• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on January 27, 2018, 05:39:22 PM
At some point he really should take the "glass of tap water for his friend" his orders them because all that drinking of wine will lead to a mean hangover and dehydration.
I agree.

Parris001

I've cancelled my Coast subscription and I couldn't be happier about my decision. I still slip in and get that little free piece of Coast over on iHeart radio. I sit back and listen, and its like WTF!?!?!?! They could at least give you 30 minutes of quality content. Instead, total garbage.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Parris001 on January 28, 2018, 08:22:24 PM
I've cancelled my Coast subscription and I couldn't be happier about my decision. I still slip in and get that little free piece of Coast over on iHeart radio. I sit back and listen, and its like WTF!?!?!?! They could at least give you 30 minutes of quality content. Instead, total garbage.

Please donate your coast subscription dollars to Falkie. He lost his rent check.

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 28, 2018, 08:24:35 PM
Please donate your coast subscription dollars to Falkie. He lost his rent check.
Don't forget MV.  BellGab is calling.

Robert

Quote from: ItsOver on January 28, 2018, 08:41:36 PMDon't forget MV.  BellGab is calling.
I thought Las Vegas was calling.  At least, that's what the ad on C2C said.

That was one of the most misleading ad series on radio.  When it 1st aired, I thought it was just some promotion of Las Vegas by Las Vegas with Noory interviewing somebody from a tourist council.  It was a while before they changed the ads to give the listener a chance to find out they were for time shares.

Parris001

If it weren't for Jojo this entire thread would die. Which speaks volumes as to how totally irrelevant Norry and  Coast have become. And this website! I know a LOT of former Coast listeners that have admitted they can no longer listen to the  show.

albrecht

Quote from: Robert on January 29, 2018, 06:11:46 PM
I thought Las Vegas was calling.  At least, that's what the ad on C2C said.

That was one of the most misleading ad series on radio.  When it 1st aired, I thought it was just some promotion of Las Vegas by Las Vegas with Noory interviewing somebody from a tourist council.  It was a while before they changed the ads to give the listener a chance to find out they were for time shares.
It was London Calling but then remaining members likely fled to Boston.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjraHR9yeAI

NoMoreNoory

Bravo, Joorch! Two full Februaries in the opening 15 minutes! He must have been in training.

And now, Doc Wallet. Click.

Dateline

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on January 30, 2018, 12:19:30 AM
Bravo, Joorch! Two full Februaries in the opening 15 minutes! He must have been in training.

And now, Doc Wallet. Click.

They call it speech therapy.

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on January 30, 2018, 12:28:47 AM
The doc moved on to sex therapy!  Evidently eggs help erections...  George tried to rein him in!

Jojo

Quote from: Parris001 on January 29, 2018, 08:53:57 PM
If it weren't for Jojo this entire thread would die. Which speaks volumes as to how totally irrelevant Norry and  Coast have become. And this website! I know a LOT of former Coast listeners that have admitted they can no longer listen to the  show.
Aw, shucks!

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on January 30, 2018, 12:28:47 AM
Wowsa!  Feb You Wary!  George Noory has improved yet again!

Jojo

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 30, 2018, 01:36:26 AM
How’s Noory tonight?
His voice has a quality I don't usually notice, can't quite put my finger on it.  Maybe he took an antihistamine, haaaaaaa!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on January 30, 2018, 01:36:43 AM
Wowsa!  Feb You Wary!  George Noory has improved yet again!

You do realize that is not how is it pronounced, don’t you?

Feb Roux Airy

Dateline

Quote from: Jojo on January 30, 2018, 01:32:29 AM
The doc moved on to sex therapy!  Evidently eggs help erections...  George tried to rein him in!

Instead of stopping for a turkey sammy tonight, Norry will go in an overnight grocery and buy a few dozen of open range chicken eggs.
Next, he'll look into Tyson chicken farms. 

The next money maker on the Norry list, erections by the dozen.

Dateline

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 30, 2018, 01:51:32 AM

Feb Roux Airy

I thought it was Feb You Fairy!

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 30, 2018, 01:51:32 AM

Feb Roux Airy
Fine.  FEB-BREW-WARY! Feb-brew-wary!

Actually, either way is accepted:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/February
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/February (scroll down)

Webster's recommends Feb-you-wary because that pronunciation eliminates dissimilation (the diluting of vowels when similar ones are too close).

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on January 30, 2018, 02:25:42 AM
Instead of stopping for a turkey sammy tonight, Norry will go in an overnight grocery and buy a few dozen of open range chicken eggs.
Next, he'll look into Tyson chicken farms. 

The next money maker on the Norry list, erections by the dozen.
Please relocate this to the cuckolding thread!

Jojo

I'm not listening to a dissertation on drinking wine.  Perhaps if it were put forward clinically or with less use of the word wine over and over and over...  And sounding so enthused about it, too.  How many audience members are recovering alcoholics?  I would hate for George Noory to have someone relapse just because a guest was indiscreet.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on January 30, 2018, 02:38:33 AM
Fine.  FEB-BREW-WARY! Feb-brew-wary!

Actually, either way is accepted:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/February
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/February (scroll down)

Webster's recommends Feb-you-wary because that pronunciation eliminates dissimilation (the diluting of vowels when similar ones are too close).

Remind me Wed Nes Day

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 30, 2018, 02:29:49 AM
Are you one of those homophobistanians?

Actually if you look in the pronounciation in the dictionary, Feb-you-ary is acceptable and the more modern pronounciation but in older English it is Feb-Roo-Ary.

ItsOver

"Now yeeewww see why I like Feb.  No fuss'n and fight'n!  Feb, Feb, Feb..."

ItsOver

Quote from: Parris001 on January 29, 2018, 08:53:57 PM
If it weren't for Jojo this entire thread would die...

"I need to dye my hair orange to lure Pud."

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on January 30, 2018, 05:21:59 AM

"Now yeeewww see why I like Feb.  No fuss'n and fight'n!  Feb, Feb, Feb..."
Good one!  I've only seen him get argumentative with Hoaglund, and also with a female guest.  I don't know her name, but she has short hay-blond tight curls, is like 52, is white, tall, and wears a lot of Bangles.  Somewhere there is a long ago photo of him scowling at her and one of the shoving their finger at the other!  It is hard to imagine!  One time I found her on the C2C guest roster, but now when I look, I don't see her!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 30, 2018, 02:59:31 AM
Remind me Wed Nes Day

The only guy I ever heard pronounce it that way was George Harrison. True story. :)

ItsOver

Quote from: Jojo on January 30, 2018, 05:29:54 AM
Good one!  I've only seen him get argumentative with Hoaglund, and also with a female guest...
Jorch doesn't like to upset Ma Noory, who still listens to her gifted son. 

Ted Baxter

George has Steve Quayle on Coast.Ever notice that Steve Quayle is the only one do the talking  8)

Gd5150

Some words are just better with a You in them. Feb-YOU-Where-E. Nuke-YOU-lure. 😎