• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Poll: Will Heather take a hefty pay cut, and host?

Started by starramus, April 29, 2018, 02:00:14 PM

Will Heather take a hefty pay cut, and host?

yes
6 (12.2%)
no
43 (87.8%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: May 09, 2018, 02:55:41 PM

starramus

Damn not one bellgabber willing to place a vote in my poll. I joined the bumper party late last night, around the time "These Boots Are Made For Walking" was played. I think I heard one commercial spot before I drifted off a Serta mattress spot. With meager financial backing such as this there's no way to keep paying Heather what she is used to. Face it Artie's moolah propped up the whole operation. I am sure the heir will not want to keep poking money down this rat hole. No fringe benefit for her.

Morgus

Should take odds on whether HW will return on Monday at all.

Robert

I doubt there's much left to cut from her pay.

Maybe now she's hoping to get a paid vacation at Club Fed from her Area 51 escapade.

Consider the other programs carried by DMDN.  The on-mic people are mostly volunteers, and they're better shows.  Why would overnight be expected to be lucrative, other than for Art Bell?  Haven't we hashed it out here already that C2C is on a must-carry basis by affiliates, part of a package?

MV/Liberace!

Her pay is probably just a simple percentage of subscriber revenue, so any "pay cut" is determined by listeners, not Keith.  Obviously, her position hasn't been helped at all by her antics over the last two weeks.

Bluejay

Quote from: starramus on April 29, 2018, 02:00:14 PM
Or will she decide to move on?
At this point that seems to be the only appropriate action on her part.  Holding the show hostage all this time is selfish. 

Lord Grantham

Quote from: mv on April 30, 2018, 11:10:49 AM
Her pay is probably just a simple percentage of subscriber revenue, so any "pay cut" is determined by listeners, not Keith.  Obviously, her position hasn't been helped at all by her antics over the last two weeks.

In the Gabcast blowup between her and Bateman she claimed to be "well compensated". What does that even mean in the podcasting world? 40k? Less?

Taco Bell

Quote from: Lord Grantham on April 30, 2018, 01:10:37 PM
In the Gabcast blowup between her and Bateman she claimed to be "well compensated". What does that even mean in the podcasting world? 40k? Less?

Free goat soap and a squatty potty

Quote from: Lord Grantham on April 30, 2018, 01:10:37 PM

By appearing to be successful, potential clients and customers decide to do business with the person.  Or in this case, subscribe.

Doesn't need to be true to say it.

Soylentblue

It looks like this has ended for Heather.

She will NOT be returning per Keith Rowland.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Soylentblue on May 03, 2018, 04:05:23 PM
It looks like this has ended for Heather.

She will NOT be returning per Keith Rowland.

Five people thought she'd return?  ???

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 30, 2018, 06:31:01 PM
By appearing to be successful, potential clients and customers decide to do business with the person.  Or in this case, subscribe.

Doesn't need to be true to say it.
Did Art have any say in these things?  Is there some reason he didn't put his wishes regarding this into a Will?