• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Howard Hughes - The Unexplained

Started by PseudoSentience, July 05, 2012, 07:56:02 PM

Danger!UFO

Quote from: bellNwhistle on January 09, 2016, 09:57:43 AM
This is nothing do to with Heather, but I would listen to Howard every night. I love his voice, and I think he has what it takes.

Agreed!  8)

Danger!UFO

Quote from: henge0stone on January 09, 2016, 09:58:43 AM
I honestly think Hughes is second only to Art Bell at this point. He really should be hosting C2C. DMRN needed him more than he needed it.

If the folks at CtC had any sense they would cut Snoory loose while offering Hughes a nice contract that would allow him to make the move here to the states. Agreed that the
DMDN needed him more than he needed them.

henge0stone

Any listeners in the UK remember Hughes old show on Terrestrial radio? I remember him playing some segments from it on his new show. It would be awesome if someone from the UK had a torrent of his old shows.

Auslandia

He would likely be well received in the states.  Totally professionally produced show ready to syndicate?  Please!

Gledders

Can't help with a radio back catalogue of his, but his interview with Al Bielik was put out as an Unexplained episode. That would give a bit of a taste.

Soylentblue

Quote from: cweb on January 08, 2016, 08:19:03 AM
http://midnightinthedesert.com/time-for-another-update-from-keith/
I know Keith isn't a people person, but this comes off as unprofessional and a tad whiny. Maybe Howard is doing good download numbers and decided that DMDN wasn't worth the hassle. I'm not sure that it was as simple as Howard sending a file for Keith to play- he may have been getting "notes" the whole time.

I can't blame Howard for not wanting to take the risk, especially not knowing his whole situation. He's hinted at life being difficult financially at this time. It's also possible that he's working on something himself.

Or it could be that Howard did NOT want to be told what he can and cannot do on his own radio show ala Michael Vara?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Soylentblue on January 09, 2016, 02:48:48 PM
Or it could be that Howard did NOT want to be told what he can and cannot do on his own radio show ala Michael Vara?

Or it could be that he is perfectly happy doing what he is doing and doesn't want to change.

Ciardelo

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 09, 2016, 03:14:58 PM
Or it could be that he is perfectly happy doing what he is doing and doesn't want to change.
That's just crazy talk. I think what is needed here is plenty of rampant speculation. Clearly Hughes is going to team up with RCH to take the network back.  8)

Jackstar

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 09, 2016, 03:26:21 PM
That's just crazy talk. I think what is needed here is plenty of rampant speculation. Clearly Hughes is going to team up with RCH to take the network back.  8)

That would be fine with me, as Howard Hughes rocks major.

I really don't miss Bell (but I do hope his precious family are continuing to be a part of his ongoing satisfaction). Let's see Charles Faddis slinging his hash on Hughes.

jjsmooth

The time slot before MITD would be tough for Howard. But how about moving RCH before MITD and HH after? Which would be what, 8 am to 10 am in the UK? As far as I can tell, HH's BBC gig is once a week on Saturdays.

That could have been 7 straight hours of intriguing radio. Maybe still can... who knows.

Or rotate RCH and HH at the late hour and have the pre-MITD slot a rotation of live Bateman, Heather, Future Theatre. Hell, give MV the mic as well.

So many possibilities...

Ciardelo

Quote from: jjsmooth on January 09, 2016, 08:44:24 PM
The time slot before MITD would be tough for Howard. But how about moving RCH before MITD and HH after? Which would be what, 8 am to 10 am in the UK? As far as I can tell, HH's BBC gig is once a week on Saturdays.

That could have been 7 straight hours of intriguing radio. Maybe still can... who knows.

Or rotate RCH and HH at the late hour and have the pre-MITD slot a rotation of live Bateman, Heather, Future Theatre. Hell, give MV the mic as well.

So many possibilities...
Yup--we need to explore why HH does not do this as he is a proven host. Why is there a cover-up?

Spinner

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 09, 2016, 08:54:12 PM
Yup--we need to explore why HH does not do this as he is a proven host. Why is there a cover-up?
Ooooh, yeah! Let's start a conspiracy theory about why Howard Hughes is not an internationally known radio personality. He has all the "goods," so what's keeping him from being super famous?  Hmmm. . .

Discuss.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Spinner on January 09, 2016, 11:49:39 PM

Ooooh, yeah! Let's start a conspiracy theory about why Howard Hughes is not an internationally known radio personality. He has all the "goods," so what's keeping him from being super famous?  Hmmm. . .

Discuss.

I don't have time to discuss. I have to binge watch the X-Files.

😎

Spinner

And to make it real, here's a photo:

Spinner

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 09, 2016, 11:50:54 PM
I don't have time to discuss. I have to binge watch the X-Files.

😎
So, there's hope.  ;D

You must start with Episode 1. Enjoy.

Quote from: Spinner on January 09, 2016, 11:49:39 PM

Discuss.

I was going to guess paranoia, germophobia, malnutrition, and grotesquely long toenails, but after seeing the picture I realize that's a different Howard Hughes.  Carry on.

Gledders

Howard's working week is more than the Saturday. He does a show for a couple of hours on a Saturday morning yes, but his main job is the news guy at BBC Radio Berkshire on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

There was a £58 million lottery pay out last night. Haven't checked my ticket yet but if I won then I will pay all of HH costs to set up his own network or show lol.

Let me see about those odds. Ah 45 million to 1, but doable.

Gledders

Faustina

Quote from: bellNwhistle on January 09, 2016, 09:57:43 AM
This is nothing do to with Heather, but I would listen to Howard every night. I love his voice, and I think he has what it takes.

I agree.  He's well versed on many topics, smart, personable and his voice is like a hot knife sliding through butter.  (The luscious English accent doesn't hurt).  Plus, he has many, many years of experience as a radio host.  Also, he's male.  Call me sexist, but I prefer to be listening to a male voice talking about creepy stuff late in the night. 

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Soylentblue on January 09, 2016, 02:48:48 PM
Or could it be that in the business, anything associated with Bell is radioactive.

jjsmooth

HH mentioned on his latest episode (starting around 2:55 to 5:30) that he was indeed offered an Art-related gig (presumably at DMDN), but turned it down because he would have had to self-fund the project.

Gledders

Seems to me that HH covered it well in his latest episode. Would have been so easy to sink to the same level of mudslinging. What he has done is left the door open for future possibilities and comms between Art and him. His podcast deserves success.

Gledders

jjsmooth

Indeed. His professional handling of the situation was a welcome contrast to the ongoing MitD/DMDN saga.

bellNwhistle

I realize the network doesn't bring in enough to pay HH what he rightly deserves (IMO)..  but he (as I'm listening to his latest now) doesn't seem upset or disenchanted with the network or anything. He's still very much a fan of Art Bell.  :)

For HH- keep up the good work! I hope you get more donations to your program. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: bellNwhistle on January 17, 2016, 09:39:20 AM
I realize the network doesn't bring in enough to pay HH what he rightly deserves (IMO)..  but he (as I'm listening to his latest now) doesn't seem upset or disenchanted with the network or anything. He's still very much a fan of Art Bell.  :)

For HH- keep up the good work! I hope you get more donations to your program.

DMRN isn't his primary distribution network, they just carry his show. I doubt if any money is exchanged. 

Danger!UFO

Quote from: Gledders on January 16, 2016, 04:49:54 AM
Seems to me that HH covered it well in his latest episode. Would have been so easy to sink to the same level of mudslinging. What he has done is left the door open for future possibilities and comms between Art and him. His podcast deserves success.

Gledders

Agreed! Initially I thought of it as an update. Now I can see how a professional like Howard handles things. Keith (and everyone) can take a lesson from Howard. Continued success, Howard!

Spinner

Gotta catch up with the last two editions of The Unexplained:
Jan. 16 - Giants
Jan. 27 - Remote Viewing Adolf Hitler

http://theunexplained.tv/

bellNwhistle

Art told MV on GabCast that Howard wasn't "going for it", with the whole doing a show for 3 hours before MITD.  Howard responded to this in his last podcast (the one with Peter Robbins), stating that it wasn't that he wasn't interested. He financially just cannot do the show the way Art would like him to do it. He wanted to make sure he got his side of the story out there... but still has much respect for Art.

cweb

Quote from: bellNwhistle on February 13, 2016, 08:15:03 PM
Art told MV on GabCast that Howard wasn't "going for it", with the whole doing a show for 3 hours before MITD.  Howard responded to this in his last podcast (the one with Peter Robbins), stating that it wasn't that he wasn't interested. He financially just cannot do the show the way Art would like him to do it. He wanted to make sure he got his side of the story out there... but still has much respect for Art.
Howard also inferred that it would have created a schedule conflict with his regular job. He would not have been able to make ends meet.

His response was civil and classy, as always. I'm glad he left open the door for potentially working with Art in the future. I do hope that Howard's show continues to grow. Throughout all this mess, he's been nothing but professional.

Auslandia

His latest one with some dude called Merrill Fankhauser and his quest to surf to the lost continent of Mu was quite interesting. Lol

zeebo

Quote from: Auslandia on February 27, 2016, 07:55:42 AM
His latest one with some dude called Merrill Fankhauser and his quest to surf to the lost continent of Mu was quite interesting. Lol

Sounds great - reminds me of the guy on Gilligan's Island who surfed back to Hawaii.  I'll have to check that one out.