• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your Supernatural Experiences

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 08, 2008, 12:36:40 AM

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on September 30, 2013, 03:07:08 PM
I believe more in the Supra-natural than the supernatural. I find that when things are the most chaotic are the times I need to slow down. I see more delicate dances of harmony and joy just by shutting the fuck up and knowing that I am only one of many. Seeing others about in their day to day is about as spiritual as I can ever hope for.

I believe in biology. I can relax and appreciate the universe more by holding a loved one than I ever did getting high. I trust in the magic of love and attachment caused by oxytocin. I somewhat understand the mechanics yet is still seems beyond my capabilities. In the same way that I know how a car works but the ride is still worth it. I hold a small child and my sense of wonder brings tears. When I play with one of my dogs I learn consistency and the joy of trusting.

I dunno what this has to do with ghosts... probably nothing. 

I have put myself into so many situations over the years to get a glimpse of something ethereal only to be disappointed.  Now I only believe that each of us is here for another and anything else is a distraction.
Best ever dude! You, and oxytocin rock!

sleeplessinca

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 30, 2013, 02:51:31 PM
Heh
One of wisest teachings given me by a now deceased traditional elder was, "Burbank, your life's going to be a a hell of a lot better when you realize that some people are no fucking good."  I still struggle with this a little but less as time goes by.
I guess I should thank her for bringing such a profound lesson to me and my family.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 30, 2013, 02:53:21 PM
Tell her I love her, still, and forever.
Wow an Aldous double hit. 

She knows.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: onan on September 30, 2013, 03:07:08 PM
I believe more in the Supra-natural than the supernatural. I find that when things are the most chaotic are the times I need to slow down. I see more delicate dances of harmony and joy just by shutting the fuck up and knowing that I am only one of many. Seeing others about in their day to day is about as spiritual as I can ever hope for.

I believe in biology. I can relax and appreciate the universe more by holding a loved one than I ever did getting high. I trust in the magic of love and attachment caused by oxytocin. I somewhat understand the mechanics yet is still seems beyond my capabilities. In the same way that I know how a car works but the ride is still worth it. I hold a small child and my sense of wonder brings tears. When I play with one of my dogs I learn consistency and the joy of trusting.

I dunno what this has to do with ghosts... probably nothing. 

I have put myself into so many situations over the years to get a glimpse of something ethereal only to be disappointed.  Now I only believe that each of us is here for another and anything else is a distraction.
I'm having this collision of envisioning your alter-ego, HumbleMan along with a own rush of oxytocin, which is also released when I look at baby sloths.
http://youtu.be/Ssa7LMeC_Bw
The opposite would be Frau Blucher, reminiscent of that aforementioned being...
http://youtu.be/hs5j8uUR2nc

BobGrau

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 30, 2013, 02:04:15 PM
Sunk my battleship. Why is it that being a grandad makes stuff lame and/or creepy?  I think our grandkids inherit our cool at birth.

But hey. Batty Brooke has a good point in considering the sensitivity of others when relating remarkable phenon. In my case, I don't care much about being considered batty or prone to hyperbole or loon. Nonetheless, it is not always appropriate to F with people's sense or belief's about reality. I learned this from tripping with others of course.  I say, believe whutevers it is you wants to- I don't care who you may be, cuz I got nuthin to sell and nuthin to defend.

But since MV created this thread and we're all here by mutual interest and consent, let me just act for a moment as if. Enjoy it, ignore it, doubt it, forget it. Just don't think I have a reason to care whether you agree or whether you think I would have a reason mental to make it up.

ahem
Cough
Cough cough

There for sure is parallel dimension. Some stuff bleeds through some not and some always does. I don't know much about it but have experienced this:  Powerful and empowering intradimensional contacts from which we are perfectly designed to receive edification and healing, and contact episodes which were something like the reverse. It seems to me more like hot and cold weather, rather than good and evil, although from our perspective... And I don't like cold.

And one of my lessons, other than taming fear, avoiding panic, was (is) that while "positive" spiritual forces potentially reflect positive and healing light into an individual or CULTure, negative hyperdimensional apparitions may also be a reflection of wounding, fear, and hate. As such, part of our jobs is to face the darkness with our own light and positivity whatever it may be. I learned that this can not only tame the dark spiritual serpents of whatever weird parralelalex party might be unseen to us, but more miraculously, standing rooted in our own light and positivity, however much it may be, is the secret to taming our own (human) fears and healing our own wounds.

Having spouted all this, I may be one of the least new age guys you could ever go skeet shooting with and I toss all "spiritual" hoodoos out the compound gate if they make the mistake of coming in. This is my religion.

It's the concensus reality part I'm particularly interested in... I've 'met' good and evil in many forms, but I'm firmly convinced that any sense of personality one gets from that is simply  ??? reflections of oneself. I heard an idea once that there is only one electron, repeating simultaneously throughout the universe. I think consciousness/spirit/brainsoftware is like that.
...I like a dash of ketamine with my oxytocin.

ksm32

In 2002 my wife and I did a make-over on my daughters bedroom while she was away for the weekend, she wanted a pink room with a canopy bed and real little girl stuff kind of room. The day after we painted I went in  just to make sure everything was just right. Everything was right, however, I noticed a small hand print on the wall above her bed about six feet up. As if a small child placed a damp right hand in a large ashtray and pressed it upon the wall. These things just don't bother me so I washed it off and said "please don't do that again".

A few years later painting the family room the same print showed up at the top of one of the walls. Every time we paint or remodel anything in the home this happens, it might be the next day after a finished project or a few day's later. Never fails.

steelbot

OK - so here goes....

Art,
Roswells, and long life!,

I have two separate stories, and both are NOT first hand experience by me, but rather stories told by my mother, grandmother, and aunt, and the other story involves the same entity possibly, and mother and my uncle.

OK, so growing up, the big "ghost stories" mom brought up every now and again, was how after my Great-Aunt Vera died from cancer, now this was about the late 1950's-early mid 60s, February (They always brought up how cold it was, and about a foot of snow on the ground...Midwest) She and my other Aunt (Edna), and Mother (my grandmother) where cleaning Edna's house, when all of a sudden, my mother and grandma, both just froze and looked at each, to ask if they saw that....apparently a white light, appeared and went up stairs into one of the bedrooms, as mom and grandma followed it up stairs, Aunt Edna was upstairs cleaning and dropped her cleaning stuff, cause mom and grandma heard her let out a little shriek, and the crash of cleaning stuff she yelled to them that something was coming....when it got into the room, it disappeared into the closet and that was that....except, the smell of Roses began to emanate from the closet, and filled the house with the scent.  They searched from top to bottom and found NO flowers of any kind, and being the dead of winter, they would have been hard to find, and this was well before Potpourri scents .....and that's that.....

Second story, of prominence in my house hold occurred between my mom and her "brother" my uncle, Vera's son...about 2 days after my brother was born and able to go home from the hospital, my mother recalls my brother was sleeping, and whining, so mom went into check, and he stopped crying.  Upon entering the room, mom recalled, seeing her Aunt Vera over his crib, but this time, as a real entity, again very angelic in nature (white glowing light) but distinctly human form, and she spoke to my mother, stating that she just wanted to see her nephew before she left....Now mom didn't really want to tell folks about it since she thought maybe, just maybe it was a dream and never went into detail until after one night my uncle told us something that happened to him...

So the way it was actually 'verified' was one night, my mom and dad, along with aunt/uncle were playing cards, as was a monthly tradition, along with some drinks...Mom just blurt's it out that you know I think I saw Aunt Vera right after (Todd) was born....and I was actually witness to this as it was about 10 years later, my brother now 10, and I was about 4-5 but I remember it, as I was a constant lap dog to see what the adults where doing...My Uncle's face just froze...and he welled up in tears...He started to tell us, that about that same time my mom had gotten out of the hospital with my brother, that He had also had a vision.  He described it in his own detail and entirety without hearing anything from my mom other than she saw my Aunt, no details.  He was checking on my cousin who was born around a year before my brother, but still very young, and upon entering the room he saw her...his mom standing over his crib/bed, she spoke to him stating again she just wanted to see her grandson one last time before she left, turned around said I love you, and passed through the door and was gone... 

And that is it, that's my two family ghost stories, I've never seen anything paranormal, so as to the merits of a second/third hand story such as this I'll let anyone that's heard it, make their own conclusion, I know it gave me chills just typing it out.

***My own personal disclaimer***

Unfortunately, all the principles Mom, Grandma, Aunt Edna(not uncle's wife), Uncle, are no longer with us, and no further clarification of this can be made, my uncle just passed in a car accident in July. Grandmother/Mother/Aunt - Mid 80s and 90s.  As we grew older(I'm 35 now) my mother's side of the family lost touch over time, and most of my relatives have passed away so it is what it is...

I am a very agnostic individual, after growing up most of my life German Lutheran, with regular Sunday church goings, and Confirmation being big influence in the family...I just grew out of it as Dad, wasn't really into it and didn't continue it further once mom passed.  I don't feel I lost faith, or had it taken from me, just that upon teenage years, mom's passing, and gaining my own 'identity', I just became agnostic in my beliefs towards Religion, and they continue to this day.  I'm more willing to the belief of beings, possibly from other dimensions, or what not being described by the "witnesses" of the day as possibly the "god" they saw.  I just don't know, nor feel I can argue with certainty.  But my own personal belief is effectively...agnostic!

**EDIT** This was cut/pasted from my email to Art...

Earth Pod

Quote from: steelbot on October 01, 2013, 01:19:14 AM
I just became agnostic in my beliefs towards Religion, and they continue to this day.  I'm more willing to the belief of beings, possibly from other dimensions,
Steelbot--great stories!!

Many moons ago----many-- I saw a show--People are Talking-- they had a panel of people who had near death experiences...NDE.  One mentioned that he had seen God.  He mentioned that he asked God about all the various religions we have and his response was that religion is kindergarten spirituality.   Bingo... makes tons of sense to my brain and we have to start someplace and that is the place for some. 

I've seen stuff all my life and have recollection of my pre-life contract, as well.   

Heather Wade

Quote from: ksm32 on September 30, 2013, 09:48:27 PM
In 2002 my wife and I did a make-over on my daughters bedroom while she was away for the weekend, she wanted a pink room with a canopy bed and real little girl stuff kind of room. The day after we painted I went in  just to make sure everything was just right. Everything was right, however, I noticed a small hand print on the wall above her bed about six feet up. As if a small child placed a damp right hand in a large ashtray and pressed it upon the wall. These things just don't bother me so I washed it off and said "please don't do that again".

A few years later painting the family room the same print showed up at the top of one of the walls. Every time we paint or remodel anything in the home this happens, it might be the next day after a finished project or a few day's later. Never fails.

That's trippy, and gave me chills head to toe. 

steelbot

Quote from: ksm32 on September 30, 2013, 09:48:27 PM

That is indeed creepy...

Heather Wade

Great stories steelbot.  Any ghost story where two or more see the same thing, especially like that where the events took place independently, just has to make one wonder.  There's a big puzzle piece missing from our understanding of life & death & our own life energy.  I kinda hope we never have the scientific answer to ghosts (which there must be, we just haven't found it yet), I rather enjoy the mystery. 

Centurion40

Quote from: Earth Pod on October 01, 2013, 02:30:48 AM
Steelbot--great stories!!

Many moons ago----many-- I saw a show--People are Talking-- they had a panel of people who had near death experiences...NDE.  One mentioned that he had seen God.  He mentioned that he asked God about all the various religions we have and his response was that religion is kindergarten spirituality.   Bingo... makes tons of sense to my brain and we have to start someplace and that is the place for some. 

I've seen stuff all my life and have recollection of my pre-life contract, as well.

Pre-life recollection???!!  What do you recall?  I am genuinely curious.

I don't recall anything.

I had a dream that could have been a memory from a previous life, or it could have been a dream composed by my imagination.

As I age, I become less certain of anything.  Matthew Alper, I'm sorry to say, resonated with me.

I have one of the most bizarre stories you`ll ever hear. only, I wasn`t present when it took place. Happened to my older brother and my mother, prior to my birth.

I sent it to Art every year he did "ghost-to-ghost" but he never did shit with it. It is absolutely 100% true and mind-blowingly weird.

WildCard

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 30, 2013, 02:04:15 PM
There for sure is parallel dimension. Some stuff bleeds through some not and some always does. I don't know much about it but have experienced this:  Powerful and empowering intradimensional contacts from which we are perfectly designed to receive edification and healing, and contact episodes which were something like the reverse. It seems to me more like hot and cold weather, rather than good and evil, although from our perspective... And I don't like cold.

And one of my lessons, other than taming fear, avoiding panic, was (is) that while "positive" spiritual forces potentially reflect positive and healing light into an individual or CULTure, negative hyperdimensional apparitions may also be a reflection of wounding, fear, and hate. As such, part of our jobs is to face the darkness with our own light and positivity whatever it may be. I learned that this can not only tame the dark spiritual serpents of whatever weird parralelalex party might be unseen to us, but more miraculously, standing rooted in our own light and positivity, however much it may be, is the secret to taming our own (human) fears and healing our own wounds.
"I had a vision of the group soul of humanity as a perfectly circular pool of intense living light.  All around the rim of the milky pool were a complex variety of sexual rites, a metaphor for all social interaction.   Translucent Hindu deities swooped over the group taking the excessive energy of the shimmering pool and passing through the group as ecstasy and pain.   I saw that the reason we were all brought together was to provide a psychic energy feast for the Gods and Goddesses.   I saw my heart as the axis of karmic, earthly, and universal energies, transected by and uniting the polarities of male/female, birth/death, good/evil, and love/hate.   To maintain a balance of forces we all fed both Deities and Demons."
http://alexgrey.com/art/paintings/soul/deities-and-demons-drinking-from-the-milky-pool/

Sardondi

Quote from: ksm32 on September 30, 2013, 09:48:27 PMIn 2002 my wife and I did a make-over on my daughters bedroom....
Quote from: steelbot on October 01, 2013, 01:19:14 AMOK - so here goes....

Art,
Roswells, and long life!,

I have two separate stories, and both are NOT first hand experience by me, but rather stories told by my mother, grandmother, and aunt, and the other story involves the same entity possibly, and mother and my uncle....
Fantastic stories. To me, stories from personal experience are the most valuable evidence we have of  the fact "there's something more out there". Thanks.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on October 01, 2013, 08:38:33 AM
I have one of the most bizarre stories you`ll ever hear. only, I wasn`t present when it took place. Happened to my older brother and my mother, prior to my birth.

I sent it to Art every year he did "ghost-to-ghost" but he never did shit with it. It is absolutely 100% true and mind-blowingly weird.
?

ziznak

gotta say good stuff guys. I'm all about the whole "brahman atman" thing just not so sure about the Hindu dieties and psychic energy feasts.  I'm leaning more on the side of something more to existence than we can ever hope to understand. 

Kindergarten spirituality INDEED

sleeplessinca

Quote from: WildCard on October 01, 2013, 11:11:46 AM
"I had a vision of the group soul of humanity as a perfectly circular pool of intense living light.  All around the rim of the milky pool were a complex variety of sexual rites, a metaphor for all social interaction.   Translucent Hindu deities swooped over the group taking the excessive energy of the shimmering pool and passing through the group as ecstasy and pain.   I saw that the reason we were all brought together was to provide a psychic energy feast for the Gods and Goddesses.   I saw my heart as the axis of karmic, earthly, and universal energies, transected by and uniting the polarities of male/female, birth/death, good/evil, and love/hate.   To maintain a balance of forces we all fed both Deities and Demons."
http://alexgrey.com/art/paintings/soul/deities-and-demons-drinking-from-the-milky-pool/
This works for me.
Very rich emotional and visual experience.
It must be a wonderful memory to revisit.
Tantric.

Quote from: WildCard on October 01, 2013, 11:11:46 AM

I used to love my some acid, too.  Just be careful about the flashbacks.

WildCard

Quote from: ziznak on October 01, 2013, 11:27:30 AM
I'm all about the whole "brahman atman" thing just not so sure about the Hindu dieties and psychic energy feasts.  I'm leaning more on the side of something more to existence than we can ever hope to understand. 
"The gods of the Hindus are the structures of personality purified into their essential meaning. Hinduism is the path of soul-knowledge, for knowledge of the gods is knowledge of the soul. The great systems of soul-knowledge were the Egyptian religion and Hinduism. No amount of scientific knowledge of the 'unconscious' will provide as much food for the energetic body as true relationship with the Hindu gods."

"Why do our religions have victims?"
"Because they demand belief, and belief is always a lie, for the essence of reality is not fact but question."
-The Key
Whitley Strieber

Sardondi

Quote from: WildCard on October 01, 2013, 07:18:59 PM
"The gods of the Hindus are the structures of personality purified into their essential meaning. Hinduism is the path of soul-knowledge, for knowledge of the gods is knowledge of the soul. The great systems of soul-knowledge were the Egyptian religion and Hinduism. No amount of scientific knowledge of the 'unconscious' will provide as much food for the energetic body as true relationship with the Hindu gods."

"Why do our religions have victims?"
"Because they demand belief, and belief is always a lie, for the essence of reality is not fact but question."
-The Key
Whitley Strieber
I'm sorry, but relying on Whitley Strieber for anything more than the immediate state of the weather, much less as an avatar of the value of spiritual truth, is just an uphill climb.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on October 01, 2013, 09:33:43 PM
I'm sorry, but relying on Whitley Strieber for anything more than the immediate state of the weather, much less as an avatar of the value of spiritual truth, is just an uphill climb.

He's a bringer of truth and lesbian vampirism. Well, half of that is accurate. The cool half.

WildCard

Oh, I hear ya man!
Honestly, I wish I'd found the text of 'The Key' on a bathroom wall. No matter the source, it would be my favorite book.

aldousburbank

Swimming laps in a dry pool.

ziznak

hehe... quite a lot of gay sex going on in the circumference!! and bestiality?? Has the old testament seen this yet?

juanelo

First of all English is not my mother language. So just ignored the grammar errors  ;D

This happen in El Salvador in 1989 i was around 9 years old, my aunt is a psychiatrist she had an office closed by my house so i used to go there often, she let me stay with her with the condition that i just sit quiet. I love goin there and listening to loonies it was just funny for me.

One night i had a very weird dream about a witch "in my dream the witch look like the stereotypical witch dress in black with gray hair" in my dream the witch was crying by the river and i ask her why you crying she say becouse i dont have friends and then i say oh you wanna play pin-pong with me she smile and no she then gave me some candy and left.

Next week i went to my aunt office and this weird woman comes in and say to me what a cute boy and gave me a lollipop, my aunt ask her if she is taking the medication and stuff and then the women told my aunt that the vivid dreams she is having and that she dont want to go to sleep becouse the dreams seem so real.

I was 9 years old so i was not paying alot of attention to the convention my aunt was having withat woman, after she left i ask my aunt whats wrong with her my aunt didnt told me.

Im 32 years old now and 5 years ago i ask my aunt about that women, my aunt remember her and she told me that that women kept dreaming that she was an Italian witch and everytime she goes to sleep she had vivid dreams.

I havent told nobody about this experience is just too weird.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 29, 2013, 09:48:15 PM
Was thinking about Batty Brooke's post-
My basic lifestyle and history of intentional query has left me with many a "supernatural" experience in that they score high above the bell curve for what we need to function in the everyday. I let them go AS stories save those that are instructional, inspiring. Sometimes these make for good sharing in the proper set and setting.

There are exceptions. One in particular forever displaced my cherished belief in concensus reality, and came equipped with sheer terror. Not tripping guys, and witnessed by others and all that. But the negative feeling and implications are well beyond the art of good storytelling. It was instructive to me on a personal level, especially in terms of handling one's shit in the face of something indescribeably creepy and potentially not survivable.

My point here is that I can relate to self editing in some matters such as these because it's just not very cool.

You've certainly piqued MY interest, yet we are in agreement regarding self editing. Quite a quandry, yes?

I had a period of time where I had  constant problems with my neck. Headaches and sensation of a pinched nerve. During a 6 moth period while that was going on I was having a reoccurring dream of being in a Japanese prison on a pacific island. Every time the dream stated it would go further. In the dream I had escaped with others. Finally we made it to a beach and fashioned a raft from bamboo and started off the island . Then a group of Japanese soldiers caught up with us and beheaded us on the beach. I then dreamed my being went up and entered into a B-29 that was passing by the island.
Some time passed. a man came to my area that was conducting medicine wheels, sweat lodges and teaching  other loosely based native spiritual matters.
This guy also did past life regressions. I went to his talk one night. Out of the clear blue he asked me first if I would allow my self to be his demonstration. Curiosity got me and I accepted. He went on to tell me my neck problems were from having been beheaded and that I needed to work on forgiveness of those responsible for having killed me then I would be free from my neck pain. Also he said I had hid in a B-29 and went home with the pilot after the war and entered my current body through birth with the pilot and my mother.

Jackstar

I don't understand how one can recognize that one is having a progressively continuous dream over multiple nights without going into the dream, turning to the nearest stranger, and saying "hey, where's the curtain? I'm looking for The Wizard, I heard there was one behind it."

This is probably why my subconscious doesn't bring progressively continuous dreams to me. Too dangerous.