• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

New Host Predictions for Midnight In the Desert

Started by JordanAlex456, May 06, 2018, 07:15:11 PM

JordanAlex456

Since we are almost 24 hours away from the reboot of Midnight in the Desert, I would like to ask all of you to make a hypothesis on who the new host is. Who do you guys think will be the replacement host for Heather? Would love to get everyone's input on this. Thanks!

Robert

Kinda long shot that it'd be Glen Jones, so give me odds, like for a vodka gimlet.

Jason Jarvis's comeback?

zeebo

Connie Willis.  And it'll be re-branded as Midnight With Some Nachos.

Robert

Maybe we should try to narrow it down by sector.  Like, for instance:

experienced on-mic or not
experienced in presumed fringe subject matter or not
known to many Bellgabbers or not
male or female
American or foreign
other entertainment experience or not
other journalism experience or not
in-one or group/panel
legit, charlatan, deluded, or crazy

Robert

How about one of the DJs from last yr.'s abortive Newt Radio stream -- the former Centenary U. radio people?

Quote from: malliard on May 06, 2018, 07:49:18 PM
Whitley Strieber

If it's Whitley I guess that means he won't be on Heather's kick-off show!

Morgus

I doubt it will be any of the c2c weekend guest hosts unless Keith moves the time slot for MITD to earlier in the evening so it wouldn't compete at the same time as c2c during the week.
Also the host must be able to commit to 5 nights/week, I think thats too much for somebody like Whitley or those that already have a regular show.
I doubt this MITD gig would pay much at all too.
My only prediction is I think Keith will go with a male host this time.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on May 06, 2018, 10:41:35 PM

That guy would only do her show as a favor to Art. But Art's dead.  I don't think he's a fan of hers.

The speculation is Schrader. Someone asked him on twitter and his responds was uhh... what?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on May 06, 2018, 10:41:35 PM

If it's Whitley he'll make us endure cringe worthy trans channelling sessions with his dead wife. No thanks! I wish he'd just start writing fiction again. He was good at that.

ItsTelly

For the record let me state the absolute best case scenario is none other than ART BELL!

He faked his own death!  And is back...from an undisclosed location just outside Pahrump.

In such as case, I wonder if HW would still be pissed there is a guest host. I'm guessing yes.

Telly

The Mountain Man! Straight outta white sands New Mexico!

Perfect host! Maybe I'll become a time traveler again. Wonder if he will still be doing coast on the weekends.?

Robert

Quote from: ItsTelly on May 07, 2018, 09:43:54 PMFor the record let me state the absolute best case scenario is none other than ART BELL!

He faked his own death!  And is back...from an undisclosed location just outside Pahrump.
I am litigatinglevitating further?

wr250

it still would of been great if the opening line was :
Welcome to MITD with the bloodthirsty vulture

zeebo

I'm still pulling for Connie as a weekend guest host.  She's perfect when you just want something laid-back and random.

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on May 08, 2018, 02:55:39 PM
I'm still pulling for Connie as a weekend guest host.  She's perfect when you just want something laid-back and random.

She would do even better if she didnt have to cater to all the cat ladies and push paranormaldate.com