• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Juan

I’m not sure George is an insult to the intelligence of the audience he has remaining. At least the callers.

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 11, 2018, 12:34:47 AM
Is he saying he's involved, or just a dunce?
The latter's a given but he does have an interest in "the high seas."

ItsOver

Quote from: Rico999 on February 11, 2018, 01:18:10 AM
I don't know if George just lies for the hell of it or is so used to winging it when he doesn't know WTF he's talking about that it's just part of his schtick, but at the end of the show -- around the time of the strange remarks about Natalie Wood's death -- George was talking with a caller about James Dean and told the caller that there's a memorial on the road where he was killed and that he's "been on that road." 

He told the caller it was on Mulholland Drive between Laurel Canyon Blvd and Coldwater Canyon Ave, which runs along the crest above Hollywood to the south and the San Fernando Valley to the north..  Well he's full of shit!  Dean was killed about 175 miles north of LA on a road leading to (or from) Paso Robles near a little crossroads called Cholame. 

What the hell's wrong with this guy anyway?  For years, night after night, he's continued to say the lamest, stupidest things, that are an insult to the intelligence of his listening audience, yet he endures.   It's a shame.

And don't even get me started on that damned "news" segment where it seems that whenever I tune in, some poor little kid gets squashed under a steamroller or falls off a 200 foot cliff or gets brained by meteorite or some awful thing.  He's a dope AND a ghoul if you ask me...
You are correct about Dean's accident location.  Ha, ha, ha, who knows how Jorch came up with his usual lame story.  The "news" segment?  Yeeewww mean "Here's whut's happeneen?"  ;D

Gd5150

He told the caller it was on Mulholland Drive between Laurel Canyon Blvd and Coldwater Canyon Ave, which runs along the crest above Hollywood to the south and the San Fernando Valley to the north..  Well he's full of shit!

Terrible. Everyone knows Dean died with Marilyn Monroe on their way to the Elvis Comeback ‘78 concert at Folsom prison. I’ve seeeeeeeen the memorial.

Pretty good open lines segment.  Cleopatra-reincarnated called and said she inherited Cleopatra's curse. When asked to elaborate she said her high school demanded she give back her homecoming queen crown(which she assumed she would be able to keep) The horror! Also the guy who advocates people blow pot smoke in their dogs face called.

Robert

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 10, 2018, 11:41:59 PMGeorge made one of his strangest remarks ever last night in response to an open lines caller (Nancy) who asked him to comment on Robert Wagner being named a person of interest in the death of Natalie Wood.  He talked about how he couldn't comment on an open, on-going investigation,
OK, Sheriff N.  That's funny enough by itself, but...
Quotethen what a tragedy her death had been.  He closed the call by saying Natalie Wood was "a tremendous growth."

What the Hell was that suppose to mean?
My 1st thought would be that she was a large tumor.

I'm guessing he started to say "girl", then decided that was inappropriate (even though she started as a child actor), & then the only word he could complete the "gur" sound with was that.  Quick thinking, Sheriff N.!

albrecht

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on February 11, 2018, 01:16:50 PM
Pretty good open lines segment.  Cleopatra-reincarnated called and said she inherited Cleopatra's curse. When asked to elaborate she said her high school demanded she give back her homecoming queen crown(which she assumed she would be able to keep) The horror! Also the guy who advocates people blow pot smoke in their dogs face called.
Norry wastes so much "talent" because he hates open lines and callers. Art could've made a fun show with the Cleopatra-reincarnated caller and also with the claimed daughter of Carmen Miranda and Cesar Romero.

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on February 11, 2018, 08:13:20 PM
Norry wastes so much "talent" because he hates open lines and callers. Art could've made a fun show with the Cleopatra-reincarnated caller ...

Generally his best contribution to such opportunities is "Hmm .. interesting take".

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on February 11, 2018, 08:44:17 PM
Generally his best contribution to such opportunities is "Hmm .. interesting take".
Yep, so lazy he even just cribs responses from insipid sports talk radio: "interesting take." The potential of some callers turning into good radio are still there for good radio but not with Norry as a host.

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on February 11, 2018, 08:44:17 PM
Or "Next caller... Annie in Alabama."

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on February 11, 2018, 09:19:53 PM
Or "Next caller... Annie in Alabama."

Haha or "Hey, we've got Corny on the line!"

Jojo

I don't know if George just lies for the hell of it or is so used to winging it when he doesn't know WTF he's talking about that it's just part of his schtick, but at the end of the show -- around the time of the strange remarks about Natalie Wood's death -- George was talking with a caller about James Dean and told the caller that there's a memorial on the road where he was killed and that he's "been on that road." 

He told the caller it was on Mulholland Drive between Laurel Canyon Blvd and Coldwater Canyon Ave, which runs along the crest above Hollywood to the south and the San Fernando Valley to the north..  Well he's full of shit!  Dean was killed about 175 miles north of LA on a road leading to (or from) Paso Robles near a little crossroads called Cholame. 

What the hell's wrong with this guy anyway?  For years, night after night, he's continued to say the lamest, stupidest things, that are an insult to the intelligence of his listening audience, yet he endures.   It's a shame.

And don't even get me started on that damned "news" segment where it seems that whenever I tune in, some poor little kid gets squashed under a steamroller or falls off a 200 foot cliff or gets brained by meteorite or some awful thing.  He's a dope AND a ghoul if you ask me...
AND from what you say, a mixed up one!

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on February 11, 2018, 09:25:39 PM
Haha or "Hey, we've got Corny on the line!"
And when he forces Corny on the guest who are forced to laugh along with Norry at his personal Stepin Fetchit saying his lines. Having said that I wish Cornelius the best in the upcoming election.

Gd5150

Quote from: albrecht on February 11, 2018, 09:19:08 PM
Yep, so lazy he even just cribs responses from insipid sports talk radio: "interesting take." The potential of some callers turning into good radio are still there for good radio but not with Norry as a host.

Haha!!! I wanna hear Noory do a huge call of the day segment. “Rack him!”

Gd5150

Quote from: Gd5150 on February 11, 2018, 09:54:51 PM
Haha!!! I wanna hear Noory do a huge call of the day segment. “Rack him!”
Noory going full millennial...

George: “and we go to Mel west of the Rockies”

Mel: “Wassssuuuuuuup, this is Mel from the 509. Yo G money, I got this huge hole in my backyard that I’ve lowered 27,000 feet of fishing line into. Get me a keg of 805 double IPA”

George: “get this guy a keg! Rack him!”

ItsOver

Quote from: Gd5150 on February 11, 2018, 10:03:08 PM

Mel: “Wassssuuuuuuup, this is Mel from the 509. Yo G money, I got this huge hole in my backyard that I’ve lowered 27,000 feet of fishing line into. Get me a keg of 805 double IPA”

Ha!  I'm sure Jorch loves this Jim Rome story:

The Rome Family "Dog Holocaust"' - While he was in college, Rome came home one summer and noticed that the family's three elderly dogs were not around the house or in his yard. When questioned about the pets, his father answered, "The dogs are gone." Thinking that they were just merely running loose in the neighborhood, Rome continued to ask where they were, and his father continued to reply, "They're gone." Finally, his father disclosed that one of the dogs had become ill and had to be euthanized, and he decided to have the other two put down as well.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on February 11, 2018, 09:48:10 PM
And when he forces Corny on the guest who are forced to laugh along with Norry at his personal Stepin Fetchit saying his lines. Having said that I wish Cornelius the best in the upcoming election.

So does he have to offer equal time to the opposition?  Is this considered an “in-kind” contribution?  Corny better brush up on campaign finance law.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 11, 2018, 10:51:12 PM
So does he have to offer equal time to the opposition?  Is this considered an “in-kind” contribution?  Corny better brush up on campaign finance law.
We are talking about LA here. There are likely bigger corruption issues involved. And you got all that French/Spanish civil law stuff there. Corny is the man to drain that swamp! "Vote for the crook, it's important."- to borrow a slogan used by Edwards against Duke.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 11, 2018, 10:51:12 PM

http://www.thetowntalk.com/story/news/2018/01/27/alexandria-felon-free-run-city-marshal-position/1062419001/

Hell, I'd send the guy a $10 campaign donation just to get a "Corny for Marshal" bumper sticker/campaign button.  Who's with me?

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 11, 2018, 11:13:00 PM
http://www.thetowntalk.com/story/news/2018/01/27/alexandria-felon-free-run-city-marshal-position/1062419001/
Yep, I didn't want to post his name here before but since he has on radio and is running for public office. He also was pictured in some article mourning killed cops at a service.
Again. We are talking LA. Criminality, questionable backgrounds, wild-eyed theories, and even convictions are presumed, corruption is just a matter of course.

was hoping for some Knapp time. wow, what a great name for a late night radio show, Knapp Time. George deserves his own show.

this Dave Schrader(sp?) guy isn't offensive at least like Jimmy Church and Connie Willis are.

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on February 12, 2018, 12:45:18 AM
was hoping for some Knapp time. wow, what a great name for a late night radio show, Knapp Time. George deserves his own show.

this Dave Schrader(sp?) guy isn't offensive at least like Jimmy Church and Connie Willis are.
Dave is his own dude.  In the past, he seemed too edgy but in the last couple years he has mellowed nicely.

What's wrong with Connie?  I like her.

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on February 12, 2018, 12:45:18 AM

Schrader's not bad at all.  Too bad Knapp has his day job keeping him busy.  Church is a slime ball and Willis is a goofy pothead, which doesn't make for good radio.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Gd5150 on February 11, 2018, 10:03:08 PM

Maybe Jorch would benefit from an English as a second language course his first language being Jibberish and all. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on February 12, 2018, 11:51:12 AM
Maybe Jorch would benefit from an English as a second language course his first language being Jibberish and all.
Even with the course, I'd bet Jorch wouldn't "get it," like he doesn't get most things.

Quote from: ItsOver on February 12, 2018, 12:28:21 PM
Even with the course, I'd bet Jorch wouldn't "get it," like he doesn't get most things.

Isn't George noted for bringing up ideas in class that the rest of the world won't be aware of for decades?  Mainly in scientific fields, but the other subjects as well. 

If George were to take a conversational English class, no doubt he would introduce words, slang, and pronunciation that wouldn't be in circulation until years later.  Perhaps that's what he's doing on the show now.

George in 2045:  ''I was pronouncing theatre ''thurder'' years ago, when no one else was''

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 12, 2018, 12:42:45 PM
Isn't George noted for bringing up ideas in class that the rest of the world won't be aware of for decades?  Mainly in scientific fields, but the other subjects as well. 

If George were to take a conversational English class, no doubt he would introduce words, slang, and pronunciation that wouldn't be in circulation until years later.  Perhaps that's what he's doing on the show now.

George in 2045:  ''I was pronouncing theatre ''thurder'' years ago, when no one else was''
Ha!  That's one way of looking at Jorch.  He's such a hot mess, I'm not sure anybody "gets him."

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 11, 2018, 11:13:00 PM

9 months in prison for threatening people through a fax machine. Why am I not surprised. Perhaps they misunderstood his Bibles bullets beans gold guns get ready schtick letterhead as some coded threat