• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

CNN story: Cuckolding Can Be Positive For Some Couples

Started by 21st Century Man, January 25, 2018, 12:40:49 PM

A story on CNN about cuckolding.  Pot meet kettle.

"This fantasy has been around as long as marriage and sexuality," said Ley, whose book "Insatiable Wives" addresses cuckolding in heterosexual couples. "But we're hearing more and more about it these days, and more people are rejecting the social stigma against this fantasy."
Are you 'normal' in bed?
Indeed, the numbers suggest that cuckolding, or at least thinking about it, is more common than you might imagine. For his forthcoming book, "Tell Me What You Want: The Science of Sexual Desire and How It Can Help Improve Your Sex Life," Lehmiller surveyed thousands of Americans and found that 58% of men and about a third of women had fantasized about cuckolding......

....."Overall, our research found that for the most part, cuckolding tends to be a positive fantasy and behavior," said Ley. "It doesn't appear to be evidence of disturbance, of an unhealthy relationship, or of disregard for one's partner."

...For couples who do decide to move forward, it's important to take things slow. "The reality of watching your spouse have sex with someone else -- or knowing they're doing it, if you're not there -- is often very different than the fantasy. It can dredge up powerful emotions, so take baby steps and keep talking and communicating," said Savage. "That said, the rewards can be amazing, according to couples who have successfully folded cuckold play into their relationships."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/25/health/cuckolding-sex-kerner/index.html

So boys and girls, next time your sex life goes stale,  bring another person into the relationship to increase the heat and if your kids see some stranger sneaking out of your bedroom, just tell them this is what healthy people do.  Hell, let your kid watch one time so they don't feel so uncomfortable when they seek to add some spice to their life in their adulthood.  Your family will be
all the stronger for it. ::) :P

I have my fetishes but this is way too twisted for me.  The worst marriage advice one can possibly give.

"Insatiable Wives"?   What the hell kind of a book is that?   :o

Gd5150

What’s this the millionth time some dumbass left winger was used by a communist regime to push their propaganda. Let’s be honest, NBC and Lester Holt aren’t this dumb. They do this crap on purpose. Just like Venezuela and Cuba used leftwing dumbfucks Sean Penn and Oliver Stone. Or how CNNs Baghdad bureu under Saddam Hussein had to have his approval on all their stories. Or all through the 80s when the left told us what a paradise the USSR was. (that’s Russia for the dumbass lemmings here).  Yep an economic paradise just before it collapsed thanks to Ronald Reagan.

And now the lemming media is being butt raped again on the world wide stage courtesy North Korea, and begging for more. Fake news at its best.

Look lemmings, it’s a North Korean Olympic skier! With no skies. What a paradise!

Cant keep those happy communism loving North Koreans off the slopes.

Once again the left is a worthless disgrace for the whole world to see. Helping another tyrannical regime enslave and torture it’s own people.

But wait...Trump orange! Russians!

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/01/24/embarrassment-for-nbc-news-after-lester-holt-apparently-falls-for-north-korean-propaganda.amp.html

Asuka Langley

Oy Vey Goyim it's progressive to be a shit eating cuck! It's 2018 and if you don't enjoy cuckolding and eating shit you are a misogynistic backwards thinking white SUPREMACIST!

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 25, 2018, 02:41:14 PM
What’s this the millionth time some dumbass left winger was used by a communist regime to push their propaganda. Let’s be honest, NBC and Lester Holt aren’t this dumb. They do this crap on purpose. Just like Venezuela and Cuba used leftwing dumbfucks Sean Penn and Oliver Stone. Or how CNNs Baghdad bureu under Saddam Hussein had to have his approval on all their stories. Or all through the 80s when the left told us what a paradise the USSR was. (that’s Russia for the dumbass lemmings here).  Yep an economic paradise just before it collapsed thanks to Ronald Reagan.

And now the lemming media is being butt raped again on the world wide stage courtesy North Korea, and begging for more. Fake news at its best.

Look lemmings, it’s a North Korean Olympic skier! With no skies. What a paradise!

Cant keep those happy communism loving North Koreans off the slopes.

Once again the left is a worthless disgrace for the whole world to see. Helping another tyrannical regime enslave and torture it’s own people.

But wait...Trump orange! Russians!

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/01/24/embarrassment-for-nbc-news-after-lester-holt-apparently-falls-for-north-korean-propaganda.amp.html

https://youtu.be/JL1MMoUPfxU

The NKs tried this with a BBC crew at a "childrens' hospital" some years ago, but the BBC didn't fall for it.

paladin1991

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 25, 2018, 12:40:49 PM
A story on CNN about cuckolding.  Pot meet kettle.

"This fantasy has been around as long as marriage and sexuality," said Ley, whose book "Insatiable Wives" addresses cuckolding in heterosexual couples. "But we're hearing more and more about it these days, and more people are rejecting the social stigma against this fantasy."

Heheheh.  Army Intelligence.  Insatiable wives. 

Lord Grantham

I've heard speculation that divorce rates have gone down because women are more willing to secretly get some on the side. 

So, uh, have fun with that speculation married guys.

ksm32

I don't always like meat and veggies in a  soup, sometimes a consume is just fine. Sometimes the ratio of meat to vegetables is off and you're left bewildered never wanting soup again, ever.

I've also noticed there seem to be less Mike's than ever before. Less Dave's too! Most of the Mike's and Dave's I've known have been rather good fellows. Alas..

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on January 25, 2018, 02:51:05 PM
Oy Vey Goyim it's progressive to be a shit eating cuck! It's 2018 and if you don't enjoy cuckolding and eating shit you are a misogynistic backwards thinking white SUPREMACIST!

This is the message I'm hearing from advocates of cuckolding. It's the same old postmodernist PC screed, "If you don't believe me or follow me, you are an ignorant, inbred, far right bigot who supports a cultural and values system created by rich white landowners that was developed to keep the people down." I think I'd rather be an inbred bigot than do what they are advocating. The minute any of my lovers starts seeing somebody on the side, I'm finished with her.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on January 27, 2018, 11:02:25 AM
This is the message I'm hearing from advocates of cuckolding. It's the same old postmodernist PC screed, "If you don't believe me or follow me, you are an ignorant, inbred, far right bigot who supports a cultural and values system created by rich white landowners that was developed to keep the people down." I think I'd rather be an inbred bigot than do what they are advocating. The minute any of my lovers starts seeing somebody on the side, I'm finished with her.

What if she does it behind your back? ???

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 27, 2018, 11:09:37 AM
What if she does it behind your back? ???
I guess the only way I would know is if she gave me a STD or got pregnant or she smelled funny. That, and I usually don't stay with anybody long enough for the issue to come up. Where I live, half the couples have secret affairs. The only rule is to keep it secret. Cuckolding is so common and they keep it so secret, that I have accidentally gone out with married women who did not bother to tell me they were married until the second or third date.

Jojo

The only real research listed was that 58% of partners fantasized about it.  Fantasized.  That's all.  There is a huge difference between fantasy and reality.  I notice among the relationship qualities needed, commitment was not listed... No references to follow-up survey, break-up stats... And the fact that the gay community leads the way is not exactly the most commitment-minded citation!

Maybe before thinking about wife swapping, couples should role play (in their own mind) how they would feel after another potential mate did other intimate things with their spouse like brush their hair, spoon feed them, sit on their lap, shower with them, make them dinner, etc...  Most mates would not like it.

I think poly sounds a lot more respectable than cuckolding, as poly involves a commitment.

Jojo

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on January 27, 2018, 11:13:14 AM
I guess the only way I would know is if she gave me a STD or got pregnant or she smelled funny. That, and I usually don't stay with anybody long enough for the issue to come up. Where I live, half the couples have secret affairs. The only rule is to keep it secret. Cuckolding is so common and they keep it so secret, that I have accidentally gone out with married women who did not bother to tell me they were married until the second or third date.
This makes me wonder where he line is between plain cheating, vs cuckolding!

BrandonR

That's what you get when soy boys give sex and marriage advice.

There is a saying, "If you have a beautiful wife (or husband), expect to share her."

Quote from: BrandonR on January 28, 2018, 08:31:01 AM
That's what you get when soy boys give sex and marriage advice.
I have lactose intolerance and alternate between soy milk, rice, and almond milk.

I thought cuckolding was when the wife cheats on the husband, and infidelity is when either spouse cheats. I'm not sure what polyamoury is.

The Daily Mirror gives this list of the top 10 countries by rate of infidelity. That's actual cheating and not fantasizing. Thailand tops the list at 56%, and some Western European countries are close to 50%:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/adultery-countries-most-unfaithful-5188791
IIRC, it is around 15% in the USA.

Jojo

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on January 28, 2018, 11:58:02 AM
There is a saying, "If you have a beautiful wife (or husband), expect to share her."
I have lactose intolerance and alternate between soy milk, rice, and almond milk.

I thought cuckolding was when the wife cheats on the husband, and infidelity is when either spouse cheats. I'm not sure what polyamoury is.

The Daily Mirror gives this list of the top 10 countries by rate of infidelity. That's actual cheating and not fantasizing. Thailand tops the list at 56%, and some Western European countries are close to 50%:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/adultery-countries-most-unfaithful-5188791
IIRC, it is around 15% in the USA.
Lactaid milk is alright.  And enables other cheating at same meal.

I thought cuckolding was when the man wants to pimp out the wife.

I think poly is a committed marriage of several people.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on January 29, 2018, 02:23:18 AM

These gals can teach you all about it...

http://www.sorryaboutlastnightcomedy.com/guys-we-fucked/

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on January 27, 2018, 11:02:25 AM
This is the message I'm hearing from advocates of cuckolding.

Advocating it? Who is doing that? It wouldn't be for me or in fact anyone I know, but what consenting adults do in their own private domain is up to them. I would (and I'm sure most would) draw the line if they stood on the soap box and demanded that everyone else should do it. If on the other hand they were open to taking questions about the hows, the whys, the whens from couples who were thinking about it, so what?

Religious zealots advocate their particular faith and the shortcomings of those who don't or won't 'see the light' that they think they see, but I don't often see criticism of those advocates by those who have hang ups about the sex lives of consenting adults.

Quote from: Jojo on January 29, 2018, 02:23:18 AM

You are right.  The husband has to know.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 29, 2018, 10:56:47 AM
The whole point/origin of the term was that the husband doesn't know and hence a cuckold, like the bird cuckoo who lays eggs in another's nest and the bird, without knowing, protects them. So the idea is the clueless husband is a joke because his wife is running around on him and  maybe even his kids are not really his and others know, but not him. He is "the fool." The "horn" gestures and references to the "fool" cuckolded husband has a long tradition: Shakespeare, Chaucer, etc. Thanks to BG, and now CNN,  ;) I learn that the definition has changed. Like "gay"etc  has been changed. But I think a bad idea ,whatever the weird fetish is, if the husband knows/participates it should be called swinging, or something else because, by definition, it is a different thing.

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on January 29, 2018, 11:28:31 AM
The whole point/origin of the term was that the husband doesn't know and hence a cuckold, like the bird cuckoo who lays eggs in another's nest and the bird, without knowing, protects them. So the idea is the clueless husband is a joke because his wife is running around on him and  maybe even his kids are not really his and others know, but not him. He is "the fool." The "horn" gestures and references to the "fool" cuckolded husband has a long tradition: Shakespeare, Chaucer, etc. Thanks to BG, and now CNN,  ;) I learn that the definition has changed. Like "gay"etc  has been changed. But I think a bad idea ,whatever the weird fetish is, if the husband knows/participates it should be called swinging, or something else because, by definition, it is a different thing.
Rooster Raunch.

Jojo

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 29, 2018, 10:44:30 AM

Advocating it? Who is doing that? It wouldn't be for me or in fact anyone I know, but what consenting adults do in their own private domain is up to them. I would (and I'm sure most would) draw the line if they stood on the soap box and demanded that everyone else should do it. If on the other hand they were open to taking questions about the hows, the whys, the whens from couples who were thinking about it, so what?

Religious zealots advocate their particular faith and the shortcomings of those who don't or won't 'see the light' that they think they see, but I don't often see criticism of those advocates by those who have hang ups about the sex lives of consenting adults.
Yeah, UK news is weird.  I wondered about the author.  One would think mobbing peer pressure would end by age 25...

BTW, I think you won a flame war, so congrats!

Quote from: albrecht on January 29, 2018, 11:28:31 AM

OK.  I had forgotten. I just know that current use means the husband knows.  I also see the term hotwife so maybe that would apply better for current parlance.

Gd5150

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 29, 2018, 10:56:47 AM

Cuckholding is when the husband knows and is so weak they stay in said relationship. Sometimes they’re even forced to watch while the wife is satisfied by me a real man.

A woman staying with her man who she knows is cheating is just your typical marriage involving a wealthy or powerful man and a weak helpless woman. Like the Clinton’s.

Cheating is when said indescretions are hidden from the other. And it doesn’t always have to involve physical contact. Like a female at the Bellgab sending PM’s to a man behind her bf’s back could be construed as cheating.

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 29, 2018, 01:09:01 PM
Cuckholding is when the husband/knows and is so weak they stay in said relationship. Sometimes they’re even forced to watch while the wife is satisfied by me a real man.

A woman staying with her man who she knows is cheating is just your typical marriage involving a wealthy or powerful man and a weak helpless woman. Like the Clinton’s.

Cheating is when said indescretions are hidden from the other. And it doesn’t always have to involve physical contact. Like a female at the Bellgab sending PM’s to a man behind her bf’s back could be construed as cheating.

Damn,  I better tell Laura to stop it.

paladin1991

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 29, 2018, 01:09:01 PM
Cuckholding is when the husband knows and is so weak they stay in said relationship. Sometimes they’re even forced to watch while the wife is satisfied by me a real man paladin.

Cheating is when said indescretions are hidden from the other. And it doesn’t always have to involve physical contact. Like a female Slojo at the Bellgab sending PM’s to a man me behind her bf’s back could be construed as cheating.