• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory sings Elvis...falling in love...

Started by Aby Normal, February 18, 2012, 10:48:13 PM

jalix1

Hi, All. Mostly a lurker but I had to comment on the latest GN endeavor on C2C.
I utilize streamlink and download podcasts daily. I was not aware of his singing career. I could not take it. I have had it. Its all over.
I just deleted my account from streamlink and removed all the XM/Sirius presets on my accounts.
I'm just going to have to find something better to listen to. C2C just plain sucks.

Aby Normal

Quote from: Agent : Orange on February 20, 2012, 07:57:37 AM

However, is the show really the best forum for this? It seems so out of place, even for this new Coast to Coast. I still can't help but feel like he's preparing the audience for something from left field with this. I think it's telling that this kind of apprehension exists in the first place. No one is sure of what lunatic move might come next.
WHAT HAPPENED

Well, I think you are on to something, cause if you listen closely again (pre-singing), listen to Tommy retort...  "I have, I have heard you done this song"....(did'nt use the word sang) and then Tommy quickly retorts again, "You told me that you sang that, but I left the wedding early..so here we go" ...(as he is forced to play the world debut, launching yet another one of George's many talents....
yes, as Agent Orange identified what was bothering me....out of place for the C2C forum. 
George has repeatedly said that he feels responsible to use the C2C platform to reach the world with important concerns.  Well, this was enough of a separation from what Art Bell established to begin with, but now...what is going on? Lisa, Tommy, and the elephant is in the room, but what to do???

BobGrau

Quote from: jalix1 on February 20, 2012, 12:31:12 PM
I utilize streamlink and download podcasts daily. I was not aware of his singing career. I could not take it. I have had it. Its all over.
I just deleted my account from streamlink and removed all the XM/Sirius presets on my accounts.
I'm just going to have to find something better to listen to. C2C just plain sucks.

Welcome! I'm sorry we all had to meet under such tragic circumstances.

Aby Normal

Quote from: BobGrau on February 20, 2012, 01:46:58 PM
Welcome! I'm sorry we all had to meet under such tragic circumstances.

lol, George no longer needs the first Sunday night of the month "Emerging Artists" for he can play his, and I quote him, "I have a whole litany of songs!"

Definition of LITANY
: a prayer consisting of a series of invocations and supplications by the leader with alternate responses by the congregation
a : a resonant or repetitive chant <a litany of cheering phrases â€" Herman Wouk> b : a usually lengthy recitation or enumeration <a familiar litany of complaints> c : a sizable series or set <a litany of problems>

BobGrau

Quote from: Aby Normal on February 20, 2012, 02:04:24 PM
Definition of LITANY
: a prayer consisting of a series of invocations and supplications by the leader with alternate responses by the congregation

Ha! Ok, George, sing away - we the congregation will join in with appropriate responses...

Morgus

Quote from: BobGrau on February 20, 2012, 09:44:17 AM
It's not Coast to Coast anymore, it's the George Noory Show. I wish they'd hurry up and change the name.
its been like that for nearly 10 years now.
they shouldn't have kept the name c2c when Noory took over.
but they were afraid of losing the original audience with a name change?

Quote from: Morgus on February 20, 2012, 02:53:16 PM
but they were afraid of losing the original audience with a name change?

That happened whether or not they intended it to...

Quote from: jalix1 on February 20, 2012, 12:31:12 PM
Ahoy!

CoastCanuck

I didn't care for this 'stunt'.  George keeps reminding us he was born in Detroit.  Well, a long time ago on a Detroit tv station, they used to play scary movies on Saturday afternoon and the host was a guy dressed up as a vampire called 'Sir Graves Ghastly'.  When I heard George sing, this was the first image that popped into my mind...  he sounds like a count, as someone else stated.   post a link on a website, dude,  and let listeners click if they want to hear you sing.   my 2 cents...

"Shall I stay? Would it be a sin?"

Yes, George, it would be a sin if you stayed, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

This is the absolute lowest this show has ever sunk. Can anyone save C2C? Anyone? Alien intervention? An act of god? A thunderbird swooping down and grabbing this Elvis wannabe?

Quote from: CoastCanuck on February 20, 2012, 06:09:13 PM
I didn't care for this 'stunt'.  George keeps reminding us he was born in Detroit.  Well, a long time ago on a Detroit tv station, they used to play scary movies on Saturday afternoon and the host was a guy dressed up as a vampire called 'Sir Graves Ghastly'.  When I heard George sing, this was the first image that popped into my mind...  he sounds like a count, as someone else stated.   post a link on a website, dude,  and let listeners click if they want to hear you sing.   my 2 cents...

happy hauntings... nyaahahahhaa

Sardondi

Let's just think what this means: a grown man went on live radio in front of millions of listeners and uber-seriously attempted and failed terribly to sing a song which 30 years ago was already cheesy lounge act fodder which was the punchline to lounge-lizard jokes. It was so wretched, and the attempt was so important to him (imagine him practicing and practicing with his home karaoke machine in his empty, sterile, lifeless apartment), that I was actually embarrassed and saddened by it. It was soooo bad, and yet George inexplicably obviously thought he was soooo good at it, that he used it to try to impress the C2C audience with his swingin', sexy pipes. Yeah, baby.

What it means is that George is horrendously out of touch with ordinary human emotions and understanding. Simple George doesn't get how ordinary people operate, how they feel, what they think. He lives encased in a plastic cocoon, shut away from real human emotion but self-deceived into believing he makes real human connections with his radio listeners. It's just sad.

Harmness

Quote from: Sardondi on February 24, 2012, 10:54:23 PM
Let's just think what this means: a grown man went on live radio in front of millions of listeners and uber-seriously attempted and failed terribly to sing a song which 30 years ago was already cheesy lounge act fodder which was the punchline to lounge-lizard jokes. It was so wretched, and the attempt was so important to him (imagine him practicing and practicing with his home karaoke machine in his empty, sterile, lifeless apartment), that I was actually embarrassed and saddened by it. It was soooo bad, and yet George inexplicably obviously thought he was soooo good at it, that he used it to try to impress the C2C audience with his swingin', sexy pipes. Yeah, baby.

You just described Garrison Keillor.

Hugo Fitch

It was equal parts sad and disturbing. From the first note on, it was a case of turn to the radio, mouth the words "what the fuh...?", and then just stare, open mouthed at the electronic vessel carrying this noise to my eardrums. I think George should be institutionalized. He sounded insane.

My ears, my ears, stop it, stop it now!

Wasn't Linda Moulton-Howe looking into strange sounds t'other night? Just sayin'

Sardondi

Quote from: Harmness on February 25, 2012, 02:15:56 PM
You just described Garrison Keillor.

No, for Keillor I'd add:

"inexplicably embittered, passive-aggressive, faux-populist, partisan hypocrite".

MV/Liberace!

i just listened to the first 60 seconds of noory singing.  i just can't believe what's happened to this show.  i did not know the producer is actually now talking on the air with noory.  when did this shit start?  and then to hear him singing on the god damned radio on top of it all?  i can't believe this is the show art bell created. 

george noory... you suck so, so hard... and your continued SUCK is why i will always retain ownership of the GeorgeNoorySucks.com domain name.  you are just shit, and i'm thrilled to have provided some sort of consolidated venue for that fact to be pointed out on a daily basis.  one of my proudest achievements.

sleeplessinca

Thanks for providing this forum, MV.  Who could have imagined that C2C could come to this?  Noorey must be drunk to have done the Elvis impersonation.  I still cringe to think of it.  Tommy must hate George to have let him do it.  Do they have a deathwish?

Quote from: sleeplessinca on February 27, 2012, 10:45:28 PM
... Tommy must hate George to have let him do it....

If I know Tommy, he's desperately trying to get in on the act.  Time to open a request line?

I Got You Babe - Sonny and Cher Top of the Pops 1965

Sardondi

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 28, 2012, 01:21:10 AM...Time to open a request line?...

The Fast Blasts might change forever...

"Uh, George? Would you sing either Born This Way or Smells Like Teen Spirit for MashedUp and RoxGrrrl? Thanks, man."

b_dubb

To the tune of "Crazy"  ...

Crazy .... Crazy for listenin' .... to Noory

HAL 9000

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 27, 2012, 02:59:16 AMi just listened to the first 60 seconds of noory singing.  i just can't believe what's happened to this show...  and then to hear him singing on the god damned radio on top of it all?  i can't believe this is the show art bell created. 

george noory... you suck so, so hard... and your continued SUCK is why i will always retain ownership of the GeorgeNoorySucks.com domain name.  you are just shit.

I'm convinced his so-called karaoke version has been digitally manipulated to make his voice sound deeper (he pulled a similar stunt a few years ago when he "impersonated" that Russian devil-worshiper - I restored that audio as best I could, and proved it was Noron).

So see the attached mp3 versions - his so-called "original," my digitally enhanced version where I raised the pitch of his voice, and finally (how could I resist) a Noron chipmunk version.

[attachment deleted by admin]

b_dubb

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 27, 2012, 02:59:16 AMgeorge noory... you suck so, so hard... and your continued SUCK is why i will always retain ownership of the GeorgeNoorySucks.com domain name.  you are just shit, and i'm thrilled to have provided some sort of consolidated venue for that fact to be pointed out on a daily basis.  one of my proudest achievements.
^^^^^applause

GreenEyedGirl

When I first heard George hyping his singing debut, I thought it was one of his weird pranks (like the forgettable "Toast To Toast" announcement on April Fool's Day). Tommy just didn't seem to have his script down pat enough for me to believe this stunt they were trying to pull off.

When I heard it, I thought..."OK, what was that all about?"

Maybe he thought he'd be like Christian Wilde (the regular turmeric and stem cell expert) who George allowed to sing on the show. (I guess he's trying to be nice and pay back these guests who come on the show for free.)

Did you hear when UFO Phil called in that night before George's big debut. George bluntly told Phil that he was dropping Phil's regular C2C theme song for one HE did. Phil seemed surprised. When he tried to be nice and ask about it, George blew him off using the excuse that he's keeping it a secret until the big reveal. George seemed pissed off at Phil. It seems Phil showed up at the studio and caused a scene, so maybe this is just George's way of punishing him. But do we all have to suffer? 

Did you also catch that George mentioned he has some new things going on in his personal life that he would be sharing soon? Instead of it being a new singing career, I'm wondering if he's dating someone now, and this song was a way of proving his love to her. That would make more sense than him just deciding to humiliate himself in front of millions.

b_dubb

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 28, 2012, 01:21:10 AMTime to open a request line?
nope. time for a cease and desist line. way passed time actually

Sardondi

Quote from: HAL 9000 on February 29, 2012, 12:49:50 AM...and finally (how could I resist) a Noron chipmunk version.

"We represent The Lollipop Guild, The Lollipop Guild, The Lollipop Guild..."

Actually, I find the Alvin version far more listenable than the lugubrious real-time original, which has all the warmth and joy of Dracula singing at a funeral.

sleeplessinca

Did George ever reveal the new things in his life that presumably this song was commemorating?  It's almost endearing that he would sing all cingeworthy-like to impress some new love.  To see some guy embarrass himself in the name of proclaiming his love is, well, music to a gold-digger's ears.

Noory is letting the producer chime in every 5 mins now? WTF? Singing also...REALLY george, REALLY?

These are dark times for old c2c listeners. WOW! not much else to say about the current quality. Still not happy about the comment noory said about not leaving the show until he "drops" ugghh!

jesus h. christ... can't we class action this motherfucker for some kind of malpractice?! malfeasance!!!!

cannabis

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!