• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The "Exposing PseudoAstronomy" Podcast

Started by astroguy, January 04, 2013, 12:51:45 AM

ziznak

bring em on.  That slideshow presentation you did was really good.  Should link to it from the Hoaxland thread too.

astroguy

Conspiracy strikes!
But Stuart says, “Mars’ color
Is natur’ly red.”

Episode 74, "The True Color of Mars," has been posted.

ziznak

Can you analyze the gallactic alignment info in the "magical egypt" series?  And how long do you think human civilization dates back to?  shoot from the hip if you could and just throw a date out that you honestly think could mark humanities birthday... 10,000+ for modern man?

im talking about the napta playa stones... sorry this is an edit like ten mins later after my next comment... drinking+astornomy+pseudo science = silly questions

ziznak

just pretend yer an anthropoligist...

ziznak

I've been watching season 4 of ancient aliens again.  Best episodes are the NASA and Bigfoot ones.

astroguy

I've not heard of the "magical egypt" series.

ziznak

Robert Schock is the geologist that said the sphyinx is much older than everything around it and john west is the anthropoligist.  Schock will push back the earliest date for "civilization" to like 10 or is it 12,000 BC.  West is a little more speculative about things.  The series is based mostly on Wests theories it seems... he looks like Tommy Chong tho its strange.  I found it interesting but a bit flakey at times.

astroguy

Okay, yeah, I've heard of Schock and his stuff on C2C.  I don't really have enough expertise to critique his stuff, but I'd refer to the general idea that, if you've had your ideas out there for a long time, and you're still the only one who believes them, you're probably wrong.

astroguy

You’re just a jerk. Don’t
Sue NASA for religious
Discrimination.

Episode 75, "Young-Earth Creationist, David Coppedge, Sues NASA for Discrimination, and He Loses," has been posted.  Some of you may recognize the voice of my guest.  If you do, please don't post his name.

ziznak

Quote from: astroguy on May 21, 2013, 07:58:10 PM
Okay, yeah, I've heard of Schock and his stuff on C2C.  I don't really have enough expertise to critique his stuff, but I'd refer to the general idea that, if you've had your ideas out there for a long time, and you're still the only one who believes them, you're probably wrong.
i think the geologists all say there's water erosion that dates the rocks and the archaeologists are dating the sphinx itself which has been a bit bastardized through time.  It doesn't fit with the established archaeological dates that squeeze the sphinx into that third dynasty of egypt(?)... when the  great pyramid was made.  He's got a tiny ass head, the sphinx, and they used to change peoples faces to fit what ever megalomaniac was in power at the time.  If you find the time look into it.  There's an alignment site that has an astronomical dating involved I was curious if you heard of it.  The site is "napta playa."  I looked around adding "debunked" to the search and found nothing.

oh and the ep75 link has an extra " at the end... for a sec i thought the site was down :P

astroguy

Yeah, I realized the extra quote, but it was after the five-minute rule and I couldn't edit.

astroguy

Twenty-twelve doomsday
Is said and done. What doomsday
Is next, yet to come?

Episode 77, "2012 Back-Peddling," has been posted.

ziznak

I had a little chuckle too when I watched the new star trek and the brightly painted people of Nibiru.  The role reversal joke wasn't lost on the trekkie/coasters I'm sure.

astroguy

I have to wonder (a) how many people got it, and (b) who snuck it into the script.

Yorkshire pud

Very good; it would be interesting if Mike Hazelwood had anything to say about his 'predictions' when he's presented with the pesky science shit.

valdez

Quote from: astroguy on July 11, 2013, 12:55:21 AM

Planet X, again,
With claims like Nancy Lieder's,
By Mark Hazlewood.

Episode 80, "The Fake Story of Planet X, Part 7 - Mark Hazlewood," has been posted.

I liked it.  My only critique is that you may want to get some drunks to call in and mumble nonsensical, but otherwise a fine job.  I'll check out some more for sure.

astroguy

Thanks, glad you like it.  And no, I don't need C2C-style callers.

Yorkshire pud

Entertaining as ever Stuart..Looking forward to part two.

astroguy

Thanks guys.  So it wasn't too background-y?  Not too much quotes and too little rebutting?