George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Jojo

Quote from: username on February 10, 2018, 01:36:22 AM
Cocaine is a hell of a drug
Did you mean to put that in this GNS thread?  Seems more like a random topics thread?

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Jojo on February 10, 2018, 01:48:56 AM
Did you mean to put that in this GNS thread?  Seems more like a random topics thread?

Not when you're talking about psychic cat ladies

Morgus

Cleopatra Jefferson, poor girl had her Homecoming Queen crown taken away from her.

she's black right?

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on February 09, 2018, 09:36:58 PM
Earlier this week, I recall Noory mentioning past guest John Anthony West has passed away and I immediately thought that means I bet Noory will be skipping out early Friday night for playing an old tape of part of a past interview at the end of the show as a "tribute"
Why are they always on Friday nights?  Oh, that's right, Jorch can get an early start on another one of his weekend "speshial assignments."  ::)

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on February 10, 2018, 08:54:01 AM
Why are they always on Friday nights?  Oh, that's right, Jorch can get an early start on another one of his weekend "speshial assignments."  ::)

As mentioned before....how did they kidnap Art's family? A typical Disneyland visit trick job? Was the ransom another quitting? And he really should not grope the little girl. It is creepy. #metoo.

NoMoreNoory

Responding to Joorch's enquiry, Winkowski said she recorded the audiobook of her latest oeuvre. This led Noory to say that he recorded the audiobook of his first book - 'that I wrote with Bill Birnes' - Worker In The Light. Joorch said he thought it would be 'a breeze'. Instead, he said, it was 'the worst experience of my life', which, on the face of it, would seem to be a strange claim for a professional broadcaster. The problem, it would seem, was the presence in the studio of an ominous creature called a 'director'. This malign entity kept insisting that Fumblegums keep re-recording things. Oh, to have been the proverbial on the wall!

'Sorry, George. Could we try that again?'
'Why?'
'Well, I was a bit worried about the word 'happening' in that last sentence.'
'Because...?'
'Well, 'happening' ends in i-n-g, ing, 'happening', but you seemed to be saying 'happeneen', which sounds very odd. There was also a 'going' in the preceding sentence that sounded to me like 'goeen'.'

'Why?'
'Well, I was a bit worried about the word 'always' in that last sentence. To me, it sounded more like 'ow-weeze', which sounds rather odd.'

'What now?'
'Well, there was a bit of a hesitation and a stumble over the month in that last sentence: February...'

I wonder if anyone kept the raw tapes? Orson Welles would have nothing on that!

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on February 10, 2018, 12:13:20 PM
... I wonder if anyone kept the raw tapes? Orson Welles would have nothing on that!

OMG!  I had no idea such an object existed.  An audio book of George Noory's Wanker in the Light, narrated by George Noory.  Lol

Reminds me of an old SNL skit of Dan Aykroyd as Nixon, alone, pacing, reading the first lines of his own autobiography, ''I was borrn in the house my faather built...''

albrecht

Responding to Joorch's enquiry, Winkowski said she recorded the audiobook of her latest oeuvre. This led Noory to say that he recorded the audiobook of his first book - 'that I wrote with Bill Birnes' - Worker In The Light. Joorch said he thought it would be 'a breeze'. Instead, he said, it was 'the worst experience of my life', which, on the face of it, would seem to be a strange claim for a professional broadcaster. The problem, it would seem, was the presence in the studio of an ominous creature called a 'director'. This malign entity kept insisting that Fumblegums keep re-recording things. Oh, to have been the proverbial on the wall!

'Why?'
'Because...?'
'Well, 'happening' ends in i-n-g, ing, 'happening', but you seemed to be saying 'happeneen', which sounds very odd. There was also a 'going' in the preceding sentence that sounded to me like 'goeen'.'

'Why?'
'Well, I was a bit worried about the word 'always' in that last sentence. To me, it sounded more like 'ow-weeze', which sounds rather odd.'

'What now?'
'Well, there was a bit of a hesitation and a stumble over the month in that last sentence: February...'

Hahaha. That recording would be hilarious. Especially due to Norry's frequent mispronunciations and stumbling over words and common idioms but also it would've been the first time he read the book that Birnes wrote. What a perfect Valentine's Day gift for the person you love. A "powerful" (get Norry to say that a few times) gift.

ItsOver

'Why?'
'Because...?'

'Why?'

'What now?'

LOL.  Beautiful.  The raw tapes would be gold.  Jorch could scam even more bucks for "Wanker in The Light." :)

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on February 10, 2018, 01:06:27 PM
Hahaha. That recording would be hilarious. Especially due to Norry's frequent mispronunciations and stumbling over words and common idioms but also it would've been the first time he read the book that Birnes wrote. What a perfect Valentine's Day gift for the person you love. A "powerful" (get Norry to say that a few times) gift.

Order within the next 60 minutes and we will include a bonus CD, “Georgie Does Frank”. Only pay shippeen and handleeen.

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 10, 2018, 01:36:04 PM
Order within the next 60 minutes and we will include a bonus CD, “Georgie Does Frank”. Only pay shippeen and handleeen.
Ha!  "Wait, there's even more!  You'll also get your very own "Holiday Magic Coast Style" CD!  We still have a shitload of these left and now we can unload them as part of this very "speshial" package!"

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on February 10, 2018, 01:44:53 PM
Ha!  "Wait, there's even more!  You'll also get your very own "Holiday Magic Coast Style" CD!  We still have a shitload of these left and now we can unload them as part of this very "speshial" package!"
Maybe Glenn can get back on his wife's good side this Valentine's Day by ordering her Norry's audio version of Birnes's book?

1.0 out of 5 starsShame on Coast To Coast for posting this to their listeners! Total Junk!ByGlennon February 5, 2015Format: Audio CD|Verified PurchaseThat really sucked. One song worth listening to, otherwise total junk. Shame on Coast To Coast for saying it was a good album. My wife just laughed at me for ordering it. NG!

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on February 10, 2018, 10:47:44 AM
As mentioned before....how did they kidnap Art's family? A typical Disneyland visit trick job? Was the ransom another quitting? And he really should not grope the little girl. It is creepy. #metoo.
I'm not sure how Jorch did it but it's obvious from the photo, he succeeded in finding Art's "shecret" wine cellar, too.

Jojo

GravitySucks

Offer expirals at the end of Feb.

Yeah, well, I'm holding out for the Midnight Snacks audiobook

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 10, 2018, 06:52:13 PM
Yeah, well, I'm holding out for the Midnight Snacks audiobook

Bill Birnes needs to start writing sleazy pulp novels to get his self-respect back.

Uncle Duke

George made one of his strangest remarks ever last night in response to an open lines caller (Nancy) who asked him to comment on Robert Wagner being named a person of interest in the death of Natalie Wood.  He talked about how he couldn't comment on an open, on-going investigation, then what a tragedy her death had been.  He closed the call by saying Natalie Wood was "a tremendous growth."

What the Hell was that suppose to mean?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 10, 2018, 11:41:59 PM
George made one of his strangest remarks ever last night in response to an open lines caller (Nancy) who asked him to comment on Robert Wagner being named a person of interest in the death of Natalie Wood.  He talked about how he couldn't comment on an open, on-going investigation, then what a tragedy her death had been.  He closed the call by saying Natalie Wood was "a tremendous growth."

Sounds like a case of mush mouth.

albrecht

I was holding out listening for leaf raking tomorrow but got show from interwebs but posit without listened, yet, seeing her as as girl in "47th Street"  ;) who was "mean" and " not "beleeefable"of Santa and then seeing her as woman? And his idea of wanting to be a Hollywood celebrity>

George made one of his strangest remarks ever last night in response to an open lines caller (Nancy) who asked him to comment on Robert Wagner being named a person of interest in the death of Natalie Wood.  He talked about how he couldn't comment on an open, on-going investigation...

Is he saying he's involved, or just a dunce?

Jojo

My replay and a quick Google search on Natalie Wood pinup leads me to think he just meant his appendage was growing as he thought of her, judging by how his voice drops an octave when he compliments her.

Although he probably meant growth in the unsolved death case. 

If 100 people just came fwd, then they should be prosecuted for obstruction of justice all these years.

Rico999

I don't know if George just lies for the hell of it or is so used to winging it when he doesn't know WTF he's talking about that it's just part of his schtick, but at the end of the show -- around the time of the strange remarks about Natalie Wood's death -- George was talking with a caller about James Dean and told the caller that there's a memorial on the road where he was killed and that he's "been on that road." 

He told the caller it was on Mulholland Drive between Laurel Canyon Blvd and Coldwater Canyon Ave, which runs along the crest above Hollywood to the south and the San Fernando Valley to the north..  Well he's full of shit!  Dean was killed about 175 miles north of LA on a road leading to (or from) Paso Robles near a little crossroads called Cholame. 

What the hell's wrong with this guy anyway?  For years, night after night, he's continued to say the lamest, stupidest things, that are an insult to the intelligence of his listening audience, yet he endures.   It's a shame.

And don't even get me started on that damned "news" segment where it seems that whenever I tune in, some poor little kid gets squashed under a steamroller or falls off a 200 foot cliff or gets brained by meteorite or some awful thing.  He's a dope AND a ghoul if you ask me...

Dateline

He had the directions to Dean's auto crash read to him out of an LA travel brochure that was left at the stay-a-day or a hour in a L.A. dive hotel. 

He heard those directions, and in his mind they are gospel.

Dateline

A tremendous growth: he dumped a load in excitement, and in "Gramper Pamper's" world he was held in check. Stay dry, Gramper's is nigh!