• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Straw please!

Started by Radio Activity, January 25, 2018, 03:52:49 PM

This has got to be fake news, right?

California Considers $1,000 Fine for Waiters Offering Unsolicited Plastic Straws

QuoteIan Calderon wants restaurateurs to think long and hard before giving you a straw.

Calderon, the Democratic majority leader in California's lower house, has introduced a bill to stop sit-down restaurants from offering customers straws with their beverages unless they specifically request one. Under Calderon's law, a waiter who serves a drink with an unrequested straw in it would face up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.

emphasis mine

ItsOver

It's on Drudge, along with this.

Is the humble sandwich a climate change culprit?

https://newatlas.com/sandwiches-global-warming/53128/

Let's all just commit mass suicide to wipe out humanity.  Then all the wackos will be happy.  Too bad they'll be dead, too.

Quote from: ItsOver on January 25, 2018, 04:04:21 PM

Let's all just commit mass suicide to wipe out humanity.  Then all the wackos will be happy.  Too bad they'll be dead, too.

So driving is no more harmful than a sammich.

ItsOver

Quote from: Radio Activity on January 25, 2018, 04:08:04 PM

LOL.  Time to hit the road in my Spider.  ;D  Sorry, no turkee sammich stops for yeeewww, Jorch!

albrecht

It is almost like the Democrat politicians get together over lots of drinks and just try to outdo each other in questions like: How can we kill businesses? How best can I inconvenience my constituents?, How can I make things more expensive? etc. It is sorta weird. Who, except someone really drunk or on drugs, would come up with ideas like straws or sandwiches being a source of evil? Unless the thought process went like: people like sandwiches, so we should ban them or straws are convenient, so we should ban them.

GravitySucks

Just have them take a selfie...
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-42815483

TigerLily

Stupid California Environmentalists (this is a plastic straw)

TigerLily

Quote from: Radio Activity on January 25, 2018, 04:08:04 PM

What's Uhura doing with that lady? At least it looks safe for the environment

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on January 25, 2018, 05:51:03 PM

Was that turtle trying to snort coke? :D

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 25, 2018, 05:57:28 PM
Was that turtle trying to snort coke? :D
Ha!  One less Californian turtle cocaine addict.  I'm lobbying to ban metro busses.  I saw one run over a squirrel.  It could have been Zeebo.  Oh, well.  At least he helped to temporarily patch part of a pothole riddled street in the metro.  Thank yeeewww!

Kidnostad3

Quote from: TigerLily on January 25, 2018, 05:57:23 PM
What's Uhura doing with that lady? At least it looks safe for the environment

I think it’s called foreplay.

=Schlyder=

stupid California environmentalists are why there are quadrillions of fucking plastic bags everywhere, and will continue polluting the planet for decades upon decades...because save the trees.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: TigerLily on January 25, 2018, 05:51:03 PM

Maybe Californians should stop being such slobs and put their refuse in the proper receptacle. 

Are those harmful straws coming from restaurants with waiters or fast food drive-thrus?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 25, 2018, 06:30:42 PM
Maybe Californians should stop being such slobs and put their refuse in the proper receptacle.

Yeah. Right.

ItsOver

Quote from: Radio Activity on January 25, 2018, 06:33:17 PM
Are those harmful straws coming from restaurants with waiters or fast food drive-thrus?
Evil Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Gd5150

Don’t fine the people who litter, fine the poor single mothers who have to wait tables to feed their children. Good idea demokkkrats.

Well at least they have platform now, ban straws. The DemoKKKRats BS campaign 2020. 👍🏾

albrecht

Quote from: =Schlyder= on January 25, 2018, 06:26:27 PM
stupid California environmentalists are why there are quadrillions of fucking plastic bags everywhere, and will continue polluting the planet for decades upon decades...because save the trees.
We've banned the cheap plastic bags for "environmental reasons" but you can buy plastic bags that are, somewhat, reusable and in nice parts of town, or for certain customers, they will still give you brown paper bags, which are racist.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10219389/Seattle-bans-words-citizen-and-brown-bag.html

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 25, 2018, 06:40:16 PM
Don’t fine the people who litter, fine the poor single mothers who have to wait tables to feed their children. Good idea demokkkrats.

Well at least they have platform now, ban straws. The DemoKKKRats BS campaign 2020. 👍🏾

ItsOver

Someone needs to clue Big Hill in on the cause.  Ban the straw!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on January 25, 2018, 06:53:19 PM
Someone needs to clue Big Hill in on the cause.  Ban the straw!

Shouldn't she be resisting?! ???

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 25, 2018, 06:55:22 PM
Shouldn't she be resisting?! ???
Finally, something the authorities will nail her on.

ItsOver

"Excise taxes on beef, pork, and chicken could be the next big thing..."

Jorch is sweating bullets.  Turkee could be next!

TigerLily

Keeping sucking, boys. At least you won't be able to breed

"BPA plastics chemical found to feminize males. The harder and more durable the plastic straw is, the more likely it is that it has BPA,”

Kidnostad3

Straws are very dangerous.  I once had to have one removed from my right nostril after drinking four mai tais at a bar in Honolulu. 

Gd5150

Just go back to making them out of paper. Then they dissolve after a few days. And when people litter they should be shot. Problem solved.

But no instead the genius demokkkrats decide they’re going to fine waiters and waitresses for giving them out unsolicited. Because people can’t buy them in the store or grab a million of them at the 7-eleven.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 28, 2018, 11:00:58 PM
Just go back to making them out of paper. Then they dissolve after a few days. And when people litter they should be shot. Problem solved.

But no instead the genius demokkkrats decide they’re going to fine waiters and waitresses for giving them out unsolicited. Because people can’t buy them in the store or grab a million of them at the 7-eleven.

Maybe they can set up straw inspection checkpoints at the state border.