President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

onan

Quote from: Zoo on January 10, 2016, 10:43:02 AM
I am voting for Trump because he will help destroy it all. Bring on the end!!1

Then what?

Quote from: Zoo on January 10, 2016, 10:43:02 AM
I am voting for Trump because he will help destroy it all. Bring on the end!!1

That or he is like every other presidential canidates who offered hope and change, the provided more of the same. I don't think a Rich Wall Street insider offers much hope for change.

Value Of Pi

Does anyone remember "Crack In The World?" (The world has several of those now.) I think Trump is the nuclear explosive that got lowered into the crack in order to stop its progress. It only made the problem worse.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 10, 2016, 01:40:01 PM
Does anyone remember "Crack In The World?" (The world has several of those now.) I think Trump is the nuclear explosive that got lowered into the crack in order to stop its progress. It only made the problem worse.

There's to be a debate in Parliament (because a petition exceeded the 100000 name requirement for a debate to be held, (by quite a margin!) to discuss whether to ban Trump from entering the UK: This throws up a bit of a problem for him if it goes through, because he has two golf courses in Scotland. Not to mention the laughable diplomatic stink if he was voted Pres!

Ban him? Naaa. Let him come over to have the piss taken out of him. It will be sport, and the look on his face will be a picture!  ;D

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 10, 2016, 01:45:44 PM

There's to be a debate in Parliament (because a petition exceeded the 100000 name requirement for a debate to be held, (by quite a margin!) to discuss whether to ban Trump from entering the UK: This throws up a bit of a problem for him if it goes through, because he has two golf courses in Scotland. Not to mention the laughable diplomatic stink if he was voted Pres!

Ban him? Naaa. Let him come over to have the piss taken out of him. It will be sport, and the look on his face will be a picture!  ;D

This continuing movement in the UK to ban politicians from the country based on their personality and politics is not a good trend. There are so many things wrong with it I don't know where to start. No one says you have to greet them with cheering crowds, but "shunning," a problematic social trend in general, is totally misapplied here.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 10, 2016, 02:17:46 PM

This continuing movement in the UK to ban politicians from the country based on their personality and politics is not a good trend. There are so many things wrong with it I don't know where to start. No one says you have to greet them with cheering crowds, but "shunning," a problematic social trend in general, is totally misapplied here.
I agree. As I said, I think he should be allowed over to face anyone who takes him to task. Getting all Voltaire and that! Be such fun.

I can only remember two who were banned; one was an extreme Muslim Imam, and the other was a Dutch right wing politician. Maybe there have been more, but those two stick out.

VtaGeezer

Every night Trump calls Melania and says "It's sooo amazing how resentment makes these people so stupid. It's not that they'll believe anything...they believe nothing is something".

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 10, 2016, 01:45:44 PM

Can we negotiate?   We'll keep the Trumpster and you all keep Piers Morgan,  Vickie Beckham, Justin Bieber and Russell Crowe?   [Her Majesty will have to stretch a bit for the last two and exert some Commonwealthian influence].  Deal?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: onan on January 10, 2016, 02:15:15 PM
You're some funny mf'ers.  Thanks for the laugh.
Not much of a challenge with the material coming from Trump and his support.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 10, 2016, 02:35:54 PM
Can we negotiate?   We'll keep the Trumpster and you all keep Piers Morgan,  Vickie Beckham, Justin Bieber and Russell Crowe?   [Her Majesty will have to stretch a bit for the last two and exert some Commonwealthian influence].  Deal?

Here's a thing: A few weeks ago there was an episode of 'Question Time'. It's a weekly late night BBC show that goes out, and it goes to various cities around the UK. The Chairman is David Dimbleby (son of the late great Richard), and they have a panel of five-six others, Usually a politician from the three major parties, a journo, writer, actor, professor etc...could be anyone. The questions are from the audience and the panel apparently are not pre-warned what they are.

A few weeks ago, Piers Morgan was on the panel. The question asked was 'Should Donald Trump be prevented from visiting the UK?'....One or two said yes, some said no..Piers Morgan to my astonishment said he was a friend of DT, so had to reveal an interest. He went on to say that DT is his own man, says what he feels and that's that. I was and still am amazed they'd both be friends with each other; although it makes it easy because Moron is a twat too.

I'm sorry we can't have Bieber, whatever bribes come in the package, no debate. We will have Crowe as long as he buys the rounds. The Beckhams? Nope...they stay with you.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 10, 2016, 02:22:37 PM
I agree. As I said, I think he should be allowed over to face anyone who takes him to task. Getting all Voltaire and that! Be such fun.

I can only remember two who were banned; one was an extreme Muslim Imam, and the other was a Dutch right wing politician. Maybe there have been more, but those two stick out.

Michael Savage.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 10, 2016, 02:44:34 PM
Here's a thing: A few weeks ago there was an episode of 'Question Time'. It's a weekly late night BBC show that goes out, and it goes to various cities around the UK. The Chairman is David Dimbleby (son of the late great Richard), and they have a panel of five-six others, Usually a politician from the three major parties, a journo, writer, actor, professor etc...could be anyone. The questions are from the audience and the panel apparently are not pre-warned what they are.

A few weeks ago, Piers Morgan was on the panel. The question asked was 'Should Donald Trump be prevented from visiting the UK?'....One or two said yes, some said no..Piers Morgan to my astonishment said he was a friend of DT, so had to reveal an interest. He went on to say that DT is his own man, says what he feels and that's that. I was and still am amazed they'd both be friends with each other; although it makes it easy because Moron is a twat too.

I'm sorry we can't have Bieber, whatever bribes come in the package, no debate. We will have Crowe as long as he buys the rounds. The Beckhams? Nope...they stay with you.

What if we take Clarkson off your hands?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 10, 2016, 02:54:54 PM
Michael Savage.

Oh yes...I think it was during Bliars tenure that happened. Hazel Blears (sp) was the Home Secretary. It didn't really make much of a stir but I remember it at the time. It didn't go well for him when he started slagging her off before he'd booked his flight to the UK! Bit of an idiot to do that.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 10, 2016, 02:57:27 PM
What if we take Clarkson off your hands?

Hmmm, I'm a bit torn with Clarkson. On one hand he's brilliant, irreverent, funny, very intelligent...on the other, he's a total tool, with a self destruction button. Decisions decisions.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 10, 2016, 03:02:08 PM

Hmmm, I'm a bit torn with Clarkson. On one hand he's brilliant, irreverent, funny, very intelligent...on the other, he's a total tool, with a self destruction button. Decisions decisions.

Dammit........  You people are tough.     We're your dysfunctional offspring man.   You're not rooking the Qing Dynasty out of Hong Kong here.  Cut us some slack. 

Ok the Bieber thing.  Both sides agree that is up to Johnny Canuck to deal with his ass.     More than fair, right?

We'll keep Trump and take Clarkson with provision  that he is isolated to the Detroit area and is forced to watch Ford build F150's all day long.   Fate worse than death for him.

You keep Piers, both Beckham's and Crowe [yes - he'll buy the rounds].

Deal?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 10, 2016, 03:45:34 PM
Dammit........  You people are tough.     We're your dysfunctional offspring man.   You're not rooking the Qing Dynasty out of Hong Kong here.  Cut us some slack. 

Ok the Bieber thing.  Both sides agree that is up to Johnny Canuck to deal with his ass.     More than fair, right?

We'll keep Trump and take Clarkson with provision  that he is isolated to the Detroit area and is forced to watch Ford build F150's all day long.   Fate worse than death for him.

You keep Piers, both Beckham's and Crowe [yes - he'll buy the rounds].

Deal?

I'll have to put it to SV. He deals with visas and shit.

Zoo

Quote from: ItsOver on January 10, 2016, 12:48:59 PM
1's will rule the world.

That's the plan!!1

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 10, 2016, 12:38:06 PM
That or he is like every other presidential canidates who offered hope and change, the provided more of the same. I don't think a Rich Wall Street insider offers much hope for change.

He totally is. Fact is he even said this years ago!!1

Quote from: onan on January 10, 2016, 10:50:04 AM
Then what?

Then we can reboot; unless everyone is dead  8) !!1

onan

Quote from: Zoo on January 11, 2016, 03:32:52 PM

Then we can reboot; unless everyone is dead  8) !!1

Yeah, what does that mean?

albrecht

Another somewhat bizarre quote from Trump:
"If you look at North Korea, this guy, I mean, he's like a maniac, OK? And you've got to give him credit."
Does this mean that maniacs automatically deserve credit?

Auslandia

American political candidates are so fucking bizarre lately.  I think it all started with Arnie getting elected in California.  Ever since then it's been a charade.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: albrecht on January 11, 2016, 04:39:44 PM
Another somewhat bizarre quote from Trump:
"If you look at North Korea, this guy, I mean, he's like a maniac, OK? And you've got to give him credit."
Does this mean that maniacs automatically deserve credit?
I cringe when I hear Trump et al call Kim a madman or insane.  Anyone calling him insane doesn't understand the threat from NK at all.  He's smart enough to be top scorpion in a land of scorpions.  He's a 33 y.o. nuclear power with a 2 million man army and virtual absolute rule over 23 million.  If he's nuts, then so are/were El Chapo or Escabar or Saddam Hussein or Hitler.  Yeah, they all were brought down, but at horrendous cost.

Dont count out Bush. he rising in the polls. the media loves a comeback.

GravitySucks

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 13, 2016, 07:48:43 AM
Dont count out Bush. he rising in the polls. the media loves a comeback.

If I remember my statistics correctly, it takes 1300 participants to get a 3% margin of error. 520 participants just makes for an interesting graphic.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 11, 2016, 09:40:28 PM
I cringe when I hear Trump et al call Kim a madman or insane.  Anyone calling him insane doesn't understand the threat from NK at all.  He's smart enough to be top scorpion in a land of scorpions.  He's a 33 y.o. nuclear power with a 2 million man army and virtual absolute rule over 23 million.  If he's nuts, then so are/were El Chapo or Escabar or Saddam Hussein or Hitler.  Yeah, they all were brought down, but at horrendous cost.

He was the boss's son; he had it handed to him on a silver platter, just like his dad inherited the title from his own father. In that climate of paranoia and nepotism I think almost anyone could rule, as long as they weren't a total drooling moron.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 13, 2016, 09:09:30 AM
He was the boss's son; he had it handed to him on a silver platter, just like his dad inherited the title from his own father. In that climate of paranoia and nepotism I think almost anyone could rule, as long as they weren't a total drooling moron.

LOL, at first I thought you were talking about Jeb.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 13, 2016, 07:55:06 AM
If I remember my statistics correctly, it takes 1300 participants to get a 3% margin of error. 520 participants just makes for an interesting graphic.

Good eye.

None the less the media is reporting it. The media has a way to spin things and voters have a herd like mentality, so if they think someone is rising in the polls they are more likely to vote for them.