• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

NASA being quiet on a new find on Mars by rover ...

Started by Zircon, November 29, 2012, 12:39:22 AM

Juan

Maybe it found oil.  Wouldn't that be a hoot?  Imagine the ruckus across society, from politicians, to religious figures, to J.R. Ewing wannabes, to even sNoory, after Hoagland told him about it.

P.S. - I'm not speculating on what the politicians would be saying as this is not a political thread.  Use your own imagination.

Sardondi

I suspect we're going to be underwhelmed when they release it. Something along the lines of, "We've found hydrogen! Now if we can find just a little oxygen....We're halfway to finding water!"

ziznak

They found life... most likely ISOPODS.  lil fuckers can live anywhere.  The delay is because NASA wants to rule out that the isopods are actually from earth transported there on the rovers.  But if it turns out they exist independently on Mars?? Look the fuck out. 

Ya know you can't easily crush them lil suckers either... they just roll up into a lil ball and you aint got shit... but yeah... isopods man... crazy.

Sardondi

Quote from: ziznak on November 29, 2012, 08:17:29 AM
They found life... most likely ISOPODS.  lil fuckers can live anywhere.  The delay is because NASA wants to rule out that the isopods are actually from earth transported there on the rovers.  But if it turns out they exist independently on Mars?? Look the fuck out. 

Ya know you can't easily crush them lil suckers either... they just roll up into a lil ball and you aint got shit... but yeah... isopods man... crazy.

Hmmmm. How are they flash-boiled with a little lemon juice or Tabasco?

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Sardondi on November 29, 2012, 07:53:12 AM
I suspect we're going to be underwhelmed when they release it. Something along the lines of, "We've found hydrogen! Now if we can find just a little oxygen....We're halfway to finding water!"

I suspected the same thing. Wake me when they find little green men.

ItsOver

Maybe that's where Noory's been the past few nights.  On Mars.  Could it be a portal???  ;)

Surmo

Those Dorito-eating isopods look like one I just saw on an episode of Fringe.  As I recall, those isopods ate brains or intestinal fluids, or something like that.

I'm 99% I'll be underwhelmed by the latest discovery on Mars. I'd be interested to see the "monolith" on Phobos closer up. Speaking of which, I posted a new post on my blog about Richard Hoagland's claims about Phobos.

http://interposemission.blogspot.com/

ItsOver

Quote from: ziznak on November 29, 2012, 08:17:29 AM

Reminds me of this little flick from the past.

just wiki'd those isopods.Hell ,I guess they will eat anything and everything  that has any nutrient use.
I thought you had discovered some land dwelling variety.  I had ideas of food too Sardondi;lemon,garlic and butter."cultured lobster"
When I lived on Hawai'i people told me about O-Tech on the Kona side.The grew a lot of spirulina and were practically giving it away in 1 pound bags.They had a pipe going out and doun to about 5000 feet bringig up rich very cold water .They were raising sturgeon and 'maine'Lobster in tanks by circulting that cold deep nutrient rich water.Getti Maine Lobster to row (ad Stugeon) to saleable size i half the time that they do so i the wild.Kind of neat.The lobster was real good and relatively cheaper than maine lobster is on the east coast of USA.It was more experimental than was not kicked up to commercial scale as much as their spirulina was.I could find so much bulk spirulina around I used it to boost my garden I had.