• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your Supernatural Experiences

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 08, 2008, 12:36:40 AM

Holy Ghosts

Quote from: b_dubb on June 29, 2015, 09:59:21 PM
Great story.  Now I have to change my pants.

Always a good sign.
I spent the night in the hotel myself once. (Far from "her room.") Didn't have any strange encounters, but I was so keyed up from my uncle's story, I was on the verge of changing my pants the entire time.

munbeam666

I used to live in West Berkeley with my family, in a big old (1912) house with a cottage next to it. The cottage we rented to friends; there was a cement walkway that separated the two houses, with a gate in the front that faced the street.
I believe that our house and the property it was on was haunted.(I actually think that much of the neighborhood where we lived was haunted as well, but that is another story) Although I never saw or heard anything myself, other people, including my two daughters and their friends would complain about hearing footsteps in the middle of the night when everyone was asleep. My youngest daughter's best friend would often spend weekends with us, and she sometimes got really spooked from hearing these noises. There were more than a few times she called her mother in the middle of the night to take her home.   
One day in the late 1980s my neighbor, who lived with his girlfriend in the cottage, came to me acting extremely agitated.  He told me that he had seen a floating white ball of light in the walkway between the two houses when he left do do an errand and it followed him as he was heading towards the gate. This 'light ball' floated down and hit the gate, ricocheted backwards, and then floated up and over the roof (the main house was rather large - it had two stories)
My oldest daughter also witnessed this bizarre incident. At the time (she was about 12) she was standing on the back porch of the main house, and later told me that this 'light ball' started moving in her direction.  She said it looked like it was taking a human shape. At that point, she got really frightened and went inside to tell tell my husband and I what she witnessed, but she said that we were in the middle of an argument, so she decided not to say anything. She also said that she quickly forgot about the incident. I found out about her experience about a year and a half later, when she finally admitted to me what had happened.
BTW, my oldest daughter, even at 12, never lied or made up any stories about anything, as well as my youngest daughter or any of their friends. In fact, my oldest hates hearing about paranormal subjects, and to this day refuses to talk about her experience....
When my neighbor told me this story I at first didn't believe him...I thought that maybe he'd been smoking something really whacky, which he often did, but I changed my mind about him and his story after my daughter confirmed to me what happened     

NightsAtSea

I've had several experiences, but I'll just share the most important one (the one that really opened me up the paranormal to begin with):

I was a child of seven or eight years old. It was summer, so my bedtime was before sunset. My parents had a few friends over and I moodily retired to my bedroom. I wasn't the least bit tired, so I began reading quietly. I happened to look up from my book as I was turning the page, and there in the center of my room was a shadow. It was still full daylight, and here I was looking at a man-shaped black shadow that looked like it was wearing a hat. It reminded me of when you look at a bright light and then when you open your eyes again, you'll have a dark spot in your vision. At first I thought that's what it was, so I blinked and rubbed my eyes. It was still there when I looked. It started walking toward me, and I was trying to explain it away as best as my eight-year-old mind could; surely something was casting this weird shadow, and if I could just identify the source everything would be okay. But then the shadow man started to lean over the bed to look at me, and I noticed that it was casting a shadow. The window was behind the shadow man's back and as he leaned over my bed I could see a faint shadow fall across my bedspread. At this point I knew something was really wrong, and I screamed. The shadow man straightened and backed into the center of the room where he simply vanished. Seconds later my parents and their friends came running into my room to see why I had screamed. I explained what happened but my parents never believed me. They were convinced I was just throwing a tantrum because I didn't want to go to bed (I was not a child prone to throwing tantrums, so my feelings were doubly hurt that they didn't believe me AND that they thought I would do something like that).

From that point on, every time I went to the public library I would check out books about UFOs and ghosts, anything paranormal...I wanted to figure out what I experienced. It wasn't until years later that I finally learned about Shadow People.

A pair of interesting, eerie stories! Thanks for sharing... I wish I could throw a log on the fire and hear a few more!  I am surprised at how few postings this thread gets (whereas the "musings of morons" go on for hundreds....)

I have really had no similar experiences.  When my daughter was pre-verbal, she would sometimes interact with some unseen... energy or, if you prefer, entity.  It was usually in the doorframe to her room.  She would look up suddenly from her applesauce or puzzle, and smile and laugh and wave--and on a few disturbing occasions, cry out with fear and begin to sob.  She has no recollection now of what she saw.

Holy Ghosts

Somewhat on the topic, I've recently put together this list of my Top 5 Scary Short Stories. They're fictional--unlike the accounts in this thread--but they make for a good read before bed. Or not, if you want to sleep soundly.

http://holyghoststories.com/scary-short-stories/

Centurion40

As always, thanks for sharing everyone.

albrecht

Quote from: West of the Rockies on July 21, 2015, 08:11:18 PM
A pair of interesting, eerie stories! Thanks for sharing... I wish I could throw a log on the fire and hear a few more!  I am surprised at how few postings this thread gets (whereas the "musings of morons" go on for hundreds....)

I have really had no similar experiences.  When my daughter was pre-verbal, she would sometimes interact with some unseen... energy or, if you prefer, entity.  It was usually in the doorframe to her room.  She would look up suddenly from her applesauce or puzzle, and smile and laugh and wave--and on a few disturbing occasions, cry out with fear and begin to sob.  She has no recollection now of what she saw.
I recall Art having some stories of Asia when younger doing similar. I know cats and dogs have much better senses so that is likely the explanation but I still got freaked out when my dogs will be oddly sitting (like someone told him to "sit") and looking at the corner of the room or a blank wall. Not scared but just an odd feeling.

Yeah, it is kinda creepy when pets do that sort of thing!  To go all Scully though, they're.probably just noting a squirrel fart outside!

Chine

Many, many. Too much to fill a post. Could write a book on it. Over the years working in 'metaphysics' (psychic medium/reiki master) encountered the most beautiful and some of the spookiest like in a movie. And yep, witnesses. I'm guessing this thread is for the trouble maker ghosts and attachments on individuals? Those, yes. Then there's the beautiful experience of loved ones (animals too) that crossed over that come through a reading I may have with a client.

Ghosts throwing things at another metaphysical store I worked at. We always smudged in that place. And of course, the activity u depending on the mix of readers and people in store during a particular time. Readers leave and new ones come in. When we had a good loving group of people, it dissipated. And this only happened to a couple people who were filled with a hostile energy to aggravate it. Each morning, opening up there were the little wet footprints belonging to a child that would remain on the carpet for a few hours. No fountain, no rain. We heard the building our store was located was once a rehab facility for children. 

But it's the loving exquisite encounters of those that I have experienced so many times over 30 years, it feels normal and not so fantastical.

People ask if I'm just reading one's mind if it's a Medium related reading...

I have wondered and explored all possibilities. Yet this happened. While living in LA, a good friend that I worked with in film asked for a reading. Just for fun, as I do for friends once in a while when not in appointments. It was to see if I could focus in on issues with budgeting her film, contracts etc. practical business related 'psychic' reading. So I get up and suddenly I'm hit with an image of Katherine Hepburn. (Um, no, I wasn't channeling Kate) Now, when my clairvoyance has a big hit it will keep coming at me, even if I brush it aside. If it's a message that must get through I get tapped T til I send it. Like a kid yanking at you. Heh. So then I saw details of her blouse pants, and the words of the messages and personality started coming. (hearing - Clairaudience)

Ok this is getting long and trying to keep it short. I described her grandmother in detail. Hair, face, hobbies and even spoke exact words of hers, her personality and language she would use.

But my friend... Her response was 'that is my grandmother and people always compared her to Hepburn. Stubborn, creative, almost her twin in features and attire.  I barely remember her though as she died when I was a little girl' But she could confirm a great deal as she heard from her parents. Not much.

Well, her grandmother's energy was not done. She (the spirit) kept bombarding me. I told my friend that later I will write everything out that's coming to me. I put Grandma on hold.

Later that night. I pulled out a notepad and ended up writing ten pages. Describing a bedroom, where the mirror was, who she yelled at, where she hid items. She was in anguish. This went on and on. I wrote it so fast where she was writing it for me.

Two days later, gave to my friend and she said 'I don't know any of this as this may have been before I was 5 or 6. But she kept my notes. Called me back three days later...

'I showed this to my father. His eyes widened, jaw dropped...He looked at me and asked  'Where on earth did you get this?' He confirmed it all. The reason why her grandmother was so insistent on my friend knowing she was with her was because my friend was struggling as a woman in an industry that to this day is not supportive for the female filmmaker. Her grandmother suffered this too during a period as a strong and tough create was not tolerated at all. There was a a lot of healing (for friend and her family) that resulted from this reading

That's a really great story, Chine. One of my favorite movies ever is 'The Sixth Sense'. I always wondered if people could see the dead like the little boy. There's a famous medium close by to where I live, and readings by other self-proclaimed mediums in restaurants around town. I've never gone because, on the one hand I'm skeptical about high profile mediums like Sybil Brown who turn out to be phonies and yet I also think that other people may well be sensitive to things like that but don't advertise it, like the boy in TSS or worse, the young man who was in the opening scenes. I guess someone would have to tell me something no one else knew, like you did with your friend, for me to become a believer. I have had dreams where a recently deceased loved one would appear looking radiant and tell me he or she was alright, and I've felt very strongly the presence of another family member for a few minutes before it faded, so I'm open to the idea of after death contact.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on July 31, 2015, 09:30:54 PM
That's a really great story, Chine. One of my favorite movies ever is 'The Sixth Sense'. I always wondered if people could see the dead like the little boy. There's a famous medium close by to where I live, and readings by other self-proclaimed mediums in restaurants around town. I've never gone because, on the one hand I'm skeptical about high profile mediums like Sybil Brown who turn out to be phonies and yet I also think that other people may well be sensitive to things like that but don't advertise it, like the boy in TSS or worse, the young man who was in the opening scenes. I guess someone would have to tell me something no one else knew, like you did with your friend, for me to become a believer. I have had dreams where a recently deceased loved one would appear looking radiant and tell me he or she was alright, and I've felt very strongly the presence of another family member for a few minutes before it faded, so I'm open to the idea of after death contact.
I knew a man who was psychic, but he would never take money.  He did only occasional readings for friends or people who he ran across who needed his assistance.  He thought the universe would send people his way if he could help them.  He very strongly believed that, if a psychic takes money for his gift the gift would eventually disappear.  He maintained his talent until he died.

I believed him.  I think Sylvia Browne had talent which eventually dissipated.  James VanPraagh, I have heard, is no longer doing private readings and I speculate it's because he is now guessing more than reading.  I think that blonde woman in New York will probably see her powers fade.  This is why, I believe, toward the end of their careers they can be debunked because at the end some probably really become phoney.  Van Praagh did the honourable thing by just stopping.  That makes me think his books are probably also honest representations of how he sees reality. 

People argue that psychic ability is like any other, like being born a talented musician or artist.  The fellow I knew really had no good explanation for it, but said he had seen too many people who were eventually ruined  by taking money. 

Chine

Crow and Unscreened.

There are so many types of 'readers', even those in holistic health (acupuncture, alexander technique, herbal healing) may offer intuitive readings with their practice. Each reading is so unique depending on the vibrational connection to the reader/person being read. Where I work we individuals with different intuitive skills. Also, Corny, yes, when you're using it everyday and not just while reading someone but assisting yourself through your day it develops more so. Like a professional dancer who goes to the barre each day, keeping muscles, alignment in tact.

Crow, and you are very correct... There are many taking advantage primarily for financial gain especially while we have to sometimes deal with the 'psychic junkies' . Ugh. They usually spend thousands dollars on online reading services. Usually the 'drr' (doomed relationship readings) They don't want to hear 'He's busy with his own life, not thinking of you. This is about you and some issues you need to address and heal for yourself, better to see a therapist' Many don't want to heal and do the work and will hand over many to the frauds who will gladly take it. I have and will refuse to read someone if I feel they are ill (need psychiatric help instead of a psychic reading), wanting a reading for tricks and kicks and genuinely are bored. Do not waste my time and don't waste your money. And I don't use cards, I may get the info in my first reading an hour or two before they make an appointment. Not all get a 'spirit' that comes through. Its always enjoyable when pets from the other side do. This happens even if I'm not at work. My husband can be in the next room on the phone and I'm watching figure skating. Then I began seeing this German Shepard, the people he belongs to, eye and even smell them. I finally got up and went in the other room 'Who is this dog that's pestering me during pairs competition?'  It turned out to be a dog that just passed away that belonged to a family connected to the person my husband was on the phone with. And no, they were not even discussing that family and the dog. Once while driving to work in the car, I was getting tons of info on a Saddlebred horse which belonged to my first reading appointment that morning. One lady stepped out of her car in front of our store I saw her friend beside her that passed. It's not every reading though and there are some I may not be able to read and know that before they sit down. I do a quick scan of the person before they even decide to be read. Years ago when it all flooded me, I had to learn to block it and sift what will come through. But it really is about being clear of your purpose with this gift. I value it and am always in awe of it with respect. But it is so great to have it for applying and navigating in your life. (Work - business associations ... What are the players doing behind the scenes. Who is a good asset for my business, who isn't) , family, health, etc.

CornyCrow

Chine, thank you for your thoughtful reply.  I try to avoid thinking of my pets that passed because I used to get stuck in a mode of missing them that did neither me nor them any good.  It's funny that I never had had that reaction to people who had left.   

I've had several experiences, but am not 'gifted'.  I knew a woman who was, and it precipitated from some drug that she'd used occasionally coupled with a being who lived in a house in which she'd lived.  I was impressed by Art's guest, Preston Dennet, who seemed a very honest person.  I purchased his book.  It would be a good thing to astral project, because I think we do this while dreaming, so it feels closer to natural (as opposed to drugs), but that's just a matter of individual preference;  maybe there's in actuality little difference.

I was impressed with his ability to rise to higher realms.  He believes in God.  I'm really fed up with the God who dwells in many of our religions. 

Sorry to be so wordy.  No need to reply.  Best of wishes. 

October 1993, El Cajon CA.

I was wrapping up a military career and going to school  at night. My wife was probably working part time. We lived in a condo about 5 minutes by foot (jogging) from our gym, Family Fitness.

My wife and I never missed a single day at the gym. We would arrive no later than 12:05 p.m. daily. A regiment we strictly maintained for months...except for one day.

There was nothing unusual about the day. We ate breakfast, donned our workout gear, and, as was our custom,  watched some goofy game show that we enjoyed.

Every day, upon completion of the game show, we would walk out the door and jog straight down the hill to the gym, check-in, and be on the lifecycle before 12:15. We did that every single day without fail. But one day, without saying a word, without any communication whatsoever, when the game show ended, we didn't move a muscle. We both just laid there on the couch together and continued watching TV. We had never done that before.

Within 20 minutes, there was a news break; there had been a mass shooting at our gym. We would learn later that the young man who perpetrated this horrible mass murder, killed a very good friend of ours. She always joined us in the front of the gym on the Lifecycles before we hit the weights. This day, she was the only one on the Lifecycles in that area. Because we didn't show up. And to this VERY day, I have no idea  why we didn't get up off that couch that day.

Chine

Quote from: FightTheFuture on August 01, 2015, 12:07:17 PM

I was wrapping up a military career and going to school  at night. My wife was probably working part time. We lived in a condo about 5 minutes by foot (jogging) from our gym, Family Fitness.

My wife and I never missed a single day at the gym. We would arrive no later than 12:05 p.m. daily. A regiment we strictly maintained for months...except for one day.

There was nothing unusual about the day. We ate breakfast, donned our workout gear, and, as was our custom,  watched some goofy game show that we enjoyed.

Every day, upon completion of the game show, we would walk out the door and jog straight down the hill to the gym, check-in, and be on the lifecycle before 12:15. We did that every single day without fail. But one day, without saying a word, without any communication whatsoever, when the game show ended, we didn't move a muscle. We both just laid there on the couch together and continued watching TV. We had never done that before.

Within 20 minutes, there was a news break; there had been a mass shooting at our gym. We would learn later that the young man who perpetrated this horrible mass murder, killed a very good friend of ours. She always joined us in the front of the gym on the Lifecycles before we hit the weights. This day, she was the only one on the Lifecycles in that area. Because we didn't show up. And to this VERY day, I have no idea  why we didn't get up off that couch that day.

Incredible. I am so very sorry about your dear friend's passing.

albrecht

Man, that is a crazy story. You seriously should call into Art (heck even Dave) on that one. I remember that shooting. Sorry you lost someone you know (and for the others you don't who were killed.) Tragic and crazy, and your experience is very weird.

The description of the shooter in the LA Times article is bizarre, to me, (what is a physical culturist?, some kind of skinhead?) And apparently the young man had a long history of abuse of marijuana and LSD (so much for the 'nice' drugs not causing any harm; though admittedly they might just have been an attempt to self-medicate and he clearly had some other problems.)

"Don Hawkins, 48, a mobile home manager who often lifts weights at the club, described Buquet as a muscular, blond, clean-cut physical culturist with a menacing look and a no-nonsense demeanor."

CornyCrow

Thank goodness for that.   

Something similar happened to me.  Yep, no premonition that something out of the ordinary would happen.  Just one day out of all the year, running late and missed a guy shooting at folks with a high powered rifle from the rooftop across the street.

Do you think some higher element of our own being 'knows' the immediate future and stops us (an instinct of some kind), or is it some outside force(angels, aliens, spirit guides)?   

WhiteCrow

Amazing! thanks for sharing?
What usually happens after these type of unexplainable 'miracles' is to question why you and your wife were singled out to be saved? Common thought, that you have been saved to serve a greater purpose. ie George Washington, many near misses from gun fire during Revoultiary War to later serve as first President.

Do have thoughts on why you and wife were singled out to be saved?

littlechris

Quote from: WhiteCrow on August 02, 2015, 05:26:40 AM
.. ie George Washington, many near misses from gun fire during Revoultiary War to later serve as first President.

Cool.  I never knew this. I'll definetly do some reading on it.

-

littlechris

Also, I'm loving the psychic stories/readings etc. There are so many people who are genuinely psychic and who can see past lives/experiences/events.  Are there any psychics who can accurately read the future ?? I want to talk to that psychic!  he he

CornyCrow

What usually happens after these type of unexplainable 'miracles' is to question why you and your wife were singled out to be saved? Common thought, that you have been saved to serve a greater purpose. ie George Washington, many near misses from gun fire during Revoultiary War to later serve as first President.

Maybe their karma in this life was not yet fulfilled?

Quote from: CornyCrow on August 02, 2015, 04:43:49 AM
Thank goodness for that.   

Something similar happened to me.  Yep, no premonition that something out of the ordinary would happen.  Just one day out of all the year, running late and missed a guy shooting at folks with a high powered rifle from the rooftop across the street.

Do you think some higher element of our own being 'knows' the immediate future and stops us (an instinct of some kind), or is it some outside force(angels, aliens, spirit guides)?

It`s one of those things that drives you crazy in the middle of the night. Or, at least it has that effect on me. Why were we spared? Why me?? Is there some higher purpose? I just don`t know.

I suppose if I had to speculate, it might have something to do with the birth of my youngest son, which came a year after this incident. There is something extraordinary about him that I can`t put my finger on. Perhaps it is his destiny that was preserved.

I`ve read a good bit about George Washington. An extraordinary individual, without whom, there very well might not have been a United States. At least, for long.

There is nothing extraordinary about me, or what I have accomplished. Which leads me to believe, if I was meant to be spared, it had something to do with my youngest son, who came into this world around a year after the incident.

WhiteCrow

My unexplained paranormal event happened a few days after the death of a very close relative, that left a number of important matters unresolved.
After a few days of little sleep from fretting over the future, managed to follow into a state of half awake, half asleep. During this Twilight sleep, I heard 'his' voice in one ear, giving me very specific guidance, to what 'we' needed to do, to clean up the unresolved issues.

I offer no explaintion, if it was really his voice or it was my own mind inventing his voice, but the instructions  his voice gave, were clearly an insightful path forward. Again would someone else have thought of it, if I didn't hear his voice, that I also cannot answer.

Quote from: WhiteCrow on August 02, 2015, 07:05:33 AM
My unexplained paranormal event happened a few days after the death of a very close relative, that left a number of important matters unresolved.
After a few days of little sleep from fretting over the future, managed to follow into a state of half awake, half asleep. During this Twilight sleep, I heard 'his' voice in one ear, giving me very specific guidance, to what 'we' needed to do, to clean up the unresolved issues.

I offer no explaintion, if it was really his voice or it was my own mind inventing his voice, but the instructions  his voice gave, were clearly an insightful path forward. Again would someone else have thought of it, if I didn't hear his voice, that I also cannot answer.

That`s good stuff! I`m happy to learn that your experience was able to provide you a path forward.

Perhaps we aren`t yet ready to know what any of this means. It`s my believe, someday, all the secrets of the universe will be made known to  each of us.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: FightTheFuture on August 02, 2015, 06:55:59 AM
I`ve read a good bit about George Washington. An extraordinary individual, without whom, there very well might not have been a United States. At least, for long.

There is nothing extraordinary about me, or what I have accomplished. Which leads me to believe, if I was meant to be spared, it had something to do with my youngest son, who came into this world around a year after the incident.

Very Interesting about about your son.
My 18 year old son was in a hospital extensive care ward for 3 weeks with a complete brain dead coma. Full life support, with respirator, feeding tube  and absolutely no signs of any brain activity.
We had a meeting with his team of doctors, to inform us that there was no hope, and we should make plans to disconnect life support or put him a long term care facility. Being it was a few days before Christmas, his main Doctor spoke up and said, "let the family have until after Christmas and we can meet again after Christmas to discuss the matter"

On Chistmas eve about 11:45pm he came out of the coma. All his Doctors and medical staff professed they never witnessed or heard about anybody coming back from a 'compete' brain dead coma.

It took about two years of intensive therapy for him to regain both his mental and physical functions. He graduated from college with two majors and today is living a good a life. As of this date there is nothing noteworthy to report, as to why he was signaled out to be saved :) other than he is, a reminder to all that witnesses and prayed for his recovery, that just maybe miracles do happen.

Meister_000

Quote from: FightTheFuture on August 02, 2015, 06:50:14 AM
. . . Why were we spared? Why me?? Is there some higher purpose? I just don`t know.

I suppose if I had to speculate, it might have something to do with the birth of my youngest son, which came a year after this incident. There is something extraordinary about him that I can`t put my finger on. Perhaps it is his destiny that was preserved.

I like this part of the telling best.

Quote from: WhiteCrow on August 02, 2015, 07:43:31 AM
Very Interesting about about your son.
My 18 year old son was in a hospital extensive care ward for 3 weeks with a complete brain dead coma. Full life support, with respirator, feeding tube  and absolutely no signs of any brain activity.
We had a meeting with his team of doctors, to inform us that there was no hope, and we should make plans to disconnect life support or put him a long term care facility. Being it was a few days before Christmas, his main Doctor spoke up and said, "let the family have until after Christmas and we can meet again after Christmas to discuss the matter"

On Chistmas eve about 11:45pm he came out of the coma. All his Doctors and medical staff professed they never witnessed or heard about anybody coming back from a 'compete' brain dead coma.

It took about two years of intensive therapy for him to regain both his mental and physical functions. He graduated from college with two majors and today is living a good a life. As of this date there is nothing noteworthy to report, as to why he was signaled out to be saved :) other than he is, a reminder to all that witnesses and prayed for his recovery, that just maybe miracles do happen.

Wow! I don't even know what to say to that. That just made my day!

Yes. Miracles do happen. Just...wow!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: MV on September 11, 2010, 01:11:59 PM
myles, i don't know why your story reminded me of this, but it did.

as i've mentioned previously, i used to drive a truck all over the country.  i've been to every city, everywhere.  almost literally.  anyway...

this happened twice to me.  i'd be on a simple two lane road with no paths of entrance or egress, see a car passing me in my mirror, look up, and then look back in the mirror to find that the car has vanished.  not beside, behind, or in front of me.  i can recall two specific instances when that happened.

when you travel the country like that for a lengthy enough period of time, you are GOING to see strange, inexplicable things.  it's the nature of that occupation.

Reading this thread from the start, so quoted post that are someway old. Anyway, I take a lots of cross country road trips and have also experienced the missing car mystery.

Mid 1990s, while driving, saw Jesus, very late at night, on I 90 mid South Dakota, with flowing hair and dressed in a white robe. Holding arms high, standing in middle of road. Had cars backed up and needed to slow down and drive on shoulder to pass him.

I don't know if it was car headlights or combination of head lights and special material his robe was made from but the robe glowed.

This thread--this discussion of seemingly paranormal phenomena--is what drew me to Art's program and this forum.  One page on this thread is worth 500 from the Falkie catastrophe.  And yet that page gets the eyes.  Now THAT is an inexplicable mystery!

I really enjoyed your yarn, FtF!  I run pretty agnostic these days, but your experience would seem to suggest there is much we humans do not know or explain.  The telling if such stories, that delicious inability for immediate explanation and ensuing sense of wonder AND the more pragmatic attempt to find an explanation... It is all great fun!