• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 27, 2018, 10:55:08 AM
Dave became the full time host in January 2003

The Day the Earth Stood Still

ItsTelly

I'm not sure why they limit access to the archives.  That is the only reason I subscribe to streamlink or whatever they call it now.

One weekend I think they opened it up for 10 years; now, mp3 downloads are limited to 5 years.  Not sure why...

Telly

Jackstar

I feel sad that Art doesn't get to talk with Clif High. This seems like a tragic waste.

ge30542

Quote from: Jackstar on February 04, 2018, 02:13:42 AM
I feel sad that Art doesn't get to talk with Clif High. This seems like a tragic waste.
^last ever Bellgab post^

Thanks for the mammaries.
From the High Desert, Goodnight America.

Remember this guy?!?!

Robert

Quote from: nooryisawesome on February 10, 2018, 02:55:30 PM

Remember this guy?!?!
Has Neal/Neil really gotten that fat?  I haven't seen him in yrs.

Quote from: Robert on February 10, 2018, 09:01:56 PM
Has Neal/Neil really gotten that fat?  I haven't seen him in yrs.

Well, the camera does add 10 pounds

Brody

From a Fans of Art Bell Facebook page:

QuoteQuoting Anonymous:

"So this is pretty interesting and its buzzing around some of the Art Bell/C2C forums. I heard about it in one of my top secret Art show trading groups. But, recently, Art, and some of his HAM radio buddy's admitted that some of the more famous callers on the show, such as JC Webster, The Area 51 caller, Mel Waters, pretty much all the strange recurring callers you can name, were Arts ham radio friends and they would plan out the calls and characters before hand. Some people seem up in arms about it, but it does not bother me much, as I always thought a lot of those callers were kind of staged anyways."

Jackstar

Quote from: Brody on February 11, 2018, 02:34:31 AM
its buzzing around some of the Art Bell/C2C forums

What other Bell forums are there? Honestly puzzled here.

Corona Kitty

I think a lot of people knew those calls were planted.

paladin1991

I'm pretty sure that ART never presented his show as a hard news outlet.

Lunger

There are people that think these guys are for real?

albrecht

Art made light of stalkers and paranoia:  "folks skulking around in the desert" "men with guns in fatigues" and said he didn't mind when people come to Parump and even claimied he "had nothing to hide" and didn't care if the government was tapping his, and LMH's, phones but objected to the surveillance on principle Constitutionally.
09-July-95 Paranoid People OL show.

ItsOver

I hope Art's having better luck finding his stalker than OJ's having in finding Nicole's killer.

albrecht

I think Mr.Fidget was real caller/person.

Jackstar

Quote from: ge30542 on February 07, 2018, 10:36:28 PM
          ^last ever Bellgab post^

Quote from: Jackstar on February 11, 2018, 02:37:03 AM
What other Bell forums are there? Honestly puzzled here.

Relax, Kids. I will always be with you.

Probably some Noory fan trying explain why Noory sucks in comparison. Those rumors have been around forever, though. I honestly thought Art is just better at getting weirdos than Noory. Noory says they don't screen calls but they do, I think the process of that is what weeds out all the psychos.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: nooryisawesome on February 12, 2018, 06:41:40 PM
Probably some Noory fan trying explain why Noory sucks in comparison. Those rumors have been around forever, though. I honestly thought Art is just better at getting weirdos than Noory. Noory says they don't screen calls but they do, I think the process of that is what weeds out all the psychos.

The psychos are why I used to listen. ::)

Kolchak

Remember this guy?!?!

Don't type his full name or else he'll appear. He's like beetlejuice, but with google alerts.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 12, 2018, 06:43:22 PM
The psychos are why I used to listen. ::)

Yet you won't listen to Dietrich    8)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 12, 2018, 07:02:11 PM
Yet you won't listen to Dietrich    8)

I was speaking colloquially. I didn't mean literal psychos. ;D

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 12, 2018, 07:06:54 PM
I was speaking colloquially. I didn't mean literal psychos. ;D

In any event, it is probably a wise choice on your part.  I'm rather alarmed that when I do an image search on
'Douglas Dietrich' in google, Debbie Harry shows up about halfway down the list. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 12, 2018, 07:11:03 PM
In any event, it is probably a wise choice on your part.  I'm rather alarmed that when I do an image search on
'Douglas Dietrich' in google, Debbie Harry shows up about halfway down the list.

The Blondie jokes are the only reason I visit his thread. ;)

chefist

Remember this guy?!?!

I loved that show...best laughs in years...how many uses for, "Alongside Night" can you invent?

Robert

Quote from: Kolchak on February 12, 2018, 06:57:41 PMDon't type his full name or else he'll appear. He's like beetlejuice, but with google alerts.
I don't even know Neil/Neal's full 1st given name, since he just went by the initial J.  He's mostly a friend of friends Ralph & Kathy, the Fucetolas.  1st time thru I caught his episode of Twilight Zone by chance, stayed tuned (Because how many people have even heard of the Anti-Federalists?), caught his credit at the end, called them at home, & he was there visiting them, watching together.

Alongside Night was a very good novel but didn't age well -- a thing of its time.  Still I recommend you read it as a period piece if nothing else.  It was a bit of fun for insiders too as we could see who the characters corresponded to IRL.

Lord Grantham

I'm going to be passing through Pahrump later this year. Where's the best place to buy firecrackers?

paladin1991

Quote from: Lord Grantham on February 14, 2018, 03:58:38 PM
I'm going to be passing through Pahrump later this year. Where's the best place to buy firecrackers?

Got a possible source for you.  Call ART BELL.  He might have some left over.

Quote from: Lord Grantham on February 14, 2018, 03:58:38 PM

What Paladin said.

If you happen to be driving around in Nevada and pass thru Tonopah check out both the Clown Motel and the Mizpah Hotel.
General freakiness at the first place and the second one is supposed to be haunted.

ge30542

Art, aparently a coronal mass ejection occurred sunday, expected to reach us early Thursday.
Maybe yourself and Professor Kaku can appear on MITD tonight and tell us what to expect.
What do you say?