• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Frys Girl

I have to say that I just heard Rush's rant on Romney v. Obama, and it was beautiful. That's a great campaign ad. Romney owes Mr. Limbaugh a good dinner. Wow.

Harmness

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on January 18, 2012, 01:59:47 PM

this is why i get annoyed when people complain about gridlock and herald bipartisanship as some great moral victory for us all.  gridlock and partisanship exist for a reason.  it's supposed to be FUCKING DIFFICULT to pass new laws.  when gridlock goes away and is replaced by this precious spirit of bipartisanship we're always told to believe in, we get wars, the patriot act, and the potential for the erosion of our freedoms becomes limitless.  i love it when politicians fight.  civility in politics can be very dangerous.

^^^^^

Marc.Knight

Why the fuck is facebook linked to every fucking web site on the Internet?  Fuck.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: High Strangeness on January 18, 2012, 07:18:51 PM
Why the fuck is facebook linked to every fucking web site on the Internet?  Fuck.

"fuck" is right.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Frys Girl on January 18, 2012, 02:23:59 PM
I have to say that I just heard Rush's rant on Romney v. Obama, and it was beautiful. That's a great campaign ad. Romney owes Mr. Limbaugh a good dinner. Wow.

i'm going to have to download rush's show for the last week.  haven't listened in a while.  he's always at his best during political seasons, although i've grown tired of his support for establishment republican candidates who will take us over the SAME budgetary cliff as obama... only a little more slowly. 

Frys Girl

I hate voicemail. My disdain for it is so great that I did not set it up on my mobile phone. I wish my a-hole provider At&T would discount my bill because of it.

BobGrau

It occurs to me that America, that fortified stronghold of capitalism, does not have a particularly capitalist attitude towards its politics. That's how it looks to the outsider anyway.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: BobGrau on January 19, 2012, 08:54:23 AM
It occurs to me that America, that fortified stronghold of capitalism, does not have a particularly capitalist attitude towards its politics. That's how it looks to the outsider anyway.

Well put.  Out of three hundred million people how do all of these idiots just float to the top?  We are still plagued with "dynastic, tribal thinking", e.g., Bush "the father", Bush "the son", Kennedys, ...Clintons.  We look with self-righteous disdain at foreign countries who replace Crazy Dictator Sr. with Lunatic Dictator Jr..  Yes, we as a populace can make a choice of who we vote for, but who makes the decision about what our choices are?  We're free to eat any apple we want, but we have to pick one of these three apples that we are told to choose from.  Mixed economy, mixed democracy.

lasertron

When people let their teeth touch their utensils.
Tables set improperly.
When people don't wait for the host to eat first.
When people say "anxious" when they mean "eager."
People who always explain why they do things.

-Lady Chatterly

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.669516,-112.217168

BobGrau

The way I tend to fart more after loosening my belt. Shouldn't it be the other way round?

Marc.Knight

23 year olds constantly presented as "experts" on MSNBC, CNN and FOX News.

stevesh

Dickweeds who insist on paying the <$2 for their coffee and donut at the convenience store with a credit or debit card. Carry a few bucks in cash, moron.

Gas stations who think nothing of charging me >$4 for a gallon of gasoline, but then charge me 75 cents to put air in my tires. Compressed air as a profit center ? Blow me.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: High Strangeness on January 21, 2012, 04:02:21 PM
23 year olds constantly presented as "experts" on MSNBC, CNN and FOX News.
Yeah, that tends to inspire extreme annoyance in me as well...and if they're wearing hipster glasses and the self-assured smirk that comes with them >:( , that really triggers murderous thoughts in my head.

Eddie Coyle

The media in general...all forms. Fuck 'em.

b_dubb

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 30, 2012, 03:15:04 PM

The media in general...all forms. Fuck 'em.
ummm .... Newt?  is that you?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on January 30, 2012, 03:19:01 PM
ummm .... Newt?  is that you?

No, I didn't say "liberal media" like he would. I reiterate my hatred for all of the media. From news to sports to entertainment. They all pretty much suck.

b_dubb

ok. glad we cleared that up.

i hate most of the GOP candidates. with the exception of Ron Paul

Scruff

Quote from: stevesh on January 30, 2012, 01:42:03 PM
Dickweeds who insist on paying the <$2 for their coffee and donut at the convenience store with a credit or debit card. Carry a few bucks in cash, moron.
Hey that's me!  I never carry cash anymore, you can use your debit card for anything.  Sometimes I buy gum just to get $20 cash back and avoid ATM fees.  It's only slow when people don't know how to work the pinpad - and I'm a pinpad NINJA!
On a similar topic I hate walking into a gas station and they have the $5 minimum purchase sign.  That's against the contract they sign with Visa/MC, you can't even set up the machines to process a minimum, they're just being cheap.  You wanna process sometimes you gotta eat some fees.  Also, the chuckleheads buying beer without an ID, then they want to argue with the clerk while you stand there waiting.  Nobody cares how old you look, granddad, it's the law.  How did you drive here anyway?

having empathy and antipathy at the same time toward everyone. how inscrutable is that?

stevesh

Quote from: Scruff on January 31, 2012, 12:13:54 AM
  It's only slow when people don't know how to work the pinpad

No, it's also slow when the cheap pricks who own the largest convenience store chain around here outfit their stores with dial-up access to the verification service.

The same dolts who used to make a regular run to Canada to buy quarters for their tills when Canadian money was worth less than US coin.

Eddie Coyle

That I live in a city of roughly 625,000 people...and we've had THREE mayors since 1967. FIVE since 1950. No, that doesn't lead to corruption and fiefdoms. Not at all.

Harmness

Can people from Boston understand what the mayor's saying?  The rest of us find it kind of hard.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Harmness on January 31, 2012, 04:38:49 PM
Can people from Boston understand what the mayor's saying?  The rest of us find it kind of hard.
"Mumbles" Menino speaks a language unknown to man. We found it funny at first(1993) then it became horrifying and now we're numb. We realize the world laughs at us. Not with us, at us.

McPhallus

The only time I carry cash is when I need a few greenbacks to get into summer festivals, art shows, etc.  I find I spend less money than when I have bills fattening my wallet.

Quote from: Scruff on January 31, 2012, 12:13:54 AM
Hey that's me!  I never carry cash anymore, you can use your debit card for anything.  Sometimes I buy gum just to get $20 cash back and avoid ATM fees.  It's only slow when people don't know how to work the pinpad - and I'm a pinpad NINJA!
On a similar topic I hate walking into a gas station and they have the $5 minimum purchase sign.  That's against the contract they sign with Visa/MC, you can't even set up the machines to process a minimum, they're just being cheap.  You wanna process sometimes you gotta eat some fees.  Also, the chuckleheads buying beer without an ID, then they want to argue with the clerk while you stand there waiting.  Nobody cares how old you look, granddad, it's the law.  How did you drive here anyway?

McPhallus

I've a feeling such ambivalence toward others is just part of the human condition.

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on January 31, 2012, 02:03:54 AM
having empathy and antipathy at the same time toward everyone. how inscrutable is that?

CoastCanuck

The frequent use of the word 'like' .  Many teenagers can't talk without saying 'like'.

b_dubb

Quote from: CoastCanuck on January 31, 2012, 05:58:16 PMThe frequent use of the word 'like' .  Many teenagers can't talk without saying 'like'.
i sometimes wonder what America would look/sound like had Moon Unit Zappa not released "Valley Girl".  overnight (it seemed) everyone went from being their regional/local norm to a poor approximation of some privileged brat from an LA suburb. 

anyone else recall this transformation?  it must've scared the hell out of Moon ... she never released anything ever again

stevesh

Quote from: b_dubb on February 01, 2012, 11:13:16 AM
i sometimes wonder what America would look/sound like had Moon Unit Zappa not released "Valley Girl".  overnight (it seemed) everyone went from being their regional/local norm to a poor approximation of some privileged brat from an LA suburb. 

anyone else recall this transformation?  it must've scared the hell out of Moon ... she never released anything ever again

I do, and it exists to this day, for some reason. Teenage through twenty-something girls/women seem to be incapable of saying the word 'Dad' without it coming out 'Dahhd'.

I suspect Moon Unit's dahhd realized what he had whelped and stopped her from recording again.

Harmness

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 31, 2012, 04:52:45 PM
     "Mumbles" Menino speaks a language unknown to man. We found it funny at first(1993) then it became horrifying and now we're numb. We realize the world laughs at us. Not with us, at us.

The first time I heard him, I thought, "Wow, the Mayor of Boston's deaf!"

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Harmness on February 02, 2012, 08:52:22 PM
The first time I heard him, I thought, "Wow, the Mayor of Boston's deaf!"
Nope, not deaf...just dumb.