first hour.

« Reply #1989 on: February 12, 2018, 12:57:25 PM »
When it came time to sing, the pastor instructed the choir and the congregation to sing a little louder to drown out the wailing prisoners. That scene took place in Nazi Germany in 1943. A train carrying a load of Jewish prisoners to a concentration camp had broken down outside a small Christian church.

I'll feel better when they someday document in detail the suffering and the tragedy of the Trail of Tears, "our" 'Philippines' Death March...

Some people on this site love Andrew Jackson but his legacy will always be tainted by the way he double-crossed the Cherokee.

« Reply #1990 on: February 13, 2018, 04:24:08 PM »
I keep hoping Schrader's beyond the Darkness will get better. It just isn't. There will be the occasional good show but a lot of bad/old/re-hashed guest. It is also really short. I miss true crime Tuesdays which now is a paid show. They run an old Darkness radio show on Tuesdays for they Beyond the darkness show.

« Reply #1991 on: February 13, 2018, 04:41:38 PM »
I keep hoping Schrader's beyond the Darkness will get better. It just isn't. There will be the occasional good show but a lot of bad/old/re-hashed guest. It is also really short. I miss true crime Tuesdays which now is a paid show. They run an old Darkness radio show on Tuesdays for they Beyond the darkness show.

Yeah, there have been a lot of rather lackluster paranormal programs.  The only one I listened to during the past 2 weeks was the Ron Feyl exorcist program.  That was basically a rehash too but I was intrigued how he described a case where a petite female turned into a muscular male during a possession. 

It really seems that there have not been any really good haunting stories in a while and those are the ones I'm interested in.  Guests are usually investigators who talk about the paranormal in general terms and not specific cases.  I like to hear stories from the people who are actually experiencing hauntings.

« Reply #1992 on: February 13, 2018, 08:50:40 PM »
Yeah, there have been a lot of rather lackluster paranormal programs.  The only one I listened to during the past 2 weeks was the Ron Feyl exorcist program.  That was basically a rehash too but I was intrigued how he described a case where a petite female turned into a muscular male during a possession. 

It really seems that there have not been any really good haunting stories in a while and those are the ones I'm interested in.  Guests are usually investigators who talk about the paranormal in general terms and not specific cases.  I like to hear stories from the people who are actually experiencing hauntings.

There are a lot of good Ghost tour operators across the country. Why these sort of shows don't have more of them on I'll never know. Instead its the same tired ghost stories we have all heard from the same people. I agree its better to have the actual person than investigators but they could at least get someone with new stories. Schrader at least on occasion does this, Noory does not. Noory is content with running out the same rotation, which is reason 483 Noory sucks.