Author Topic: BellGab is now funded entirely by user donations.  (Read 4368 times)

Re: Google Adsense is finished on BellGab.
« Reply #240 on: January 13, 2018, 02:06:22 PM »
There's a problem with the software responsible for many of the items you regularly see in the menu. It will be fixed as soon as the author of that software updates it. Probably soon.

Until then, you can donate here:

http://bellgab.com/donate.html

Thanks!

« Reply #241 on: January 13, 2018, 02:28:29 PM »
A few females have mentioned to me one way or other they don't want to participate anymore because of issues above.

boorish hoors

« Reply #242 on: January 13, 2018, 03:39:11 PM »
Yes I remember... hope it helped. Please if wearing custom tailored suits..match the widest part of tie width to widest part of lapels. I prefer 2 3/8" for both.

Yes, it helped.  Your advice was, and is appreciated.  I am straight with the ties.  My problem is the knots.  I prefer a fuller knot.  I gave up on trying to do a full Windsor let alone attempt a Christensen.  I just go with the Four in Hand, Half Windsor, or St. Andrew.  I will say that I could get used to wearing suits every day.  After over 26 years of kitchen work, for the last several years I've been trying to reinvent myself.  I am applying for a Concierge position soon.  In need to look sharp

« Reply #243 on: January 13, 2018, 03:43:03 PM »
Yes, it helped.  Your advice was, and is appreciated.  I am straight with the ties.  My problem is the knots.  I prefer a fuller knot.  I gave up on trying to do a full Windsor let alone attempt a Christensen.  I just go with the Four in Hand, Half Windsor, or St. Andrew.  I will say that I could get used to wearing suits every day.  After over 26 years of kitchen work, for the last several years I've been trying to reinvent myself.  I am applying for a Concierge position soon.  In need to look sharp.

« Reply #244 on: January 13, 2018, 03:44:30 PM »
Nice one Gravity.  ;D

« Reply #245 on: January 13, 2018, 03:49:49 PM »
Nice one Gravity.  ;D

But seriously, good luck

« Reply #246 on: January 13, 2018, 03:53:37 PM »
But seriously, good luck

Thank you sir.  I need it. 

« Reply #247 on: January 13, 2018, 04:22:07 PM »
Thank you sir.  I need it.

Just have a backup plan man

« Reply #248 on: January 13, 2018, 04:31:55 PM »
Yes, it helped.  Your advice was, and is appreciated.  I am straight with the ties.  My problem is the knots.  I prefer a fuller knot.  I gave up on trying to do a full Windsor let alone attempt a Christensen.  I just go with the Four in Hand, Half Windsor, or St. Andrew.  I will say that I could get used to wearing suits every day.  After over 26 years of kitchen work, for the last several years I've been trying to reinvent myself.  I am applying for a Concierge position soon.  In need to look sharp.

« Reply #249 on: January 13, 2018, 05:38:12 PM »
A few females have mentioned to me one way or other they don't want to participate anymore because of issues above. It's MV biz not my concern. I like his let it develope and change management style but also recognize that his style will offend some many.

I was in an office the other day and I overheard several women complaining about experiences from childhood.  They had each experienced wanting to join the boys when they were playing games, and were upset that while the boys allowed them to join, they were too rough, too competitive, etc.

So they wanted to join in and play, but change everything up to suit them

Oh how I wanted to join that conversation.  I continued working on my project and pretended not to hear it.

« Reply #250 on: January 13, 2018, 05:42:15 PM »
I was in an office the other day and I overheard several women complaining about experiences from childhood.  They had each experienced wanting to join the boys when they were playing games, and were upset that while the boys allowed them to join, they were too rough, too competitive, etc.

Oh how I wanted to join that conversation.  I continued working on my project and pretended not to hear it.
Ha!

« Reply #251 on: January 13, 2018, 05:53:07 PM »
If you are going to wear a tie than go full Windsor or don't wear one. Once you learn it can be done fast and makes an even look. And no bow-ties unless you are wearing a dinner jacket or tux- or a seersucker (and then you should be drinking a mint julep and gambling on horses or, lacking that,  smoking a cigar and pontificating to a jury.)

« Reply #252 on: January 13, 2018, 06:45:01 PM »
Wear a bow tie if you want to avoid jury duty.

« Reply #253 on: January 13, 2018, 06:49:05 PM »

Bib overalls, plaid shirt and a bow tie. 

« Reply #254 on: January 13, 2018, 06:56:47 PM »

you wouldn't have said shit anyway

« Reply #255 on: January 13, 2018, 08:11:22 PM »
LOL! I didn't get well off by giving money to sinking ships like this one honey bun! Show me yer titties!
Oh first it's kitties, now it's titties.
Rated -15.

« Reply #256 on: January 13, 2018, 08:21:56 PM »
The missing donate button does make it a bit difficult to donate. 🤔

Maybe we could have a Bellgab telethon.

Sounds fun.  Like those NPR fundraisers.  Remember when they used to go non-stop for two weeks?!

« Reply #257 on: January 13, 2018, 08:23:58 PM »
In all of those cases they freely choose to do that and could also have chosen to speak and deal with the consequences.
Freedom at the high cost of consequences like career loss isn't freedom.

« Reply #258 on: January 13, 2018, 08:26:43 PM »
There is an ignore list in your profile settings. Use it!  ;)
Well ignoring works pretty well in person, so maybe I'll try that. Thanks.

« Reply #259 on: January 13, 2018, 08:49:03 PM »
Freedom at the high cost of consequences like career loss isn't freedom.

Sure it is. You can't escape it so you might as well deal with it.  ;)

« Reply #260 on: January 14, 2018, 12:37:00 AM »

« Reply #261 on: January 14, 2018, 12:39:24 AM »

You should have interjected how you always wanted to do sleepovers with the girls in your class.  Share stories together, practice kissing, etc.   You know, that's called breaking the ice and in time, they might see you as 'one of the girls' and you can continue to have those deep and candid discussions.

« Reply #262 on: January 14, 2018, 01:02:02 AM »
In all of those cases they freely choose to do that and could also have chosen to speak and deal with the consequences.
I don't know what you are getting at.  Are you saying anything short of imprisonment or violence still defines free speech?

« Reply #263 on: January 14, 2018, 01:45:28 AM »

This always works:

« Reply #264 on: January 14, 2018, 01:49:16 AM »
I don't know what you are getting at.  Are you saying anything short of imprisonment or violence still defines free speech?

Pretty much. It's like the Rush song says, If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice. Most are just looking to escape the responsibility of their freedom rather than embracing it.

« Reply #265 on: January 14, 2018, 06:43:40 AM »

Carrying a bible has worked for me twice.

« Reply #266 on: January 14, 2018, 09:38:49 AM »

Pretty much. It's like the Rush song says, If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice. Most are just looking to escape the responsibility of their freedom rather than embracing it.
Ok well free speech might not be a myth, but public perception of it often is.

« Reply #267 on: January 14, 2018, 09:39:48 AM »
But if they had queried you on the Bible...

« Reply #268 on: January 14, 2018, 09:43:37 AM »

KJV ?

« Reply #269 on: January 14, 2018, 09:45:16 AM »
Or become a Texas Tech fan but then you might end up WITH a jury, instead of being on one.

http://www.chron.com/life/article/Houston-girl-viral-TSA-Texas-Tech-hand-gun-symbol-12493577.php?ipid=happening