• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Guests That QUACK!

Started by Oversoul, April 18, 2012, 02:18:53 AM

b_dubb

Has anyone else heard stories about Steven Greer charging people money to take a photo of them inside an invisible UFO?  These are people who have already paid to be on one of Greer's alien/ufo safari trips.

The balls on this guy.  At least he isn't practicing medicine anymore.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: b_dubb on March 08, 2014, 12:38:53 PM
Has anyone else heard stories about Steven Greer charging people money to take a photo of them inside an invisible UFO?  These are people who have already paid to be on one of Greer's alien/ufo safari trips.

The balls on this guy.  At least he isn't practicing medicine anymore.

I'm not sure if I read it correctly, but I thought I'd seen where he charges $400 for two nights UFO watching, shining beacons at the sky attracting the occupants...apparently. There's another charlatan with a beard who does the same. The incredible thing is, neither is short of the customers gullible.

Abby Normal

Tonight's guest - Paul von Ward, "cosmologist."  I looked for von Ward's credentials on his website but he doesn't seem to list any.  If he has a Ph.D. in astronomoy or theoretical physics, wouldn't he list it on his website?

Gosh, could it be?  Is Coast to Coast giving us another load of pseudoscience tonight from another unqualified QUACK?

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on March 08, 2014, 02:38:31 PM
I'm not sure if I read it correctly, but I thought I'd seen where he charges $400 for two nights UFO watching, shining beacons at the sky attracting the occupants...apparently. There's another charlatan with a beard who does the same. The incredible thing is, neither is short of the customers gullible.

I think James Gilliland is the shyster you're referring to. It's embarrassing that this is occurring in my state.  ::)

http://www.eceti.org/Eceti.IndexII.html

astroguy

Quote from: Abby Normal on May 17, 2014, 08:49:25 AM
Tonight's guest - Paul von Ward, "cosmologist."  I looked for von Ward's credentials on his website but he doesn't seem to list any.  If he has a Ph.D. in astronomoy or theoretical physics, wouldn't he list it on his website?

Gosh, could it be?  Is Coast to Coast giving us another load of pseudoscience tonight from another unqualified QUACK?

His bio on the C2C website changes depending on the show.  Last time (1/15/2012) he was an "independent scholar and creator of the Reincarnation Experiment."  This time, he's a "cultural historian and cosmologist."  He "wrote [his book] from the perspective of a psychologist and interdisciplinary cosmologist."  His website states he's an "interdisciplinary cosmologist and independent scholar."

So, I don't think they're making claims that he has a scholarly background, and his CV on his website states that his degrees are BA in social sciences, MPA in public administration & psychology, and "DPA doctoral program courses" meaning he never finished otherwise it would say he got a degree.

yumyumtree

Yes, this is starting to bother me. I try to find some unbiased information on a guest that isn't their own website or the C to C website but isn't a clearly hostile site like quackwatch or skepdic either. If they aren't important enough to have Wikipedia pages it can be tough.

yumyumtree

Quote from: Oversoul on May 01, 2012, 01:37:53 AM
This Marshall Masters who's guesting tonight is a FOUR QUACKER:

He has been pushing his Planet X theory for ages, and has been into the business of preaching survivalism after a megadose of catatrophobic fear mongering at the same time.  Just what planet Earth needs: another QUACK!
Hey, whadya knwo, this guest is on right now, tonight. I'm sure that some thought it would be Marshall Mathers, you know, Eminem.

albrecht

Quote from: yumyumtree on May 21, 2015, 11:43:55 PM
Hey, whadya knwo, this guest is on right now, tonight. I'm sure that some thought it would be Marshall Mathers, you know, Eminem.
Hey, he runs a "science based organization" "check out his website" are you one of the "paid disinformation state operatives out of the City of London, which is a city state, or the Vatican?"
Quotes from last night.