• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Why the media blows...

Started by Eddie Coyle, November 19, 2012, 03:14:08 PM

Eddie Coyle

Part 1. The countless weekend stories about Hostess were often accompanied with coy, winking references to "munchies", with each anchor thinking they were outrageous 21st century Oscar Wildes. "Did you hear me reference Deadheads on a 6pm broadcast?" Keep pushing those envelopes you vacuous bubbleheads.

Part 2. The Likudnik scriptwriters at Fox News going out of their way to let you know where they stand. They had a reporter live in Israel( who looked like Chris Sarandon in Dog Day Afternoon) telling us about air raid sirens in a neighborhood where a elderly housing complex was...and the deduction of "Holocaust survivors" living there. Really? In Israel? Hey, maybe some people who were at Deir Yassin reside in those apartments too...oh, never mind.

You don't have to be Edward Said or Norman Finkelstein to see what's going on there. The Holocaust isn't brought up incidentally.

Juan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 19, 2012, 03:14:08 PM
   vacuous bubbleheads.
I worked with these idiots.  You're being too generous.

b_dubb

fox news is obviously anti-obama.  what's sad is that the talking heads on that channel probably don't even agree with the positions they profess.  they're just actors.  and all they care about is their fat payday

McPhallus

Quote from: b_dubb on November 19, 2012, 03:39:35 PM
fox news is obviously anti-obama.  what's sad is that the talking heads on that channel probably don't even agree with the positions they profess.  they're just actors.  and all they care about is their fat payday

They're biased in a direction you don't like.  We all gravitate toward things biased in a way we can relate to.  But bias is just bad, period.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 19, 2012, 03:14:08 PM
Part 2. The Likudnik scriptwriters at Fox News going out of their way to let you know where they stand. They had a reporter live in Israel( who looked like Chris Sarandon in Dog Day Afternoon) telling us about air raid sirens in a neighborhood where a elderly housing complex was...and the deduction of "Holocaust survivors" living there. Really? In Israel? Hey, maybe some people who were at Deir Yassin reside in those apartments too...oh, never mind.

You don't have to be Edward Said or Norman Finkelstein to see what's going on there. The Holocaust isn't brought up incidentally.

What was the IDF to do when terrorists targeted Israeli civilians? Hamas shot hundreds of rockets into the Holy Land. Some of them hit homes and schools. They have the right to defend themselves.

b_dubb

Quote from: McPhallus on November 19, 2012, 05:24:50 PM
They're biased in a direction you don't like.  We all gravitate toward things biased in a way we can relate to.  But bias is just bad, period.
true but during the election they were openly rooting for Romney.  which is fine.  but they have the word "news" in their corp name

HorrorRetro

Quote from: b_dubb on November 19, 2012, 07:27:24 PM
true but during the election they were openly rooting for Romney.  which is fine.  but they have the word "news" in their corp name

It's no different than MSNBC.  They were openly rooting for Obama. 

b_dubb

Quote from: HorrorRetro on November 19, 2012, 07:29:19 PM
yes but who watches msnbc?  no one. actually msnbc has facts and documentation to back up their claims.  fox news just says whatever the fuck they want

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: HorrorRetro on November 19, 2012, 07:29:19 PM

As were other outlets. Neutral journalism likely is a thing of the past.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on November 19, 2012, 06:21:39 PM
What was the IDF to do when terrorists targeted Israeli civilians? Hamas shot hundreds of rockets into the Holy Land. Some of them hit homes and schools. They have the right to defend themselves.
The IDF targets civilians. Routinely. They take 15 people out while killing a Hamas big shot. The average Palestinian should have a "potential collateral damage" sticker afixed to them.The rockets were fired after one of Israel's patented assassinations. 

The good thing about this past week: It reaffirms my feeings that Israel will never attack Iran.

b_dubb

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 19, 2012, 07:36:47 PM
The good thing about this past week: It reaffirms my feeings that Israel will never attack Iran.

god i hope so

Nucky Nolan

The IDF targets civilians. Routinely. They take 15 people out while killing a Hamas big shot. The average Palestinian should have a "potential collateral damage" sticker afixed to them.The rockets were fired after one of Israel's patented assassinations. 

That's because the cowards hide behind women and children when they try to murder Jews. They store their weapons in homes, mosques, schools, etc.. They aim for Israeli civilians too. They're not as civilized as the IDF, so their savagery may be expected.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on November 19, 2012, 07:49:32 PM
That's because the cowards hide behind women and children when they try to murder Jews. They store their weapons in homes, mosques, schools, etc.. They aim for Israeli civilians too. They're not as civilized as the IDF, so their savagery may be expected.

You've recited what our foreign policy has been since at least 1963, probably further. One side are cowardly savages(a bit of a oxymoron) and the other...well, three separate movies of the Entebbe raid aired on American tv in 1976/77. That paints the picture of how Americans are expected to view Israel.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 19, 2012, 07:58:10 PM
      You've recited what our foreign policy has been since at least 1963, probably further. One side are cowardly savages(a bit of a oxymoron) and the other...well, three separate movies of the Entebbe raid aired on American tv in 1976/77. That paints the picture of how Americans are expected to view Israel.

I prefer "The Last King of Scotland" when it comes to Idi Amin movies.

(Not) Noory: "I take it that Steve was in that one too."

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on November 19, 2012, 08:03:16 PM
I prefer "The Last King of Scotland" when it comes to Idi Amin movies.

Nice parallels between Idi and Hamas, actually. Israel played a major role in their development and rise to prominence, only for it to blow up in their face(no pun intended...for once)

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 19, 2012, 08:08:06 PM
     Nice parallels between Idi and Hamas, actually. Israel played a major role in their development and rise to prominence, only for it to blow up in their face(no pun intended...for once)

At least, Americans didn't create Al Qaeda and support their factions in other countries after they attacked us. Thank goodness for that, at least.

Quote from: b_dubb on November 19, 2012, 07:32:04 PM
yes but who watches msnbc?  no one. actually msnbc has facts and documentation to back up their claims.  fox news just says whatever the fuck they want

The entire 'Main Stream Media' was in the bag for Obama.  They have been from the first day they heard of him in 2008.  It was even worse this year - they covered up what he wanted covered up, played up what he wanted played up, amplified the lies he told about Romney, and ignored the points made by Romney.  Just beause you approved didn't mean it was fair, accurate, true, or even 'journalism'.

Look at the 'Moderators' from the 3 debates plus the VP debate.  Look at the 'Fact-Checkers'.  Look at the way the reporting on Benghazi was orchestrated.  Or the Employmet data.

None of this is new either.  For decades now the Ds have baselessly said the Rs want to destroy Social Security and Medicare, poison the air and water, hate minorities, women and old people.  The Rs are racists, Nazis, anti-everyone.  On and on and on.  The 'Fact-checkers' ignore all that, while the Media piles on with more.

I get tired of people ignoring all that - decades of it before Fox News was even on - and then have the audacity to complain about some item of Fox that isn't praising Obama and the Ds, items that are usually more accurate than the way the Corrupt Media is portraying the very same thing..

I have zero sympathy for the Palestinians.  None.  The way they've operated all these decades. 

Sometimes I wonder if sympathy for barbarians, anyone from the Moslems to people like Mao or Castro to our inner city thugs, is some form of Stockholm Syndrome.

Juan

In the immortal words of WTLV-TV's noon anchor Sally Fox, "Happy Pearl Harbor Day."

Yes, she actually said it - on air.